MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

great coverage. my skin gets red and blotchy and this helps even out tone with excellent, full coverage. one does not even need concealer under it. it is very easy to apply, and one only needs a small amount of product for full, long lasting, coverage. i think it is worth the money. i got it in shade nw20, which i thought would be too dark, but it works out beautifully.

EDIT-- i did switch down at one point to the better, more accurate nw15 fluid, after i noticed a dark mask/line from face to neck... turns out they sold me the wrong one..i am supposed to be nw15...
anyway, i took off a lippie b/c this does tend to oxizide a bit, and have since moved on to Keyvn Aucoin foundation, and stick with KA 98% of the time.

on 1/11/2007 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This was my first MAC foundation. I'm NC42. I eyeballed the color (the staff wasn't painfully helpful) myself & asked to buy it. The salesperson finally came over & announced that she thought it'd be too dark. After a quick swipe with a cotton ball she said that it was a perfect match. HA! It glides on well & gives wonderful medium coverage. I suspect the coverage is buildable, but I only apply enough for a sheer medium finish. The smell is a little odd, but I can deal. I have to buy the pump attachment for this & it'll be perfect perfect perfect! For now I've been applying using my fingertips (yikes) and having no problems. It'd probably be even better w/ a sponge applicator as I didn't have phenomenal results w/ a foundation brush. I'd been using L'Oreal HIP Foundation before & had problems applying blush over the foundation. The blush would darken in various spots on my cheeks. With MAC foundation, my blush applies perfectly. One of the most priciest items of makeup I've ever purchased, but well worth the cost. I'm sold!!

on 1/11/2007 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had a bad experience with this. Who besides MAC calls the pink tones "Warm" and the yellow tones "Cool"?!?!? They said since yellow is more olive, and olive is a cool tone on the color spectrum, it's cool, and pink is closer to the warm colors on the color spectrum. Whatever!!! So here is what happened. After talking to a customer rep online, I got the NC20. After ordering it and trying it on it was too yellow so I had to order the NW20. The NW20 was too dark! Shouldn't the "20" mean they be the same in depth/darkness? Product smells horrible (gasoline anyone?) and coverage was medium at best. I am going back to Laura Mercier Oil Free in Blush Ivory. Also the product price went up from when I ordered the first bottle. LAME-O! Another bad thing is the bottle - - no pump and product gets all over the cap.

on 1/10/2007 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I liked the coverage that I got with this product, but it caused me to break out, more and more after each use. Also I found the chemical smell of it, to be annoying too.

on 1/10/2007 10:52:00 AM

Love this! I had just about given up on MAC foundations as they all gave me cystic pimples. However, when this came out I had to try it because I loved the Studio Fix until it broke me out. I was pleasantly surprised how natural this looked on me and I found a shade that actually suited my skin really well (NW20). I have been using it for nearly 6 months and repurchased in my winter color (NW15) which was also a perfect match. It has never caused any reactions and makes my skin look flawless without looking cakey. I will definitely repurchase this as I have not found a foundation that I like better....and I have tried a lot.

i use it with NARS Macchu Picchu powder to set and touch up with MAC Mystery Powder in Medium.

I also purchased the foundation pump and swear by this. I think all MAC foundations should come with a pump as it allows you to use just the right amount which makes the foundation last a lot longer and it prevents a mess.

on 1/7/2007 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this foundation in NC20 which turned out to be too dark and orangey on my skin. I exchanged it for NW15, a tad on the yellow side, but a much closer match. I was so impressed with this foundation that I purchased a second bottle when I finished my first. It has a slip to it that makes it wonderful to apply. It doesn't streak or smear. I have applied it with both a foundation brush and a non-latex sponge and I get the same result: a nice coverage with a soft matte finish. My trick is I apply MAC Studio Finish concealer in NW20 over scars and spots BEFORE I apply the foundation. The end result is the nearest to flawless of any other foundation/concealer combo I have ever tried, and I must say I have tried ALOT. I removed one lippie because this foundation has a tendency to dry my skin out a little bit. In my opinion, that is a small price to pay. I just use a good moisturizer.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

My new HG foundation! I changed from a dewy foundation as my skin gets too oily in the summer, and this was perfect! It is matte, but not deathly matte. My skin looks flawless with it on, it has excellent coverage. The staying power is incredible! And it doesn't rub off onto my clothes either!

I have bad skin, and it hasn't gotten better or worse after using Studio Fix, to those that have broken out, I suggest using a good make-up remover followed by a toner as this stuff really has staying power! Also use moisturiser and maybe a primer before using it because it can show up dry skin without these.

Only wish it had a better colour range, I have the NC15 but it is too yellow and the NW15 is too orange

on 1/6/2007 11:27:00 PM

I really like this foundation. It glides on and gives you plenty of time to blend no matter what you use...brush, fingers, sponge. The coverage is flexible so that you can apply a little and still get nice coverage or go heavier for more coverage still without looking heavy. This product last all day and doesn't change color for me at all. It has a great natural finish.

on 1/6/2007 6:50:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. As the reviewer below mentioned, it makes my skin look airbrushed, especially when I have clear skin. I haven't broken out since using this either which is amazing; I've never had a product do that before! It blends nicely and fits my skin tone perfectly. Hurray!

on 1/5/2007 1:49:00 PM

This foundation LOOKS amazing, covers blemishes and will give your complexion a very smooth appearance...HOWEVER if you have acne prone skin, DONT USE IT!! My face has never broken out so badly from a product. I applied it with my MAC 190 foundation brush. I am very careful about washing my face twice a day and I NEVER sleep in my makeup.