November 22, 2014 | 1943 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2008 11:39:00 PM More reviews by wheat_thin636

The chemically smell really surprised me; I've never used a mascara that had an obvious smell. To me, it wasn't that noticeable since I wasn't using it anywhere near my nose. The packaging is similar to Covergirl's Lash Blash, but smaller. It doesn't volumize much, but makes my lashes feel "plush." They are longer and very soft and weightless, but I only use two coats, so that might be a reason. It does weigh my lashes down, but I've noticed the mascaras that keep curl are usually very drying and make my lashes crunchy after it dries. I like it and will try it in waterproof. Usually they hold curl better.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2008 10:55:00 AM More reviews by SuperNanny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The smell burns my nose. It clumps. It smears. It made my lashes fall out in clumps. No, in fact, I would not buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by kristihern

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Smells like toilet bowl cleaner, and smudges like crazy! Ugh! I took it right back to Rite Aid for a refund.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by bluestar11682

this macara is horrible, it smells bad, and it flakes so bad that i had to wash my eyes and take my contacts out. my eyelashes looked ok after i applied it, but how it flaked made me toss it. im going back to dior show, the best mascara ever invented. worth the price

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Smiley604

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so psyched to try this new mascara, heard so many great things about it! Upon opening it, the smell knocked me over. I actually thought that perhaps it went bad. Not true. This is the smell of the mascara. I wanted to throw it away then and there. But I moved on, applied it, thought it was n ice, nothing overly special. Seemed to make my lashes longer, but not more voluminous. After using it for two more days, I just couldn't stand the smell anymore and had to toss it. Good luck to others though!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by shaesquared

This mascara is good, but not my HG. My eyelashes are on the average-short side, and are really really straight. What I loved about this product was that it REALLY added volume AND length to my lashes like BAA-YAAM. However, it didn't hold my curl AT ALL. Which, evidentally, kind of kills the fact the amaaazing length and thickness of my lashes after applying it. I usually just do a coat, cause the more I do, the less it tend to curl.

I have to admit, even though it wasn't waterproof, it sure seemed like it! It lasted the whole day without flaking! Not even through my 2.5 hour practice!

I have to say, I LOVE the packaging. Big yellow and boldly purple. The huge brush gets all my lashes for sure, but was a bit hard to work with at first.

Hm, about the smell. It was a bit overwhelming at firsst, but then it like, disappears when you close the bottle. It's definitely fake roses, but as it didn't really bother me.

Go try it out!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by sociologist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Worst mascara ever! The smell when I opened the package nearly knocked me off my feet! I was able to get part of one eye done and it clumped so bad out of the package I immediately took it off and went back to RiteAid with my receipt. This was probably one of the funkiest (nasty funky) mascaras I've ever used. Back to Clinique or Lash Discovery for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by sparkle4jm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the Colossal Volum' Express wanting a decent-priced but volumizing mascara. Good price. This does pretty well as far as really pumping up my lashes and making them look thick and dark, but after wearing it all day it begins to flake off pretty bad. I wear contacts, and somehow the black flakes get in between my eye and contact lens...uncomfortable! Also, I've had the same problem with the filter breaking...when I pull out the wand to apply mascara, it has tons of mascara on it. Not sure why. I have close it and re-open a couple times, hoping that it goes back into the tube. Probably won't buy again. I've had better drugstore brand mascaras with better results.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2008 8:48:00 PM More reviews by lindsayyxo

I'm in-between on the colossal. It works better than the define-a-lash products and does give you some pretty sweet volume, but as I've read in these other reviews, my tube did in fact screw up (the little piece inside of it that takes off excess mascara when you pull the wand out, came out WITH the wand) so my wand was covered in mascara and i managed to "fix" it, but now the mascara just cakes my eyelashes together. It doesn't work as good as it did (and I haven't had it very long) so maybe if they come out with better packaging, I'd be more obliged to buy this again. Also, I'd buy it over define-a-lash volume and define-a-lash length, those suck.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by ked00

I tried this product a couple of months ago and loved it...until the filter (I guess that is what it is!) inside the tube broke therefore making the wand useless and it was COVERED in masacara. Basically, whatever is inside to get the excess of the wand came of so the wand just slides in and out. I wanted to give it another shot though b/c I liked the coverage. I've had my 2nd tube for about 2 weeks now and the EXACT same thing happened this morning. Needless to say, I'm not wasting my money on this product again.