Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 9/27/2003 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have already repurchased this Cleanser a couple of times. I even keep a bottle in the shower and one on the sink. This is the absolute best cleanser. I have very dry sensitive skin and this removes all the dirt, oil and make up and leaves my face feeling cleaner than clean and so refreshed. It does not make my skin feel tight like so many other cleansers do. It even removes all of my mascara with ease and is so gentle I am not afraid to use it around my eyes. I am not sure what is in it that makes it work so much better than everything else I have tried but I don't care - just never discontinue or reformulate it - please!!!

on 9/26/2003 9:56:00 PM

My favorite cleanser. Purity works so well, It makes my face so soft and clean. I also use it to remove my eye makeup. Its very gentle.

on 9/25/2003 1:33:00 AM

Okay, one word, L-O-V-E. I am a ballet dancer and perform on stage quite a bit. I put on sooo much cakey, greasy, makeup (one of the downsides of the stage, lol). Whatever I do I can NEVER get all of the makeup one hundred percent off of my face...then came this product!! Amazing! It not only refreshes, moisturizes, and smells great on my skin, it DISSOLVES makeup on contact! This is my staple cleanser and will never leave my costume bag! Even after continuous use, it seems as though my skin is a bit less aggrivated and "zitty"! HAH. love it, try it out, it got rid of the POUNDS of makeup on my face, it will do wonders for yours ;-)

on 9/24/2003 12:13:00 PM

This is my grail cleanser. I have not been able to find anything that works as well as this.

on 9/23/2003 6:00:00 PM

This has become my favorite cleanser; it does not foam - it's very creamy instead - so this would not be a good choice for someone who prefers the sqeaky-clean feel you get from foams or gels. But if you are used to cream cleansers, this is a great choice.

My skin is acne-prone, but not oily; it tends to get dehydrated. This product cleans thoroughly but gently. Since I've been using it, my skin is clear & not flaky at all. (which could also be because I'm not using toner. who knows.)

The packaging is not so great, but Nordstrom had a huge bottle of this with a pump dispenser for their anniversary, and I love it. Hope they make that the regular packaging!

on 9/20/2003 12:44:00 AM

Not a great product. It's okay, but isn't amazing. It's somewhat drying, and really isn't special. I'm never going to purchase this again cause I don't think it's worth it.

on 9/15/2003 11:17:00 AM

This cleanser is soft and gentle and leaves my face feeling silky smooth. Excellent breakout preventer. I almost never breakout anymore!

on 9/11/2003 10:08:00 PM

I love this stuff. It does what it is suppose to do. It leaves my skin clean - really, sqeaky clean - but not too dry. My skin has improved dramatically since I have been using this. I have almost completely stopped breaking out. I use this, hope in a jar, and their micro scrub (greatest something). The combo makes my skin look the best it ever has. When I stray from this, my skin breaks out, when I use it my skin clears up. It is my HG.

on 9/4/2003 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I received a sample of this, and did not like the smell. Other than that, it did a decent job of cleansing. I would not buy this - I prefer a foaming cleanser, and one that smells good.

on 8/28/2003 12:20:00 PM

This cleans well and feels so gentle on my skin. But I do miss the foaming action of other cleansers and you have to use a rather large amount to clean well with this. UPDATE: I got over the fact that this doesn't foam and now I don't know if I can live without it.