MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

I bought this makeup in NC42 after having a makeover at a MAC counter. At first I loved the color but HATED the foundation. I had previously been using EL Double Matte or EL Doublewear and was used to a true full coverage foundation. However, after giving the MAC foundation a chance, I soon fell in love w/ it and just ordered 2 more bottles. I find it looks much more natural than the two EL foundations I was previously addicted to and does not make me break out or anything. Also, in pictures, you don't get that white face effect like you do from the flash with EL foundations. MAC offers a much better color variety as well. Some of the EL foundations are too pink or orangy. MAC (NC family) has yellow undertones which is much more natural looking.

on 4/10/2007 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a really great foundation for those of us who like a heavier coverage. It's buildable, long lasting, comes in a million shades; I'm not sure what else can be expected from one makeup. I have oily skin, and this does not break me out. I only use it on the weekends though. My mom who has drier skin, uses it daily. I think it can work for anyone, but we must know our own limitations.

Ick! This settled into my (They're not even that big!) pores- also made my skin look flakey and dry. Couldn't wait to wash it off, which took two times sudsing and rinsing to my usual one. This one's going back to Nordstroms!

on 4/8/2007 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Best Foundation I have ever used. I usually use Clinique, but this is my new HG. Chanel Double Perfection is no comparison to this either. Makes you look flawless and doesnt break me out! Love it.

on 4/7/2007 1:10:00 AM

This is a great foundation with buildable medium coverage. I have combination oily breakout-prone skin and this foundation has not irritated my skin at all in the last 3 weeks I've been using it! It's pretty thick and was kinda hard to get it out of the glass bottle so I bought MAC's foundation pump. Very similar to my previous foundation, Revlon Colorstay w/Softflex, except this has a bit more coverage, a slightly smoother/silky finish, and didn't turn orange on me when I needed heavier coverage on certain areas. I just wish that this didn't have SPF in it so that my face doesn't look lighter in flash photography. Otherwise an HG.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't know why I keep straying from SFF, I always end up coming back to it.
Just about every other foundation I've tried always ends up getting greasy-looking thanks to my hideous t-zone.
SFF can do that but nowhere near as obviously as anything else. I love the coverage, my casper-white complexion can get a bit pink around the cheeks but SFF seems to combat it quite well. I find I use less concealer with this than any other foundation.
My inital complaint was being matched to NW15 but I looked like a satsuma. I've since been rematched to an NC15 and find it looks far more like my own skin.
Can vary the amount of coverage depending on how I feel my skin looks and it applies like a dream with the 187 brush, resulting in an almost airbrushed finish.
Will definitely keeping repurchasing this one.

EDIT: Since it's getting cooler & I've paled down a bit, I mixed what was remaining of my SFF into my mineralise Satinfinish bottle. I've been mixing the two together anyway & combined, they make my perfect foundation. Glowy but not greasy, good coverage & the NC15 satinfinish pales the SFF down further.
Added bonus to transfering it into the other bottle? It now has a pump on it. Can't fault it. Will be repurchasing both.
Edit: 08/2008 After months of not using this, I'm making myself finish up the bottle I have left. Will probably not repurchase again as it's been affecting a small patch of eczema that pops up on my forehead. It's also been too drying whilst getting shiny on my nose & chin. The colour is questionable now I've found foundations that are a much better much. So long, SFF. It was fun while it lasted.

on 4/2/2007 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

l-o-v-e-ing this foundation! i'm a MAC NC20 and i used to use the studio fix powder, but decided i wanted to switch to a fluid after my sister was telling me how much she preferred it. it helps cover up my pores. i've found it's best to mix it with a little water, which makes it last longer and not so heavy on my face (esp. with the warm weather coming).

**UPDATE** still love the way this foundation lasts, but thinking i need to try a setting powder over it. since i've moved to london, my skin gets a bit more shiny than it did when i lived in dry colorado. i've found a blotting powder i intend to get from MAC and will report on how the combo works.

There are many things I like about this foundation. First off, I bought it based on the MUA reviews and it makes my skin look flawless. The NC25 shade is a tad lighter than my light/medium Asian skin, but it really brightens my complexion and has just the right amount of yellow in it. Another great thing about this foundation is that is does not oxidize on me, which is amazing because every other liquid I have tried has (MK, Clinique, Loreal, Revlon). As I mentioned, the coverage is excellent as the formula is very pigmented. With that being said, it's a little on the thicker side, so I apply it with a damp wedge sponge and it blends seamlessly into my skin. I set it with MAC Blot Pressed Powder (using my 129 brush) and I'm good to go for at least 6 hours. I have combo/oily skin, so I do have to blot in the afternoon, but the foundation itself lasts the entire day. I have sensitive skin and I was worried that this might cause a reaction, however, I am pleasantly surprised to report that I have not experienced anything thus far. My only complaint is that it doesn't wear very well over my sunscreen:( EDIT: Sadly, I am allergic to the chemical sunscreen in this product, but I still wear it on occasion to get a polished, long lasting look. It's really too bad because this is my favorite liquid that I have tried.

on 3/31/2007 3:24:00 PM

So I was on my never ending search for a perfect foundation, and I've finally found one!! I had this studio fix concealer in my makeup bag that I wasn't using because the color was a little off from my skin tone, it was NC20, so I decided to scoop out a chunk of the concealer on my hand and mix with my face lotion. To my surprise it gave great coverage, and looked amazing aside from the slight color problem. So I went to my nearest Mac and decided to try the Studio Fix Liquid Foundation, seeing that I loved what the Studio Fix product looked like I opted for the Studio Fix liquid concealer so I didn't have to do the two steps of mixing. So I matched the foundation perfectly to my skin with the NC15. All I can say is I love this product, it gives me such an even coverage natural looking flawless face! I would recommend this product most definitely!! Even though it's priced at $30, the quality of this foundation in amazing!!

on 3/28/2007 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product works well for oily skin, like mine. It goes on a bit heavy, though. The price is fair, compared to most other department store brands.