December 22, 2014 | 1754 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

REFORMULATED. Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=153868/ColorStay-Makeup-%2824-hour-formula---2012/2013%29/Revlon/Liquid

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by imaddicted2makeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My HG foundation. I looked for YEARS to find a foundation that I could use and not have to look in the mirror every chance I got to see if it still looks good. Once this is dry its there until you take it off. It makes my skin look flawless. WAY TO GO! No wonder why this has been out so long. I wish I would have discovered this DS gem a long time ago!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 3:06:00 PM More reviews by MaeghanMakeupp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have tried soo many foundations and I think I've finally found my HG. I like this foundation because it doesn't get greasy and oily by the end of the day and it's the only foundation I've found that does that. It was also pretty easy to find my correct shade. I also like that so far it hasn't made me break out, I've been using it for about 2-3 weeks now. I'll update if there are any changes. Overall, I'll probably stick with this foundation for awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Tiffieotheory14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color I bought is a little bit darker than my skin tone, but after blending it, it looked just fine. I love the lasting power on this foundation. The consistence is really watery and dries really quickly which is fine since I only apply foundation on my cheeks and chin. It keeps my oily areas at bay. The smell is strong but I'm used to it. I love it as much as my maybelline 24hr foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 4:38:00 AM More reviews by StakeEdward

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Using primer & powder, this stays on for about 8 hours before I have to reapply powder. As someone who has oily skin, that's pretty fantastic. It is NOT hard to apply if you use a good, damp sponge. Crappy sponges won't work, and brushes might not work as well either because you have to apply this foundation quickly before it dries. I have no problem with applying it quickly, though. I tend to only take ~2 min. to apply foundation, even though my skin is blemished and I have dark undereye circles. I always get compliments on my makeup, too. Anyway, I hope Revlon never stops making this because I have never had such a good experience with a foundation. The only problem is its poor packaging. As others have said, it needs a pump or a squeeze tube or something that won't cause a bunch of foundation to pour out at once.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by curlgurl_19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the poor man's Mac foundation. It works just as well, however. Use it with a stipling brush for amazing results. Great coverage. Lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Queenofskate

I truly adore this product! I use it as a concealer for everday and set it with maybelline matte powder.

I like how it covers up all my acne scars and controls my oils! The only thing I detest is the packaging...
come up with a pump please!

I have this is sand beige, and I have SUPER sensitive skin, and it doesn't break me out! I even took naps after school with it on, and no breakouts!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 7:55:00 AM More reviews by KylieRoseR

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation because it gives a full coverage and lasts a long time.

Pros:
Gives you a flawless face
Maximum Coverage
Doesn't look cakey
Lasts all day
Doubles as a concealer
Available in drugstores
Great for combo/oily skin
Didn't break me out (everyone's skin is different)

Cons:
Doesn't have a pump
A bit hard to blend
Pricey for the drugstore
Not good for dry skin
The smell could put a few people off

Overall i definitely reccomend this foundation for girls that want that flawless face and the lasting coverage without looking fake.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by GirlsandMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation because it last the whole day looking flawless and fresh. Many girls have been complaining about breaking out because of this foundation, I had the same problem but I soon realized that it was because I was cleaning my face like when I wear my other regular foundations. Ladies, this foundation is hard to take it off (no wonder the name is colorstay lol) so you have to make sure to wash it at least twice and then apply your moisturizer to hydrated again. I have nothing bad to say about this foundation other than i love it so much that i wont be buying any other foundation but that one.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2010 5:06:00 AM More reviews by sugarbloom

Bought this cause I read all the great reviews and all these people raving about it on youtube, and for the price I didn't see the harm in giving it a try. Since it is a drugstore foundation it will take some patience to find the right shade (which I didn't, bought a shade to dark) but despite having the wrong shade I wouldn't repurchase anyways because I didn't like the fact it doesn't have a pump. It was hard to buff out or stipple out, used the mac 187, sephora airbrush, beauty blender, and none of these gave me a even coverage. and no this doesn't happen with my MUFE HD foundation. But the worst part was that it broke me out, and that's the biggest no-no for me in terms of a good foundation or any product that will be sitting on my face for 6 hrs a day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by snappalicious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finding a good foundation is really difficult for me and my favourite is MAC's Studio Fix but after the summer the NW20 is even too dark for me. I swear Revlon's formula is the exact same as MAC's with a better colour range and price. I use the oily/combination version which actually does a better coverage job and stays on longer than my Studio Fix. I have used every foundation imaginable from Lancome, Clinique to Chanel and this is one of the most true-to-skin look you can get at a great price. My only problem would be with the packaging (goes for MAC as well) is that I waste so much since I have to pour it out. (Plus it can get messy!)

OVERALL - For someone who takes their foundation very seriously , I seriously LOVE this product .