October 30, 2014 | 1636 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2006 4:05:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've gotten a few samples of this foundation and so far, so good. I've normally stayed away from MAC's liquid foundations as I wasn't too impressed with the formulas but I like the SF liquid foundation.
It gives sheer to medium coverage and a semi-matte finish, plus the SPF15 is great. I'll definitely buy a full-size bottle when I have the chance.
EDIT 11/13/06: I still like this foundation but it can be a wee bit on the heavy side. Still a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2006 1:39:00 PM More reviews by LMfanatic

Love this foundation. Used oil-free Laura Mercier foundation for a long time, as I am an acne-prone girl, and I thought that was my HG (despite the hefty price tag). Alas, I noticed it was just "sitting" on my pores and didn't last all day - 4-5 hours at most. Plus, the coverage wasn't all THAT great, and while I know it is extremely buildable, I was using a large amount to get the coverage I wanted.

On a whim I decided to try the Studio Fix Fluid after reading some recs on the makeup board. I was hesitant because I had previously tried the Studio Fix powder-formula and that caused me to break out ::horribly::, so I was afraid this would do the same. Not at all! I've been using it for about two weeks now and not a pimple to be seen. I use it over my MAC oil-control lotion and mattifier, put it on with my 187 brush, and set it w/ the loose blotting powder, and then I'm good to go! My skin looks flawless and it looks great the entire day. The coverage is also perfect; it isn't too sheer and isn't too thick to where I feel like I'm wearing a mask. (Just as a FYI, I got this in NC15.)

Love love love it, will be purchasing again and again as I think it's my HG! (Finally!)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2006 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Scherzade

I like SFF with the proper application. I put a small amound of fluid on my hand, and use a Flirt! Skunk brush - 6 dollars - to stipple foundation on. It gives me a completely flawless finish that lasts all day, even in stifling Gainesville heat.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2006 4:35:00 PM More reviews by fireeeyez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love fix fluid i have very very oily skin and i clog very easily and everything else that i have used had made me break out (clinique, estee, lancome, etc.) you do have to moisturize your skin. i also got the $3 pump and its the best cause you cant contaminate the bottle cuz your not sticking your finger or sponge back in the bottle. i use it with the 190 brush and it blends beautifully gives you a great finish. goes awesome with the blot powder to set it. I cant go without it LOVE IT

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2006 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Goldenrings

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This made me look fantastic! For a 50ish woman this is a godsend. HOWEVER, after a few days I noticed I was really starting to break out. So I keep it for special occasions and am still looking for an everyday good foundation. Bummer. If you don't ever break out, and are looking for a good coverage foundation, I recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2006 8:27:00 PM More reviews by ilima

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like most things about this foundation. The coverage is great- covers my freckles and evens out my skin tone without looking like a mask. It goes on like a dream with the 190 foundation brush, and I love that it has SPF 15. My only complaints are that, it I put on a bit too much, it really emphasizes lines that I didn't even know I had, and second, that the color is a very close match but not exact- there's something a little bit off and I can't tell what it is (I was color matched to NW15, by the way). I like it, but I wish the color would be just a little bit closer to my skin tone. Also, I've had no problems with breakouts while using this foundation, unlike previous reviewers.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2006 8:18:00 PM More reviews by han01

this is a good foundation if you want full coverage and like your foundation matte and when it sets it last all day and it does look flawless it's a very good foundation for the right skin type how ever it's not for me im not oily so i dont like my foundation too matte i rated this good cause it is for the right skin type if your looking for full coverage matte liquid foundation give this a try if you dont like it mac will let you bring it back so you really have nothing to loose

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2006 6:50:00 PM More reviews by jeuxjal0ux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am 50/50 with this product. I love how it makes my skin look. I have oily oiiiily skin so I need something matte. It provides fairly good coverage aswell. HOWEVER... I have acne prone skin and this foundation has slowly made my skin get worse. Ive had it for about 2 months and it made me break out a tiny tiny bit at first, getting worse all the time. So unfortunatly Ill have to stop using it and start looking (yet again) for a great foundation that suits my skin!

A tip for those who think its masklike... if you use a wedge, moisten it first. Then use it to apply the foundation. Goes on much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2006 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Rodella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There's been a lot of comments on how yellow this range is..for me though this foundation in NC42 has been absolutely spot on for my asian skin tone, it's an exact match - I'm amazed each time I use it and can't possibly think that anything else could ever match my skin that well! Coverage is good, no breakouts, lasts well through the day, and using it with MAC's 190 foundation brush gives a superior finish. Would definitely recommend this one for people who find that other foundations such as Laura Mercier or Estee Lauder are not yellow enough!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2006 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm on the fence about this foundation. I LOVE mac's wide range of colours, I'm confident in getting a perfect match for my skin. However the formulations always fail to impress. This doesn't blend amazingly, and seems to catch on any flakes - I sometimes feel I look better without it on, and isn't foundation supposed to make your skin look better?! Other times it's OK, and it doesn't break out my spot prone skin, but I'm gonna return to Chanel or try Laura Mercier next time.
EDIT: I think my NW25 shade is a tad orangey - I've resorted to wearing just the tiniest bit of this to work (when I don't care so much about how I look). Can't wait to use this up! Chanel Teint Innocence is a million times better.