July 30, 2014 | 1951 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by rxqueen011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ugh, terrible product. The concept is great; it just didn't work for me. It went on nicely, but my MMU practically slid right off. It accentuated the pores on my nose and the MMU actually sunk in! The coverage was better using moisturizer and no primer! Major breakouts after a while, too. I really wanted to like this product, but I couldn't bring myself to try it out for longer than 2 weeks, even after using different application techniques. Total failure. It may work better under liquid foundation, but will not experiment due to breakouts. Good thing it was a sample.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by busychic

I had such I hopes for this primer. I had only heard good things but it really didn't work for me. I thought the light formula would be good for my oily nose and t-zone, where I wear my foundation, but it wasn't. I found that it didn't increase my makeup staying power or give me a smooth nice finish. It made my skin look dry and kind of flaky, and my makeup still slid off my nose. I will stick with Laura Geller Spackle, it works much better for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by theelectricgypsy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ugh...hated this! I have really oily skin, so I thought I would try this one since it was lighter in texture. It basically was alot of money for nothing. It made no difference in the way my makeup looks or lasts and it left alot of flaky looking things on my face that I always had to remove before putting my makeup on. Even when making sure I was putting a small amount on, this still kept happening. The regular formulation is much better...

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by PettyBeige

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm always on the hunt for good primers, it's seems like I'm not quite satisfied with one. I tried the Smashbox primer after seeing how popular it was pretty much everywhere. At first I liked the texture, not too siliconey but just enough to lead me to think it would mattify and keep foundation on. I realized after a couple hours that my make up was wearing off and my skin becoming way more oily than usual. After using for about a week, I was convinced that my skin would not adapt to this primer. To top it off, I had really bad breakouts due to this primer. For now, I'm sticking with my MUFE primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by lovilyest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This a really good product. I haven't used a lot of primer, but compared to the ones that I have used, it is by far the best primer. It goes on so smoothly and really provides a smooth palette to apply foundation. My mom use to use this up like lotion, until I told her it was 50bucks, a bottle. Other than it being really expensive, I don't have any bad things to say about this product.

I would not buy this product again only because I found much cheaper ways to apply foundation easily, namely with a damp sponge.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 4:05:00 AM More reviews by maashi

This is the first primer I have tried. I got this in a sample pot when buying a Smashbox mascara... it feels really smooth, must be the silicone in it? And it makes fdtn application much easier - I don't have to work so hard to remove brush streaks. I just don't know if it necessarily made my makeup last any longer? Have used it a few times, I haven't had breakouts, but I just don't know if I am expecting too much from primers. Will keep trying I suppose and use up my sample pot, and update if necessary.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by starlette17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite primer I have come across. It is light and perfect for people with oily/combo skin, but it also effective! It helps my foundation stay longer and helps it go on smoothly. I mean it's not perfect and of course some foundation is going to wear off after a long day, but it's the best I have found so far. I dislike how expensive it is, but that's what you get.. I tried some cheaper primers and was very disappointed. Gotta stick with Smashbox for now!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 7:16:00 AM More reviews by psychdr

I used to use the regular Photo Finish Primer and loved the texture of it (unlike most), but it did leave my face very oily and I could probably blame a very break-outs on it. I went for a while without using a primer, but decided to try this to see how it worked. I have to say, I was very impressed. It goes on less oily and definitely helps my make-up stay all day. I don't agree with the claim about keeping you matte all day, because I have to do periodic powder touch-ups, but as far as primers go, this is the best I've found so I'll continue to buy it. The biggest con = a little pricy, but it does last a while because you don't need much.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by stcxtc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I rely on primers and have used this for many years. I recently got the tinted primer (looks tan) and not too impressed with that. I've received other drugstore brand primers during my swaps and must say that I don't notice anything special about Smashbox's primer when comparing them except for the high price they charge. Perhaps they were one of the first hyped brands for primer, but it's not worth purchasing in my opinion. Stick with drugstore primers - they're pretty much all the same.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by niseixtenshi

This is a great primer! I do have to say - I have dry/non-acne prone skin, so this is a review for my skin type. It helps keep my makeup in place. Just for your reference, I pair this with Chanel - Vita Lumiere liquid foundation. Normally, my foundation would evaporate somehow by the end of the day...but not with this product. LOVE this!