Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 12/4/2010 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I tried this foundation last week but returned it to walgreens. First off i bought the wrong color. But the reason i didnt exchange it for a different color is it felt very heavy on my skin. I used very little of the foundation and not only did it feel heavy but i thought it looked rather cakey and awful as well. Worst i think was trying to take it off. It felt like the makeup was glued to my face eventually i got it off but my skin didnt feel nice at all afterwards. Wanted this to like this but it just wasnt working up for me.

on 12/3/2010 6:08:00 PM

Love love this foundation! It is probably the best I've tried. It lasts all day with or without a primer and I never have to worry about touch ups. I'm NC20 in Mac and I use Buff in the winter and Sand beige in the summer. I prefer tm but since I have yet to find an HG one this will work, plus mix a little lotion with the foundation and it's basically the sane thing!

on 12/3/2010 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This has been my first time in truly using a foundation. most of the time I just prefer not to but I'm finding myself reaching for it EVERYDAY!!!! that's how much I love it. The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging! luckily I bought an airless bottle on eBay to make it all better! I wish revlon would just add a bloddy pump!!!! anyway it provides me great coverage and is cheap! match made in heaven! :)

on 12/1/2010 11:50:00 PM

At first I loved this foundation. It offered wonderful coverage, looked natural, stayed put all day, kept my oily skin matte. As I continued to use this product, I began to break out. But not just break out. I got cystic nodule pimples. The deep, painful ones that never come to a head and you have to see an esthetician to remove them. I thought maybe it was something else, like hormones or just oil on my face. No. It was definitely this foundation. Since I discontinued using it, I haven't gotten any more cystic acne. I do still have two on my face that won't go away. I'll need to see an esthetician for it. I'm really bummed about this product because I loved it so much. It offered everything I was looking for in a foundation, except more acne. :( I still would like to find something comparable to this but that is non-comedogenic, because this product is not. Otherwise it would say it on the bottle. Wish I didn't have these painful cysts but they are fading with time. I would not recommend this product to anyone, unfortunately. :(

I've used many different liquid foundations and this is one of my favorites !!! This foundation gives great coverage and looks smooth. I have to have a full coverage base to cover my freckles and uneven skin tone. This makeup does the trick. I get lots of compliments from people telling me how smooth my skin looks. I recommend this if you want a full coverage, long lasting, affordable foundation : )

on 12/1/2010 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I believe if you wear makeup, this should be a regular in your collection, except those who are allergic to it. I love and hate this stuff, but I always find a way to work with it. I just purchased a new bottle in Buff for normal to oily skin. It's Colorstay without the softflex in it. It didn't say Softflex on the bottle anyway. I purchased it from Walmart and non of the bottles said Softflex on them. Anyway, it can be drying, especially if the temps are cooler. A very nice swapper sent me her PhotoReady in Vanilla as an extra (thanks so much). Alone, I didn't like it, too much shimmer, but mixed with my Color Stay...wow, it's really pretty. Not to much shimmer and the Photo Ready takes that overly dry feeling away. I've mixed Color Stay with other foundations before, but mixed with the Photo Ready, it's perfect :)

on 12/1/2010 9:57:00 AM

I usually use the CoverGirl foundation, but I wanted to try something different. This was $22 and I am a 001 Ivory. At first I was like "Dear God, what have I bought?" The SPF instantly washes you out but within a minute or so you skin absorbs it and you don't look as white (in my case I always look like a snowflake lmao) I like the packaging, and I like the way it feels, but I don't feel like it's anything special. The price wasn't too outrageous, it just failed to impress me. There are micro sparkles in there that I actually didn't notice until a few days later when I was looking at my brush and was like where did this come from?? Wont repurchase going to try mac studio fix next!

on 11/30/2010 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I really love how flawless this makes my face look! It's medium to full coverage depending on how you apply it (I find that using a damp sponge gives me less coverage as oppose to using a stippling brush). At first, I was impressed with just about everything: the color selection, the coverage, the cost, etc, but after using it off and on for about 4 months I've noticed that the color seems darker after awhile and it breaks me out :(. I mean my whole face doesn't start to break out but I'll get a few pimples, mostly on my cheeks and not to mention it starts to itch after about 3 hours or so, but I do have acne-proned since that is also sensitive. What a bummer, *sigh* I guess it's back to the drawing board for me.

on 11/30/2010 11:34:00 PM

Okay, for the LONGEST time I've been on the hunt for a great foundation. I couldn't tell you how much money and embarrassment I've gone thru from buying/wearing the wrong foundation. I can officially say that thanks to ColorStay I no longer have to worry about my face and the rest of my skin not matching! I've had a hard time finding a foundation without some sort of yellow undertone that also has great coverage. Thanks to the review from Makeup Geek (Marlena), I am now hooked! I've gotten so many compliments on my complexion because of this product. People will come up to me and say how lucky I am to have such a smooth complexion. If they only knew! I have redness, blotches, dark circles, you name it! ColorStay truly does wonders for me! The consistency is not too runny and not thick either - just apply with a sponge or stippling brush and watch your skin transform. (fyi - try using it in combo with a primer for an even better result!)

on 11/30/2010 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product. In terms of d/s liquid foundation I found that this one is the best. It has many shades to suit many skin tones, it is quite affordable for the amount of time it lasts. It's very blend-able, long lasting, has full coverage...The only downside is that it doesn't have a pump, which would make it 10x easier to use if it did.

I would buy again because it's familiar and amazing, but at the same time I wouldn't buy again because I would like to try other foundations out there.