Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 11/22/2008 12:06:00 PM

im all about trying out new mascaras, and i happened upon this a while back and just now am getting around to reviewing...first off, my lashes are black, long, but not super long, and rather full...i normally like the rubber bristles mascara wands, but like i said, wanted to try out this new mascara...the wand is very bristle'y...bushy...as soon as i saw it i figured itd give me flakey lashes...and it did. it gives the look of big bushy false lashes, but in a bad way...this flakes badly and looks very dry on the lashes.

on 11/22/2008 4:18:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had really high hopes for this mascara! I really like the colors of the tube...and that's pretty much it! The smell is so weird, its indescribable...maybe its the collagen. They claim all you need is one coat--that's a lie! More like 3. I won't buy this again.

on 11/21/2008 4:38:00 PM

We all want longer eyelashes...sure...but this product is the equal to Cover Girl Lash Blast. Its holdes the lashes up for a long period of time...full and curled...but the one thing I cant stand is the SMELL! UGGHH!!! It lingers for a few hours...and then dies out! Cant put my finger on exactly what it smells like...but if I had to choose the this over the CoverGirl...I would go with the Last Blast. Sorry Maybelline!

on 11/21/2008 4:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a good quality DS mascara. I got this in Glam Black, not sure if its darker thank the regular Black. There is a scent to the mascara, chemically at first but then I pinpointed the fragrance and its smells like honey--yummy. Not as bad as Besames--yucky!

on 11/20/2008 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I don't know about some of you, but I love the smell of this mascara--like a rose. I like perfumed makeup, very old school. Anyway, I have short, lashes and this dramatically lengthens and volumizes(without looking clumpy). I need about two to three coats to get it perfect. Much better than lash blast

on 11/20/2008 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Alright I never liked maybelline mascaras but I thought, that one must be good! But unfortunatly, it isn't.
- The smell is horrible, I smell it trough the day
-Doens't give much volume, unless I put on like 5 or 6 coats!
-It flakes a little bit.. but what do you want after 6 coats :P

BUT it doens't smudge ( okay well it does, but not much!) And If you just want a natural look, this mascara is good enough for that.
But for 13 euro, there are way better mascaras to get. I definitly won't buy again.

on 11/19/2008 10:47:00 PM

This is a good alternative to my lashblast, but it does make lashes hard & the smell is like a bad chemical smell. Although, it does make lashes long and like I said, a good DS alternative compared to my HG.

on 11/19/2008 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have thick lashes but I feel like they don't have that "umpf"they need. One day while driving to work I looked in my visor mirror and realized I forgot mascara! I had to stop at CVS anyway, so I picked up the Maybelline Colossal Volum Express in Glam Black. I am really happy with this mascara, it works great for me and I think it's great competiton for my Benefit Bad Girl mascara which I use frequently.

on 11/18/2008 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not sure what horrible smell some other reviewers are talking about; maybe I'm just immune to it. Anyway, everytime I use this mascara I get at least one compliment on my eyelashes. It's pretty good for the price & great for volume. I'll def buy again.

on 11/18/2008 10:08:00 AM

I have actually bought this 3 times but no more. At first I thought I had found my new favorite mascara. But after the first 2 tubes I started to realize that it wasn't working for me. Strong smell that does fade. Last tube and a half gave me racoon eyes and flaking that irritated my eyes.