December 21, 2014 | 1616 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2003 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Feisty4942

I like this cleanser. I can't say it's the best cleanser I've ever tried, but it does the job. I love how it effortlessly removes my makeup. It just comes off quick and clean. The cleanser doesn't leave any sort of residue on my face. I think if you follow this with a good moisturizer, you'll enjoy it. A few times I skipped the moisturizer and my skin was pretty dry and uneven the next day.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2003 1:43:00 PM More reviews by tokyorose

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I also received this as part of the Here Comes the Bride gift set. While it does remove every bit of makeup, it left my combo (normal/oily) skin feeling quite dry and tight afterwards. I used it for about a week, during which time I noticed my skin getting progessively blotchier with some quite pronounced red patches. I put it away for a while and then recently took it out again; the same thing happened. I can see this product working well for someone with thicker, oily skin, particularly someone in their teens or twenties; but this one just didn't agree with my somewhat senstive thirty-something skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2003 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Cipal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my cleansers that I use to wash my face. There is a slight scent to it, but it doesn't bother me at all. It takes all of my make-up off and cleanses my skin. After I rinse and pat dry my skin feels soft and smooth and it feels clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2003 7:11:00 PM More reviews by KioraNZ

Nice cleanser and toner in one. Not too foamy, but just enough. Leaves my face a little moisturized but not tight. I only wish it had a smaller hole in the lid so that too much wouldn't come out at once. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2003 4:56:00 AM More reviews by mithril

Other then Kiehls, this is my favourite cleanser to use. It does everything a cleanser should do without using all the commercial crap most cleansers have in them. It gets rid of all makeup (Minus a little waterproof mascara), clears the pores of dirt and debris and restores the PH of the skin.
All this in an easy to use 'squeezy' bottle. Oh, and it smells delicious too!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2003 1:49:00 AM More reviews by steph1080

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Excellent for gently removing makeup, even mascara. You don't even really have to scrub, just leave it on for a couple of seconds. Unfortunately, it's too harsh for my sensitive skin. It would probably be great for those with normal skin though. I have a couple of friends who swear by this stuff and I can see why, it's just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2003 6:05:00 PM More reviews by k8folly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great cleanser that removes all makeup and dirt, but doesn't strip the skin. I am combo/sensitive, and this does the trick for me. I foams a little, if you add a few drops of water to it...and I really like the way it smells. Great product. The only improvement would be a pump bottle. Love this cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2003 6:58:00 PM More reviews by mashimaru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When it comes to cleansers, I've tried dozens, both drugstore and department store brands. But so far, this one is the best!
It's pretty gentle - it's not as gentle as Cetaphil (nothing really is) - but it has never dried me out or irritated my skin. And it really "emulsifies" the dirt/grime and cuts through oil. When I use it, it feels like the makeup and dirt just melts away. The best part is that it's clean-rinsing without causing any dryness - no film or residue.
It's the perfect balance - very clean but also very gentle. I keep coming back to this, because it just works. Definitely a HG for me. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2003 4:40:00 AM More reviews by Feigen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Too harsh and drying for my sensitive skin and it stung my eyes like crazy!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2003 1:50:00 AM More reviews by pigpen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I kind of like this cleanser. I got a 60ml bottle of it from swap and this stuff makes me feel it mild. I brought this with me to a 30 day trip and it worked great washing off my makeup. It doesn't really lather a lot but I still feel good using it, especially in those days I have heavy makeup on that I think I need double cleansing. However it takes no part in my regular skincare routine as I found something better in terms of cleansing power than this. Will buy it again.