November 23, 2014 | 1963 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2007 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I liked the coverage that I got with this product, but it caused me to break out, more and more after each use. Also I found the chemical smell of it, to be annoying too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2007 10:52:00 AM More reviews by ShoppingMommy

Love this! I had just about given up on MAC foundations as they all gave me cystic pimples. However, when this came out I had to try it because I loved the Studio Fix until it broke me out. I was pleasantly surprised how natural this looked on me and I found a shade that actually suited my skin really well (NW20). I have been using it for nearly 6 months and repurchased in my winter color (NW15) which was also a perfect match. It has never caused any reactions and makes my skin look flawless without looking cakey. I will definitely repurchase this as I have not found a foundation that I like better....and I have tried a lot.

i use it with NARS Macchu Picchu powder to set and touch up with MAC Mystery Powder in Medium.

I also purchased the foundation pump and swear by this. I think all MAC foundations should come with a pump as it allows you to use just the right amount which makes the foundation last a lot longer and it prevents a mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2007 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Ilovelippie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation in NC20 which turned out to be too dark and orangey on my skin. I exchanged it for NW15, a tad on the yellow side, but a much closer match. I was so impressed with this foundation that I purchased a second bottle when I finished my first. It has a slip to it that makes it wonderful to apply. It doesn't streak or smear. I have applied it with both a foundation brush and a non-latex sponge and I get the same result: a nice coverage with a soft matte finish. My trick is I apply MAC Studio Finish concealer in NW20 over scars and spots BEFORE I apply the foundation. The end result is the nearest to flawless of any other foundation/concealer combo I have ever tried, and I must say I have tried ALOT. I removed one lippie because this foundation has a tendency to dry my skin out a little bit. In my opinion, that is a small price to pay. I just use a good moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2007 10:58:00 AM More reviews by bittersweet_emily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My new HG foundation! I changed from a dewy foundation as my skin gets too oily in the summer, and this was perfect! It is matte, but not deathly matte. My skin looks flawless with it on, it has excellent coverage. The staying power is incredible! And it doesn't rub off onto my clothes either!

I have bad skin, and it hasn't gotten better or worse after using Studio Fix, to those that have broken out, I suggest using a good make-up remover followed by a toner as this stuff really has staying power! Also use moisturiser and maybe a primer before using it because it can show up dry skin without these.

Only wish it had a better colour range, I have the NC15 but it is too yellow and the NW15 is too orange

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2007 11:27:00 PM More reviews by sahyslop

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation. It glides on and gives you plenty of time to blend no matter what you use...brush, fingers, sponge. The coverage is flexible so that you can apply a little and still get nice coverage or go heavier for more coverage still without looking heavy. This product last all day and doesn't change color for me at all. It has a great natural finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2007 6:50:00 PM More reviews by BrezoFleur

I absolutely love this product. As the reviewer below mentioned, it makes my skin look airbrushed, especially when I have clear skin. I haven't broken out since using this either which is amazing; I've never had a product do that before! It blends nicely and fits my skin tone perfectly. Hurray!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2007 1:49:00 PM More reviews by shezthtgirl

This foundation LOOKS amazing, covers blemishes and will give your complexion a very smooth appearance...HOWEVER if you have acne prone skin, DONT USE IT!! My face has never broken out so badly from a product. I applied it with my MAC 190 foundation brush. I am very careful about washing my face twice a day and I NEVER sleep in my makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2007 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Jhereg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Slightly oily (sometimes dehydrated) NC25, acne prone
I have the studio Fix powder and hate it. looks cakey and breaks me out. I thought I'd try this after rave reviews. I'm C3 in the powder, NC25 in the SFF. I LOVE it.
It manages to give good coverage without loking cakey at all. The finish is satiny to perfection. Not matte, not shimmery or dewy - a perfect satin. I dont use finishing powder over this, but sometimes use a bit of bronzer with a bit of very light shimmer (see my rave for Prescriptives bornzer in Moonlight!) It does requite some touch up on my skin, b/c I'm active and oily and I suppose it's piggy loaded, so it can settle into my CRATER size pores, but after a blot and powder, it's back to perfect. I was shocked, but it does nto break me out at all. It's a bit mattifying. yay.
I dont see this working on skin that's dry. At all.
TIP: I liked it, but i dodnt love it until I applied with a foundation brush then smoothed/buffed VERY gently with a dry sponge. I look totally airbrushed doing this, but it takes both those steps. It's worth the extra minute and a half :-)
If you have oily to combo skin with no flakies and want to cover some stuff, this is for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2007 5:22:00 PM More reviews by lasoltera

Love this stuff, it rocks!! I use NC25 and the color is right on and natural looking. ONly irritating thing is sometimes liquid is hard to run out opening.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2007 3:22:00 PM More reviews by HPgurl2288

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the first non-drug store liquid foundation I bought..so naturally I had great hopes for it. I really wanted something that wouldn't spread off on clothes when trying them on but this failed miserabley. I put on the powder studio fix which was a bit of an improvement but still felt all gooey and cakey mid-day. I MUCH prefer Bare Escentuals foundations/concealers. Plus studio fix liquid made me break out. Will not purchase again.