August 20, 2014 | 2124 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2006 10:34:00 PM More reviews by shuntablue

I would definitely have to agree with the other reviews--this is one of MAC's best creations yet. MAC foundations usually break me out, but not this one. It's oil free, yet long wearing and provides a nice, matte finish. Keep up the good work, MAC! Also, I have never been a fan of MAC foundations until now. Hopefully, this will be a keeper. Wish me luck!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2006 6:39:00 PM More reviews by boomgurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using LM Honey Beige and NARS Barcelona oil free foundation for years and was never really satisfied with the color choices or coverage. I'm an NC25 in SFF and it's a darn good match. The coverage is flawless and applies evenly. I use the #190 brush and can get almost full coverage depending on how I layer it. It makes a great undereye and spot concealer as well. I'm also glad that MAC sells the pump for $3 as too much gets wasted in the cap. I dust with the Blot Powder Loose and at the end of the day, my makeup looks nearly perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2006 5:58:00 PM More reviews by xanakelela

I have worn a few foundations high to low end and almost have given up all together. In a pinch I use the Studio Fix powder with witch hazel to give me that foundation coverage I want, only to break out later, no matter what I do.

Along comes Studio Fix Fluid and I am amazed. The first time I tried it, the MA put it on thick. The second the other MA put it on thicker and the smell, to be honest, bothered me.

Then I tried it myself and the coverage was perfect and the smell gone. I have combo skin and I get dry areas near my nose, mouth and eyes, while everywhere else is oily. This evens it outs and best of all, NO BREAKOUTS! I am very happy.

*edit - I have been meaning to edit this forever! After about 2 weeks of using this, I developed little breakouts. So for short time use, this is good, but long time use, it's a no go.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2006 11:19:00 PM More reviews by sephoraxaddict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product isnt good for my acne prone skin. It did absolutely nothing to cover up blemeshes and did nothing to even out my skin tone. They have some nerve to call this a foundation. It smells funny too kinda like the bubbles you blow outside. it also goes on very watery. The only thing that was good about this product was the packaging. It comes in a big flexible tube. definitely not purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2006 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Caffy

When I first bought this product, the makeup artists gave me NC 20 when im usually NC30. When I went home and tried it out, it was sooo yellow , I had to go back to get a NW25 foundation to mix it. I agree the colours are very off from the other foundations , and you really need to find your true colour, instead of buying what you usually use. I found this foundation very smooth, great coverage, but you definately need to use a foundation brush, or it will look like you spackled this foundation on. A little goes a long way, and it keeps my skin matte, and fresh looking all day. I use it in conjunction with mac blot powder, and I haven't had so many compliments on my skin before. Good Luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2006 9:32:00 AM More reviews by atasteofthingstocome

I have tried ALOT of foundations through the years, but I think I've finally found one I can stick with :) The coverage is REALLY great and flawless. I apply it with a concealer brush from MAC. My skin is really oily, especially after a whole day of work. And this foundation keeps my skin matte for a long time. And it doesnt dry out my skin, like some other products I've tried. I use it together with Mac's blot powder to keep that matte finish the whole day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2006 2:58:00 PM More reviews by wabdon

I am always in the search for my HG foundation! I think this is near perfection! I have combo, acne prone skin, dilated pores, uneven skin tone and a few dark post-acne marks. This is a liquid version of the studio fix powder and fdtn. It gives medium to full coverage and the texture is semi-thick. I was matched with nc30 which was pretty darn perfect and it didn't turn orange on me as the day went on. Just using a pea size drop evened out my skin tone and it covered my undereye circles. My skin looked more even in texture. It didn't cover my acne marks completely but lessened the darkness and if I spot apply in layers on my imperfections, it made my skin near flawless. It looked natural and it didn't feel heavy or mask like. It gives me a nice, semi-matte finish. I was surprised by the end of a 12 hr shift, my face still looked fresh and not as oily as I usally get with other fdtns by the end of the day. It is expensive ($30CDN) but it is so worth it! I'm glad I didn't get the Revlon colorstay Softflex since I founds a perfect match with MAC as usual!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2006 5:38:00 PM More reviews by kmkssm

After several tries with MAC foundations I finally found one that works great. This gives full coverage( I use strobe cream underneath ) without being cakey or dry. This may not work for me in the winter as I am in my 40's with dry skin. Here in the deep south where we are already in the 90's it is perfect. I am using the 190 brush to apply. Good color match for my skin and truly nice coverage. Dust with MAC pressed powder using a powder brush and it is really nice. It took 3 tries to find the right foundation with MAC but the MUA were great no problem with returning a product that was not for me. Generous samples to help me compare foundations. The packaging could be better, a foundation should come with a pump. I am afraid of spilling the bottle. No more pricey than Estee or Lancome and less than chanel. Try a sample you may find its just what you have been looking for. Just for info because of the drier skin on the cheek area I am using Estee blushlights cream to powder which is a fablous blush for any skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2006 4:42:00 PM More reviews by kobemax

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The texture of this foundation is simply lovely. It really gives your skin a nice soft focus. However, the problem is the colours. They DO NOT match up at all with the NC and NW colours of their other foundations. They should have given them their own unique descriptions. I wear NW15 in MAC Select SPF 15, which is a perfect match for my skin tone. I like this foundation a lot for that reason, but I would really like more coverage for my blotchy age spotted 47-year old skin. In the Studio Fix Fluid, the NW15 is very yellow and peachy and quite dark (not slightly pink like the NW15 in Select SPF 15). NC15 is even more yellow. They just do not have any colours for lighter skin in this foundation. I found the Laura Mercier Silk Creme, which is a similar silicon formula, also has this same problem of lack of light colours. I wonder if for some reason it is difficult to make good light colours with this type of foundation. I give it 4 as it is a superlative foundation, minus 1 for the colour problems. !!UPATE! I change my mind. Even tho this looks yellow going on, it does seem to blend right into my skin and looks great. Also, if you use MAC Prep & Prime Skin underneath, which seems to have a brightening effect, it goes on even smoother and somehow appears lighter in colour. I will be purchasing a full bottle after using up the generous sample.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2006 11:42:00 AM More reviews by trixiebee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The neverending foundation search continues. Let's see - some background perhaps. I'm fairly pale with combo-oily acne prone rosacea skin. The MAC SA first matched me to NW20, which I knew was going to be too dark. She was matching the redness from my rosacea, not the underlying skin. I used it for a couple of days before I had a chance to return it. I discovered that it applied best over my Clinique Instant Pore Perfector using a brush. It gave pretty good medium coverage that was very buildable over my cheeks and nose. When I received the NW15, I thought I had found my perfect match, but once again, no. Too dark and too peachy. NC15 was too yellow. The coverage is good, it applies and blemds easily, and lasts relatively well throught the day with minimal touch ups. They just need more pale colors.