Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 7/7/2003 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Neutral

This is a great cleanser for my normal/combination skin--I love to use it in the winter because it doesn't leave my skin feeling dried-out like so many other cleansers do when it's cold out! I think the texture is excellent and it dissolves makeup and residue away. I also love the soft, slightly "green" scent.

on 7/6/2003 11:13:00 PM

The verdict is still out on this one. I've been using it now for 2 weeks and it sort of broke me out ( I think ). I know I should give my skin some time to get used to this product, but I can't see risking zits. The product is nice though..no smell ( very very faint)...and easy to use. Gets the dirt and makeup off easily and doesn't strip my skin. One more week and if this and if this doesn't pan out , I'm switching to HABA.

on 7/5/2003 9:43:00 PM

This is a standard, foaming cleanser. It dissolves all of my makeup nicely but does leave my normal skin feeling tight afterwards.

Purity Made Simple is one of my favorite cleansers. I have oily skin and this removes all my makeup but doesn't strip my skin. It is a bit expensive considering that Johnson and Johnson Head to Toe Baby Wash works just as well, but I'm a big fan of Philosophy products. I've purchased this cleanser several times and have had no problems with breakouts.

on 6/24/2003 1:09:00 AM

This made me break out like crazy. and I NEVER break out.And it smells absolutely horrific . i am tossing this out!!!!

on 6/21/2003 3:30:00 PM

This cleanser has been wonderful for my combo skin! I am an oil slick everywhere except around my mouth and chin, which are so dry they tend to be scaley. This cleanser cleans my makeup off completely (no more racoon eyes, yay), and after I pat my face dry I almost don't need a moisturizer. My face is soft and looks smooth and clear. I've been using it for a week now, and already my face texture seems to be smoothing out, looking more creamy and no pimples. I just wish that it wasn't $20 for a bottle of this stuff. Too expensive! And the smell, I can live without, too. It's not too strong, but still unpleasant. But, still a good product IMO!

on 6/13/2003 6:37:00 AM

PRICE: US$20.00

This doesn't foam up that much, but it still spreads nicely on my face and I massage it around a little before rinsing off. i like it because it makes my skin feel clean.. but all in all, it was quite a standard cleanser to me - similar to Paula's Choice cleansers by the way, which is a fraction of the price!
continued >>

on 6/10/2003 8:24:00 AM

I love this product. I don't think that I have ever had a clean face until I used this. I have been using in the morning with urban decay's detox coctail (no need for moisturizer with that one) and in the evening with hope in a bottle--for the first time ever my blackheads are clearing. It removes all my makeup (no extra products/toners needed) and doesn't dry out my skin. I usually break out with new product but this actually made my skin clearer. My new grail!!!!

on 6/3/2003 12:52:00 AM

I like this cleanser. I can't say it's the best cleanser I've ever tried, but it does the job. I love how it effortlessly removes my makeup. It just comes off quick and clean. The cleanser doesn't leave any sort of residue on my face. I think if you follow this with a good moisturizer, you'll enjoy it. A few times I skipped the moisturizer and my skin was pretty dry and uneven the next day.

on 5/29/2003 1:43:00 PM

I also received this as part of the Here Comes the Bride gift set. While it does remove every bit of makeup, it left my combo (normal/oily) skin feeling quite dry and tight afterwards. I used it for about a week, during which time I noticed my skin getting progessively blotchier with some quite pronounced red patches. I put it away for a while and then recently took it out again; the same thing happened. I can see this product working well for someone with thicker, oily skin, particularly someone in their teens or twenties; but this one just didn't agree with my somewhat senstive thirty-something skin.