Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 9/15/2003 11:17:00 AM

This cleanser is soft and gentle and leaves my face feeling silky smooth. Excellent breakout preventer. I almost never breakout anymore!

on 9/11/2003 10:08:00 PM

I love this stuff. It does what it is suppose to do. It leaves my skin clean - really, sqeaky clean - but not too dry. My skin has improved dramatically since I have been using this. I have almost completely stopped breaking out. I use this, hope in a jar, and their micro scrub (greatest something). The combo makes my skin look the best it ever has. When I stray from this, my skin breaks out, when I use it my skin clears up. It is my HG.

on 9/4/2003 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I received a sample of this, and did not like the smell. Other than that, it did a decent job of cleansing. I would not buy this - I prefer a foaming cleanser, and one that smells good.

on 8/28/2003 12:20:00 PM

This cleans well and feels so gentle on my skin. But I do miss the foaming action of other cleansers and you have to use a rather large amount to clean well with this. UPDATE: I got over the fact that this doesn't foam and now I don't know if I can live without it.

on 8/13/2003 3:53:00 AM

very mediocre. i have combo skin and i found it a little drying, plus i hated the smell. yuck.

on 8/10/2003 2:08:00 PM

I bought this product all excited and I have had the worst reaction ever to it. My entire face is burning and red and swollen. It's so painful- I'm so upset

on 7/30/2003 11:32:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I'm sure this cleans the face, but it also made me dry and itchy...and I don't have sensitive skin. On top of that, I can't stand the smell. It lingers in my nose forever! Everything else from philosophy smells nice, why does this have to be so terrible?

on 7/25/2003 1:38:00 PM

As a former Laszlo/Bobbi Brown/ La Mer/Clinique/Mac user I can truly say I have found my HG of cleansers. It cleans every spec of makeup off my face. I followed up with a toner and there was NOTHING on the cotton ball. I love this cleanser for the simplicity, the price and the fact that it does what it says it will do. UPDATE: I only thought it cleaned every spec of makeup off my face. I used a toner once and saw all of the residue. Still in search of my HG cleanser!

on 7/24/2003 2:57:00 AM

So far, this has been a pretty good cleanser for my combo skin. It does remove all my makeup including mascara and black eyeliner in one washing. Not too drying and has a light smell.

on 7/21/2003 10:47:00 PM

I was surprised how gentle this cleanser is on my skin. It doesn't irritate it at all, which is a problem I have with liquid cleansers. My only complaint is the strong herbal smell. While scented cleansers do not usually bother me, this particular one does not sit well with me. *EDIT* After about two weeks of using this, I started to break out horribly. After switching back to my cetaphil bar, everything cleared up.