January 30, 2015 | 1711 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

REFORMULATED. Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=153868/ColorStay-Makeup-%2824-hour-formula---2012/2013%29/Revlon/Liquid

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 8:13:00 AM More reviews by sheLoVic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

tis is my very first foundation..and i don't know how but i was searching for other foundation...but i ended up buy this again...

+ medium-full coverage
+ ivory match my skin tone
+ not so pricey
+ give great staying power and oil control
+ gives very nice looking skin
+ matte!
+ save for acne prone *as long as you don't wear it everyday,but better than other foundation that i've tried*
- if i wear it everyday,it gives me some acne
- very strong alcohol smell
- sometimes they looks so cakey on my nose
- hate the big mouth bottle

i found the best way to aply it is with finger..i tried with brush that i love for other foundation..but it just make my nose so cakey...i wil tried to aply it with damp sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by CholulaCanHula

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE this foundation! It's better than the $40 foundations I've bought recently. It gives you a matte coverage that lasts for almost 24 hours -- really. Being a college student, I'll go out on the weekends, wear this foundation, wake up the next morning with my makeup still on, and it looks just as dewy and beautiful as it did the night before without breaking out whatsoever (but that could just be the fact that I have relatively clear skin in the first place.) It seems that the longer you wear it for, the more natural it looks on your skin. I would suggest applying it with your fingers instead of a brush; your body heat warms it up and makes it much more malleable and easier to apply, as opposed to a brush or a sponge.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by ValRam

I posted this review about a wk ago & I gave it a 3..now I'm ranking it up to a 4 for my first wk..ppl actually noticed my face looked nice & flawless & I thought I needed a darker shade the one I got I actually perfect! It dosent have a strong scent & it isn't heavy it actually stays fresh thru out the day which I love I feel my skin refreshed. I will def. Buy again it hasn't broken me out which I was afraid of. I hope my review helps!!

(((After having my favorite foundation (maybelline pure makeup) discountinued & weeks of searching & reviewing for the next best thing for me. I finally thought I'd try this one out. The reviews were very helpful. Today was the first time I tried it I work up to 8 hrs & it definetly stayed put. My face felt fresh & flawless. I breakout during pms & it went over bumps perfectly. No need for powder after applying. This product needs a pump or squeeze bottle! I gave it a 3 since it's my first day trying. I will def. write bak when I find something I dislike. I'm a 250 fresh beige (normal to dry) may need the nxt color darker but this is perfect for now!! It also covers pores which I need it to do my pores on my nose r huge! I washedy face & I feel it a little rough but I'm not sure of that's just me? I'm feelig positive with this foundation :). Stay tune I will repost once i find the flaws it's too good to be true!)))

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2010 2:37:00 PM More reviews by cbooth9936

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was super excited to buy this foundation because i heard and read so many good things about it. but when i bought it i noticed it kinda smelled weird, like paint. But i just ignored it and bought it anyways. After i put it on it broke me out like crazy! I have sensitive skin but usually if a product breaks me out it goes away within like 3 days but this kept getting worse and worse. And i dunno if the lady didn't match my skin tone correctly but my forehead looked orange! Also i got the combo/ oily skin and it made me look like a big grease ball.

as much as i wanted to love it i couldn't and had to stop wearing, so i recommend if you have any type of sensitive skin don't buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by mchllbnll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

Edit- Returned this p.o.s and got my money back. Tried several methods of applying and I realized, that I don't even need such a heavy foundation. Even a little made me look like I smashed my face into a bowl of cake batter. Just kidding, but you get my point. Oh well. Not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Miltsu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This absolutely my favorite foundation. It works so good on my oily skin and keeps it matte whole day! Revlon has also a very good variety of colours so i found easily the matching colour for my skin. I love this <3

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Mathildexo

This foundation breaks me out. I so wish that it wouldn't because I love everything else about it but it does. In the beginning I was looking for other things that might be the cause of my break outs but it's really this foundation. The coverage is great, applies well, doesn't look cakey. Only downfall is that it doesn't have a pump but that not a big issue for me.
On to the next!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by alezcia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation really control the oiliness with excellent and my make-up stays all day. I got the Nude and the color is a bit dark for my skin tone. I use a damp sponge to blend it and the coverage is great too..How I wish they have a lighter shade for fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by imaddicted2makeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My HG foundation. I looked for YEARS to find a foundation that I could use and not have to look in the mirror every chance I got to see if it still looks good. Once this is dry its there until you take it off. It makes my skin look flawless. WAY TO GO! No wonder why this has been out so long. I wish I would have discovered this DS gem a long time ago!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 3:06:00 PM More reviews by MaeghanMakeupp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have tried soo many foundations and I think I've finally found my HG. I like this foundation because it doesn't get greasy and oily by the end of the day and it's the only foundation I've found that does that. It was also pretty easy to find my correct shade. I also like that so far it hasn't made me break out, I've been using it for about 2-3 weeks now. I'll update if there are any changes. Overall, I'll probably stick with this foundation for awhile.