Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 8/28/2003 12:20:00 PM

This cleans well and feels so gentle on my skin. But I do miss the foaming action of other cleansers and you have to use a rather large amount to clean well with this. UPDATE: I got over the fact that this doesn't foam and now I don't know if I can live without it.

on 8/13/2003 3:53:00 AM

very mediocre. i have combo skin and i found it a little drying, plus i hated the smell. yuck.

on 8/10/2003 2:08:00 PM

I bought this product all excited and I have had the worst reaction ever to it. My entire face is burning and red and swollen. It's so painful- I'm so upset

on 7/30/2003 11:32:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I'm sure this cleans the face, but it also made me dry and itchy...and I don't have sensitive skin. On top of that, I can't stand the smell. It lingers in my nose forever! Everything else from philosophy smells nice, why does this have to be so terrible?

on 7/25/2003 1:38:00 PM

As a former Laszlo/Bobbi Brown/ La Mer/Clinique/Mac user I can truly say I have found my HG of cleansers. It cleans every spec of makeup off my face. I followed up with a toner and there was NOTHING on the cotton ball. I love this cleanser for the simplicity, the price and the fact that it does what it says it will do. UPDATE: I only thought it cleaned every spec of makeup off my face. I used a toner once and saw all of the residue. Still in search of my HG cleanser!

on 7/24/2003 2:57:00 AM

So far, this has been a pretty good cleanser for my combo skin. It does remove all my makeup including mascara and black eyeliner in one washing. Not too drying and has a light smell.

on 7/21/2003 10:47:00 PM

I was surprised how gentle this cleanser is on my skin. It doesn't irritate it at all, which is a problem I have with liquid cleansers. My only complaint is the strong herbal smell. While scented cleansers do not usually bother me, this particular one does not sit well with me. *EDIT* After about two weeks of using this, I started to break out horribly. After switching back to my cetaphil bar, everything cleared up.

on 7/20/2003 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

Okay...I have been using real purity for about 2 months now.. (replacing my DHC cleansing oil) I have to give a good review because it really does remove makeup and is truely a ONE STEP cleansing and toner product. I tested it after cleansing with a toner and sure enough, there is no makeup "left over" on my face :) so I am happy with it :) It is on the "pricer" side with $20 /8 oz but I only use a little bit (dime size) nite and day. So it is lasting a good while for me :)

on 7/19/2003 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

When I was first diagnosed with rosacea the biggest challenge was finding a cleanser that really dissolved make-up, left my skin feeling clean but not tight, and did not irritate.
I have dry skin and I was surprised at how well it worked. I don't waste my money on eye-makeup remover anymore. Purity doesn't lather up it but is the next best thing to a nice foaming face wash, which is usually off-limits for my dry sensitive skin. I can't use toners and don't miss them anymore.
A great alternative to those creamy cleansing lotions that are usually recommended to those of us with dry skin.

on 7/19/2003 1:25:00 PM

I thought I would love this when I first started using it, it cleaned my makeup off very well and did not dry out my skin. But the more I used it, as a previous reviewer mentioned, my skin broke out. I stopped using it and tried it again about two months later to see if it was the product or maybe just that time period I used it but the same thing happened again. My skin is not particularly sensitive but this product just makes me break out.