Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 9/24/2003 12:13:00 PM

This is my grail cleanser. I have not been able to find anything that works as well as this.

on 9/23/2003 6:00:00 PM

This has become my favorite cleanser; it does not foam - it's very creamy instead - so this would not be a good choice for someone who prefers the sqeaky-clean feel you get from foams or gels. But if you are used to cream cleansers, this is a great choice.

My skin is acne-prone, but not oily; it tends to get dehydrated. This product cleans thoroughly but gently. Since I've been using it, my skin is clear & not flaky at all. (which could also be because I'm not using toner. who knows.)

The packaging is not so great, but Nordstrom had a huge bottle of this with a pump dispenser for their anniversary, and I love it. Hope they make that the regular packaging!

on 9/20/2003 12:44:00 AM

Not a great product. It's okay, but isn't amazing. It's somewhat drying, and really isn't special. I'm never going to purchase this again cause I don't think it's worth it.

on 9/15/2003 11:17:00 AM

This cleanser is soft and gentle and leaves my face feeling silky smooth. Excellent breakout preventer. I almost never breakout anymore!

on 9/11/2003 10:08:00 PM

I love this stuff. It does what it is suppose to do. It leaves my skin clean - really, sqeaky clean - but not too dry. My skin has improved dramatically since I have been using this. I have almost completely stopped breaking out. I use this, hope in a jar, and their micro scrub (greatest something). The combo makes my skin look the best it ever has. When I stray from this, my skin breaks out, when I use it my skin clears up. It is my HG.

on 9/4/2003 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I received a sample of this, and did not like the smell. Other than that, it did a decent job of cleansing. I would not buy this - I prefer a foaming cleanser, and one that smells good.

on 8/28/2003 12:20:00 PM

This cleans well and feels so gentle on my skin. But I do miss the foaming action of other cleansers and you have to use a rather large amount to clean well with this. UPDATE: I got over the fact that this doesn't foam and now I don't know if I can live without it.

on 8/13/2003 3:53:00 AM

very mediocre. i have combo skin and i found it a little drying, plus i hated the smell. yuck.

on 8/10/2003 2:08:00 PM

I bought this product all excited and I have had the worst reaction ever to it. My entire face is burning and red and swollen. It's so painful- I'm so upset

on 7/30/2003 11:32:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I'm sure this cleans the face, but it also made me dry and itchy...and I don't have sensitive skin. On top of that, I can't stand the smell. It lingers in my nose forever! Everything else from philosophy smells nice, why does this have to be so terrible?