October 31, 2014 | 1348 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2006 8:16:00 PM More reviews by tweetiebird

For reference, I'm asian with NC35/C4 coloring with dark hair and eyes.

I tried this after I realized that it was my SF powder that was breaking me out - I was hoping that I would have the same look with the liquid... I didn't! SF fluid goes on much darker than the powder - I wear an NC30 in the liquid, and it feels nice going on, but gives more of a mask-like appearance during the day. It didn't give me the natural skin look I wanted. Oil control is average - my current HG, Chanel DPC, works much better.
I was disappointed that it didn't work for me. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2006 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Shellgrl

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I dont get why no one likes this, this is the best foundation ive ever used! The coverage is incredible, and this doesnt break me out. It makes my skin really look flawless, it's amazing! I dont use it everyday becuase I have a lot of foundations, but when I do use it I always think I look a little better.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2006 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Dr_Kawaii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This makeup is sub-par. Which is really disappointing seeing as how I paid so much for it. I got it in the perfect shade to match my skintone (NC30), so that wasn't a problem. But it doesn't even out my skin, it's almost too matte. Through the day it begins to feel annoyingly chalky/dirty, giving me the urge to wash my face. After a week or two of using this, I noticed breakouts on my forehead/cheeks, and I NEVER break out. It might work for someone else but not me. I'll stick to Revlon Skinlights diffusing tint. Half the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2006 10:34:00 AM More reviews by littleliverbird

In the past I have tried many MAC foundations including studio fix, studio tech and full coverage. I have hated all of them as they either oxidized on my skin or did not last long before sliding of my face. I was hesitant to try this but I wqas desperate to get a new foundation so I thought I would give it a go. I am really glad I did! Nice natural coverage that you can build for more coverage if you want to without fear of streaking. Very blendable and gives a nice finish. I apply this with my MAC 187 brush and feel that I get the best effect this way. I then top it off with a very light dusting of Laura Mercier setting powder and I am good to go! I find that it lasts well on the skin and does not need as many touch up's during the day as a lot of foundations I have tried, so that is a big bonus. At first when I started using this, my skin broke out horrible but I perservered and now (touch wood!) my skin seems to have gotten used to it and has returned to 'normal'. The bottle seems to last for a good while too, so you get your moneys worth. The only snag I have is that I am NC15 and it is nearly always sold out so I have to constantly stock up! Very highly recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2006 3:57:00 PM More reviews by arleenaponte

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used it 4 days before I decided to return it. I don't think the color was right for me, the salesperson immediately said I was NC30, but it looked a bit light on me, she quickly slapped it on and said it looked gorgeous. I thought she was the expert but as I finished paying she announced that her shift was over which explains her haste. The fluid seeped into my pores and just didn't look right. The other thing was I didn't like the odor but I do have an extra-sensitive sense of smell so this may not be a problem for others, as it doesn't seem to be mentioned much here. Also the glass bottle was not very user-friendly.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2006 1:31:00 PM More reviews by whoaitschell

I bought the studio fix fluid in NW20 which was a good match. The next morning of my first day of wear I noticdd my nosed looked irritated. Everything else was fine so I figured it was a new skincare product I had gotten. Well I continued use and I started getting a couple of pimples and my nose was not calming down. It is bright red and bumpy and more oily which is very abnormal. I found out that this contains algae extract and on the acne detectives site it is a 5!!!! for pore clogging and a 4!!!! for irritancy. Basically as worse as it gets. So this could be the problem for those of us it iritates! bummer because it had a nice look and feel :[ thats why i gave it an extra lippie.

If you love fashion just as much as you love beauty, visit my blog: Bird of a Feather. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2006 11:41:00 PM More reviews by lmteach

I recently tried the Studio Fix Fluid Foundation. My goodness! I have been searching for a foundation this good for years. It does everything I want it to do - last long, maintain its color, keep the oiliness away and give my face a bright glow. Before I tried this, I briefly used Laura Mercier foundation - the foundation that every one raves about in magazines. But frankly it made my skin look horrible in addtion to the numerous zits! Couldn't see the big fuss. I've finally found my holy grail - and the best looking, magazine-perfect skin ever!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2006 6:43:00 AM More reviews by Libertyne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i really wanted to like this product, especially with all the rave reviews it was getting. but i felt i like i had to jump through hoops in order to get this to work for me. i found the texture to be a bit heavy. i have also tried the many different ways of applying this, in order to make it look less "mask-like". i have tried buffing it on with both the 180 and the 187 brush, while my moisturizer was still wet, with it mixed into my moisturizer and other various ways. although some of those did work, i felt like it was just too much work to go through. so unfortunately this just wasn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2006 5:12:00 PM More reviews by bgbinsol

Love it! I have very sensitive skin and actually use prescription cream and wash for my blemishes. I was very hesitant on using this because #1: I haven't used a liquid foundation in years and #2: I am prone to break-outs. I have been using the Studio Fix powder for years. Figured why not give it a try. For someone who's motto is "Stick to what you know", this was a breath of fresh air. The coverage is perfect. Not too heavy but enough just to cover any blemish. Doesn't feel cakey and it doesn't cake! It lasts all day! I'm a fan!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2006 8:34:00 PM More reviews by mrcolem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a big MAC fan and I do NOT oily or acne prone skin at all. I never break out...now that being said. This foundation and the studio fix powder gives me a HORRIBLE RASH LIKE breakout all over my face. I love the coverage and its a perfect mattte match but back this goes tomorrow I just cant do it anymore.