September 24, 2014 | 1250 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Define A Lash Volume Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2008 11:09:00 PM More reviews by OutOfLine

Borrowed a friends....(I know naughty me)
GAVE NOOOOOOOO VOLUME... EVEN A LITTLE CLUMPY!
Worked exactly like the define a lash.... Therefore I'm not going to waste my time writing a second review....
Nothing special!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 9:25:00 AM More reviews by kekecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is not the worst i've tried but I really am disappointed with it for 9.00. I love the 'Full & Soft' mascara but I have to get it on Ebay as they don't sell it in the shops in the UK. Sometimes, you just want to go and buy one from a shop!
Anyway the consistancy is too thin and creates no volume at all, it does however stick all my lashes together so maybe that was the volume bit?! Also I don't get any lengthening either :-(
The brush is weirdly bendy and worries me i might break it when taking it out the tube. Actually putting it on is a challenge and I felt like it was a struggle to coat all my lashes without making a mess. It also does NOT work well putting a second coat over - it just goes clumpy and nasty.
On the upside the colour is very black (extreme black I believe it is called) which I know is a big plus for some girls. For me its not so good because I am super pale - Brown looks a bit better on me. Sadly I picked up the wrong colour....Oh well, nevermind.

I would give this a mere 5 out of 10 for its poor performance. I really wanted some volume and although it wasn't as bad as some I will not buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2008 7:18:00 PM More reviews by tygress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Rite Aid had a Maybelline BOGO sale and I decided to try this. I've used it for a couple of mornings now and my verdict is that this mascara is just OK. As far as its performance--it passes, gets the job done. No smudging and it doesn't clump unless you use multiple coats. Packaging, however, is complete CRAP. Extremely hard to get the brush back into the tube without bending it it some way or another. Head of the brush is also way too flimsy for my taste. Overall it's just been OK for me, nothing to write home about. I would probably not buy this again unless it was the free item in a sale, as this one was.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2008 7:48:00 AM More reviews by dangerpuss

I purchased this hoping it might replace my Covergirl LashExact which I love but it's started to flake on me. I was sorely disappointed as it wasn't even half as good for me.
I found the formula too liquid, it took ages to dry and seemed to stick to my lashes in such a way that they all joined together and formed a few big lashes instead of lots of separated volumous ones. It smudged under my eyes and made them kinda sensitive but it didn't flake :-P
I like the packaging but I'm a fan of a wand that stays in one place instead of bending around while I run it through my lashes.
I wont be buying this ever again, I used it twice and now it's just sitting at home and will never get used.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2008 5:36:00 PM More reviews by polkadotanne

I don't like how flexible the head is, it's almost impossible to put back into the tube. The mascara it's self is not very voluminous and it flakes easily, would never purchase again and I regret buying this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2008 10:52:00 AM More reviews by luv4taffy

Wow I am really surprised at the negative reviews on this mascara. I really do like this mascara alot and I have tried sooooooooooooo many.
I love how it makes my lashes look so dark and defined. I don't find it to clump. I will defintely purchase again for those days I don't want to use my Hypnose which is $27.00 (gulp...lol)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2008 9:51:00 AM More reviews by br1ghtcrystal

This is one of the worst mascaras I have ever tried. It does not add any volume or lenght. Basically it does nothing. The pink colour of the packaging is nice but the actual tube feels very cheap. I have difficulty putting the brush back into the tube and getting it out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by zomgblah

Eh, I'm kind of disappointed with this mascara. I expected volume since, well, it says volume. I got zero volume. The only decent thing it did was seperate my lashes, but that wasn't what I was looking for. I expect more out of this mascara since it's one of the most expensive mascaras Maybelline sells ($6-$7 compared to the normal $5). Not buying again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 11:44:00 PM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara was disappointing to me because I expected a lot more OOMPH than I actually got. I have been using Loreal Voluminous religiously for about two years now, so I opened my new tube of this to try it on yesterday, and I found that it gives my lashes the great length that Voluminous does not, but, contrary to its name, it does not give me VOLUME, which is a major problem. Another reason I gave this a 3 is because the very black shade is actually great at making my lashes look even darker, and also the brush prevents clumps so I was impressed.

I have super long lashes, but I like them to look thicker and fuller. This masara is great for anyone looking for a definicils dupe IMHO.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2008 9:42:00 AM More reviews by ctrimble

I got this mascara free with an eyeliner that I was buying. I like to get extra length with my mascara, and I had to put on a million coats to create any length. I didn't have any problems with clumping, but the flexible brush was horrible, and SO hard to get back in the tube. More than once, the brush bent all of a sudden when I was trying to put it back in causing me to get mascara all over my hand. Threw it away mid-tube, won't ever buy this one.