Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 10/12/2008 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

What a pleasant surprise?! I am a mascara junkie from my beloved YSL faux cils, to Lancome, Dior, MAC, Loreal...I think I've tried them all. I thought Full & Soft was decent but this gives the extra wow factor I was looking for...good volume and length not as great as YSL but considering the economy...this is just puuuuuuurfect!!

This product is my new favorite mascara. When I heard about how well this mascara worked, I was a little skeptical because I've also tried lashblast which wasnt a very volumizing product. I decided to try this mascara anyway, and I'm happy I did. It's very volumizing and it doesnt clump unless you coat it too much. A con is that it can give you crusty, spidery lashes if you put too many coats on. But otherwise, It really makes your eyelashes pop and I love it. This mascara is one of the best mascaras I ever had and is worth buying.

on 10/12/2008 1:23:00 AM

AT 1st when I bought it I was so.... Happy w/ da results. I came here 1st b4 buying it.

PRO: it can look like fake eyelashes if u curl it lots, does separate the lashes adequately, formula wipes off w/ water, inexpensive,

CON: flakes after svrl hrs, smells, formula can get into eyes & string substance forms inside eyes (I dn't kno if that makes sense, but that often happens w/ some certain mascara's), separates but clumps at the same time (uneven application).

Overall for the price & everything this mascara is worth buying. Better than Lash Blast.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My lashes are not that long and I have much better luck creating the illusion of volume than length. As long as I curl my lashes, I am fine with them not being super-super long, and what I want is that they look really thick. My HG mascara in life is Voluminous but I am always trying new ones to see how they compare.

So when I first got The Colossal I was actually SUPER into it because it was the first mascara I'd tried that gave me a lot of volume AND increased the look of length on me.

But I've been using it for over a month now and I am somewhat disillusioned by its tendency to clump and really go past the point where you can rescue it at all. DO NOT try to put on more than two coats of this, it will RUIN your eyes. I found out the hard way. I guess it is made for a quick swipe-and-go type of application, and unlike other formulas you can build up (I am thinking of Hypnose and DiorShow in particular), that is the quickest way to wreck this one.

Twice now I have inadvertently gone just that last little bit too far with this and had no choice but to go out with pointy Betty Boop lashes. (I mean, at that point I am not going to try scrubbing my face and starting over when I have done my WHOLE face -- concealer, blush, spot foundation, highlighter, eyeliner, eyeshadow, brow polish -- YIKES!!!)

So I would say this is OK if you are very careful with the brush and just apply the formula sparingly -- well, maybe not "sparingly" exactly, but just do not think you can build this with multiple coats because it does NOT work.

on 10/12/2008 12:04:00 AM

DiorShow is my HG, but as others have said I too am always looking for something comparable, but at a less price. This definitely is not Dior, but for the price is good. No raccoon eyes, held my curl and gave me the volume I was looking for.

on 10/11/2008 1:16:00 AM

I think this does add a little bit of volume but it clumps too too much making my lashes stick together.

on 10/9/2008 1:19:00 PM

I've had great luck w/ this product! So far, it has been the best as far as not leaving flakes or raccoon eyes. Every few applications, I do wipe the brush with a tissue to remove sticky globs (I know. It wastes products. But this is not an expensive mascara anyway & it's worth it!). Love the brush and the shorter handle. I will buy again.

on 10/9/2008 10:49:00 AM

This is a great mascara! I love it! I've used almost every mascara known to man and this is my new favorite. It absolutely does increase the volume and quickly. One or two coats, and you're done! Love it.

I love the packaging for the product, but I can't say that the mascara was particularly amazing. It gave me a considerable amount of volume, but it clumped on me and I had to brush it out to fix my lashes. It has a very strong and rather odd scent and didn't work any better than the other Volum' Expresses before it.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I hate this thing sooo much. The only thing I like about it is the color of the packaging. It uncurls my lashes, makes them look spider-leg-y, and smells horrible. Never going to buy EVER again. Maybelline mascaras never fail to disappoint me.. :(

Popular Mascaras