MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

I took one lippie off for the price and packaging (I prefer squeeze tubes), but beyond that.. I LOVE this foundation! I use it with the Blot Powder, and any of MAC's blushes that I have, plus Fix+ and this stuff stays PUT! It covers beautifully, and doesn't feel heavy or look cakey, but it doesn't look oily either. Perfect. Just perfect! I have some issues blending, but I think that's my brush. I need to invest in the 187, even though I had it before and used it for cheek color and just...HATED it.

on 6/7/2007 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this foundation yesterday and so far, I really like it. The SA/MUA at MAC was really helpful in finding and selecting this for me. I am normally a NC15/NC20 but when she used NW15 in this product on my skin, I was skeptical. I thought the color would look too yellow but alas, when she was done, the color was perfect. The texture is nice, it covers well, but is not too heavy and I like the fact that it is spf 15. I am very pale and burn easily so this is always a plus. I took off one lippie because I wish this came in a pump rather than a screw-off lid.

UPDATE: 10-15-07: I have changed my review from 4 lippies to two because in the 4 months I have used this product,my cheeks have broken out with all these little red bumps. Moreover, my chin is constantly plagued by pimples. I have come to the realization that the cause has to be this foundation. After reading several reviews that state that the foundation caused breakouts, I know for sure it has to be this. I have gone back to my previous foundation to see if my skin gets any better.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this a couple of times in the shade NW15 and it was way too dark for my skin, and quite orangey, which is weird, being that it's supposed to be cool toned. I really wish MAC would come out with some Neutral foundations. Anyway, I liked the coverage, and I loved the feel of the foundation. I applied it with my 187 brush. The only problem is that I don't think it went well with my dry winter skin. I probably wouldn't buy but if the occasion arises I may try a sample again to see if it works well with my summer skin, and I may just get a color match this time. But, I'm not too sure if I'd want to wear this in the heat. So I suppose I'm undecided on this one. Just OK!

on 5/27/2007 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The sunscreen in this is octinoxate. That means that not only does it not protect you from UVA rays, but it actually breaks down any sunscreen with avobenzone and actively damages your skin. DO NOT USE WITH CHEMICAL SUNSCREENS. If you're using physical (zinc oxide or titanium dioxide) you're fine. The product itself is adequate. NW15 matched my pale (though by no means as pale as really pale people) skin pretty well though a little too yellow perhaps, which makes no sense considering that MAC's color selection gives Ws for cool-need warm tones, and Cs for warm, need cool tones. The coverage was quite good. It evened out the redness but did not help with acne scars. I did notice some settling in pores and it may have broken me out. The finish was matte but not excessively so. This is a good foundation that failed on some technicalities. EDIT: I tried it again, and there are a few more things I can point out. First, after a day of wearing this, my skin was the most disgusting oil slick imaginable. Seriously. It was raining during the day. so for a while, I thought I just had rainwater on my face, until I saw that the shine wasn't drying and touched my skin to have my fingers slip on the grease. Very very disgusting. Secondly, the foundation emphasized the flakes on my skin, and it didn't improve with moisturization. Third, by the end of a day of wearing this, I had three new pimples and my old ones were worse. Bottom line: I do not reccomend this at all.

on 5/21/2007 7:28:00 PM

This stuff is like falling in love for the first time lmao. It's perfect and exciting. I have very pale skin and I found the right match. It covers GORGEOUSLY and it manages not to look cakey. It's perfect. <3<3

on 5/18/2007 9:27:00 PM

MAC Studio Fix Fluid is a foundation I've been using now since it was released last year. I must say I am THOROUGHLY impressed. Before, I was using the Select SPF 15, and although I did like the coverage, it was far too drying unless I put on an excess amount of moisturizer. I finally decided to try this foundation, as it is creamier, and WOW. I get serious compliments on my skin and I couldn't be happier. Though it does look like it could be too dark in the bottle, when I apply it to my face it blends seamlessly and has a gorgeous finish. It's easily buildable, but can also apply to have sheer coverage (my personal preference). I've never been more pleased. I will definitely repurchase, and continue to repurchase! I'm not sure if I could find anything better. For reference, I have very pale (NW15, though I look next to white!), sensitive, normal/dry skin.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Just like the reviewer below says, the shades in this range are SO off. I bought NC15, and the shade is nothing like its equivalent in Select liquid foundation. Why is that? It's a shame because the coverage and staying power is incredible, the best I've ever used (my skin is very oily and most foundations have melted off by lunchtime) but this is much, much too yellow for my complexion. And as for NW15 - too orange! I won't be repurchasing.

As long as you can find the right shade for you, this foundation would be fantastic but sadly girlies, my search for the perfect foundation continues. I am deeply dissapointed in MAC because i found with this one, NC15 was much darker than usual. Okay, the shades depending on the type of foundation do vary BUT - surely not this much. Please make no mistake, i have the rare problem with having extremely pale skin.

On a better level, for those of you wishing to know what the actual product is like, it smells a bit clinical but stays on for a long time and builds well. No use to me at all so it will be going on my list!

on 5/12/2007 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I personally love this foundation. I finally found an exact match for my skintone which has been very difficult in the past couple of years. This foundation gives me a flawless look. It also lasts a long time on my combination skin <3

on 5/6/2007 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I ditched my MMU for a week (in search of something w/better coverage for my visible pores) and got a tester of this at the MAC counter. I have oily/combo/sensitive skin so its hard for me to find a foundation with good coverage/staying power & oil control that doesn't irritate my skin. I am disappointed to say that this isn't it. Day one I was impressed that my skin wasn't as oily, and I liked the coverage. But I noticed my face started feeling a little "tight". I stuck it out for a week, and now my skin has broken out with a couple of those underground pimples, and some little whiteheads here and there, which is not the norm for me. Overall my skin looks irritated so now I've stopped using it. I was really hoping this would work for me but it looks like I'll have to go back to my MMU for now.. continued >>