MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 7/22/2007 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got back from the MAC counter yesterday morning & picked up this foundation. I heard good reviews about this and just had to pick one up.
I tried it on when I got home and OH MY GOD. I never thought that I would find my perfect foundation. But this one is seriously amazing. I have the worst skin ever and have acne all over my face, but wearing this stuff made me feel dead sexy. I'm a NC35 btw.
I still had the foundation through the day and even went to bed with it.
The next morning when I woke up I still had it on! The staying power is just great. The coverage is also great.
My brother who always has to make fun of my face told me how great I looked.

Highly recommended!

on 7/22/2007 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

God, I was so excited when I heard about this. I really wanted to like it because MAC can almost always match my color. This is just way too thick and turns out cakey on my oily skin. I feel like a drag queen wearing it. Plus it costs more than I thought it would. Definitely going back. Maybe if I tried mixing it with moisturizer it would work better but I don't wear moisturizer.

on 7/22/2007 12:19:00 AM

This is an awesome foundation with great staying power w/o looking masky. I am usually NC15 but the MA said that these run very yellow so I ended up with NW15. Perfect! I use it with the MAC foundation brush, which I also love. This stuff has minimal rub-off but is easily removed with Clinique TTDO Balm. Would be better with a pump top, though.

on 7/18/2007 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been acne prone all my life, and i have never been one to spend alot of money on makeup. I have always been insecure about my skin, but when i wear this I feel dead sexy. (other MAC products included with overall look) but i have never had a foundation that i can just put on and really dont have to worry too much about trying to conceal my ance over my foundation. Its made me a more confidant person. i love it!!!

on 7/17/2007 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

As much as I wanted to love this foundation (I paid $27 including tax for it and in my world, that's a lot of money for one bottle of foundation), I just couldn't. I have really oily, acne-prone skin and this foundation probably made my skin worse. My skin was still super oily in the T-zone and slightly "cake-y" on my nose. I believe Studio Fix was also the cause of my "super zit" because the super zit only showed up during the time I used Studio Fix and hasn't show up since I stopped using Studio Fix. It was also too "heavy" for my preference. I prefer a light-weight foundation that has medium coverage. I don't like wearing a mask when I leave the house.

on 7/15/2007 12:18:00 AM

This stuff is like falling in love for the first time lmao. It's perfect and exciting. I have very pale skin and I found the right match. It covers GORGEOUSLY and it manages not to look cakey. It's perfect. <3<3

on 7/14/2007 11:46:00 AM

I went to Nordstroms, looking for something lighter than Studio Tech. Loved how Studio Tech made my skin look flawless...but it seemed a bit much and melted in the heat. The makeup artist suggested applying Studio Fix Fluid in NW 15 with the Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NW 20. Cannot believe how flawless my skin looks. And it stays on the heat and humidity. Normally, I would wear NW 20 in Studio Tech...N4 in Studio Fix. Once upon a time I tried NW 20 in Studio Fix Fluid and it was too dark. Make sure you check the color of this foundation first before you buy...the shades run a touch darker. Overall, I'm very happy with this foundation - I apply it with the foundation brush, but use the 187 to buff it out.

on 7/12/2007 1:12:00 AM

It makes my skin look flawless, but it's still not 5 lippie-worthy. It turns a little pink/orange on me (but not bad), and even the lightest one is still a little bit dark for my skin tone. I keep trying others (Armani, Neutrogena, Dior, Lancome, Revlon, Prescriptives, Clinique, EsteeLauder, mineral, etc), but keep coming back to this one. If it was a teeny tiny bit lighter, and didn't turn a little orange-y it would get 5 lippies.

on 7/11/2007 10:59:00 PM

A very good product for first time foundation wearers. I was amazed at how much better my skin looked when I first tried this on. It is light and easy to apply, however, it can look a bit cakey if you build up the coverage. Overall, I love all MAC products. They are definitely worth the money.

on 7/9/2007 6:44:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I have very pale skin with pinkish undertones. After reading MAC's shade guide, I bought NW15. As soon as I took the bottle out of the box, I could tell it was going to be waaay too orange for me, but I tried a little on my arm just to see how noticeable it would be. It looks like I have a big peach bruise! If you're really pale with pink undertones like me, I would suggest looking elsewhere for a foundation match. I know I'm going to.