October 26, 2014 | 969 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2006 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Eleven

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is excellent. My skin usually eats liquid foundations and so for years all I’ve used is Studio Fix powder. Now what I do is apply the SF liquid over my reddish cheeks and chin, nose and forehead (and use concealer under my eyes) and then dust the SF powder over my entire face. It gives a really nice coverage – not too heavy and mask-like but too light either. It stays matte on me for hours so I simply use Blot Powder at lunchtimes to freshen up. For reference I’m a blonde cool-toned PPP and was colour matched to NW20 (same as my concealer) and use N4 powder. I think the colour match is excellent and I will definitely be repurchasing, although it’ll take ages to get through a bottle, which is excellent value at AUD48. The SPF15 is an added bonus. Yet another fabulous MAC HG product for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2006 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Maxipoodle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation because it has a perfect color to it and it has a good matte coverage and it does last long, the coloring is very good I have it in NC-40 and it has the perfect amount of yellowish coloring... so that makes a perfect match for my skin tone!!I think I would most defenitely buy it again....i just cant stand the screw top and i think i just need to buy the pump thingy!!

Well I got the pump and this is still very good, I noticed it was getting my skin sort of clogged which is not good at all. but that was when I wore it everyday, so now I just wear it for like special occasions or on day's when I want really good coverage! :-) Also on days when I am running late, I pump this on my hand and mix it with moisturizer and it does make for a great tinted moisturizer, like it just evens out my skin nicely.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2006 4:18:00 AM More reviews by perfectcover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

According to the MAC website, it "[p]rovides medium buildable coverage and flawless natural-matte finish. Includes SPF 15 for everyday sun protection. Oil-free and long-wearing." For me, SFF DOES provide me with awesome coverage; however, instead of a matte finish--- the results look more dewy, especially around my t-zone. Nevertheless, I love this product because it does give me that glistened look-- something I wasn't expecting but liked. Plus, a minimal amount (about a dime size) is needed to cover the whole face. Lastly, I wore SFF to Magic Mtn. and my makeup still looked flawless by the end of the night.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2006 10:49:00 PM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Thought I would give MAC foundations another try hoping this would be 'THE ONE'. Alas, it was not to be. I have red/blue undertones (DDD) and the color, NW45, made me look orangy/red. Plus, I looked greasy w/pools of foundations in pores. This did not give me the look I wanted. That's it for me w/MAC foundations. Well.......for awhile.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2006 12:51:00 AM More reviews by jainalaina4

Overall, I was highly impressed with the Studio Fix Fluid. Although the product itself does have a highly distinctive smell, it didn't particularly bother me. My skin is extremely hard to match because it is extremely pale and has a slightly cooler tone. Practically all foundations appear too pink on me, but the Studio Fix's NC15 matched my fickle skin perfectly. The product also had an amazing full-coverage when applied with MAC foundation brush and had a buildable texture. My skin is combination and very acne prone, so the fact that Studio Fix is oil-free was also great. The negatives of the Studio Fix include that it was fairly time consuming to apply, and when applied was very shiny (but nothing that a little translucent powder cant fix!). It was very expensive but worth it...I'll repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2006 11:45:00 AM More reviews by andrea46

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

am debating whether to award this a 4 or 5 but have decided to give it the benefit of the doubt. first of all, re color. i got NC 25 at the suggestion of the MAC ma when i emailed them. i am a C3 in Studio Fix. the color is excellent and i'm very happy that i did not listen to the mas at the counter who thought i should get NW 20. but i stood my ground because w/o a little yellow the NW would turn ashy on me in a few hrs.
anyway, i like it quite a lot. am very pleased with the SPF 15. my main gripe is that it's a whole lot of trouble. apply with #190 fndtn brush, wait about 30 secs until it settles and then apply a bit more where i need extra coverage. then apply blot powder. and then ... ho hum ... wash the brush (or at least wipe it). all this is as opposed to Studio Fix where you apply, 1-2-3 and are set to go.
in short, i could see myself buying this again because of the SPF. i also don't see why MAC sells the pump separately. when i bought it, they were out of pumps and i must've wasted a lot of product until i did get the pump about 2 weeks later.
EDIT (6/26/06): i am deducting a l/s. this is too much to mess around with on hot summer days, plus which i am finding it too thick. in any case, the color is now too light but that is my fault, i bought it, i guess, when i was paler.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2006 11:13:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

This is a pretty good foundation. It lasts all day, looks fairly natural, and has good coverage. It doesn't control oil that well, but my skin is an oil slick on its own. I always argue with the MAC employees about shades, though... unless I try myself and stay firm, I end up with a way-too-dark foundation. UPDATE: AH! Algae extract is apparently an irritant and comedogenic. What is MAC thinking??? It ruined an otherwise great product. After a while of use, my nose got really itchy and along came the usual MAC breakout. Thanks, but I'll stick to companies that bother making their makeup non-comedogenic

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2006 1:06:00 AM More reviews by softgrey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i'm not a fan of this product. the coverage is too fake-looking for my taste, and plus it really stinks. like literally, it reminds of something from my doctor's office.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2006 10:43:00 PM More reviews by thatsright

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with the poster below who said that while NC20 matches in other MAC products, it is INCREDIBLY yellow in the studio fix fluid- total jaundice. Still, I wore it for 2 days with my usual bronzer to see if I even liked the formula enough to exchange for another color. Bottom line: for me, Studio Fix was nothing special. Average blending, average pore & fine line settling (an issue for me in the summer). To top it off, after 2 days of wear I broke into awful hives, a first for me. Terrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2006 8:59:00 PM More reviews by i2wtbl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually really like it! I went to a local MAC store to purchase the blot powder that everyone's raving about and the sales person convinced me into trying this foundation. I figured I'll keep the receipt and return it if I don't like it. I have oily and acne-prone skin, so I was concerned about break-outs, especially since it seems to be the trend with MAC foundations. But to my surprise, one week into it not only is my skin flawless, but I am really satisfied with the color match and how it's holding up throughout the day in the summer weather. I wish that the SPF was higher, but then again I really don't have to do too many touch-ups throughout the day, which leads me to believe that the SPF stays on as well. And finally, it really does cover imperfections without looking like a mask.