November 26, 2014 | 952 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2006 9:14:00 PM More reviews by LawyerBarbie1

Not in a million years would I ever buy this again...

I decided to try it after Revlon colorstay chnaged their formula. I have friends who use it so I figured it couldn't hurt and I wanted something for some events I had that weel. That was the worst mistake of my life as I am still trying to fade scars from the breakouts ALL over my chin, cheeks and forehead that this caused. Not only that, but in photographs I took the week that I used it, I look like Casper the friendly ghost.

I have combination skin but I don't normally have issues with excessive acne, but this changed everything and cost me about 200 dollars in facials just to get my skin back to normal(though I'm still very scarred)...I woke up every morning wanting to cry, so never ever again. Now I use Estee Lauder Double Wear and I'm MUCH happier! Its my HG...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2006 6:22:00 PM More reviews by edenzs

WOW. My HG foundation even after two bottles of this stuff. Excellent shades (my skin is impossible to match and NC30 was perfect) and has a great finish. I have many many acne scars and large pores (combination/oily, very acne-prone) and this was truly a miracle product for me. Covered everything (I would say it can be layered to full coverage) without cakiness and didn't break me out, although I think breaking out is a very individual thing when it comes to this foundation. Better than any Prescriptives, Chanel, Dior, Laura Mercier, Stila, BE, Lancome, or Estee Lauder foundations I have tried, and believe me - I've tried many!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2006 7:54:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh WOW I'm in love with this foundation.I have dry skin so fluid foundations are the best for me.I was using my Laneige one for a very long time and it was about time to get a new one.So I headed to the MAC store and asked SA what my shade is.After a couple of trials,she told me I'm NC25 but when I applied it on my face it look incredibly yellowish so that it was like clashing with my natural skin tone.So I asked her to give me the opposite of this (more pink based) which is to be NW20.VOILA! It looks incredibly natural now and covers well-With SF on,my face is not totally matte but not shiny looking either.It hasn't broken me out yet too!Well so far so perfect!I'll keep using this and probably repurchase as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2006 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Westiegirl

This has got to be one of the smoothest looking foundations I have ever used. Great coverage. Yes it is matte, but not that 90's kind of "concrete/drywall" matte that a lot of companies used to produce. Take your time to really look at the color selections, and pester the heck out of the salesperson to give you some samples first. With my combination skin, I blot slightly around 3 hours after application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2006 5:59:00 PM More reviews by sassygirrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in NW 25. The sales associate matched the skin on my neck as I had Clinique Superfit in Champagne on at the time.

Perfect match!

I kept noticing people staring at me when I would suddenly turn. A few commented on my "perfect skin" LOL if they only knew!

I did experience a little break out, (2 pimples) but I am prone to breakout at "that time of the month" so not sure if this is from the makeup or hormones.

Perfect coverage, makes my ruddy skin flawless, and gives me a radiant, matte finish. I have combination oily/dry skin, and this didn't need a touch up like all my other foundations usually do.

I really like this foundation. It works hard to make my skin flawless.

New to the MAC line, this if my first foray into the foundation, but so far I like what I see.

It's worth the money.

If you don't like it, return it. They will credit your card or give you a refund.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2006 8:47:00 AM More reviews by sellyselly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this foundation! It gives a good coverage and smooth finish. For me, it lasts for the whole day. Sometimes, it feels a little thick and sticky though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2006 10:49:00 PM More reviews by brokentrails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a MAC neophyte and loving this product! The MAC ma recommended a perfect shade for me. My skin is oily and I love the fact that this provided me great coverage, evens out my complexion and didn't made me greasy. It's not heavy on the skin, very natural looking, didn't breakout, has SPF, and didn't melt on my skin even when the weather's hot. My only con with this product is that it's a bit expensive but like the MAC ma told me, it's worth it coz it will last me a long time and he was right coz you only need a few drops and voila, flawless looking skin! I would definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2006 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Last_rolo_lover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation so much. At first I was a tad weary of MAC after reading reviews of Studio fix breaking people out, but once I had tried it for a week, I saw that it was my HG. I found the best way to apply it is with the 187 brush, or one similar to it should work, I apply it on my hand then onto my face. I am in love.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2006 4:05:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've gotten a few samples of this foundation and so far, so good. I've normally stayed away from MAC's liquid foundations as I wasn't too impressed with the formulas but I like the SF liquid foundation.
It gives sheer to medium coverage and a semi-matte finish, plus the SPF15 is great. I'll definitely buy a full-size bottle when I have the chance.
EDIT 11/13/06: I still like this foundation but it can be a wee bit on the heavy side. Still a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2006 1:39:00 PM More reviews by LMfanatic

Love this foundation. Used oil-free Laura Mercier foundation for a long time, as I am an acne-prone girl, and I thought that was my HG (despite the hefty price tag). Alas, I noticed it was just "sitting" on my pores and didn't last all day - 4-5 hours at most. Plus, the coverage wasn't all THAT great, and while I know it is extremely buildable, I was using a large amount to get the coverage I wanted.

On a whim I decided to try the Studio Fix Fluid after reading some recs on the makeup board. I was hesitant because I had previously tried the Studio Fix powder-formula and that caused me to break out ::horribly::, so I was afraid this would do the same. Not at all! I've been using it for about two weeks now and not a pimple to be seen. I use it over my MAC oil-control lotion and mattifier, put it on with my 187 brush, and set it w/ the loose blotting powder, and then I'm good to go! My skin looks flawless and it looks great the entire day. The coverage is also perfect; it isn't too sheer and isn't too thick to where I feel like I'm wearing a mask. (Just as a FYI, I got this in NC15.)

Love love love it, will be purchasing again and again as I think it's my HG! (Finally!)