November 29, 2014 | 1180 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Emilyisradxcore

It's great if you squish off excess mascara on a piece of paper and then scoop the mascara back in the tube (if you want to save it, or make it last longer).

If i apply it straight out of the tube, it looks disgusting and clumpy...and just gross. Basically, if you know how to apply it, it's great!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by licoricepirate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells like dandelions ..
The wand is very big & the formula's pretty runny/goopy.
Kinda ok i guess.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by mollypop5

I love this mascara! Maybe it's because I've been using Maybelline Great Lash and this is SUCH a vast improvement from that ---- but I am truly pleased with this mascara. I love the fat bristled brush -- it only takes a few swoops of it over the lashes to get a decent amount of coverage. It doesn't flake or smudge and isn't too wet -- I do not like a wet mascara (part of my dislike w/ the Great Lash), plus it holds a curl. It separates and spreads the lashes, no clumping or spidery-ness, for a great wide-eyed look. It does have a rose-like smell, and though I can see how it would be annoying to those who are sensitive to fragrant products, this smell doesn't bother me, though later throughout the day I do get an occasional whiff of it. I just walked out and my husband said, "enough eye makeup!" -- and since I only have on one coat of this I thought, "perfect, just what I'm going for. Need to review it." Paid about $5.50 for it at Kroger grocery.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by texbelle11

A few days ago I saw my friend pull this mascara out of her makeup bag and wow...it made her lashes look insanely full and lush. I immediately looked up reviews here on MUA like always, and saw mostly glowing reviews. I have tried virtually every mascara on the market with my top faves being Mac Plushlash, Maybelline Full n Soft, and Benefit Bad Gal. The Colossal is a superior mascara which made my lashes look like falsies. LOVE! Plus, how can you not adore the canary yellow and bright purple packaging? Go buy now!

EDIT: After using this for a few weeks, my lashes became brittle and seemed really sparse. Almost like the chemicals in this formulation made my eyelashes fall out. Boo.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 2:00:00 PM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand the hype behind this mascara. The brush is too sparse for my liking, and the formula is simultaneously thin and gloppy. It gave me terrible, spider leg lashes - gross! And, to add insult to injury, Maybelline added some kind of bizarre scent to this mascara. I don't know about you all, but I don't think I want perfume near my eyes. Especially nasty perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2008 12:00:00 PM More reviews by boilerbabe

This is seriously the best mascara I've ever used. I was considering dropping $20 on Too Faced Lash Injection again but saw the fun neon yellow tube and thought I'd give this a try. It's amazing! I got this awesome fake lashes look with just 2 or 3 coats. The only caveat, I guess, is also what I like the best about it...it just makes your lashes SO long...so putting it on your bottom lashes might look weird, I sometimes use a different mascara for the bottom ones.

BUY THIS! It's incredible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 10:07:00 AM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just when I thought I had found my perfect mascaras (CG Lash Blast by day; Too Faced Lash Injection for night), something new comes along that will probably replace both in my m/u bag. One coat of Collossal Volum' gives great length, eye-popping volume, and lasts all day. Add a 2nd or 3rd coat, and you have the drama of lush, thick, dramatic lashes that won't clump, flake or smudge. All for $6! I haven't had only one tube of mascara in my bad since I was 12. I always needed one for length, one for volume, one for day, one for night, etc. I finally found one that can do everything!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by laladoosh

Hands down. Best. Mascara. Ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by sw00t_princezz

I think I found my HG mascara!!! this is THEE best marscara ive ever used. Usually when i apply mascara, i have to put multiple coats since i got short asian eyelashes. But with this, just one or two coats will do the trick. even though this is not waterproof, it still last all day, without smudging.
I think this is much better than CG's lash blast, the formula doesnt dry out as CGs would. and the best thing is, its dirt cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by boogiepimp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

People that are complaining about the scent WTF? What is wrong with the scent of roses??!!! It's rather cute that it smells so pretty! I can understand it may not be your fave scent, but come on! Bad enough that you would throw it away?? That makes me laugh. The scent lingers only for a bit and does eventually fade after application....and it gives me nice, dark and thick lashes with a slight curl (without using any eyelash curler). I'm impressed this quality comes from Maybelline who hasn't had too many good mascaras come out recently. The original Volum' Express Turbo is pitiful (doesn't volumize at all!!!), but this one is one of the best mascaras you can buy at a drugstore. Will buy again!!!