July 23, 2014 | 2074 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2003 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Murielle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Used this product for several months, then it started to irritate my skin, made it feel raw and sensitive especially around my nose. Tried to go back to it several times, but the same problems. Like the way it cleaned otherwise.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2003 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Shells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Horrible! My face felt dirty and almost filmy afterwards. Then came the breakouts...No thank you. Thank God for returns.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2003 4:40:00 AM More reviews by Rory

I was out looking for a toner but was recommended this cleanser instead.

The best cleanser i have used thus far. Does not dry out my skin. I was told that i can skip the toner. My skin has never looked better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2003 5:16:00 PM More reviews by askewchick

This is my new HG cleanser. I have very sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts, but this cleanser is neither too gentle and ineffective nor too strong and damaging. As an unexpected bonus it removes all my makeup as well. The scent is mild, but lovely and the packaging is convenient. I like the squeeky clean feeling on my skin after its been washed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2003 2:01:00 PM More reviews by sarahlittlecutie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this cleanser but it isnt a HG or a fave. I have found the best way for me to get this to work is to aplly and massage into my face, wait a minute for it to get to work dissolving the makeup and then remove with cotton pads soaked in warm water. It takes longer than other cleansing methods which is why i gave it less lippies but it does get my skin really clean. It is not so good with mascara though, although great with eyeliner and eyeshadow.

It does have a somewhat sticky but thin consistency but you get used to it.

The packaging is cute as is all philosophy packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2003 10:13:00 PM More reviews by LuvaofMU

I got this product on QVC packaged with other Philosophy skin care products. This is now my holy grail of cleansers. I usually use Dove but I like the convenience of the bottle and I find it to be moisturizing. This product can be purchased at Sephora.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2003 12:06:00 AM More reviews by NYgirl

I couldn't remove all of my make-up with this and it left my face feeling a bit slimy and filmy. I think it is what caused me to breakout as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2002 10:15:00 PM More reviews by sedge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think the main reason I have so many lingering little tubs and bottles from Philosophy is the packaging. For some reason, when I had money to burn, those $30.00 little tubs seemed -- chic. Now, I get angry when I think about the time I poured into gathering my selections of Phil. fun. This particular product does less of a thorough job than other gentle cleansers (Cetaphil comes to mind, obviously, as do the Sage products). It doesn't have an overpowering pleasant scent, just a kind of stuffy, slightly fruity waft. It has a nice texture, but that's it. Plus a little does not go a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2002 1:01:00 PM More reviews by eiluj44

This is just a perfectly balanced, effective but gentle facial cleanser. I love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2002 11:40:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this from Sephora and it made my skin break out very badly. Too bad because I was really excited to test it out after hearing all the raves.