December 19, 2014 | 933 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Philosophy - The Present Clear Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2007 11:51:00 PM More reviews by jessih3

I was very disappointed with this product. It is a light cream, which I like, and didn't feel goopy or sticky on my face. But, it did nothing for me! It didn't make my foundation last longer, it didn't make my skin look even, nothing! It did make me break out, though. Go figure. I won't buy this again. UPDATE: I started using this again during the summer, and it actually works better now than in the winter. I have been using the Supernatural Airbrush Canvas makeup, and this seems to be a good primer for that. I probably won't buy again, but at least I don't feel like it was a complete waste of money!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2007 10:22:00 PM More reviews by kwhite1122

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product!! I have been using it for about 3 weeks now and it has cleared up my skin completely! I have very sensitive skin and I would always have that once a month breakout - this is the first time in years I have not! It really keeps my makeup from clogging up my pores. My skin looks great now after using several of the Philosophy products. I highly recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2007 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

Recently, I have been having crisis on foundations. Thanks to Philosophy's microderm, I got rid of a lot of skin problems that I used to have. I started using this a couple of days ago and it is the best product for my very oily skin. My foundation used to melt on my skin and I always blamed my foundations for this. After using this, I do not need any touchups and my foundation stays put and nice all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2007 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Dawnmarie2009

I will never be without this product again!! A small amount goes a long way. It reduces the few wrinkles around my eyes and gives me a more 'awake' look! awesome product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2007 3:49:00 PM More reviews by alexalindh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product isn't perfect, but I like it all the same. It's a great moisturizer substitute in the morning, especially if you need something for shine-control during the day. It's not going to make your pores dissapear or anything, but it does make your skin somewhat smoother and is a great base for foundation. I have re-purchased this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2007 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Faithersk

I use this every morning under my mineral or MAC foundation. It is great for combo skin because it mattifies, but doesn't over-dry my cheek'jaw area. My makeup stays on all day and I only "powder my nose" once or twice the whole day, rather than every hour. The price for the amount of product is way better than most other primers (smashbox, anna sui, etc.) and on days that I don't wear makeup, I wear it alone and my skin looks evened out. One warning, it has lavender oil which can be irritating to some skin and has a strong smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2006 8:06:00 PM More reviews by ftnfrm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just started using this 2 weeks ago for my aging face with large pores on my nose and chin. Please note that I don't use foundation, I simply wanted that airbrushed look and am happy to report that it does indeed deliver! The Present comes packaged in a large tube and the consistency is rather thick and waxy. You need just need a minute amount and it sweeps away my large pores and mattifies my nose as if I powdered it. This tube will last quite a long time. No breakouts or any adverse reactions to date. Give it a try if you have skin like mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2006 7:28:00 PM More reviews by lorencita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. This does make my pores look smaller... and my makeup goes on better. I don't notice it making my makeup last longer, but thats ok. A little goes a long way, the more you put on, the less it works.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2006 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Cattluvver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Had such high hopes, but what a disaster it was on my face! I know my skin need a bit of minerals to really look good because of some broken capillaries, but wow, putting on The Present didn't just not make my face look a bit better, it made it look awful! I tried to use in under my minerals, and it wasn't too bad. But, the second time I tried it, I realized it was making my skin feel kind of "yucky".

And worse, it broke me out -- the very first time a Philosophy skin item ever broke me out!!

This products seems to be ONLY for those with excellent skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2006 12:39:00 AM More reviews by SandraBonita

I got a deluxe sample of this with the Nordstrom train case offer they had recently. It may just be me, but I don't see anything special about this product. I do wait the two minutes it says to before applying your foundation. I think this is supposed to help prevent the product from making your foundation not go one well. I do notice on some occasions when using The Present, my foundation can get cakey and smudgy. You know what I'm talking about? Moments when you feel like washing your face and applying your entire make up all over again, but you don't have time for that. Not sure if it's the Present, or if I over applied other products of my skincare regimen. Compared to Smashbox Primer, I definitely prefer Smashbox because it goes on smoother.