November 23, 2014 | 1934 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2008 11:58:00 AM More reviews by ef604

This is an ok mascara, in which it does lenthen and gives a bit of volume. The packaging is cute, and like the other reviewer mentioned it makes it easy to find in your make up case. The problem? This mascara flakes. In about 4 hours, you are left with a bunch of black dots under your eyes. Would I repurchase? No, as I think there are better options for the same price out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 9:29:00 AM More reviews by 8ball

Despite the raves, I've hated every Maybelline mascara I tried (Great Lash, Full n Soft, etc). I've been using Cargo Texas Lash, a tubing mascara costing $20 (which I love) and MAC Zoomlash, a non-fiberous mascara ($13) which I also love. Then I saw pictures here on MUA of people wearing Colossal mascara and I caved in to curiosity. I'm glad I did. Colossal makes me look like I have thick, beautiful, curled lashes. It's not fiber-y looking. It doesn't flake or make racoon eyes, and lasts all day. If there is any drawback, it's that I have to apply 4-5 coats to get the look I want. My tube is new and usually new mascaras are thin in consistency, so I'll wait to see if I don't have to apply so many in the future. They have two black colors - Glam Black and Classic Black. I don't know the difference. I got BOGO free at CVS so I bought one of each. I'm using Glam Black now and love it. And for the price, when it's on sale I can buy 6 Colossals for every Texas Lash! Try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2008 11:03:00 PM More reviews by htownpnai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The colors of the tube of this mascara totally got me! I love the bright yellow and purple! Well I got this at Walmart as a 2 for 1 deal for about $5.96 plus I had a $1 off Maybelline mascara coupon, so I thought, get I got 2 mascaras for $5. This does have a really weird gross smell, but I got over it, because I mainly smelled it when applying it, once it was on I didn't smell it anymore. This mascara does wonders for my dinky asian lashes! I absolutely love the formula/brush of this mascara! It smells horrible, but works like magic for me!! I will definitely but this again once I run out of my 2 tubes!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2008 9:18:00 PM More reviews by devrim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had a chance to try it just for a couple of days only. Because the ring that's supposed to clear the extra mascara on the brsuh while you're taking it out fell off in just a few days. But I would write a bad review anyway... The tube is too bulky, the mascara clamps badly, it smells weird, has nothing to do with adding volume, etc. Don't waste your money on this...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2008 11:55:00 AM More reviews by annieway

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm pretty picky when it comes to mascara simply cuz I seem to have problems finding stuff that I really like. Well, I tried this after asking one of my girlfriends what her secret to her killer lashes was. I have very long lashes that seem to get more "weighed down" by most mascaras. I was pretty impressed with how little of this that I actually needed to get the look I wanted and no clumping, either! I like this and will continue to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by nell_daisy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The bright yellow tube definitely caught my eye. I have tried virtually every Maybelline mascara, so far the Full & Soft being my favorite. I like this just as much, if not more. Colossal offers more volume than F&S and gives more length. The only downfall is that it clumps easier. Just make sure you don't over-do it. One coat is enough. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 9:06:00 PM More reviews by KimmmmmmiK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this at WALMART at $5.88 buy one get one free! I love this. I have to apply 3 coats to get the effect I want, but it's great so far!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2008 1:50:00 PM More reviews by utopiancity

I was really excited to try this product because Maybelline usually makes pretty good mascaras. The first time I used it, I was pretty amazed - it definitely delivered the volume it promised. But it clumps like crazy... I had to use another mascara brush to brush out my lashes and get rid of the clumps. I like the smell, it smells like flowers. I don't mind the design of the tube, there are too many black tubes anyway!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2008 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Borovichka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I loved the mascara, it really does give you that full look, however, the packaging is bad, like really bad!! It broke after I used it just 3 times. Will not buy it again, it is not worth the money if they can't get the tube right.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 10:48:00 AM More reviews by taralynn36

I really wish I could say I would buy this again because as a mascara it was fantastic. I really loved the brush and the formula. But, like the previous Volum Express mascaras I've bought, the tube broke on me. The little part that helps swipe off the excess mascara came off. That's like the third time that's happened with Volum Express. I'd like to know if anyone else has that problem.
*EDIT* I've since repurchased this numerous times and never had that problem again. My HG mascara now.