MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 5/27/2007 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The sunscreen in this is octinoxate. That means that not only does it not protect you from UVA rays, but it actually breaks down any sunscreen with avobenzone and actively damages your skin. DO NOT USE WITH CHEMICAL SUNSCREENS. If you're using physical (zinc oxide or titanium dioxide) you're fine. The product itself is adequate. NW15 matched my pale (though by no means as pale as really pale people) skin pretty well though a little too yellow perhaps, which makes no sense considering that MAC's color selection gives Ws for cool-need warm tones, and Cs for warm, need cool tones. The coverage was quite good. It evened out the redness but did not help with acne scars. I did notice some settling in pores and it may have broken me out. The finish was matte but not excessively so. This is a good foundation that failed on some technicalities. EDIT: I tried it again, and there are a few more things I can point out. First, after a day of wearing this, my skin was the most disgusting oil slick imaginable. Seriously. It was raining during the day. so for a while, I thought I just had rainwater on my face, until I saw that the shine wasn't drying and touched my skin to have my fingers slip on the grease. Very very disgusting. Secondly, the foundation emphasized the flakes on my skin, and it didn't improve with moisturization. Third, by the end of a day of wearing this, I had three new pimples and my old ones were worse. Bottom line: I do not reccomend this at all.

on 5/21/2007 7:28:00 PM

This stuff is like falling in love for the first time lmao. It's perfect and exciting. I have very pale skin and I found the right match. It covers GORGEOUSLY and it manages not to look cakey. It's perfect. <3<3

on 5/18/2007 9:27:00 PM

MAC Studio Fix Fluid is a foundation I've been using now since it was released last year. I must say I am THOROUGHLY impressed. Before, I was using the Select SPF 15, and although I did like the coverage, it was far too drying unless I put on an excess amount of moisturizer. I finally decided to try this foundation, as it is creamier, and WOW. I get serious compliments on my skin and I couldn't be happier. Though it does look like it could be too dark in the bottle, when I apply it to my face it blends seamlessly and has a gorgeous finish. It's easily buildable, but can also apply to have sheer coverage (my personal preference). I've never been more pleased. I will definitely repurchase, and continue to repurchase! I'm not sure if I could find anything better. For reference, I have very pale (NW15, though I look next to white!), sensitive, normal/dry skin.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Just like the reviewer below says, the shades in this range are SO off. I bought NC15, and the shade is nothing like its equivalent in Select liquid foundation. Why is that? It's a shame because the coverage and staying power is incredible, the best I've ever used (my skin is very oily and most foundations have melted off by lunchtime) but this is much, much too yellow for my complexion. And as for NW15 - too orange! I won't be repurchasing.

As long as you can find the right shade for you, this foundation would be fantastic but sadly girlies, my search for the perfect foundation continues. I am deeply dissapointed in MAC because i found with this one, NC15 was much darker than usual. Okay, the shades depending on the type of foundation do vary BUT - surely not this much. Please make no mistake, i have the rare problem with having extremely pale skin.

On a better level, for those of you wishing to know what the actual product is like, it smells a bit clinical but stays on for a long time and builds well. No use to me at all so it will be going on my list!

on 5/12/2007 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I personally love this foundation. I finally found an exact match for my skintone which has been very difficult in the past couple of years. This foundation gives me a flawless look. It also lasts a long time on my combination skin <3

on 5/6/2007 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I ditched my MMU for a week (in search of something w/better coverage for my visible pores) and got a tester of this at the MAC counter. I have oily/combo/sensitive skin so its hard for me to find a foundation with good coverage/staying power & oil control that doesn't irritate my skin. I am disappointed to say that this isn't it. Day one I was impressed that my skin wasn't as oily, and I liked the coverage. But I noticed my face started feeling a little "tight". I stuck it out for a week, and now my skin has broken out with a couple of those underground pimples, and some little whiteheads here and there, which is not the norm for me. Overall my skin looks irritated so now I've stopped using it. I was really hoping this would work for me but it looks like I'll have to go back to my MMU for now.. continued >>

on 5/2/2007 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this foundation for about 4 years now and i love it. It gives me good cover but it is not too havey on your skine.It dose not cause my skin to break out.This is my foundation for ever.

on 5/1/2007 7:16:00 PM

Oh my God, I am officially in love. Using just the tiniest bit, I have pretty much air-brushed skin. I have been using Studio Tech for years, never thought I would stray as I love a fuller coverage. But this bad boy has won me over. I didn't need to use concealer, even on the hideous spots on my chin, and no powder. I'll have to see how it lasts through the day. I have normal/dry skin, NC35. This foundation is me for life now. YAY!!!

P.S. Obviously, this may not be the most natural looking makeup, but wow I just love the coverage.

on 4/28/2007 3:36:00 AM

This stuff is not that good and not bad.
But I dont like it because of bad things and never buy again.

Good things are perfect cover, no redness, no irritation
Bad things are soooooo!!! yellow( I am even asian), very thick
It is nc 20 .

If you want full coverage and dont mind something thick so everyone could
recognize that you did make up , I would recommend it
But If you are not.. I would never recommend it.