Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 7/20/2003 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

Okay...I have been using real purity for about 2 months now.. (replacing my DHC cleansing oil) I have to give a good review because it really does remove makeup and is truely a ONE STEP cleansing and toner product. I tested it after cleansing with a toner and sure enough, there is no makeup "left over" on my face :) so I am happy with it :) It is on the "pricer" side with $20 /8 oz but I only use a little bit (dime size) nite and day. So it is lasting a good while for me :)

on 7/19/2003 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

When I was first diagnosed with rosacea the biggest challenge was finding a cleanser that really dissolved make-up, left my skin feeling clean but not tight, and did not irritate.
I have dry skin and I was surprised at how well it worked. I don't waste my money on eye-makeup remover anymore. Purity doesn't lather up it but is the next best thing to a nice foaming face wash, which is usually off-limits for my dry sensitive skin. I can't use toners and don't miss them anymore.
A great alternative to those creamy cleansing lotions that are usually recommended to those of us with dry skin.

on 7/19/2003 1:25:00 PM

I thought I would love this when I first started using it, it cleaned my makeup off very well and did not dry out my skin. But the more I used it, as a previous reviewer mentioned, my skin broke out. I stopped using it and tried it again about two months later to see if it was the product or maybe just that time period I used it but the same thing happened again. My skin is not particularly sensitive but this product just makes me break out.

on 7/13/2003 7:28:00 PM

I really enjoy this cleanser. It is very gentle, lightly scented, and will totally remove all your makeup with ease and without stinging your eyes. A definite staple for me.

on 7/7/2003 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Neutral

This is a great cleanser for my normal/combination skin--I love to use it in the winter because it doesn't leave my skin feeling dried-out like so many other cleansers do when it's cold out! I think the texture is excellent and it dissolves makeup and residue away. I also love the soft, slightly "green" scent.

on 7/6/2003 11:13:00 PM

The verdict is still out on this one. I've been using it now for 2 weeks and it sort of broke me out ( I think ). I know I should give my skin some time to get used to this product, but I can't see risking zits. The product is nice though..no smell ( very very faint)...and easy to use. Gets the dirt and makeup off easily and doesn't strip my skin. One more week and if this and if this doesn't pan out , I'm switching to HABA.

on 7/5/2003 9:43:00 PM

This is a standard, foaming cleanser. It dissolves all of my makeup nicely but does leave my normal skin feeling tight afterwards.

Purity Made Simple is one of my favorite cleansers. I have oily skin and this removes all my makeup but doesn't strip my skin. It is a bit expensive considering that Johnson and Johnson Head to Toe Baby Wash works just as well, but I'm a big fan of Philosophy products. I've purchased this cleanser several times and have had no problems with breakouts.

on 6/24/2003 1:09:00 AM

This made me break out like crazy. and I NEVER break out.And it smells absolutely horrific . i am tossing this out!!!!

on 6/21/2003 3:30:00 PM

This cleanser has been wonderful for my combo skin! I am an oil slick everywhere except around my mouth and chin, which are so dry they tend to be scaley. This cleanser cleans my makeup off completely (no more racoon eyes, yay), and after I pat my face dry I almost don't need a moisturizer. My face is soft and looks smooth and clear. I've been using it for a week now, and already my face texture seems to be smoothing out, looking more creamy and no pimples. I just wish that it wasn't $20 for a bottle of this stuff. Too expensive! And the smell, I can live without, too. It's not too strong, but still unpleasant. But, still a good product IMO!