October 31, 2014 | 1415 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by littO_girlii

Yeah basically this mascara is shit. Very drying and clumpy. The forumla is crap and the wand isn't as good as lash blast or the chanel version. The wand is too bend and soft, therefore it doesn't work as well. Total crap, this is going in the garbage.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2008 9:27:00 PM More reviews by kat2703

I was sucked in by the bright packaging & all they hype on MUA. I bought Colossal at WalMart , when my HG CG LashBlast had run out. At first, I really hated this product - the smell, the brush, the texture, etc. I nearly threw it out, but I hate wasting stuff, so I decided to stick it out for a little while. I must say, this mascara has grown on me! It does give nice length, good volume, and has a great inky black color (Glam Black). For the price, not a bad mascara - perhaps one of the better DS mascaras out there, but, alas, it's not my beloved LashBlast, and so I wont be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2008 7:39:00 PM More reviews by bex487

I'm so glad I stuck with this! At first I was a little disappointed-I didn't see a huge difference between this and the original WP version (Maybelline Volum' Express WP). However, after using this for a couple weeks I decided I like it a lot better. Glam Black is a really dark black that's great for me, because I love dramatic lashes. I can layer this mascara and it doesn't get clumpy. I usually wear 3 coats, and I have really long, really black, really thick lashes. There is some minimal flaking/smearing for me after wearing it all day long, but it's not a big deal. This easily comes off with remover. I'll definitely purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2008 12:52:00 AM More reviews by nubfish

So it's an ok product - it gives pretty decent volume - the packaging is a little tacky but the price is pretty good - my problem with it or should i say problems is that first it smells terrible - which several other reviewers have noted as well. and despite the fact that when i put it on i can't smell it at all the idea of the smell is really irriatating. I'm not sure why any makeup company would let something out that smells that terrible. anyways... the other issue is i find it a little smudgey/flakey - however if you are in a rush or low on funds it's not a bad mascara for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by love4chanel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was surpised this mascara works pretty well. It definitely gives a full effect for the lashes but it does clump easily if too much is applied. Also, by the end of the day, I do have some smudgies under my eyes. I like the fact that it defines and adds volume without using one of the rubber brushes. I use alternately with my (expensive) Diorshow mascara and they both produce a similar effect. The price is good, product is pretty good. I'd probably buy again if I buy a drug-store brand. I don't like the bright yellow tube.

Re-review: After using this for just a couple weeks, I opened the tube and the goo inside lirterally exploded. I have never seen this happen before. I guess I won't be buying this again after all.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by cheechi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i gave this stuff a fair chance (used it for a little over a month), but i really didn't like it. i have sensitive eyes (especially around allergy season) and the strong rose scent really bothered me. there is NO reason that a mascara needs to be that scented. after 2 coats, the mascara would get clumpy and leave my eyelashes looking strangely plastic-y and almost shiny. it took a long time to dry and i would often end up with it under my eyes and on my lids if i blinked too soon after application. my lashes felt weighed down and the product started flaking after a few hours. however, i did like the packaging and the big, fluffy brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2008 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Sunnibuns

I actually love this product! I have average length pale eyelashes and this stuff makes me look like I have falsies! I have never seen my eyelashes look so long! No clumping or flaking and it is non-irritating to my sensitive eyes. This mascara is not as good at adding volume, so if I want to add a bit more oomph I sweep a coat of the regular volum' express and WOW!

The only down side is that the mascara smells like dried roses, but I only smell it while I am putting it on, it is not like my eyes smell like this all day. LOL!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by noellecwhite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara was a HUGE letdown!!
It clumps, smells awful, and smeared!!!
Will stick to my define-a-lash!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2008 12:42:00 PM More reviews by keco52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased it for a friend who has long blonde lashes and she loves it (she usually hates mascara)

*update* I've learned only the first few uses of the mascara are great...after a few weeks it got flakey and clumpy.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2008 1:02:00 AM More reviews by tanyaw168

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the regular Volum' Express mascara, so I wanted to try this and see if it was even better. It was not. I found it to be a wetter consistancy. I always curl my lashes before applying mascara and it is so wet, it almost seems to "un-curl" them while I'm applying it. Also, the one time I've worn it, it freaked me out how quickly it ran down my face after I started washing up at the end of the day. I couldn't imagine what a mess it would be if I got caught in some bad weather. I didn't purchase the waterproof (didn't see any), so I didn't expect it to hold up to water, but it seemed to have NO staying power whatsoever. I didn't provide much volume or length either. I doubt I'll ever use it again.

Edit: Ok, I'm going from 2 to 4 lippies.I find myself reaching for this on occassion. Mostly when I know I have zero chance of getting caught in rain or snow outside. I'm terrified of having mascara all over my face. I might repurchase this if I could find waterproof. This mascara actually does give nice, naturally defined lashes. I do find the formuala to be wetter than my other mascaras, but it does seem that the longer I've had it, the more the formula improves. I think the fact that it has dried out a bit has helped.