Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

on 4/2/2010 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

ok, im on my second bottle of this. i love the way it feels on my skin, it makes it so soft, dosent realy have a smell, packageing is nice. im in search of a new better primer for my oily skin though. it hasnt irratated or givin me breakouts but it dosent seem to help with my overly oily skin, and thats the maine reason i bought it. i do like it, if it only did what it said about the oil id love it.
btw this does last a long time, i got my first bottle for christmas, and my second the next christmas with a little left in the first. thats awsome.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was very dissapointed by this product. It feels so heavy and oily even when it's by itself, and the effect is multiplied when you try to add foundation. In fact, I've found it nearly impossible to wear with foundation because it rolls up into little balls when I try to smooth foundation over it. It does make pores appear smaller, but it also makes me break out like crazy, even though it is supposed to be light and my skin isn't all that sensitive. I don't recommend this product, it is a complete rip off. Even if it retailed for $5 I wouldn't buy it again.

on 3/27/2010 7:42:00 PM

I really liked this. It definitely made my pore less visible and my makeup stayed on all day. Before using this, I would have to redo my makeup half way through the day with numerous other touch ups. On a hot day, I might have to touch up once! Love this stuff!

on 3/24/2010 7:31:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I was looking for an alternative to my former hg-primetime which was disappointing me because my makeup was only lasting half the day in this warmer weather. Smashbox had a nice gwp deal going on at Ulta so I picked up the half ounce travel size for $16. It is working pretty well so far-my makeup barely fades all day, and no greasy forehead or chin like with my other primer. I'm happy with this and will probably repurchase again.

on 3/21/2010 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have been looking for one primer for like months... when i read reviews about this product, i thought it will work for me but it does not.... does not help me with my oily T-Zone... maybe i can say my make up stay a little longer... not the whole day, more like midday... the worst part is i got very very small white bumps around the area i used... i am sure this product is the cause... I never change my daily regime for my makeup... so i stopped using it in a week... now i should move on to buy MAC Prep and Prime 50spf and see how it goes... sigh... waste my money.. =(

on 3/14/2010 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Even though I use this product everyday - I am NOT a fan of it! I can't wait to use it up so I can try Studio Gear Prime Objective. When I first started using this primer, my face broke out for the first time in months. I think my skin's gotten used to it now because I no longer break out, but it still doesn't seem to do much for me. I don't notice a tremendous difference in the lasting power of my foundation when I use it and when I don't. I will NOT be repurchasing this.

on 3/14/2010 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got this product in a swap. After reading rave reviews and watching countless you-tubes about how it would be the perfect base for foundation, it's just a no in my book. I've found that although I liked the extra moisturizing, I didn't see any difference at all. It just not worth the extra dough. Skip it.

on 3/12/2010 12:44:00 PM

I have an oily t-zone and wanted something to help keep the oils at bay for a while. This works pretty well. I do get oily after a few hours and need to blot with either a sheet or powder, but this definitley keeps me oil free longer than if I used nothing at all. I cleanse, moisturize (oil free), prime with this and then use MUFE F&B foundation. You only need a drop and the packaging is nice and sanitary.

on 3/8/2010 2:36:00 AM

I have recently bought my second bottle of this product and am happy with it. I tried Merle Norman foundation primer before, and this is a much better product.

Pro:
I find that it makes my skin look nice and smooth and does help my foundation stay on. It makes my skin look less blotchy. I don't have huge pores, but this does help my foundation not settle.

Con:
I do still get a little bit of shine on my nose, and on my forehead, but that's no big deal to me. It doesn't really look super greasy, just a bit shiny.

I do have problems this winter with flaky skin around my mouth, and this does not help to alleviate that. It is expensive, but it does last a fair amount of time. I think mine lasts me around 6 months.

on 3/4/2010 3:26:00 PM

I'm almost finished my first travel sieze of the light primer, I'm gonna buy it again in the travel sieze. It does a good job at making pores less noticable. My skin is pretty oily... even after washing my face, even if I put powder you'll see a shine in pictures... so far this is the best product I've found, but it seems to only keep my face matte for an hour :( I'm still looking for something better... but this will have to do until then!