October 24, 2014 | 1069 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2006 10:34:00 AM More reviews by littleliverbird

In the past I have tried many MAC foundations including studio fix, studio tech and full coverage. I have hated all of them as they either oxidized on my skin or did not last long before sliding of my face. I was hesitant to try this but I wqas desperate to get a new foundation so I thought I would give it a go. I am really glad I did! Nice natural coverage that you can build for more coverage if you want to without fear of streaking. Very blendable and gives a nice finish. I apply this with my MAC 187 brush and feel that I get the best effect this way. I then top it off with a very light dusting of Laura Mercier setting powder and I am good to go! I find that it lasts well on the skin and does not need as many touch up's during the day as a lot of foundations I have tried, so that is a big bonus. At first when I started using this, my skin broke out horrible but I perservered and now (touch wood!) my skin seems to have gotten used to it and has returned to 'normal'. The bottle seems to last for a good while too, so you get your moneys worth. The only snag I have is that I am NC15 and it is nearly always sold out so I have to constantly stock up! Very highly recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2006 3:57:00 PM More reviews by arleenaponte

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used it 4 days before I decided to return it. I don't think the color was right for me, the salesperson immediately said I was NC30, but it looked a bit light on me, she quickly slapped it on and said it looked gorgeous. I thought she was the expert but as I finished paying she announced that her shift was over which explains her haste. The fluid seeped into my pores and just didn't look right. The other thing was I didn't like the odor but I do have an extra-sensitive sense of smell so this may not be a problem for others, as it doesn't seem to be mentioned much here. Also the glass bottle was not very user-friendly.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2006 1:31:00 PM More reviews by whoaitschell

I bought the studio fix fluid in NW20 which was a good match. The next morning of my first day of wear I noticdd my nosed looked irritated. Everything else was fine so I figured it was a new skincare product I had gotten. Well I continued use and I started getting a couple of pimples and my nose was not calming down. It is bright red and bumpy and more oily which is very abnormal. I found out that this contains algae extract and on the acne detectives site it is a 5!!!! for pore clogging and a 4!!!! for irritancy. Basically as worse as it gets. So this could be the problem for those of us it iritates! bummer because it had a nice look and feel :[ thats why i gave it an extra lippie.

If you love fashion just as much as you love beauty, visit my blog: Bird of a Feather. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2006 11:41:00 PM More reviews by lmteach

I recently tried the Studio Fix Fluid Foundation. My goodness! I have been searching for a foundation this good for years. It does everything I want it to do - last long, maintain its color, keep the oiliness away and give my face a bright glow. Before I tried this, I briefly used Laura Mercier foundation - the foundation that every one raves about in magazines. But frankly it made my skin look horrible in addtion to the numerous zits! Couldn't see the big fuss. I've finally found my holy grail - and the best looking, magazine-perfect skin ever!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2006 6:43:00 AM More reviews by Libertyne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i really wanted to like this product, especially with all the rave reviews it was getting. but i felt i like i had to jump through hoops in order to get this to work for me. i found the texture to be a bit heavy. i have also tried the many different ways of applying this, in order to make it look less "mask-like". i have tried buffing it on with both the 180 and the 187 brush, while my moisturizer was still wet, with it mixed into my moisturizer and other various ways. although some of those did work, i felt like it was just too much work to go through. so unfortunately this just wasn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2006 5:12:00 PM More reviews by bgbinsol

Love it! I have very sensitive skin and actually use prescription cream and wash for my blemishes. I was very hesitant on using this because #1: I haven't used a liquid foundation in years and #2: I am prone to break-outs. I have been using the Studio Fix powder for years. Figured why not give it a try. For someone who's motto is "Stick to what you know", this was a breath of fresh air. The coverage is perfect. Not too heavy but enough just to cover any blemish. Doesn't feel cakey and it doesn't cake! It lasts all day! I'm a fan!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2006 8:34:00 PM More reviews by mrcolem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a big MAC fan and I do NOT oily or acne prone skin at all. I never break out...now that being said. This foundation and the studio fix powder gives me a HORRIBLE RASH LIKE breakout all over my face. I love the coverage and its a perfect mattte match but back this goes tomorrow I just cant do it anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2006 11:18:00 AM More reviews by GirlyClassic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have just tried a sample so far but it was a generous sample and I've used it at least 5 times. I really, really like this foundation! It gives such a smooth, perfect look to my skin. It makes it look flawless really. I also like that it doesn't make me oily and seems to last so well. Since it does wear so well, it can be harder to get off. Make sure to have a good makeup remover or you could not get it off and breakout. I don't wear foundation daily but when I do wear it, this is what I reach for.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2006 12:44:00 AM More reviews by kimshithuy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before trying Studio Fix Fluid, I used MAC Select foundation. I think that Studio Fix Fluid is SO MUCH BETTER! The colors tend to be more darker than the Select, so since I am regularly a NC40 in Select, I use NC25 in Studio Fix Fluid because with the Studio Fix powder/foundation on top of that, the color will be neutralized. This foundation made my skin feel natural and smooth! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2006 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just bought this today. I did my makeup and went out to dinner usually by the time dinner is over and i am in the car my face is shiny. well i got in the car checked my makeup and my face did not have breakthru oil. I am IN LOVE with this foundation. I know i should be trying this out longer b4 i rave but i was just so impressed that i made it thru dinner without shine i had to write.it's now almost an hour after coming home from dinner and my face is still not oily. I am getting the beginning signs of oil but that's ok i did my makeup at around 4:30 this afternoon. Normally after this long my face would look gross with oil and i'd feel like i'd have to wash my face and redo it. but i have to say this isn't bad. I will definately rebuy this foundation. I think the bottle should come with the pump though instead of having to buy it.
I finally got color matched right so in SFF i am a NW 35, ifi get more of a tan this summer i will get color matched again for another bottle but i am loving this foundation.