October 1, 2014 | 1909 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2006 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Rodella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There's been a lot of comments on how yellow this range is..for me though this foundation in NC42 has been absolutely spot on for my asian skin tone, it's an exact match - I'm amazed each time I use it and can't possibly think that anything else could ever match my skin that well! Coverage is good, no breakouts, lasts well through the day, and using it with MAC's 190 foundation brush gives a superior finish. Would definitely recommend this one for people who find that other foundations such as Laura Mercier or Estee Lauder are not yellow enough!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2006 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm on the fence about this foundation. I LOVE mac's wide range of colours, I'm confident in getting a perfect match for my skin. However the formulations always fail to impress. This doesn't blend amazingly, and seems to catch on any flakes - I sometimes feel I look better without it on, and isn't foundation supposed to make your skin look better?! Other times it's OK, and it doesn't break out my spot prone skin, but I'm gonna return to Chanel or try Laura Mercier next time.
EDIT: I think my NW25 shade is a tad orangey - I've resorted to wearing just the tiniest bit of this to work (when I don't care so much about how I look). Can't wait to use this up! Chanel Teint Innocence is a million times better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2006 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Pragga

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have dark acne scarring and some mild redness on my face, and the foundation ALONE covered everything up, I have medium asian skin tone (NC42) and the foundation colour is yellow-based, so it matches with my skin tone perfectly. It looks really natural on my face and if you ever go to buy MAC for the first time, ALWAYS ask the sales assistant to match you your colour.

I have acne vulgaris, currently not taking any medication for acne, and for ME, the foundation did not cause any breakouts at all, however if you have oily skin, you will need powder later on in the day, once you've had the foundation on for a time.
If you have dry skin, and it looks dry when you put this foundation on, apply some steam for a few minutes to give it a dewy effect.

It comes with a convenient pump and a handy cap to close the pump, so you don't spill it everywhere.

I also strongly advise to buy the foundation brush (number:190), which is a bit expensive (£25) it is worth every single penny!!!! It makes the foundation 100% better your face than it would if we applied it by hand.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!AND I WILL BUY IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2006 4:51:00 PM More reviews by eme800

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this foundation at the Mac counter a week ago and got a sample that I've used everyday since. First I was really impressed by this foundation, I looked as I had perfect skin! I have small pores and no acne or anything but I have some redness on my cheeks and it covered it all up, however after a few hours the formula turned dry on my face ( I have normal to dry skin). It also made my face a bit dull greyish, maybe it is the matte formula that I don't like. Another thing which has been said before about this foundation is that it causes allergic reactions if you have somewhat sensitive skin, I got small itching bumps on my cheeks and chin, and that is not ok MAC!!! I found that that happened to me when I was wearing hyper real as well, but not as fast. This foundation does not "melt" into your skin, it stays on the surface whcih makes it more prone to change in colour towards that dullness I described, no mixing with skin's natural oils.I'm still looking for that HG foundation for dry skin, that doesn't feel greasy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2006 7:38:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I dont know what any 21 year old like me needs with a foundation like this.I bought it after hearing the great reviews on here and im so disappointed. Its thick and heavy on. It is also too drying- i have combo skin but a few dry areas around my forehead and this foundation just ephasised them even more. I put this on in my room, thinking it was a bit thick but carried on none the less as i had to get to a job interview. As soon as I stepped outside my friend was like WHAT THE HELL have u got on your face? she was right. I looked in a mirror in the natural light and it looked like i had a thick pasty, cakey mask on. My friend actually thought i liked looking like that but i seriously used a light hand with this foundation as i could see it was quite thick from the start but i never thort it'd be this bad. no. not for me.and by the way im not one of these 'tinted moisturiser' only type of girls in fact i hate sheer coverage my skin isnt great, but it also doesnt need a mask of disguisting foundation on it either. i give it 1 lippie for the pretty glass jar and the great colour shades.if u are looking for a fuller coverage lasting foundation that isnt cakey pls think about EL doublewear- so much better than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2006 12:23:00 PM More reviews by texas07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you have a lot of problem areas and you need excellent coverage, this product will be your new best friend. It covers like no other foundation I have ever used. Using Brush 187 it gives you a very airbrushed finish. It doesnt look cakey or too piled on. I definently recommend this product to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2006 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Myaspace

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since Makeup Forever face and body (No.20) broke me out this summer, I tried Mac fluid (NC25). NC25 is too yellow for me, I prefer Makeup forever Ivory 20, so I only apply it very very sheerly. I only use little (so little) with a wet sponge (with water or with moisturizer), sometimes I use a brush.

I love it during the summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2006 2:57:00 PM More reviews by 9Chickweed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

*sigh* I'm so sad! Just when I thought I'd found the perfect foundation, I'm allergic to it...and I've never had an allergic reaction to foundation before. Irony is that I'm not allergic to the Studio Fix powder foundation. It gave great medium/full coverage, kept me from getting oily, didn't catch onto any dry skin flakes, and matched my face perfectly. Only problem? I had little pink itchy marks appear on my face and it made me break out!!! The only reason why I didn't give this a really bad mark is because I think that for anyone that doesn't have a reaction to this, it would be a great foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2006 1:08:00 PM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

I really really REALLY love this fndt. This is the only line I have ever found (besides Shiseido but it smells like old lady to me) that is yellow enough for me. I think if they had a shade called banana I would buy it seriously! I am so yellow, I may as well be jaundiced! Anywho! This lasts on me and the finish is a natural matte. I follow this with select sheer powder and voila! A perfect face. Alas, the reason for 4 lippies instead of 5 is that during PMS, this does aggravate my breakouts...not extreme, but instead of maybe 2-3 my jaw will break out into about 10 small ones. They always go away and they arent cystic or giant puss ones or anything so i deal with it for a week b/c I refuse to give up this wonderful fndt. Def repurchase and have done so 3 times already.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2006 1:24:00 AM More reviews by heartinacage

I absolutely love this. It's the perfect foundation for me - flawless coverage, light, natural looking. I was inititally a bit hesitant about purchasing this because I heard it made a bunch of people break out, but I'm very glad I gave in. It's a bit expensive though (43 Sing dollars) , but if it lasts me a long time I suppose it's well worth the money. I would definitely repurchase again and again !