MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 5/12/2007 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I personally love this foundation. I finally found an exact match for my skintone which has been very difficult in the past couple of years. This foundation gives me a flawless look. It also lasts a long time on my combination skin <3

on 5/6/2007 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I ditched my MMU for a week (in search of something w/better coverage for my visible pores) and got a tester of this at the MAC counter. I have oily/combo/sensitive skin so its hard for me to find a foundation with good coverage/staying power & oil control that doesn't irritate my skin. I am disappointed to say that this isn't it. Day one I was impressed that my skin wasn't as oily, and I liked the coverage. But I noticed my face started feeling a little "tight". I stuck it out for a week, and now my skin has broken out with a couple of those underground pimples, and some little whiteheads here and there, which is not the norm for me. Overall my skin looks irritated so now I've stopped using it. I was really hoping this would work for me but it looks like I'll have to go back to my MMU for now.. continued >>

on 5/2/2007 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this foundation for about 4 years now and i love it. It gives me good cover but it is not too havey on your skine.It dose not cause my skin to break out.This is my foundation for ever.

on 5/1/2007 7:16:00 PM

Oh my God, I am officially in love. Using just the tiniest bit, I have pretty much air-brushed skin. I have been using Studio Tech for years, never thought I would stray as I love a fuller coverage. But this bad boy has won me over. I didn't need to use concealer, even on the hideous spots on my chin, and no powder. I'll have to see how it lasts through the day. I have normal/dry skin, NC35. This foundation is me for life now. YAY!!!

P.S. Obviously, this may not be the most natural looking makeup, but wow I just love the coverage.

on 4/28/2007 3:36:00 AM

This stuff is not that good and not bad.
But I dont like it because of bad things and never buy again.

Good things are perfect cover, no redness, no irritation
Bad things are soooooo!!! yellow( I am even asian), very thick
It is nc 20 .

If you want full coverage and dont mind something thick so everyone could
recognize that you did make up , I would recommend it
But If you are not.. I would never recommend it.

on 4/24/2007 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i like this one. i am using this one currently. i bought it, telling the MAC rep that i have acne-prone skin. it does seem thin at first, but does cover well. it doesnt look too fake at all, in comparison to studio tech. and after you dust a little powder on top, it is flawless, but in a natural way. trust me, i have pimples, and sometimes theyre terrible. but this is very good for hiding them without making your face look cheap.

on 4/18/2007 1:11:00 AM

I wear this foundation (in NC25) once in a while when I need to look flawless. It provides excellent coverage without looking the least bit cakey like Estee Lauder Double Wear. I only wear this once in a while because it does tend to break me out if I wear it too often. For everyday, I wear Clinique Stay True foundation.
I found it helpful to remove this product at night with makeup remover wipes, then wash with Mac Green Cleanser, and then tone. It can be a b to get off.

on 4/15/2007 5:34:00 PM

I love this foundation. The summary is that this Studio Fix Fluid = Studio Fix Powder Foundation without any cakey and no oily effect. I love this because my skin looks so good with it. It almost can't see my blemish underneath; and I'm satisfied with my glow and smooth skin. Eventhough I got a not-so-vivid blemish trait, but once I top it with concealer, it's perfect.

/HOW I FALL IN LOVE: Let's say, I turn my back on MAC's foundation for a couple years before I've switched from powder foundation to fluid foundation, and learnt how to apply the fluid with foundation brush.

/The thing is that I loved Studio Fix powder foundation but because it's way too greasy for the Summer. I can't stand it anymore. So when I learned how to use the foundation brush with the fluid foundation -- not MAC of course -- since at the moment thisi Studio Fix Fluid hasn't came out yet. I became addicted to Fluid foundation.

/So when this Studio Fix Fluid came out for a while, I decided to give it a try. Thanks to MakeupAlley's reviewers, saying that this fluid form is putting together Studio Fix Powder Foundation, but not in the way too oily and cakey.

/First I tried it, love it. It's just perfect for my skin which require medium coverage -- but not too thick layer, smooth, not oily, staying through the day. Love it so far!

/SUGGESTION FOR MAC: The improvement that MAC can do is to put this in the pump container, so it's easier to use. But up until now the packaging is not that bad to complain -- still acceptable.

/REPURCHASRE: I will repurchase this as long as there's no better solution to cover up blemish red/brown spots. All I have to do is to apply a concealer for the day I want an ABSOLUTE-NO-BLEMISH-TRAIT look.

/For reference: I'm NC30 with yellow undertone, Brown eyes, dark brunette hair.

on 4/15/2007 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Broke me out, looked unnatural, just bad in general. I was so excited to try this on other recs, but it was awful and I threw it away. I will continue to use MAC for l/s and e/s only. If you're going to get this, please go to a counter and make sure you try it on, and leave it on for a few hours to see if turns on you too.

on 4/13/2007 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I returned my Studio Fix Powder because it was too "cakey" looking on my oily, but dehydrated skin. The MA used NW20 with a foundation brush and set with NC20 sheer loose powder. The initial coverage was medium, but certainly buildable. The combination of the SFF and the sheer loose powder gave me a glow, but kept shine at bay. This is also one of the first foundations to actually conceal redness (i.e. broken capillaries and scarring). If I want, I can even forgo concealer. I may try NC20 in the foundation when I repurchase, as the NW version is slightly peach. I am still really happy and think my skin looks better than ever.