Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 1/11/2004 10:03:00 PM

as with some PHILOSOPHY products the smell can put you off BUT__-YOU GET USED TO IT!
All i can say is I lo v e IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!makeup gone,no dryness, fresh pure clean face!

on 1/11/2004 10:47:00 AM

this is a good clenser. it washes EVERYTHING off (even mascara) and leaves your skin feeling very soft and smooth. i have senstive skin and this clenser does not irritate me at all! only downfall-it's too expensive. i don't know if i would repurchase due to the price...i may keep searching for another clenser.

update- i've discovered that Cetaphil daily cleanser works just as well and is CHEAPER!

on 1/7/2004 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I can't recommend this cleanser. I'm 43 with normal/dry skin made drier by Retin-A. Purity Made Simple made my skin super dry and tight and it stung! (I'm back to Pond's Cold Cream.) Also, a little bottle was $15. with shipping. I'd have paid that if it had been great but it's just not for dry or sensitive skin.

on 1/2/2004 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Since this is a simple cleanser, I will keep it simple as well:

This is an excellent product. It works! It gets you squeeky clean without foaming (weird, but true).

I leaves no residue or buildup on the skin.

It takes off even heavy makeup.

It requires very little product and you can put it on wet or dry skin, massage in, and rinse off.

I would recommend (and do myself) always taking your makeup off with this product before using any other cleanser or treatment product - that way you will know that it is going on your bare clean skin - and not some crap left over from another cleanser that does not do the job like this one.

You may not even need to tone after this product depending on your skin type (I am oily and acne prone - so I still do - but have skipped it a time or two in a crunch or late at night).

Great Product! Buy It!

on 1/2/2004 6:08:00 PM

Despite the hefty price tag, I'm in love with this cleanser. Over the top? Maybe, but after years of cleansers that didn't take off my makeup, dried me out, or broke me out, it's amazing to find something this gentle and effective. Excellent, excellent product.

on 12/29/2003 5:39:00 PM

I liked this product because it effectively removed my makeup without drying my skin. Although this is a good cleanser, I like products with a fragrance, so I may keep looking.

on 12/23/2003 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This formula irritated my sensitive rosacea skin--maybe the black pepper. So I cannot recommend this for someone with v. sensitive skin.

Tried this again because got one in a kit and yep, still is extremely irritating and DID NOT remove all of my tinted moisturizer this time around. Don't understand all of the love for this product.

on 12/16/2003 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this cleanser! I've tried every cleanser under the sun and I swear I will never buy anything else again. I love the smell, the way it doesn't strip my skin, removes ALL of my makeup and effectively cleans. For the benefits, I'll happily pay the somewhat hefty price tag. In comparison to the amount of money I have spent on all of the other cleansers I've tried combined, this is a steal!

on 12/16/2003 5:56:00 AM

I notice this is now called Purity Made Simple .. this is the best cleanser I have ever used .. my search is over .. I was lucky to discover this on vacation in Cortina! .. It removes ALL my makeup, including eye makeup .. it leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean without any residue .. and there's no need for a toner .. you only need a small amount, so the bottle lasts forever! .. and I like the scent ..

on 12/14/2003 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample of this and the first thing I noticed was the smell. Personally, it smells like a wet dog to me. I used it anyway and then I followed with Hope in a Jar moisturizer sample. At first I didn't think it was that great and it made my skin feel weird, kind of tingly. So I ended up taking a nap and when I woke up I was floored when I saw myself in the mirror. I swear to god, all my pores were gone! My skin had no redness and I finally got my baby poreless skin back. I don't know why it worked so well for me but I love it and now I'm planning on ordering one of the skincare sets. This is definitely a miracle cleanser for me.

UPDATE: I've been using the Philosophy Jump Starters kit now for almost a month and I can honestly say that my skin has improved. The redness I had has been reduced and no more flaky patches. My skin still looks poreless and it's so soft! This is definitely a good set for me. I'm so glad I tried it.