October 1, 2014 | 1269 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2003 2:01:00 PM More reviews by sarahlittlecutie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this cleanser but it isnt a HG or a fave. I have found the best way for me to get this to work is to aplly and massage into my face, wait a minute for it to get to work dissolving the makeup and then remove with cotton pads soaked in warm water. It takes longer than other cleansing methods which is why i gave it less lippies but it does get my skin really clean. It is not so good with mascara though, although great with eyeliner and eyeshadow.

It does have a somewhat sticky but thin consistency but you get used to it.

The packaging is cute as is all philosophy packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2003 10:13:00 PM More reviews by LuvaofMU

I got this product on QVC packaged with other Philosophy skin care products. This is now my holy grail of cleansers. I usually use Dove but I like the convenience of the bottle and I find it to be moisturizing. This product can be purchased at Sephora.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2003 12:06:00 AM More reviews by NYgirl

I couldn't remove all of my make-up with this and it left my face feeling a bit slimy and filmy. I think it is what caused me to breakout as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2002 10:15:00 PM More reviews by sedge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think the main reason I have so many lingering little tubs and bottles from Philosophy is the packaging. For some reason, when I had money to burn, those $30.00 little tubs seemed -- chic. Now, I get angry when I think about the time I poured into gathering my selections of Phil. fun. This particular product does less of a thorough job than other gentle cleansers (Cetaphil comes to mind, obviously, as do the Sage products). It doesn't have an overpowering pleasant scent, just a kind of stuffy, slightly fruity waft. It has a nice texture, but that's it. Plus a little does not go a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2002 1:01:00 PM More reviews by eiluj44

This is just a perfectly balanced, effective but gentle facial cleanser. I love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2002 11:40:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this from Sephora and it made my skin break out very badly. Too bad because I was really excited to test it out after hearing all the raves.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2002 8:43:00 PM More reviews by CarolynF

I am still floored that I have read reviews where ladies say this did not clean their skin. I politely disagree! I went shopping all day and came home with a full face of make-up and used this for the first time. I used my toner, as usual, after I cleansed and there was barely any kind of trace of ANYTHING on my cotton ball. I love the scent as well. Reminds me of when I used to go for facials every month and the wonderful products that the esthetician used on my face. Seriously, this cleanser rocks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2002 7:23:00 PM More reviews by jenvince

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried a sample size of this. It's all right, not a favorite for me. It's very, very gentle - I can definitely understand how a lot of the girls here like it. I don't have sensitive skin, so I look for a stronger cleanser, as I wear a full face of makeup everyday. With this one, after cleansing with it, there was still makeup on the cotton ball after I swiped with toner. This cleanser didn't "clean" my face completely. If you need a gentle cleanser and wear little to no makeup - this would be a good cleanser for you. I personally just need something a little more heavy duty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2002 7:02:00 AM More reviews by mashimaru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After being disappointed by Cetaphil, I was wary about using this because it kinda sorta looks like Cetaphil. But an SA gave me a sample, so I gave it a try and major thumbs-up!
It claims to "emulsify" the dirt/grime, and that's what it really seems to do. When I use it, it feels like the makeup and dirt just melts away. It doesn't leave behind any film or residue, either.
It's gentle, and gets my face really clean. A new staple in my bathroom cabinet! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2002 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Colleen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser. It is gentle, yet it removes my eye makeup. It leaves my skin feeling clean, but not tight. A great cleaser to use during the colder months.