October 25, 2014 | 1351 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2006 11:28:00 AM More reviews by jdlynch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is AMAZING. The texture is beautiful, the coverage is perfect and the finish is gorgeous! I didn't have a problem with the color selection factor. My NC35 was a perfect match and its the only MAC color I've worn. It wasn't dark like most people are saying. Weird. But anyway I'm loving this! Lasts all day and best part? If feels like I'm not wearing HEAVY makeup. It feels VERY light.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2006 8:39:00 PM More reviews by a_la_gamine

I, too, bought into the hype for this product when it first came out and everyone was raving about what flawless coverage it provided, so I bought a bottle of this foundation in NC20 untested. The colour was my first mistake -- although NC20 suits me well in most MAC foundations, SFF is unfathomably yellow. I have trouble believing that anyone's skin could possibly be so yellow. Also, within minutes of putting it on, it darkened visibly so that I not only looked sallow, but also dirty. I exchanged it with NW15 the next day, which turned out to be a much better match, albeit a lot heavier than I would have liked. But after a few days of use I was noticing a lot more clogged pores than usual and it had given me little bumps all over my face that looked like the beginnings of a breakout. Also, the skin around my nose became much redder. So that bottle went back to MAC, too.

After I switched back to my tried-and-true mineral foundation, the little bumps slowly went away and my nose became less red.

So, SFF is definitely not the foundation for me. But, if you like your foundations heavy and have extremely resistant skin, then this might be the foundation for you -- just make sure to choose a lighter and pinker shade than usual. If you normally wear an NW shade, then I guess you're out of luck because there is no way this will look remotely good on you.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2006 5:04:00 AM More reviews by MsMarley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Broke me out in an itchy bumpy rash, which was a shame because this stuff is lovely. If you don't have sensitive skin, go for it! Looks great on, stays put and covers like a dream.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2006 1:40:00 AM More reviews by hawaii84

Ok this is my first time trying the MAC studio fix fluid. I am extremely oily individual. The foundation wears great but I have one draw back...the color. I was matched with nc44. It turns my skin slightly orange. Should i try one of the nw shades? which is most comprable???

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2006 12:49:00 AM More reviews by stipeluvr

For very oily skin like mine, Studio Fix Fluid is pretty much the only long-wearing/non-irritating foundation, even in the humid summer. By 4 p.m., most foundations have long disintegrated. I can still see Studio Fix, or rather, it still covers my blemishes and imperfections late into the day. It's really amazing. Yes, it feels slightly thick when I apply it. I just bought a foundation brush. I'm hoping I can apply the foundation a little more lightly without sacrificing the long-lasting coverage. I'll let you know.

The cap fits tightly on the bottle. With some foundations, like my Estee Lauder Double Matte, I always end up with foundation oozing from beneath the cap, which is messy and wasteful.

Updated 11/12/2006
I want to point out that the MAC Studio Fix Fluid isn't smothering like the Estee Lauder Double Matte. With the Double Matte, I felt like I had a mask on. The Studio Fix also goes on easier. The Studio Fix has a thinner consistency than Double Matte. Studio Fix is definitely the better foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2006 2:31:00 PM More reviews by danielleashleyb

I love this foundation, the reason I am giving it only 3 lippies is due to the fact that the lightest color NW15 is still too dark. I sampled it and put it on today and in the daylight it was about three shades darker than the rest of my body! How embrassing! So I just went back and she was shocked at my paleness and how the lightest color is way too dark for me! GIRLS HELP ME! I need full coverage, oil free that will last all day and that is light enough. It's so frusterating!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2006 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Kammers10

I was disappointed in this product. My MAC rep pushed it before it was out yet, but I guess partly I prefer cream (compact or stick) (age, age, darn it!). For a liquid it has excellent quality, but I am NW 25, they don't carry in this product, so had to go with NW 23, I look like I died or something! So, ended up being "chemist" playing mix and match with a little bronzing powder and other foundation to get it to look halfway decent. Will stick to cream or stick, ONLY if NW 25 available!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2006 8:16:00 PM More reviews by tweetiebird

For reference, I'm asian with NC35/C4 coloring with dark hair and eyes.

I tried this after I realized that it was my SF powder that was breaking me out - I was hoping that I would have the same look with the liquid... I didn't! SF fluid goes on much darker than the powder - I wear an NC30 in the liquid, and it feels nice going on, but gives more of a mask-like appearance during the day. It didn't give me the natural skin look I wanted. Oil control is average - my current HG, Chanel DPC, works much better.
I was disappointed that it didn't work for me. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2006 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Shellgrl

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I dont get why no one likes this, this is the best foundation ive ever used! The coverage is incredible, and this doesnt break me out. It makes my skin really look flawless, it's amazing! I dont use it everyday becuase I have a lot of foundations, but when I do use it I always think I look a little better.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2006 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Dr_Kawaii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This makeup is sub-par. Which is really disappointing seeing as how I paid so much for it. I got it in the perfect shade to match my skintone (NC30), so that wasn't a problem. But it doesn't even out my skin, it's almost too matte. Through the day it begins to feel annoyingly chalky/dirty, giving me the urge to wash my face. After a week or two of using this, I noticed breakouts on my forehead/cheeks, and I NEVER break out. It might work for someone else but not me. I'll stick to Revlon Skinlights diffusing tint. Half the price.