Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 11/28/2010 9:10:00 AM

To me, this product is not as thick as people saying.. I love the smell of it, the good colour range, the great dewy feeling in my skin, I love everything exept the price.. but I guess that's okay because the product itself is amazing! I got it in 150 for normal/dry skin.

on 11/28/2010 2:11:00 AM

Ah, the product everybody seems to love haha. I have this in the Oily/ Combination skin formula in 200 Nude. Its okay, nothing special and definentley not my favourite. I think I like it for night time when you can get away with heavier makeup. It gives a nice full coverage. But sometime it breaks me out a little. and let me just say this stuff STINKS...seriosuly its like wall paint or something. If you have a sensitive sense of smell this would probably be unbearable for you. It also feels kinda heavy on your skin.

on 11/28/2010 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

The first time I dabbled with this foundation was probably in 8th grade, and I remember how my friend said my face looked like a porcelain doll. I don't know if I would consider that as a compliment now, but I felt pretty good about it at the time. This will give you a flawless finish, but the color selection leaves something to be desired. All these years and I still haven't found the perfect match. I must have purchased 5 or 6 bottles already, trying to mix and match. No matter what color match I come up with, it always looks rather off in the sunlight. The porcelain-like finish keeps me from wearing it in the daytime. Unless it's applied sheer with a wet sponge, it's far too heavy on my skin. I used to use this at night when I go out, because I tend to become rather red when I consume alcohol, and this definitely helps me maintain an even skin tone. Probably because it covers my natural skin tone. You know how some foundations still let your skin show through? This is not one of those. This will erase your natural skin tone and replace it with Revlon's own.
Unless I discover a concoction that will match my natural skin tone, the rating won't change. I will probably be inspired to try a couple more times though.

on 11/28/2010 12:31:00 AM

Great coverage, stays on for ages on my oily skin ( my other foundations used to melt off my face after a couple of hours),it doesnt make me break out and ive never had to touch up while wearing it.I was looking for something that would stay put and this was reccomended by a friend,and ive been using it ever since!. Since the coverage is really good i dont wear alot a little goes a long way for me. I paid $44 nz dollars for it, my previous budget for foundation is about $25-$30 so its a bit pricey, but i overlook this because of the coverage i get. The only bad thing i would say about it is i can feel when im wearing it, its not very heavy but it does sort of feel like a facemask to me.

on 11/27/2010 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

this foundation is great, i have oily skin (i don't have acne just blemishes) it covers my dark spots pretty well. i can even built it up and use it as concealer to cover my dark circles and blemishes.

the only reason i gave it a 4 is because of the packaging, no pump! i wasted like a huge amount of foundation because the product keeps on spilling out and every time i open it a lot of the foundation is already on the cap and i have to scoop it out in order to use it but i ended using up a lot!

this is not my HG foundation. i am currently looking for a better foundation but this is great. i would definitely repurchase it because its cheaper and it works well.

on 11/27/2010 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was sooo excited to buy this product! I mean super excited! The reviews on here were so positive I thought it would be amazing! Well when I got home and finally used it, I ended up HATING it. I could understand once and I tried it a couple more times but still just hated it! I used a wet sponge which everyone seemed to say to use and was quite frustrated that it wasn't looking good. Then a couple a days ago (about 2 mounths after original purchase) I decide to give it another try on a wimp. I forgot to put on my Victoria Secrets Primer which I ALWAYS use and I put on this foundation with a damp sponge and it actually looked reallllly good! So I came to the conclusion to NOT USE A PRIMER UNDERNEATH THIS MAKEUP! JUST MOISTERIZE! Now I am so happy with this foundtaion and with continie to use and repurchase! This color is like exact to my skintone! The Revlon Colorstay Finishing Powder is also amazing! So used together my skin looks amazing!!!!!!!

on 11/26/2010 11:55:00 PM

This is a good foundation, but not the best for my skin. I loved it at first, but around my chin and especially on my cheeks it cakes up and accentuates my dry spots. whether used alone, over moisturizer, with moisturizer (while still having put moisturizer under it) it would still cake up on me. i have the normal/dry skin formula, but it still doesn't seem to work well with my skin. The packaging could be better, perhaps a pump and something to show how much product is left?

on 11/26/2010 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

tis is my very first foundation..and i don't know how but i was searching for other foundation...but i ended up buy this again...

+ medium-full coverage
+ ivory match my skin tone
+ not so pricey
+ give great staying power and oil control
+ gives very nice looking skin
+ matte!
+ save for acne prone *as long as you don't wear it everyday,but better than other foundation that i've tried*
- if i wear it everyday,it gives me some acne
- very strong alcohol smell
- sometimes they looks so cakey on my nose
- hate the big mouth bottle

i found the best way to aply it is with finger..i tried with brush that i love for other foundation..but it just make my nose so cakey...i wil tried to aply it with damp sponge

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I LOVE this foundation! It's better than the $40 foundations I've bought recently. It gives you a matte coverage that lasts for almost 24 hours -- really. Being a college student, I'll go out on the weekends, wear this foundation, wake up the next morning with my makeup still on, and it looks just as dewy and beautiful as it did the night before without breaking out whatsoever (but that could just be the fact that I have relatively clear skin in the first place.) It seems that the longer you wear it for, the more natural it looks on your skin. I would suggest applying it with your fingers instead of a brush; your body heat warms it up and makes it much more malleable and easier to apply, as opposed to a brush or a sponge.

on 11/24/2010 1:55:00 AM

I posted this review about a wk ago & I gave it a 3..now I'm ranking it up to a 4 for my first wk..ppl actually noticed my face looked nice & flawless & I thought I needed a darker shade the one I got I actually perfect! It dosent have a strong scent & it isn't heavy it actually stays fresh thru out the day which I love I feel my skin refreshed. I will def. Buy again it hasn't broken me out which I was afraid of. I hope my review helps!!

(((After having my favorite foundation (maybelline pure makeup) discountinued & weeks of searching & reviewing for the next best thing for me. I finally thought I'd try this one out. The reviews were very helpful. Today was the first time I tried it I work up to 8 hrs & it definetly stayed put. My face felt fresh & flawless. I breakout during pms & it went over bumps perfectly. No need for powder after applying. This product needs a pump or squeeze bottle! I gave it a 3 since it's my first day trying. I will def. write bak when I find something I dislike. I'm a 250 fresh beige (normal to dry) may need the nxt color darker but this is perfect for now!! It also covers pores which I need it to do my pores on my nose r huge! I washedy face & I feel it a little rough but I'm not sure of that's just me? I'm feelig positive with this foundation :). Stay tune I will repost once i find the flaws it's too good to be true!)))