September 1, 2014 | 1466 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2006 11:45:00 AM More reviews by andrea46

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

am debating whether to award this a 4 or 5 but have decided to give it the benefit of the doubt. first of all, re color. i got NC 25 at the suggestion of the MAC ma when i emailed them. i am a C3 in Studio Fix. the color is excellent and i'm very happy that i did not listen to the mas at the counter who thought i should get NW 20. but i stood my ground because w/o a little yellow the NW would turn ashy on me in a few hrs.
anyway, i like it quite a lot. am very pleased with the SPF 15. my main gripe is that it's a whole lot of trouble. apply with #190 fndtn brush, wait about 30 secs until it settles and then apply a bit more where i need extra coverage. then apply blot powder. and then ... ho hum ... wash the brush (or at least wipe it). all this is as opposed to Studio Fix where you apply, 1-2-3 and are set to go.
in short, i could see myself buying this again because of the SPF. i also don't see why MAC sells the pump separately. when i bought it, they were out of pumps and i must've wasted a lot of product until i did get the pump about 2 weeks later.
EDIT (6/26/06): i am deducting a l/s. this is too much to mess around with on hot summer days, plus which i am finding it too thick. in any case, the color is now too light but that is my fault, i bought it, i guess, when i was paler.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2006 11:13:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

This is a pretty good foundation. It lasts all day, looks fairly natural, and has good coverage. It doesn't control oil that well, but my skin is an oil slick on its own. I always argue with the MAC employees about shades, though... unless I try myself and stay firm, I end up with a way-too-dark foundation. UPDATE: AH! Algae extract is apparently an irritant and comedogenic. What is MAC thinking??? It ruined an otherwise great product. After a while of use, my nose got really itchy and along came the usual MAC breakout. Thanks, but I'll stick to companies that bother making their makeup non-comedogenic

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2006 1:06:00 AM More reviews by softgrey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i'm not a fan of this product. the coverage is too fake-looking for my taste, and plus it really stinks. like literally, it reminds of something from my doctor's office.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2006 10:43:00 PM More reviews by thatsright

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with the poster below who said that while NC20 matches in other MAC products, it is INCREDIBLY yellow in the studio fix fluid- total jaundice. Still, I wore it for 2 days with my usual bronzer to see if I even liked the formula enough to exchange for another color. Bottom line: for me, Studio Fix was nothing special. Average blending, average pore & fine line settling (an issue for me in the summer). To top it off, after 2 days of wear I broke into awful hives, a first for me. Terrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2006 8:59:00 PM More reviews by i2wtbl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually really like it! I went to a local MAC store to purchase the blot powder that everyone's raving about and the sales person convinced me into trying this foundation. I figured I'll keep the receipt and return it if I don't like it. I have oily and acne-prone skin, so I was concerned about break-outs, especially since it seems to be the trend with MAC foundations. But to my surprise, one week into it not only is my skin flawless, but I am really satisfied with the color match and how it's holding up throughout the day in the summer weather. I wish that the SPF was higher, but then again I really don't have to do too many touch-ups throughout the day, which leads me to believe that the SPF stays on as well. And finally, it really does cover imperfections without looking like a mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2006 11:28:00 AM More reviews by jdlynch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is AMAZING. The texture is beautiful, the coverage is perfect and the finish is gorgeous! I didn't have a problem with the color selection factor. My NC35 was a perfect match and its the only MAC color I've worn. It wasn't dark like most people are saying. Weird. But anyway I'm loving this! Lasts all day and best part? If feels like I'm not wearing HEAVY makeup. It feels VERY light.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2006 8:39:00 PM More reviews by a_la_gamine

I, too, bought into the hype for this product when it first came out and everyone was raving about what flawless coverage it provided, so I bought a bottle of this foundation in NC20 untested. The colour was my first mistake -- although NC20 suits me well in most MAC foundations, SFF is unfathomably yellow. I have trouble believing that anyone's skin could possibly be so yellow. Also, within minutes of putting it on, it darkened visibly so that I not only looked sallow, but also dirty. I exchanged it with NW15 the next day, which turned out to be a much better match, albeit a lot heavier than I would have liked. But after a few days of use I was noticing a lot more clogged pores than usual and it had given me little bumps all over my face that looked like the beginnings of a breakout. Also, the skin around my nose became much redder. So that bottle went back to MAC, too.

After I switched back to my tried-and-true mineral foundation, the little bumps slowly went away and my nose became less red.

So, SFF is definitely not the foundation for me. But, if you like your foundations heavy and have extremely resistant skin, then this might be the foundation for you -- just make sure to choose a lighter and pinker shade than usual. If you normally wear an NW shade, then I guess you're out of luck because there is no way this will look remotely good on you.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2006 5:04:00 AM More reviews by MsMarley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Broke me out in an itchy bumpy rash, which was a shame because this stuff is lovely. If you don't have sensitive skin, go for it! Looks great on, stays put and covers like a dream.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2006 1:40:00 AM More reviews by hawaii84

Ok this is my first time trying the MAC studio fix fluid. I am extremely oily individual. The foundation wears great but I have one draw back...the color. I was matched with nc44. It turns my skin slightly orange. Should i try one of the nw shades? which is most comprable???

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2006 12:49:00 AM More reviews by stipeluvr

For very oily skin like mine, Studio Fix Fluid is pretty much the only long-wearing/non-irritating foundation, even in the humid summer. By 4 p.m., most foundations have long disintegrated. I can still see Studio Fix, or rather, it still covers my blemishes and imperfections late into the day. It's really amazing. Yes, it feels slightly thick when I apply it. I just bought a foundation brush. I'm hoping I can apply the foundation a little more lightly without sacrificing the long-lasting coverage. I'll let you know.

The cap fits tightly on the bottle. With some foundations, like my Estee Lauder Double Matte, I always end up with foundation oozing from beneath the cap, which is messy and wasteful.

Updated 11/12/2006
I want to point out that the MAC Studio Fix Fluid isn't smothering like the Estee Lauder Double Matte. With the Double Matte, I felt like I had a mask on. The Studio Fix also goes on easier. The Studio Fix has a thinner consistency than Double Matte. Studio Fix is definitely the better foundation.