Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I purchashed this product in the combo/oily (my skin type), shade 410-Cappucino. This product is the best I've used as far as transfer-resistance goes. I love that feature because my make up is SO dark. I have a very oily t-zone & I can comfortably wear this product for about 4-5hrs. before needing to blot. I don't always set it with powder, it wears well without one, but sometimes I do. It doesn't irritate my skin or cause more acne. The coverage is buildable, medium to full-- spread & blend it quickly, as it does dry fast. Normally I apply it with a foundation brush, it can also double as a concealer. I've also applied it with a sponge. You get a decent amount of product for the price, I also use the Mineral Finishing Bronzer over it sometimes, works together nicely. My complaint about this product is that there's no pump so it can be rather messy to use once it's half empty. A little goes a long way and it's lasted a long time.

I'm really picky when it comes to foundation. I expect it to have coverage like concealer, look and last as if I used a primer, not worsen my flaky skin, and (obviously) not cause any breakouts. This foundation really meets all my requirements. I've used expensive, department store brands, and this is better than most I've tried. It's definitely worth the price. A little really goes a long way, so it lasts a good amount of time. I used this on my friend who had severe acne and scars and this made her look nearly flawless the entire night of dancing. HOWEVER I recommend using only the one for normal-oily skin, for all skin types except extremely oily skin. I found that the normal-dry skin formula is even drier than the other formula! It showed all the cracks in my face. Not cute. The other one is perfect though, in my opinion. I'm a fan and have been buying this for a while and don't plan to stop!

I had ventured into the world of mineral makeup, but I can never bring it with me to touch up as its too much of a pain to apply. I had heard great things about Colorstay, and I was recently able to swap for a new one. I LOVE it! First, I'll start off by saying, my skin isn't perfect. It's pretty clear, but I'm pale and the redness around my nose and eyes is obvious. I only started using concealer about 2 years ago (concealer-why didn't you come to me before that?!), but since then, it's become the one makeup item I MUST put on/won't leave the house without. Enter: Colorstay. I can use Colorstay without any concealer and my skin looks almost the same as when I used concealer. This is a HUGE selling point for me being in a rush or something. I can throw this on and leave the house. Yea, I prefer to use concealer with it, but the coverage on this is amazing. That being said, I don't find it to be cakey. It looks natural; like my skin but better.
My next area where Colorstay scores major points is staying power. I work at events, and it's not always possible for me to touch up my makeup. I can work up to a 17 hour day (definitely not everyday), and I barely have a mirror. Usually, if I do encounter a mirror, I'm mortified at what I see after like 4 hours. With Colorstay, I looked in a mirror after 12 hours, and just did some tiny touch ups by my nose and eyes. With the foundation, not a concealer. I don't think I've got the PERFECT color match (perhaps a little pink toned for me), but I can blend it so that it looks good enough. No lines on the jaw for me! Maybe next time I'll try buying a different shade.
It's obviously much more travel friendly than mineral makeup, but I barely need to do touch ups. Colorstay will definitely be my winter foundation. I do still have mineral foundation, and sometimes I just prefer it, but Colorstay is the only thing that's been bringing me back to liquid recently

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Wanted to love this foundation but it did not work for me so it was very disappointing. I got mine in the normal/dry formula.
Pros:
-Stays on for a very long time
-Great range (so It matched my skin tone)

Cons:
-Shit packaging (cannot control amount of foundation to come out)
-Feels really heavy
-Feels very drying even though it is the normal/dry formula
-Breaks me out a bit
-It made me look dull and sick
-Does not blend very well

I have bought this product on and off for the longest time that I have ever bought any beauty product,I really tried to like it because the coverage was really good and the finish was matt which I liked because I have oily skin. Also did not exsentuate my skin imperfections such as dryness or pores. I know a lot of foundations that do that. That being said, I could not give this product any more than two lippies due to the packaging, color selection, and how UNNATURAL that it looks. There is no pump which makes it hard to apply this product. The colors are ashy they make me look sick. You could tell that they are a bit off. I realized how unnatural that this makeup looked when I bought a lighter foundation that covered just as much whithout the masky look. After checking out the ingridient list, I could tell there are a few or several irritating ingridients, so sensitive skin and acne prone BEWARE! Forgot to mention.....I got a red rash after using this right under my jaw line and several acne breakouts around my jawline and my skin became verrrry dry..... SO this product is not worth it as there are far better foundations out there that do not cause these issues. In my opinion, this foundation may not be good for skin in the long run because it is hard to wash off.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I found that we had an extra Revlon Colorstay in the house, that was a bit dark because my mom bought it for summer. I decided I'd test it really quick to see if I'd buy it in my shade when my own foundation ran out. I definitely won't!
The bottle already looked half empty, and no one's even used it yet. Not a good sign...
This makeup left me with a horrible foundation line that I couldn't blend out...It dried really quickly. Also, the pores on the side of my nose looked HUGE! I did cover my blemishes, but I feel like it didn't live up to the hype of being so amazing. I don't use the high end products it's been compared to, but it didn't seem so great to me.
When I went to take the makeup off, I felt like it was literally stuck to my face. I went over with a makeup wipe first, and then washed my face twice to get it off. I hate makeup that sticks on. It's good that it won't slip and side, but taking it off is important.
Worst part? I woke up the next morning with a giant blemish on my forehead. I didn't have one before, so I know it was this foundation. I used the one for oily skin, which i have, so I don't know why it would do that. Definitely not going to be getting this again anytime soon :/

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a definite purchase again product. I was a little concerned buying a drugstore foundation. MAC studio fix in NC42 is the only foundation i have used for many years. So in Colorstay i can use the golden caramel and its a very good match. I gave Colorstay 4 lippies because im comparing this with Mac Studio fix. Id have to say Mac will give you more coverage and matte look. Colorstay for being half the price of MAC is a pretty decent foundation. I get medium coverage and Im lucky enough to match my color. So for everyday wear its a great product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I tried this foundation last week but returned it to walgreens. First off i bought the wrong color. But the reason i didnt exchange it for a different color is it felt very heavy on my skin. I used very little of the foundation and not only did it feel heavy but i thought it looked rather cakey and awful as well. Worst i think was trying to take it off. It felt like the makeup was glued to my face eventually i got it off but my skin didnt feel nice at all afterwards. Wanted this to like this but it just wasnt working up for me.

Love love this foundation! It is probably the best I've tried. It lasts all day with or without a primer and I never have to worry about touch ups. I'm NC20 in Mac and I use Buff in the winter and Sand beige in the summer. I prefer tm but since I have yet to find an HG one this will work, plus mix a little lotion with the foundation and it's basically the sane thing!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This has been my first time in truly using a foundation. most of the time I just prefer not to but I'm finding myself reaching for it EVERYDAY!!!! that's how much I love it. The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging! luckily I bought an airless bottle on eBay to make it all better! I wish revlon would just add a bloddy pump!!!! anyway it provides me great coverage and is cheap! match made in heaven! :)