July 25, 2014 | 1026 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by A7XSYNdrome

This foundation is great! Usually liquid foundation feels tacky after you apply it but this stuff has an almost powdery finish, which I love. I use the shade Nude and it matches my skin nearly perfect. I haven't found a better foundation since I discovered this one.
    -It's about $10 which is a little much for a minimum wage ice cream shop girl, but it's worth it.
    -It's definitely best applied with a brush. It does cake on the brush, so I recommend washing your foundation brush every other day.
    -It dries relatively fast so it's best to do your face in sections.
    -Looks flawless with a powder finish.
    All and all, I love this foundation and I will absolutely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Lemonz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to say I really like this foundation.
    I'm really pale but with yellow undertones, and most drugstore foundations don't have a shade that fits me. Most "fair" colors are pink shaded. Thankfully, Revlon had a pale yellow toned color that fits my skin tone PERFECTLY. 150 buff. So that's a plus in my book.

It covers up pretty well, and I noticed my skin wasn't as dry after using it. I got it in normal/dry skin because i get very bad dry skin in the winter even though i have oily skin. And when I took it off these past days, my skin has been a lot softer and not as flaky. It also lasted a long time. I wore it for 13 hours today and it still looked pretty good. A few touch ups here and there and a little powder and I was perfect. But I only needed a little on my under eye circles and one pimple I had. A lot better than other foundations I've tried where it fades in like 4 hours.

The foundation isn't really that thick. Yes, it's thick if you apply a whole bunch. But if you use it sparingly (since it's pretty good coverage you don't need a lot) it's not heavy, at least not for me. I use my fingers when applying it, so maybe using a brush make it feel thicker since it's not warmed up.

I'd say this foundation is more of a medium coverage. Almost full, but not quite there. Never the less, it's still a great drugstore foundation.

That being said.. it's $13! That's quite a lot for drugstore, and for just 1 oz of product in my opinion. Yes, it's nowhere near $50 or $40 like some high end foundations, but it's still alot when you can get other drugstore foundation for less than $10. And in my area, revlon doesn't go on sale much, and if it does, it's only eye products.

But what I really DON'T like about this foundation is the bottle. Why oh why would revlon make a pour bottle? WHY? It's so easy to waste product that way, and it gets messy, and it's just ugg! At least make a squirt tube or pump, revlon. No one likes pour bottles, they're just annoying as heck!

But other than that, I really do love this foundation, and if it doesn't break me out, I'll buy it over and over again since it's pretty much the only foundation that has good coverage and matches my skin tone!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by AliceInSexyland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is horrible.
    First of all and I am dead seroius.
    When I first applied this, within an hour, I could see little bumps forming on my skin, I was breaking out! and I was so shocked b.c I never broke out that fast! O_O
    So, and this was my first time applying it, so don't think I didn't remove this properly or anything.
    So then I removed it with some oil and it came off...
    but this breaks me out horribly.

Also, I put on a very thin layer, and it made me look so fake!
    Like I had a thick mask on, like I was plastic..just so very unnatural.. I did not like that at all..
    Horrible horrible product. Clogs up pores big time!
    The colorstay active however is very good! Which I was surprised..

But this one...
    I will not repurchase again, it's over $20 and not worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by JuliFran

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Ok so I used this and it is so good with coverage. It's blendable and feels nice on my skin. It is affordable and I'd say if it's a little more expensive than you'd like your foundation to be than honestly don't turn to something else because there's a lot of cheaper drugstore foundations but the price isn't a whole lot different but the product is! This is really worth the extra $3 or what not. The only thing is if you have sensitive or acne prone skin like I have (my skin has breakouts) then SERIOUSLY wash your face!! Ok, cuz a couple times I got lazy and didn't wash my face at night (..I know) but in the morning I regretted it. Because if you don't use this stuff carefully then yes it will break you out and if you don't moisturize your skin then YES of course it will cake up on the dry parts but that's kind of expected with liquid foundation and really any foundation. So don't use this if your LAZY because I promise you this stuff can't be on your face all day and night you will get pimples. Just be careful because it really does stay on your face and it may clog your pores if you leave it on too long while it mixes with your face's oil and what not. And I'd say make sure to get a decent makeup remover. But definetly give it a shot. I use a stippling brush and it works great

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by xdainty

I have slightly oily skin, so I was hoping for a foundation that had beautiful coverage & didn't look cakey. First off - the packaging. It has no pump & you have to pour the foundation out which can be a huge pain. But if you close the bottle & shake it, foundation gets in the lid & you can put your brush in to get it out, so that wasn't TOO much of a problem for me. I like this foundation, but I have slightly oily skin & after an hour or two it wears away & begins to look cakey.. this might be my own fault though because I don't use powder over it. The coverage is okay, I heard it's full coverage so I ran to the store to get it. I tried applying it with a brush & didn't like it too much so I used my fingers.. a little bit better, but for me the coverage was pretty sheer. Again, it might be because I have oily skin or maybe I just purchased a bad bottle! :P I don't have terrible skin, I only wanted to cover a blemish here, a scar there & of course dark circles. It barely covered my dark circles [which are barely there?] & it caked a bit if I used concealer. I wouldn't say it's buildable, because when I applied a thin layer, let it dry & applied another layer - my little sister kept telling me how cakey my faced looked. This foundation ALSO dries EXTREMELY fast which doesn't give you any time to blend, so I would recommend working in small areas at a time.
    & I noticed it makes big pores VERY visible & makes them stand out quite a bit. Almost all other reviews I've read about this are positive & people seem to really like this product - so it must be my skin or a bad bottle! x

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

I can't believe I don't have any complaints about this product. I never thought I'd find a foundation that would make me happy, but this one seems to have stood out somehow. For reference, I'm NC25 in Mac and I have this in "Buff" (Dry Skin formula), which is a perfect color match for me. Couldn't be any more successful. Which was very surprising, since it's a drugstore foundation and generally you have to be somewhat cautious with those shades - being a drugstore product though, it's so much more afforable than higher end foundations, while still delivering comparable results. On to its performace, no complaints about that either. I didn't find it to be full coverage like most people claim it is, for me it was rather medium but quite buildable. Wore it for 10 hours straight yesterday, where I hugged, kissed, ate, drank, wiped my face, and it hadn't budged or transferred by the time I got home at night; so it is indeed long-wearing. Also I hear it sets matte, which I didn't quite agree with at first, since you could still see my skin's natural sheen coming through, but later on I realized this was probably due to my moisturizer that hadn't been thoroughly absorbed - not that I minded that slightly dewier look. After a couple hours though the finish of my skin was considerably more matte, but without caking up at all, so good going! This does everything it's promised: Lasts long, stays matte, doesn't fade, doesn't transfer, doesn't cake up, doesn't dry up the skin, maintains its coverage all day. Never tried Mac Studio Fix fluid, but I don't think I'll get around to it any time soon with this in my possession. 4 lippies instead of 5 because depending on how you apply it, it can often look like "makeup", but that's a minor flaw. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 3:41:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

2nd HG (if thats possible!) after MAC studio fix.
    Pros: Full coverage, think I have my perfect colour match.
    Doesn't smell bad like MAC.

Cons: Doesn't dry as quickly as studio fix.
    Feel like it is a bit patchy and doesn't quite last as long as I would like.

Not cheap $NZ45 but I try and buy it when Revlon does GWP.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by garagesale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As far as drug store foundations go, ColorStay is the highest quality. Besides the heavy perfume, this foundation is just as good and offers as much coverage as MAC Studio Fix Fluid.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by RawrRawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really like how long this foundation lasts on the face execpt when it comes to the end of the day and I just want to take all my makeup off. This stuff stuck to my face like glue! When I wear this I have to wash my face with my face wash, then exfoliate, then face wash again, and after all of that there is still resedue of the foundation on my face! Non-the less I would reccomend this foundation. I find it med-full coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by RicheleBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

great for oily skin but not great for overly oily skin like mine. provides full coverage which is a bit too much for me. it looks better on women like my mom who finds it as a dupe for estee lauders (the name is on the tip of my tongue!) liquid foundation. just a bit too much coverage for me. sort of hard to find colors. my mom uses 340 which is the early tan & I have 320 true beige. the 320 is too tan for me but then 330 is a bit light & 340 is perfect. so not too consistent.