MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 2/14/2007 7:43:00 AM

I have this in NC15 and I like to apply it with my MAC 187 brush otherwise I find that it can go on a little bit too thick. Once blended, this foundation lasts all day on my oily/combo skin. There does appear to be a slight emulsion paint-like smell that soon disappears. I did try the NC20 shade for when I have a bit more colour in the summer, but it was very very yellow based so I will have to find something else for the warmer months. Overalll this is a great foundation but I would definitely check out the colours at the counter before you buy to get a true match.

on 2/8/2007 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for quite a while now and I got to say, I think I'm done with it. At first I used to use the original powered version of Studio Fix and found it to be too dry and cakey for my skin although the coverage was surprisingly good. (I have oily/combination/blemished skin) So, when I saw that they came out with a liquid version of this, I was extremely exited. I mean good coverage, controls oil, and probably won't be as cakey as the the original version of it, what more could you ask for? But this thing almost highlights any dry spots and doesn't control oil all that well. The coverage is good but I mean this is pretty thick, I would expect full coverage from it. I kept using this for months only because of the coverage, so called oil control because god knows I need it, and fair price but now I'm kind of wondering to myself why I used this for so long. The shade NC-25 is too yellow on my skin, makes me very dull looking, and feels and looks like I'm wearing a mask. I'm now trying out Lancome Teint Idole Ultra and so far I really love it. This gives less coverage than MAC's SF but it gives it a natural looking finish (but actually covers my acne and imperfections) while controlling shine. EDIT: I need to add that this foundation broke me out constantly. This became very obvious to me after using other foundations, when they didn't give me tiny little pimples popping up everywhere. I think this is my last foundation from MAC I'll ever try. Downgrade from 3 to 2 lippies.

on 2/7/2007 9:03:00 PM

I am an NC15, the lightest they have, and its extremely hard to find good foundations in my pale skin color. This may be part of the reason why I like this foundation so much because it seriously is the only foundation that matches perfectly and looks beautiful on my skin. I do agree that the foundation, when left on overnight or perhaps after a sweaty night out on the town, can clog up my pores a little, but all that takes is a little soap and water. Makes me glow, makes me look like a porcelain doll. Love it.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Mac's foundation line has made me breakout badly. Its so oily for my combination acne prone skin although the MA's say its noncomedogenic other MA's ive spoken to also complain that it is very acnegenic.I stay away from Mac skin care and foundations. Although i state my other reviews as an Asian NC25, it is just for reference. this color is too yellow for me, starkly yellow i looked so sallow it was completely unnatural.

It does provide high coverage but with very little benefits. IMHO i think this product is very overrated. sorry to be a sourpuss.

on 1/31/2007 7:26:00 AM

Cute packaging, fantastic coverage and the exact shade for my skintone. I was more than happy using this in NC25, and it was the perfect foundation for me. Until I started breaking out. I've pinned it down to this, using the process of elimination (dun dun dun!) and I'm honestly sad in saying I can't use my Studio Fix Fluid any more. Until I find a replacement, I'm reluctantly going back to my 'backup' L'Oreal foundation. Not the best, but at least it doesn't make me break out.

on 1/28/2007 5:59:00 PM

I bought this because the MA at MAC recommended it because my StuidoFix powder was drying my face out. Some tips to make this work:

You only need a little bit if you smear it all over your face it will look really really bad! Start really small and add more later.

Use a foundation brush. This helps keep the amount small plus the brush helps to melt with the skin.

Moisturize well especially if you have any kind of dry skin and then use a primer (I like MAC's Prep + Prime).

Put it on those areas where you need it then blend with the rest of the skin using the foundation brush. Be sure to blend like crazy!!

This may sound obvious but make sure to get a really good color match. If it doesn't match don't buy it!!

By following these tips my face looks great. I just have to powder my nose and forehead a bit mid day but other than that it looks great. Covers my scars and evens my skintone.

on 1/24/2007 12:26:00 PM

I have been a MAC devotee for a number of years now and had always liked this better than other foundations I've tried. However, recently it's been leaving something to be desired and seems to simply sit on my face, looking cakey and extremely dry instead of doing what it's supposed to like blending in well, setting "into" my skin, and looking dewey. I'm not sure if it's the winter weather striking right now but I have to say, I'm getting disappointed with this product the more time goes by as I use it. In fact, I put it on this morning and within a couple of hours it still looked dry and fake and it made my skin feel oily and dry at the same time so I had to wash it off...

on 1/24/2007 8:03:00 AM

This foundation isn't cheap but its worth every penny!
it provides good coverage that, if you use the right amount, will never look 'cakey', and even with my oily skin i don't really need to use powder after.
It can dry out my skin a bit, so i wouldn't recommend it to anyone with dry skin.
The coverage lasts for ages, and it does look natural. if i'm going out i'll use a bit of powder on top to keep my make up in place, and if i do this i don't need to reapply any make up later in the night.
A little goes a long way with this foundation, i bought a bottle 4 months ago and still have half of it left and i've used it everyday!!
the only problem with this foundation is the packaging, the foundation dries around the screw on top, a pump would be much better!

on 1/23/2007 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Yet again, MAC foundation fails me. I have dry skin, and this stuff just makes me look like some kind of flake monster. It is DEFINITELY not for anyone who has any kind of dry skin. Be warned. I ADORE MAC, but not their foundations. Check out the reviews, ladies and gents, no one should be wearing MAC foundation!

I love using this during the summer months (which are fairly long since I live in Vegas) when I'm slightly tan. However, during the winter months every last shade they make is too dark for my face as I have an extremely fair complexion.