November 23, 2014 | 1566 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2008 2:22:00 AM More reviews by abs0lutelyfab

This mascara did everything that I expected of it. It gives a sick amount of lengthening, and it has a good bit of volumizing power. I usually never coat my bottom lashes, and after I saw myself in a photo after I had done so, I can say, without ego, that the result was gorgeous. This mascara doesn't clump, and the brush is generous and lush. My lashes stay soft; the product doesn't flake (yay!), and it's easy to remove with makeup remover.

I was initially drawn to the packaging. The vivid yellow and metallic purple is alluring. Maybelline, way to recover yourself in my opinion after that dreadful Great Lash. Bravo.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 12:02:00 AM More reviews by birdmadgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is trying really hard to be Lash Blast, but it fails in a big way.

It's just a mediocre mascara (that flakes like crazy on me). The tube is ugly. The brush is nothing special. And it stinks. It smells like dusty chocolate. Why does mascara need to be scented?!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 8:36:00 PM More reviews by VintageAmbition

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great drugstore mascara: comparable to the Lash Blast.

P.S. You can apply 1-2 at the most. Don't attempt more than that.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Vixen7

Really unique tube, it's bright screaming yellow. Goes on easlily for me, with a classic bristle brush, which I prefer.
(not the comb or the plastic spike things they're promoting now) Fullness is OK and the definition is great. I don't mind the smell, it reminds me of lilacs. Still I can see how this could be an annoyance for some.
A good alternative to my fav, Maybelline Full and Soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by MES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The volume isn't anything spectacular, but it gives really good definition. The smell to me was very strong, very flowery, I smelled it an hour after I applied. 9-10 hours later, no flakes, so thats a plus.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2008 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Stepha3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've never had a mascara that blew me away, but this one came close. It goes on smooth, but it didn't give me the length I was hoping for. The smell is okay, but it's not horrible nor amazing.

I'm almost thinking about using my LashBlast brush with this mascara. I wonder how that'd turn out... : P

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by XmegadethfanX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Green

I saw the advertisment on television and decided to give it a try. I already owned LashBlast so I thought it would be fun to do a comparison. I was really excited when I got home and put it on, and I was not dissaponted... So far this is my favorite mascara.(haven't tried high end brands...Only a teen..:() I like this better than LashBlast, but I found when I layered the two I have crazy eyelashes that are so nice... Oh I almost forgot...The smell...I actually enjoy it... To me it smells like roses!!
Pros:Rich Black Color
Volumizes
Lengthens
No Flaking
No Clumping(I find that shocking)
Smooth Application
Cons:Brush is big,but I've gotten used to it...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Simplicity310

What a pleasant surprise?! I am a mascara junkie from my beloved YSL faux cils, to Lancome, Dior, MAC, Loreal...I think I've tried them all. I thought Full & Soft was decent but this gives the extra wow factor I was looking for...good volume and length not as great as YSL but considering the economy...this is just puuuuuuurfect!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2008 1:07:00 PM More reviews by abercrombie856

This product is my new favorite mascara. When I heard about how well this mascara worked, I was a little skeptical because I've also tried lashblast which wasnt a very volumizing product. I decided to try this mascara anyway, and I'm happy I did. It's very volumizing and it doesnt clump unless you coat it too much. A con is that it can give you crusty, spidery lashes if you put too many coats on. But otherwise, It really makes your eyelashes pop and I love it. This mascara is one of the best mascaras I ever had and is worth buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2008 1:23:00 AM More reviews by pullum_purna

AT 1st when I bought it I was so.... Happy w/ da results. I came here 1st b4 buying it.

PRO: it can look like fake eyelashes if u curl it lots, does separate the lashes adequately, formula wipes off w/ water, inexpensive,

CON: flakes after svrl hrs, smells, formula can get into eyes & string substance forms inside eyes (I dn't kno if that makes sense, but that often happens w/ some certain mascara's), separates but clumps at the same time (uneven application).

Overall for the price & everything this mascara is worth buying. Better than Lash Blast.