Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 11/26/2003 1:18:00 PM

I quite like this cleanser, although it doesn't do any miracles. I think it is very expensive, although I was able to buy a large, 32 oz. bottle of this for $40 last summer at Nordstrom's anniversary. Otherwise, a 16 oz bottle retails for $32. I might buy it again.

on 11/21/2003 2:35:00 PM

on 11/18/2003 12:58:00 PM

This is my HG cleanser. I used to have about 5 different brands that I would switch around with all the time until I saw the founder of Philosophy on QVC. Since then I have used nothing but the cleanser, moisturizer and eye creme and my skin has never looked better. Her promise of "makeup optional skin" after continued use is true. I wet my face, apply the cleanser and can scrub it around my eyes and eyelashes and it takes off all but my most stubborn liners. Skin feels great when rinsed. I would recommend this cleanser to anyone looking for a great, mild cleanser.

on 11/14/2003 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This was a good cleanser that came with a "starter" kit I purchased through QVC several months ago. It has a fairly rich consistency-- a little goes a long way. It removed all makeup, including mascara and my face felt clean after washing; however, if I didn't apply moisturizer right after washing, my skin would feel tight and dry.

This product used to be called Real Purity. This is the perfect face-wash. Defininte HG. It cleans well, smells refreshing, and is gentle on my skin. I love the fact that it removes eye makeup, so I justify the cost by telling myself that I won't have to buy eye makeup remover (or toner!) in addition to this cleanser. If you wet your face first, you don't need to use much Purity Made Simple, and you can work up a light, foamy lather. A large bottle lasts for about 6 months, which is a long time for me because I wash my face at least twice a day. Definitiely recommend!

This product is now called Purity Made Simple. This is the perfect face-wash. Defininte HG. It cleans well, smells refreshing, and is gentle on my skin. I love the fact that it removes eye makeup, so I justify the cost by telling myself that I won't have to buy eye makeup remover (or toner!) in addition to this cleanser. If you wet your face first, you don't need to use much Purity Made Simple (new name), and you can work up a light, foamy lather. A large bottle lasts for about 6 months, which is a long time for me because I wash my face at least twice a day. Definitiely recommend!

on 11/6/2003 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow. I have SEVERELY dry skin that is very sensitive. It is almost impossible for me to find a cleanser that doesn't give me a rash, or leave my skin feeling ever drier than pre-cleansing. Purity Made Simple is extremely gentle and soothing. It removes all of my makeup easily and leaves my face feeling refreshed - kind of that after a facial feeling of new, happy skin. I'm in love - this is my new favorite.

on 11/4/2003 11:31:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I actually really, really like this cleasner! I thought that perhaps it wouldn't leave my skin feeling clean OR it would aggrivate my skin in some way, but it hasn't. Actually since I have been using it (about 1.5 weeks now), my skin LOOKS better than it has a quite a while. Purity removes every trace of my make-up and doesn't leave my skin feeling tight at all. It doesn't have the 'best' of scent, but it is a heck of a lot better than the Cetaphil Oil/Combo cleanser that I had been using. Actually, I am pretty impressed with Philosophy products in general. :o)

UPDATE 7-29-07: Okay, so I used this product off and on many times over the years since I first reviewed it. In all... it's a decent cleanser that doesn't do a whole lot except remove make-up. For the past three years I've been on a RAM/Differin/Benzaclin regimine and I definitely CANNOT use this anymore... leaves my skin feeling waaaay too dry after a wash. Price is still good for the quantity that you get in the bottle.

on 10/26/2003 8:07:00 PM

This product has been renamed Purity Named Simple, and it's wonderful. First of all, all traces of makeup, including stubborn mascara, vanish, leaving my face squeaky clean. Secondly, my face is left soft. I don't even feel like I need moisturizer (although I do usually use the Hope in a Jar). Thirdly, it doesn't sting my eyes, which often happens with other cleansers. This is the best facial cleanser I've ever used.

on 10/25/2003 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love,love,love this cleanser. Gets rid of all the makeup and gunk without drying the skin. It is a great product, you should try it, you'll like it.