Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 12/14/2003 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample of this and the first thing I noticed was the smell. Personally, it smells like a wet dog to me. I used it anyway and then I followed with Hope in a Jar moisturizer sample. At first I didn't think it was that great and it made my skin feel weird, kind of tingly. So I ended up taking a nap and when I woke up I was floored when I saw myself in the mirror. I swear to god, all my pores were gone! My skin had no redness and I finally got my baby poreless skin back. I don't know why it worked so well for me but I love it and now I'm planning on ordering one of the skincare sets. This is definitely a miracle cleanser for me.

UPDATE: I've been using the Philosophy Jump Starters kit now for almost a month and I can honestly say that my skin has improved. The redness I had has been reduced and no more flaky patches. My skin still looks poreless and it's so soft! This is definitely a good set for me. I'm so glad I tried it.

on 12/10/2003 4:04:00 PM

I received the Purity cleanser in a TSV from QVC. It's okay, but I wouldn't buy it because it costs $16 which is outrageous! I can buy the Walmart equivalent of Cetaphil for around $4 and it works just as well as the Purity. Like most name brand cleansers, to me, you're paying for all the hype and advertising and it's not worth it.

on 12/8/2003 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was given this as a gift & was really iffy about it at first. The smell put me off, & the consistency is so different from the super foaming cleansers I regularly use(for my blemish prone skin). Well, after using this a few times, I'm hooked. This leaves my face feeling really soft & smooth. It has helped my skin & I don't even notice the smell now. I just purchased the large 16oz. bottle from Sephora. Won't be using another cleanser anytime soon.

on 12/5/2003 4:08:00 PM

I only use foaming cleansers and this is the only non foaming one that I really like a lot. Some may find the scent weird but I don't think it's bad personally - I like it (herbal). I don't think it's supposed to perform any miracles but it never broke me out, cleanses my face perfectly and the only thing that may be a turn off is the price. There are more expensive cleasners out there but still, this one should be a bit cheaper.

on 12/4/2003 8:27:00 AM

Great cleanser. Cleans very well but leaves skin soft and not tight (every cleanser I've tried always usually leaves me feeling tight). I got this as a sample, and would purchase if it wasnt as expensive!

on 12/3/2003 11:15:00 AM

After being disappointed by Cetaphil, I was wary about using this because it kinda sorta looks like Cetaphil. But an SA gave me a sample, so I gave it a try and major thumbs-up!
It claims to "emulsify" the dirt/grime, and that's what it really seems to do. When I use it, it feels like the makeup and dirt just melts away. It doesn't leave behind any film or residue, either.
It's gentle, and gets my face really clean. I've been using this for over a year now, at least twice a day, every day, and it's been perfect! Not crazy about the packaging (functional, but feels cheap), while the cleanser itself is not cheap - but the 16 oz. bottle ($32) lasts me a good 5-6 months. Definitely a HG for me! continued >>

on 11/29/2003 1:51:00 PM

I dont know if Id buy this product again...it was kind of expensive and didnt really do anything, but it made my face feel soft and surprisingly a huge pimple on my face went away in a snap overnight. I was pretty happy.

on 11/26/2003 1:18:00 PM

I quite like this cleanser, although it doesn't do any miracles. I think it is very expensive, although I was able to buy a large, 32 oz. bottle of this for $40 last summer at Nordstrom's anniversary. Otherwise, a 16 oz bottle retails for $32. I might buy it again.

on 11/21/2003 2:35:00 PM

on 11/18/2003 12:58:00 PM

This is my HG cleanser. I used to have about 5 different brands that I would switch around with all the time until I saw the founder of Philosophy on QVC. Since then I have used nothing but the cleanser, moisturizer and eye creme and my skin has never looked better. Her promise of "makeup optional skin" after continued use is true. I wet my face, apply the cleanser and can scrub it around my eyes and eyelashes and it takes off all but my most stubborn liners. Skin feels great when rinsed. I would recommend this cleanser to anyone looking for a great, mild cleanser.