November 25, 2014 | 1745 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by veggienurse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this stuff. It's pricey so I only use it for weekends and not for everyday wear, but I wish I could afford to! My makeup looks and stays looking fantastic all night. I have oily skin (mostly in the t zone) so I try to keep it light on those areas and I don't have any issues with oil or acne. So I guess it just depends person to person how you and this product will react. Will buy again and again!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by soleil91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Worst primer ever, UGH!
It's super oily, so if you have oily skin, don't even consider it.
It's very heavy and rich- and takes forever to absorb into the skin.
After I put this on, i look oilier than ever, and feel like i have some kind of a heavy oil mask on my face all day.
I say opt for something lighter and more effective.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Starlyte

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I love this product! I have combo skin (oily T-zone and somewhat dry cheeks) and everything breaks me out. This does a splendid job of keeping my face matte all day and my makeup looking fresh. I do notice that when I use it after a moisturizer it doesn't work as well and I get slightly oily. So, I normally skip my moisturizer in the morning. It's a thick lotion consistency but absorbs really quick.
Mattifying, has spf 50, and does NOT break me out (major plus).
My only complaint is that it's $30 for 1 floz and the packaging is not that great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Two words: cystic acne. Very unimpressed. It might make my makeup look great but cystic acne is the worst. Edit: Ok, I gave this product another try and apparently the cystic acne was unrelated because it is now a staple in my makeup routine. Cannot live without this product. Makes my makeup look fantastic and lasts all day, plus has SPF.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'd been using this for a couple of years because of the SPF 50. I still have some left in my last little bottle but I'm finding it hard to use up the remainder.
My main problem with it was how oily it left me, especially around my t-zone. I'd apply after my moisturiser had sunk in & leave it for a good 15-20 minutes before applying my foundation. Even then, I needed to use a blotting sheet to remove some of the greasy residue it left behind. That helped a little, but as the day wore on I'd get oily all over again. Blotting 3 or 4 times was a regular occurrence. Not something I was overly thrilled about, considering this product is supposed to help mattify. Because of that, my foundation would get that cakey look, especially on the tip of my nose & my chin.
However, it worked fine on my cheeks where my skin is normal.
One or two of the bottles I've used also seemed to separate. There would be an oily substance that seeped out each time I dispensed some of the product. No amount of shaking seemed to remedy this.
I've since moved on to Shiseido's Anessa Perfect Smooth sunscreen. This is also SPF 50 but makes a much better base & I only have to blot once or twice throughout the day.
If you have normal or dry skin, this would probably work well for you. Since my t-zone isn't, it was rather hit & miss for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by westinflorida

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE PanPan70's review of this and wouldn't change a thing that she wrote. The only thing I'd like to add it that if you are so bothered by the packaging do not, I repeat DO NOT try the Prep+Prime Skin as an alternative. You will not get anything close to this product. I noticed that younger reviewers are not as pleased with this product so maybe it's something more suitable for us "old ladies" with drier skin. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by PanPan70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this product. SPF50 with 16.1% of that being zinc oxide which is a very stable form of broad spectrum sunscreen. It's micronized so you don't get a white cast on your skin after rubbing it in although I do detect a brightening effect on my NW25 skin that is very flattering. It hasn't broken me out which is a big plus. It's very, very thick which I think is a side effect of all the zinc oxide in it. I've found it best to apply to slightly damp skin so that you can manipulate it without rubbing your skin too much. The packaging is awful with this giant cap and little tube. It's almost as if they were going to make the tube a lot bigger and then changed their mind but never got around to changing the size of the cap. I'm thinking it's going to be difficult to get the last bit of the product out. I don't notice wrinkle smoothing or pore minimization but I didn't buy it for that. Likey!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by magferen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don’t like this primer. I love MAC, but this product is not doing anything for me. First of all, it is greasy. Second, it doesn’t help my makeup to stay on. Finally, it broke me out. What I like about it is that it has SPF 50, but I would rather buy a good sunscreen than use this primer. There are better primers on the market.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by lsmith21

Make up tends to go on smoother but it doesn't help my makeup stay on longer. It dries out my cheeks after a while yet doesn't control the oil on my t-zone. I think it really is overpriced for what it is. However, it's the first primer I have used so have nothing to compare it to. I will be trying ModelCo face base next.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an over-hyped product that is really just a cream with sunscreen. It is so expensive and the quality does not match it's price! The packaging is very awkward, the tube makes it very hard to squeeze the product out once you reach the last bits of it. I do not see any noticeable difference between applying this primer or without applying this primer. My makeup stays the same and by the end of the day there is the general fading. I really don't think MAC's strong point is in skincare. Not buying this again.