July 31, 2014 | 1669 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2006 10:45:00 AM More reviews by frezgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

excellent. Absolutely excellent. The coverage is fantastic, it makes your skin look flawless and hides redness completely. all you need is a bit and your covered. Plus there's SPF 15 and it doesn't cause breakouts. PLUS it does last all day and does help with shine. I do set it with a bit of Blot Powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2006 8:32:00 PM More reviews by verorl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been wearing Studio Fix Fluid for about a week now, and I'm loving it! I used to wear MAC's Studio Finish Matte foundation, which was discontinued, and Studio Fix Fluid is a nice, if not better substitute.About my skin: I have very oily, acne prone, sensitive skin. I would be shiny about an hour after doing my makeup, and lots of things break me out, but Studio Fix never did, that is why I decided to try the Fluid. I'm currently taking Accutane, and my skin has dried out, but I have noticed lots of foundations go weird on me now, including several MAC and even Bobbi Brown. Not Studio Fix Fluid! It goes on smooth, is easy enough to blend, but you do have to work quickly. I have also noticed that it covers pretty well, while still looking natural, and has great staying power... I am very curious to see how it will be on me when I'm off the Accutane, and the oiliness returns.Color: The color range in these foundations is YELLOW! I am normally an NC20 in all MAC skin tone products, and I needed NW15 on this foundation. You cannot buy this whithout testing it and being color matched!Bottom line is that I'm really loving Studio Fix Fluid. It has stayed and performed well in hot 100+ degree weather, while sweating, over different sunblocks, and with and without primers underneath. MAC has a winner here, and I'll definetly repurchase! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2006 1:29:00 AM More reviews by jackie0h

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best liquid foundation I have tried. I mainly use mineral foundation but I do like to wear liquid once in a while. This provides great coverage and it lasts. I was shocked the first time I wore it when I got home and looked in the mirror and saw that my skin still looked great! I don't think this looks obvious on me at all. On another note I'm glad I finally went to a MAC counter because as it turns out I was wearing the wrong shade of foundation all along.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2006 1:34:00 AM More reviews by missgray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NW47 is an exact match for my skintone. SFF has buildable coverage and even hides my dark spots without me needing to add concealer! The finish is natural. I rotate between this, Select Tint, and Hyper Real. I use SFF when I want a little bit more coverage without looking obviously made up.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2006 10:56:00 PM More reviews by kissmytiarabitch

I really wanted this product to work. I tried it for a month and it just gave me bad breakouts. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2006 3:44:00 AM More reviews by muurrrz

I currently am using their Select Tint and love it. However, I sometimes want that extra coverage. I got a sample and tried it today. It has great coverage, but it's too drying for my combination skin. It controlled my oil production really great. After 5 hours, my skin was still matte. I'll stick to my Select tint because I don't like a too matte finish. It'll be great for a more humid and oiler day in the summer. The bottle design is poorly made. It should come with the pump or make the pump cheaper.

Edit: 1.13.2008
I now apply this foundation with a wet sponge and it provides the sheer, even coverage I want! TM always end up fading on me half way through the day, but not this baby. I don't even need concealer after using this. No breakouts!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2006 12:11:00 AM More reviews by BohemianMartini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to hear that MAC came out with a liquid studio fix. I rushed out and tried it. Because of the mixed reviews I got a generous sample of it and the strobe cream they're pushing with it. I found it to be too mask like. In the store lighting it looks great. At home it looked awful - I was ashy and flaky. My chin looked so yucky. And it made my cheeks itch. Definetly get a sample before committing to the full bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2006 9:38:00 PM More reviews by meifa

About me: NC30, Asian, yellow-toned tan skin. Fairly normal skin with minor breakouts now and again. In the past I've used Stila and Fresh, to name a few.

Generally: I've been using this foundation for a few weeks now, wearing it at least 5-6 days a week, including every single eight-hour work day. I love it. It goes on smoothly (I use a combination of the 190 brush and my fingers) and looks flawless.

Coverage: I've not found this foundation to be "over-concealing" or "mask-like." I think the key to loving this foundation is to have a good color match and a careful hand during application.

Wear and Tear: This foundation looks great all day! I live in South Florida; the climate is, obviously, extremely humid and warm. But, this foundation really has staying power. I've not had similar good results with other products.

Bottom Line: I'm tempted to call this my HG foundation, but I'll need to spend a bit more time with it before I do so. My only (minor) complaint is that the foundation doesn't come with a pump. You can buy one from MAC and I do recommend it. I need to get ahold of one myself, soon.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2006 5:14:00 PM More reviews by curlyqmishee

It gives decent coverage and just melts into my skin. Over the course of the day it dried up a little and I could see little lines on my face where it settled into, but they might have been places I didn't blend enough. It feels light and not cakey. I had the studio stick but I'm going to return it and keep using this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2006 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Tinkerbella1

Glides on well, too mask looking for me