Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 10/19/2008 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm pretty picky when it comes to mascara simply cuz I seem to have problems finding stuff that I really like. Well, I tried this after asking one of my girlfriends what her secret to her killer lashes was. I have very long lashes that seem to get more "weighed down" by most mascaras. I was pretty impressed with how little of this that I actually needed to get the look I wanted and no clumping, either! I like this and will continue to use it.

on 10/18/2008 5:31:00 PM

The bright yellow tube definitely caught my eye. I have tried virtually every Maybelline mascara, so far the Full & Soft being my favorite. I like this just as much, if not more. Colossal offers more volume than F&S and gives more length. The only downfall is that it clumps easier. Just make sure you don't over-do it. One coat is enough. =)

on 10/17/2008 9:06:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got this at WALMART at $5.88 buy one get one free! I love this. I have to apply 3 coats to get the effect I want, but it's great so far!

on 10/16/2008 1:50:00 PM

I was really excited to try this product because Maybelline usually makes pretty good mascaras. The first time I used it, I was pretty amazed - it definitely delivered the volume it promised. But it clumps like crazy... I had to use another mascara brush to brush out my lashes and get rid of the clumps. I like the smell, it smells like flowers. I don't mind the design of the tube, there are too many black tubes anyway!

on 10/16/2008 1:36:00 PM

I loved the mascara, it really does give you that full look, however, the packaging is bad, like really bad!! It broke after I used it just 3 times. Will not buy it again, it is not worth the money if they can't get the tube right.

on 10/15/2008 10:48:00 AM

I really wish I could say I would buy this again because as a mascara it was fantastic. I really loved the brush and the formula. But, like the previous Volum Express mascaras I've bought, the tube broke on me. The little part that helps swipe off the excess mascara came off. That's like the third time that's happened with Volum Express. I'd like to know if anyone else has that problem.
*EDIT* I've since repurchased this numerous times and never had that problem again. My HG mascara now.

on 10/15/2008 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara did everything that I expected of it. It gives a sick amount of lengthening, and it has a good bit of volumizing power. I usually never coat my bottom lashes, and after I saw myself in a photo after I had done so, I can say, without ego, that the result was gorgeous. This mascara doesn't clump, and the brush is generous and lush. My lashes stay soft; the product doesn't flake (yay!), and it's easy to remove with makeup remover.

I was initially drawn to the packaging. The vivid yellow and metallic purple is alluring. Maybelline, way to recover yourself in my opinion after that dreadful Great Lash. Bravo.

on 10/15/2008 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This is trying really hard to be Lash Blast, but it fails in a big way.

It's just a mediocre mascara (that flakes like crazy on me). The tube is ugly. The brush is nothing special. And it stinks. It smells like dusty chocolate. Why does mascara need to be scented?!

Great drugstore mascara: comparable to the Lash Blast.

P.S. You can apply 1-2 at the most. Don't attempt more than that.

on 10/13/2008 4:55:00 AM

Really unique tube, it's bright screaming yellow. Goes on easlily for me, with a classic bristle brush, which I prefer.
(not the comb or the plastic spike things they're promoting now) Fullness is OK and the definition is great. I don't mind the smell, it reminds me of lilacs. Still I can see how this could be an annoyance for some.
A good alternative to my fav, Maybelline Full and Soft.