October 24, 2014 | 1716 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2002 8:43:00 PM More reviews by CarolynF

I am still floored that I have read reviews where ladies say this did not clean their skin. I politely disagree! I went shopping all day and came home with a full face of make-up and used this for the first time. I used my toner, as usual, after I cleansed and there was barely any kind of trace of ANYTHING on my cotton ball. I love the scent as well. Reminds me of when I used to go for facials every month and the wonderful products that the esthetician used on my face. Seriously, this cleanser rocks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2002 7:23:00 PM More reviews by jenvince

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried a sample size of this. It's all right, not a favorite for me. It's very, very gentle - I can definitely understand how a lot of the girls here like it. I don't have sensitive skin, so I look for a stronger cleanser, as I wear a full face of makeup everyday. With this one, after cleansing with it, there was still makeup on the cotton ball after I swiped with toner. This cleanser didn't "clean" my face completely. If you need a gentle cleanser and wear little to no makeup - this would be a good cleanser for you. I personally just need something a little more heavy duty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2002 7:02:00 AM More reviews by mashimaru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After being disappointed by Cetaphil, I was wary about using this because it kinda sorta looks like Cetaphil. But an SA gave me a sample, so I gave it a try and major thumbs-up!
It claims to "emulsify" the dirt/grime, and that's what it really seems to do. When I use it, it feels like the makeup and dirt just melts away. It doesn't leave behind any film or residue, either.
It's gentle, and gets my face really clean. A new staple in my bathroom cabinet! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2002 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Colleen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser. It is gentle, yet it removes my eye makeup. It leaves my skin feeling clean, but not tight. A great cleaser to use during the colder months.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2002 3:05:00 AM More reviews by glassofwater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I should just put my address here, and when you want to purchase this product you can send me your money. Use water instead, it's just as effective!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2002 7:08:00 PM More reviews by gingersype

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have mixed feelings about this cleanser. I like it because it removes my makeup and is convienent, but I hate it because it doesn't lather and has a weird smell to it. I got this as a freebie from drugstore.com, but I am still on the fence as to buying it myself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2002 12:53:00 AM More reviews by KarenPie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This cleanser has a very Plain Jane feeling to it, in packaging, scent etc. But it works very well. I have sensitive skin and it didn't irritate my skin at all. I liked that it left my skin feeling very clean but not stripped. Some creamy cleansers leave my skin feeling too greasy, but this one is a lotion cleanser, and it leaves my skin just right. You only need a small amount of it. It doesn't suds up much, but it does the job. Because you don't need much of it, it lasts a long time and so I think it's a good buy. Added note: this takes off eye makeup very well too!! I like that I don't need a separate step for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2002 12:32:00 PM More reviews by SusanI

I keep going back to this cleanser. Really works well for my oily(acne prone) sensitive skin. I always call it Cetaphil with a Punch. Dont care for the smell though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2002 11:09:00 PM More reviews by mad4val

I love this product! I have sensitive combination skin with oiliness and dry patches sometimes. Also, I recently had perioral dermatitis.
This is a great cleanser and removes all my makeup (I don't wear foundation though). It leaves my skin in perfect balance, NOT dry and tight. It doesn't bother my sensitive skin in the least! A+++++

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2002 8:31:00 PM More reviews by MusesX9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the pump of this cleanser. It removes all my makeup in one shot and leaves my skin feeling smooth. I like this a lot and my only "thing" is how much it costs. It does compare with Cetaphil but it balances out for the amount I use...