December 19, 2014 | 794 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2008 2:51:00 PM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! It lengthens & curls without clumping or flaking. Yes, it has a weird smell but who cares if it works so well? I'm a mascara snob & prefer lancome & L'Oreal Voluminous. Will buy again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

UGH this thing is just bad..it clumps and it does NOTHING to my lashes...GARBAGE!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2008 1:40:00 AM More reviews by songbird17

I have to admit, I bought this mainly because of the cute bottle. However, it's not a bad mascara either. It's not exactly any different than any other Maybelline mascara, but if you don't have a lot of money to spend, I would definitely go for this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by axialmeow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very eye catching packaging! But to be honest, the reason I bought this is because it came in a 2 for 1 for under $6. The mascara itself is just ok. I was expecting a rubber brush like Lash Blast but this is just a normal mascara wand(though fuller than average). It wears ok. It does dry quickly and that can lead to clumps if you apply multiple coats. As for the scent, I think they were trying to copy Diorshow? It has a similar strong scent. I'll use these 2 tubes up but probably won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2008 4:42:00 AM More reviews by aebricker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hated it. The brush holds gobs of it, so it's hard to apply multiple coats w/o clumping. (I love applying multiple coats.) This one's going in the trash. Guess this one's just not for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by littO_girlii

Yeah basically this mascara is shit. Very drying and clumpy. The forumla is crap and the wand isn't as good as lash blast or the chanel version. The wand is too bend and soft, therefore it doesn't work as well. Total crap, this is going in the garbage.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2008 9:27:00 PM More reviews by kat2703

I was sucked in by the bright packaging & all they hype on MUA. I bought Colossal at WalMart , when my HG CG LashBlast had run out. At first, I really hated this product - the smell, the brush, the texture, etc. I nearly threw it out, but I hate wasting stuff, so I decided to stick it out for a little while. I must say, this mascara has grown on me! It does give nice length, good volume, and has a great inky black color (Glam Black). For the price, not a bad mascara - perhaps one of the better DS mascaras out there, but, alas, it's not my beloved LashBlast, and so I wont be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2008 7:39:00 PM More reviews by bex487

I'm so glad I stuck with this! At first I was a little disappointed-I didn't see a huge difference between this and the original WP version (Maybelline Volum' Express WP). However, after using this for a couple weeks I decided I like it a lot better. Glam Black is a really dark black that's great for me, because I love dramatic lashes. I can layer this mascara and it doesn't get clumpy. I usually wear 3 coats, and I have really long, really black, really thick lashes. There is some minimal flaking/smearing for me after wearing it all day long, but it's not a big deal. This easily comes off with remover. I'll definitely purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2008 12:52:00 AM More reviews by nubfish

So it's an ok product - it gives pretty decent volume - the packaging is a little tacky but the price is pretty good - my problem with it or should i say problems is that first it smells terrible - which several other reviewers have noted as well. and despite the fact that when i put it on i can't smell it at all the idea of the smell is really irriatating. I'm not sure why any makeup company would let something out that smells that terrible. anyways... the other issue is i find it a little smudgey/flakey - however if you are in a rush or low on funds it's not a bad mascara for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by love4chanel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was surpised this mascara works pretty well. It definitely gives a full effect for the lashes but it does clump easily if too much is applied. Also, by the end of the day, I do have some smudgies under my eyes. I like the fact that it defines and adds volume without using one of the rubber brushes. I use alternately with my (expensive) Diorshow mascara and they both produce a similar effect. The price is good, product is pretty good. I'd probably buy again if I buy a drug-store brand. I don't like the bright yellow tube.

Re-review: After using this for just a couple weeks, I opened the tube and the goo inside lirterally exploded. I have never seen this happen before. I guess I won't be buying this again after all.