August 27, 2014 | 1852 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2006 10:28:00 PM More reviews by pn2108

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well...the shade was great (NC42) however for a liquid foundation it felt cakey, tight and rubbed off pretty quickly. (all over some of my clothes!) I have combo skin and saw surprised with these results given the ratings it's gotten. This is the 2nd time I have given this one a shot....I will not buy again and will probably just keep this foundation around as a back up- guess i'm going back to NARS oil-free or Lancome's dual finish powder makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2006 4:51:00 PM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am in love with this foundation. It is a bit thick and if I don't want so much coverage, I mix it w/ some Wet & Wild shimmer fluid in St. Tropez. Makes it not quite so matte or thick. 2 complaints, but they aren't enough to make me stop using it- 1) it has a funny chemical smell. Ew. 2) It's really thick so it should come w/ a pump. I know you can buy pumps for them but not at my counter. :/ This stuff stays on through migraine induced naps. Keeps the rest of my makeup in place, too. EDIT: is now January and my skin is in GREAT shape. I mix this w/ Wet & Wild St. Tropez liquid illuminator to sheer it out a bit and make it not quite so matte. I'm moving to my 2nd bottle. That's rare for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2006 7:10:00 AM More reviews by Lolliebollie

This is the first MAC foundation I've bought and I'm very pleased with it!
I've been reading all the reviews and was a bit hesitant because some people said it's very thick and causes many breakouts. When I went to my nearest MAC counter and asked for Studio fix, the SA also said it's very thick and you only have little time to apply it before it dries. But when he applied it to my face, it felt quite good and I was satisfied with its color (NW25) which matches my skintone very well.

About its thickness: I always used to buy Clinique superbalanced makeup and I thought that foundation was a lot thicker than MAC studio fix. I always put my moisturizer on right before I apply my foundation; this makes applying it evenly a lot better.

You can also buy a pump dispenser - which I did - and I'm very pleased with this tool as well. I only need to pump 1 1/2 times and this is enough for my face and neck.

It has a matte finish, covers up redness and imperfections like a charm and has a long staying/lasting power. Definately recommended!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2006 9:14:00 PM More reviews by LawyerBarbie1

Not in a million years would I ever buy this again...

I decided to try it after Revlon colorstay chnaged their formula. I have friends who use it so I figured it couldn't hurt and I wanted something for some events I had that weel. That was the worst mistake of my life as I am still trying to fade scars from the breakouts ALL over my chin, cheeks and forehead that this caused. Not only that, but in photographs I took the week that I used it, I look like Casper the friendly ghost.

I have combination skin but I don't normally have issues with excessive acne, but this changed everything and cost me about 200 dollars in facials just to get my skin back to normal(though I'm still very scarred)...I woke up every morning wanting to cry, so never ever again. Now I use Estee Lauder Double Wear and I'm MUCH happier! Its my HG...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2006 6:22:00 PM More reviews by edenzs

WOW. My HG foundation even after two bottles of this stuff. Excellent shades (my skin is impossible to match and NC30 was perfect) and has a great finish. I have many many acne scars and large pores (combination/oily, very acne-prone) and this was truly a miracle product for me. Covered everything (I would say it can be layered to full coverage) without cakiness and didn't break me out, although I think breaking out is a very individual thing when it comes to this foundation. Better than any Prescriptives, Chanel, Dior, Laura Mercier, Stila, BE, Lancome, or Estee Lauder foundations I have tried, and believe me - I've tried many!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2006 7:54:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh WOW I'm in love with this foundation.I have dry skin so fluid foundations are the best for me.I was using my Laneige one for a very long time and it was about time to get a new one.So I headed to the MAC store and asked SA what my shade is.After a couple of trials,she told me I'm NC25 but when I applied it on my face it look incredibly yellowish so that it was like clashing with my natural skin tone.So I asked her to give me the opposite of this (more pink based) which is to be NW20.VOILA! It looks incredibly natural now and covers well-With SF on,my face is not totally matte but not shiny looking either.It hasn't broken me out yet too!Well so far so perfect!I'll keep using this and probably repurchase as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2006 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Westiegirl

This has got to be one of the smoothest looking foundations I have ever used. Great coverage. Yes it is matte, but not that 90's kind of "concrete/drywall" matte that a lot of companies used to produce. Take your time to really look at the color selections, and pester the heck out of the salesperson to give you some samples first. With my combination skin, I blot slightly around 3 hours after application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2006 5:59:00 PM More reviews by sassygirrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in NW 25. The sales associate matched the skin on my neck as I had Clinique Superfit in Champagne on at the time.

Perfect match!

I kept noticing people staring at me when I would suddenly turn. A few commented on my "perfect skin" LOL if they only knew!

I did experience a little break out, (2 pimples) but I am prone to breakout at "that time of the month" so not sure if this is from the makeup or hormones.

Perfect coverage, makes my ruddy skin flawless, and gives me a radiant, matte finish. I have combination oily/dry skin, and this didn't need a touch up like all my other foundations usually do.

I really like this foundation. It works hard to make my skin flawless.

New to the MAC line, this if my first foray into the foundation, but so far I like what I see.

It's worth the money.

If you don't like it, return it. They will credit your card or give you a refund.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2006 8:47:00 AM More reviews by sellyselly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this foundation! It gives a good coverage and smooth finish. For me, it lasts for the whole day. Sometimes, it feels a little thick and sticky though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2006 10:49:00 PM More reviews by brokentrails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a MAC neophyte and loving this product! The MAC ma recommended a perfect shade for me. My skin is oily and I love the fact that this provided me great coverage, evens out my complexion and didn't made me greasy. It's not heavy on the skin, very natural looking, didn't breakout, has SPF, and didn't melt on my skin even when the weather's hot. My only con with this product is that it's a bit expensive but like the MAC ma told me, it's worth it coz it will last me a long time and he was right coz you only need a few drops and voila, flawless looking skin! I would definitely buy this product again.