Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 12/3/2008 6:52:00 PM

Pros:

-Doesn't flake
-Lets me build volume without being clumpy

Cons:

-I had a probelm with the mascara wand detaching from the tube for a while but seems to be ok now

Overall its not the most amazing mascara ever but I'm going to keep buying it because flaking is normally a major issue for me.

on 12/2/2008 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The bright packaging is what grabbed me, I really liked it, the name was intriguing, and I bought one.
I got it at Wal-Mart for 7.50 in Glam Black. I normally prefer brown-black or Aubergine in mascara, but all that is offered is black, so black it was.
Opening the tube, the scent is roses. I am not a teenager, so I remember back when good cosmetics houses scented their products. (Chanel, anyone? They are who started the rose scented products.)
When I got home, I read the back of the package. It reads that you should apply all of the coats that you are going to use at once and not wait for the mascara to dry between coats. I thought that was interesting and different, and I did so. The feel of the mascara was different than others that I have used. I applied very carefully, leaned over a sink in the restroom. When I was done, I leaned back and looked at both eyes and I was pleasantly surprised. My eyelashes really looked high volume.
I have not had the flaking problems that many here are talking about, but I wonder how many read the directions and are doing the application wrong, so they are sabotaging their own beauty!
I would buy this again, and recently, when I was at Wal-Mart, they had a BOGO, so I stocked up.
Good job, Maybelline!

on 12/2/2008 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ive bought this Mascara in Glam Black. Its not my HG (YSL Effet faux cils is) but its a pretty good Mascara especially for the price im on a budget this month lol. A few coats give me good volume and lenght and i really like the brush. No clumping, flaking or smudging on me.
The scent smells like honey to me but it doesnt bother me since i can only smell it when im sniffing on my tube and i dont do that often :o)
another plus it didnt irritate my eyes. A great Drugstore Mascara and i will buy it again when i dont wanna shell out $$ for YSL
UPDATE: Bought another tube because i dont wanna run out ...great mascara ...as good as YSL but alot cheaper so this could become my new HG
UPDATE: Colossal is now my new HG i get the false lashes look with 5 coats . Glam Black is a true black (not grey). Lashes dont get stiff, no clumping, almost no flaking. Smell ----> i kinda like it. Price is great its so cheap compared to high end Mascaras.

on 12/1/2008 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

After a dreadful first-time appointment with a highly recommended stylist, I found myself waiting for my ride so I stopped in the local CVS Pharmacy to pass the time. I engaged one of my major loves "browsing through the cosmetics section" & noticed 1 mascara left so I was instantly intrigued! I'd seen the commercials & ads but I'm rarely ever swayed by an ad but this massive display with only 1 mascara left caused me to grab it immediately. I loved it at first - no sting, no redness - no clumps - lightweight application - fab brush BUT then shortly after, it dried out & was difficult to apply. So, maybe I got a bad batch but I don't think I'll be purchasing this again.

on 12/1/2008 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This was five bucks at Walmart so I decided to give it a try. Allure gave it a good review. The formula went on nice and I didn't get clumps. I didn't get much volume, either. Voluminous gave me much more. Coats later I still didn't have lashes I like to wear out. I gave up and went about my day. By the end of the day, I had black smudges under my eyes. I have since tried this mascara under my Telescopic Clean Definition and I don't get smudges anymore, but I can get the same effect with a few coats of telescopic. No repurchasing for me.

on 12/1/2008 5:35:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I hated this Mascara. I don't like the formula or the wand. It turned my lashes brittle and they broke. This has a flat color when it dries. I would never purchase this again. I used it once and I am throwing it away.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This mascara is alright. It makes my lashes fairly thick and 'voluminous', length is alright. Overall, it didnt really do much for my eyes but make them a bit thicker. The brush also gets alot of mascara on it and I always get it in my eye when I try to get it close to my lash line - not cool.
The yellow tube is cute, easy packaging, no complains there.
Price is good. $8 bucks is cheap.

I probably wont buy this mascara again.

on 11/27/2008 7:43:00 PM

I just bought this and I put it on right away.So far I love it.I have round eyes and to my surprise this mascara( due to the brush, I guess) give my eyes a oval/pointed look, which I'm liking.My overall rating is a 4 and a half!! The only thing I don not like is the smell.

on 11/27/2008 3:00:00 PM

After reading great hype from across the pond I have been waiting ages for this to come to the UK. Yesterday I happened to walk past superdrug when I spotted a big yellow and purple promotional stand, I couldn't believe it had finally come, so of course I bought it immediately.

To the product review: I really like this mascara, my usual mascara would be Bourjois Clubbing or Masterpiece Max, but this masc just does a few jobs in one. I have fair and short wispy lashes but this mascara builds them without clumping and I don't mind the smell, I think it's quite nice!
The formula really reminds me of Bourjois as it seems quite vinyl-ish. Yeah cons are that this does flake and settle under the eyes but for me that's after a long day at Uni where I catch up with my appearance every so often so it's no bother. I really like this and best of all it is so comfortable to wear, soft feeling and light. : ) 5/5

on 11/26/2008 4:31:00 PM

I'm ok with this mascara. I think it does give quite a bit of volume but it's defnitely not the best one. I still think Max Factor's 2000 calorie is the best for length and volume. I'll keep using it but probably won't repurchase.