July 24, 2014 | 994 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2002 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Gradle

I really like using Real Purity when I'm too lazy to use a separate eye makeup remover. It's very gentle, doesn't sting my eyes, and removes all my makeup thoroughly. I don't experience any dryness after using this, but my skin isn't too picky. This is a nice basic cleanser that I'll more than likely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2002 9:27:00 AM More reviews by maryannw

I do like this product overall for removing makeup, etc... It has not dried me out although I have been using it during the summer. I am not sure if I will like this for a winter facial wash.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2002 12:38:00 AM More reviews by GretchenF

Well, I am re-writing this review because I've recently give the Real Purity cleanser another chance! I believe that the sample I got (the one I based my previous review on) must have been for oily skin. I recently received this cleanser for normal/combo skin and I really like it! I would even go so far as to say that I've found my staple face wash in this stuff :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2002 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Carrie

I love this stuff. It takes of all my makeup including mascara and leaves my skin clean and sofy. Great product. I got it in a GWp first of all and eventually invested in the 500ml bottle that I hope will last ages.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2002 12:47:00 PM More reviews by mtvsux

I have been using a 2 oz sample of this product for 2 weeks now. It is gentle, it gets most of my makeup off. My skin is normal, i can see how this might be drying to dry skin, but i like it thus far. B/c of the texture, it's a great product to add baking soda to for a scrub. No clogged pores. But after using both this and Head to Toe, this is too drying. Changing it from a 4 to a 3.

Edit 1.27.03. Changing it back to a 4. I love this stuff. AND i'm using it during winter. I haven't had a breakout since i am back on this stuff. It helps my skin alot. Could be that i'm using it w/ Dr. Brandts C cream that it is not drying. Love it. Rebought.

3.11.03 STill very, very happy. : D!

Update: 4.2.06 Still very very happy. it never ceases to amaze me.

Update 3/2009: Still love it. I do use another stuff on occasion, depending on what I need, but always have this and use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2002 4:18:00 PM More reviews by evilgirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product about two yrs ago and really liked how it worked for my sensitive/combo skin. It last for 10 months. I bought something else which I didn't care for so I recently repurchased this cleanser and will continue to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2002 9:40:00 AM More reviews by whiskers4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used Real Purity for over a year and really like this product. It is gentle and still cleans my face completely. My skin doesn't feel stripped after using it but it feels like it is clean and ready for my regime.

I like this product alot.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2002 1:02:00 PM More reviews by fort

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yuck. harsh fragrance, stripped my skin, didn't remove makeup well. i much prefer my cetaphil and my sage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2002 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Shawnah

I love this cleanser! Even a face with full makeup will be clean (not dry)and left makeup free with only a small pea size amount. Removes eye makeup even. Another plus is you don't have to use 10 itmes to get the results with this one item. I truly love it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2001 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Crusty

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very, very harsh! Yow! This stripped and irritated my oily skin. For 'thicker skins' (pardon the pun :P) this may work OK, but it did not work well for me!