September 23, 2014 | 957 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2002 3:05:00 AM More reviews by glassofwater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I should just put my address here, and when you want to purchase this product you can send me your money. Use water instead, it's just as effective!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2002 7:08:00 PM More reviews by gingersype

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have mixed feelings about this cleanser. I like it because it removes my makeup and is convienent, but I hate it because it doesn't lather and has a weird smell to it. I got this as a freebie from drugstore.com, but I am still on the fence as to buying it myself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2002 12:53:00 AM More reviews by KarenPie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This cleanser has a very Plain Jane feeling to it, in packaging, scent etc. But it works very well. I have sensitive skin and it didn't irritate my skin at all. I liked that it left my skin feeling very clean but not stripped. Some creamy cleansers leave my skin feeling too greasy, but this one is a lotion cleanser, and it leaves my skin just right. You only need a small amount of it. It doesn't suds up much, but it does the job. Because you don't need much of it, it lasts a long time and so I think it's a good buy. Added note: this takes off eye makeup very well too!! I like that I don't need a separate step for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2002 12:32:00 PM More reviews by SusanI

I keep going back to this cleanser. Really works well for my oily(acne prone) sensitive skin. I always call it Cetaphil with a Punch. Dont care for the smell though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2002 11:09:00 PM More reviews by mad4val

I love this product! I have sensitive combination skin with oiliness and dry patches sometimes. Also, I recently had perioral dermatitis.
This is a great cleanser and removes all my makeup (I don't wear foundation though). It leaves my skin in perfect balance, NOT dry and tight. It doesn't bother my sensitive skin in the least! A+++++

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2002 8:31:00 PM More reviews by MusesX9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the pump of this cleanser. It removes all my makeup in one shot and leaves my skin feeling smooth. I like this a lot and my only "thing" is how much it costs. It does compare with Cetaphil but it balances out for the amount I use...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2002 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Gradle

I really like using Real Purity when I'm too lazy to use a separate eye makeup remover. It's very gentle, doesn't sting my eyes, and removes all my makeup thoroughly. I don't experience any dryness after using this, but my skin isn't too picky. This is a nice basic cleanser that I'll more than likely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2002 9:27:00 AM More reviews by maryannw

I do like this product overall for removing makeup, etc... It has not dried me out although I have been using it during the summer. I am not sure if I will like this for a winter facial wash.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2002 12:38:00 AM More reviews by GretchenF

Well, I am re-writing this review because I've recently give the Real Purity cleanser another chance! I believe that the sample I got (the one I based my previous review on) must have been for oily skin. I recently received this cleanser for normal/combo skin and I really like it! I would even go so far as to say that I've found my staple face wash in this stuff :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2002 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Carrie

I love this stuff. It takes of all my makeup including mascara and leaves my skin clean and sofy. Great product. I got it in a GWp first of all and eventually invested in the 500ml bottle that I hope will last ages.