October 24, 2014 | 1421 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2006 2:21:00 PM More reviews by platinumrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After using Prescriptives Custom Blend for 20 years (I am a hard color match) I went into MAC with my daughter and love this foundation. Not only is the color perfect but the coverage is perfect. Thank you MAC for saving me money!!!! With this product I am now saving so much money not having to be custom blended.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2006 3:25:00 PM More reviews by pkbamara

I start using it after i returned the other studio fix foundation from MAC the one which comes n a tube because i got some serious acne from it.
This one doesn't give me really good looking skin as the other one did but at least not the same acne also.
i wear this foundation only once in a while and i always noticed few pimple after this which not as bad as 3,4 months of acne which i received from the other one.
i mix it with clinique's DDML before applying it on my skin and because i that i got very easy application. Some times i look flaky but usually i am fine with this product.
It’s not world's best foundation but since it match with my skin well i think i will buy it again but not because of the quality because of the match.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2006 3:20:00 PM More reviews by pkbamara

it was my first foundation that i got as a gift and i loved the way it made my skin looked fresh and healthy but after few days i started to nottice pimples on my skin and after that i had 3,4 horrible months of red, flacky pimpled skin.
i hate this product

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2006 3:47:00 PM More reviews by DubsBelle

UPDATE: Feb/14/08 I have officially given up on MAC foundations. Yuck yuck yuck. I guess I was in denial that this *wasn't* breaking me out, but I eventually came to my senses. I have tried, MAC's select foundation, face & body, studio fix compact, and studio fix fluid- ALL caused me to break out. I have found a better match in Makeup Forever's Mat Velvet+ which holds up to my oily skin much, much better, looks 10x more natural and doesn't break me out. S'long MAC foundations!

Color: Warm, Asian Skin tone, medium-golden-light
Foundations I have tried: (NC40)Mac, 80 contour (Chanel), Medium Beige/summer intensive (Everyday Minerals), 060 (Shiseido), Golden Beige (Laura Mercier), Lancome Tient Idole, Estee Lauder Double wear

I've tried many foundations but I always go back to my beloved MAC. I can't find any other foundation that covers just the right amount, gives me a perfect color match and has a GREAT price tag. MAC does all this and more. Before using Studio Fix Fluid, I used Select SPF 15 liquid. But I love this WAY more!
PROS:

- A little goes a long way

- Covers marks well with just a tiny amount

- Finish looks natural

- Matte but not deathly matte

- TRUE velvety, smooth, airbrushed look

- Holds up to sweat longer than most MAC liquid foundations

- Doesn't melt off like other MAC foundations

- Hasn't broken me out (my skin is sensitive)

- Affordable for the higher end foundations

CONS:

- Needs to come with a pump

- Definitely not transfer/smudge resistant

I LOVE IT! By the way...ANY foundation can look cakey if applied the wrong way. Apply this in LAYERS (sponge). GREAT results! Definitely the BEST MAC liquid foundation thus far :)

continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2006 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Merryn

Slightly above average foundation. Good range of colours to find a match but this formula is slightly darker than their other foundations. For a matte foundation it should wear better, on me this starts to look a bit weary at the 6hour mark with primer. Can be a bit chalky. This is meant to be a full coverage foundation, and covers any blemishes well. I haven't worn this much, but I haven't noticed any breakouts from it. There are better foundations out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2006 8:46:00 AM More reviews by sillyme135

I recently recovered from breakouts over my cheeks and jaw which left behind lots of acne marks. This foundation has really good coverage, and doesn't look cakey. Natural looking. Hasn't broke me out yet, and hope it doesn't !

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2006 10:28:00 PM More reviews by pn2108

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well...the shade was great (NC42) however for a liquid foundation it felt cakey, tight and rubbed off pretty quickly. (all over some of my clothes!) I have combo skin and saw surprised with these results given the ratings it's gotten. This is the 2nd time I have given this one a shot....I will not buy again and will probably just keep this foundation around as a back up- guess i'm going back to NARS oil-free or Lancome's dual finish powder makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2006 4:51:00 PM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am in love with this foundation. It is a bit thick and if I don't want so much coverage, I mix it w/ some Wet & Wild shimmer fluid in St. Tropez. Makes it not quite so matte or thick. 2 complaints, but they aren't enough to make me stop using it- 1) it has a funny chemical smell. Ew. 2) It's really thick so it should come w/ a pump. I know you can buy pumps for them but not at my counter. :/ This stuff stays on through migraine induced naps. Keeps the rest of my makeup in place, too. EDIT: is now January and my skin is in GREAT shape. I mix this w/ Wet & Wild St. Tropez liquid illuminator to sheer it out a bit and make it not quite so matte. I'm moving to my 2nd bottle. That's rare for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2006 7:10:00 AM More reviews by Lolliebollie

This is the first MAC foundation I've bought and I'm very pleased with it!
I've been reading all the reviews and was a bit hesitant because some people said it's very thick and causes many breakouts. When I went to my nearest MAC counter and asked for Studio fix, the SA also said it's very thick and you only have little time to apply it before it dries. But when he applied it to my face, it felt quite good and I was satisfied with its color (NW25) which matches my skintone very well.

About its thickness: I always used to buy Clinique superbalanced makeup and I thought that foundation was a lot thicker than MAC studio fix. I always put my moisturizer on right before I apply my foundation; this makes applying it evenly a lot better.

You can also buy a pump dispenser - which I did - and I'm very pleased with this tool as well. I only need to pump 1 1/2 times and this is enough for my face and neck.

It has a matte finish, covers up redness and imperfections like a charm and has a long staying/lasting power. Definately recommended!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2006 9:14:00 PM More reviews by LawyerBarbie1

Not in a million years would I ever buy this again...

I decided to try it after Revlon colorstay chnaged their formula. I have friends who use it so I figured it couldn't hurt and I wanted something for some events I had that weel. That was the worst mistake of my life as I am still trying to fade scars from the breakouts ALL over my chin, cheeks and forehead that this caused. Not only that, but in photographs I took the week that I used it, I look like Casper the friendly ghost.

I have combination skin but I don't normally have issues with excessive acne, but this changed everything and cost me about 200 dollars in facials just to get my skin back to normal(though I'm still very scarred)...I woke up every morning wanting to cry, so never ever again. Now I use Estee Lauder Double Wear and I'm MUCH happier! Its my HG...