April 17, 2014 | 896 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by melzie2121

I love this mascara! My lashes do extremely well with most Maybelline mascaras and I really don't even bother trying other brands anymore. (I do like lash blast, though). I tried this and that's it- this is my HG!! Amazingly full, lush lashes. I'll use this until they stop making it (hope not!) and then go back to the regular volume express.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2008 9:30:00 PM More reviews by JuhhAAY

I thought that this mascara was like any other mascara that maybelline makes. I didnt' really notice a difference in my eyelashes from any other mascara i've tried from this company. It was okay, but i wouldn't buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2008 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Karthi

This is a great mascara. It did a great job on my lashes. It gave me volume and made my lashes thicker. I already had thick lashes, but there was a huge difference after applying this masacra! I got it for $7 on sale in CND.
Update: Sorry it took me time to update, but I HATE this. Do not buy. It's too pasty in the tube and it's too creamy to be used on your eyes. YUCK!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2008 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Baked

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara makes my eyelashes beautiful. First, I apply two coats of Ardell's LashMagic (I think that's what it's called). Ardell adds & enlongates my lashes a bit. I use it to 'start'. Then I use THIS AMAZING MASCARA. One or two coats of this enlongates & lengthensm, adds volume, curve... omg, this is just perfect. LOVE IT.

I also love the brush. It has a lot of bristles & you can just feel it work into your lashes. But the wand feels kinda short. I like Maybelline's Full n' Soft wand.

UPDATE: I've been using this same mascara since around the end of '08. I use it to build up my eyelashes. They don't look good just alone with my Lorac but I use it by itself when I just want less dramatic eyelashes.

UPDATE 5/20/09: Well I still continue to use this & I continue to use this as a prep for my lashes. I don't like wearing this alone because I prefer thicker & longer lashes - this gives a more natural look. Plus this can't even 'hold my lashes up'. I'm hardly halfway through a school day & my lashes look naked. Lowered rating from a 4 to a 3 & packaging quality from 3 to a 2 because the rim comes out frequently which doesn't wipe off excess product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2008 7:09:00 PM More reviews by dominichulinda

I love this product!! I reach for this before any high-end mascara :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Tinkerbell

I am a mascara junkie and have tried many from high end to drug store and this one is (in my book) fantastic... it gives my lashes volume and length without any clumps... I love the brush, it is large but works great to get all of my lashes covered... would def. buy this one again...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2008 3:15:00 AM More reviews by cvinson

Been using DiorShow and LashBlast for a awile and bought this. I have small, asian lashes that needed A LOT of help. This works wonders for me. I only apply one coat and my lashes looked even better than when I used DiorShow. Its dirt cheap, will def buy again!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2008 6:27:00 PM More reviews by HapaDynazty

Okay, so just because I have sparse, short lashes doesn't mean I should give this a bad review but.. The brush made my lashes so clumpy, weighed down my lashes/didn't keep a curl even when using my eyelash curler before, hardly lengthened my lashes.. I don't know I could go on. I'm thinking this mascara is geared toward girls with already super thick long curly lashes lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by fascinationbeauty

i ♥ this mascara.

☻ its not even available in germany right now, but i ordered it from the us and im totally surprised how BIG my straight short lashes can be.

☻ i know you think " i heard that a hundret times..." but its truly a fake lash mascara.

☻ three coats of this mascara and youll have - no spiderlegs- beautiful full lashes.

☻ by the way : i hate all the other maybelline volume express mascaras !!!

ps : the packaging of this mascara is uber-cute ... i love the lime and purple ♥

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by ex0ticbarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am happy that I didn't buy this mascara, even though I was tempted to by some of these reviews here. My sister bought it so I decided to try it on this morning and to see if it would really give my lashes volume. I have very long but thin eyelashes so volume is more important than length to me. I am also a natural brunette but my eyelashes are blonde so I always buy the blackest black mascara I could find. So anyways this morning I did my makeup nicely and as I pulled the mascara wand out of the tube it had way too much product on it. It was unbelievable. Everything was so messy and there was even some mascara on the handle. I couldn't believed it. I somehow managed to wipe off all the excess mascara from the wand and apply it to my lashes. Although it made them very dark, they were extremely clumpy. I'm talking 5 pounds on mascara on each eye. My boyfriend even noticed and said to me that my mascara sucked. Honestly which guy notices mascara? LOL .. it must've been *that bad*. I also don't have a problem with my eyes watering or being sensitive but they were very watery the whole day. Also when some mascara got into my eye, it stung like crazy. The most exciting part about this mascara was taking it off! I couldn't wait to remove it and let my eyes have a break. I think the mascara looks attractive from the outside because of its bright yellow colour and is easy to find in a huge makeup bag. But considering how it made my eyes water like crazy, stung and clumped like no tomorrow, I will never purchase this mascara or wear it again.