Philosophy The Present Clear Makeup

3.4

Water (aqua), Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (lavender), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 2/15/2007 4:43:00 PM

I'm in love with a few philosophy products but NOT this one. 'clear foundation' my foot. It looked and felt like smearing crisco on my skin.
ick.

on 2/1/2007 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this product! The Present is the first primer I've tried so I don't have anything to compare to it. I use mineral makeup and at mid-day my face is usually oily. When I apply The Present prior to my mineral makeup it controls the oil. I still have some shine at mid-day, but I'll take that over then what my face use to look like. It makes the powder so much easier to apply and holds throughout the day. It gives you a matte finish so if you don't want to, you don't even need to apply foundation. The only downfall is that it doesnt help the oil on my eyelids.

A new HG item for me!
blurrs the fine lines (I don't have pore problems so I can't testify to that)
It also makes your skin SO SOFT! After using just a few days my face feels so soft and fresh! I wear it both under foundation and when I want to go without foundation. A must try!!
I think I bought it for 25$ it seems like a small tube but a little goes a long way so you wont be buying it over and over. Great quality for the price!

on 1/26/2007 11:51:00 PM

I was very disappointed with this product. It is a light cream, which I like, and didn't feel goopy or sticky on my face. But, it did nothing for me! It didn't make my foundation last longer, it didn't make my skin look even, nothing! It did make me break out, though. Go figure. I won't buy this again. UPDATE: I started using this again during the summer, and it actually works better now than in the winter. I have been using the Supernatural Airbrush Canvas makeup, and this seems to be a good primer for that. I probably won't buy again, but at least I don't feel like it was a complete waste of money!

on 1/17/2007 10:22:00 PM

I LOVE this product!! I have been using it for about 3 weeks now and it has cleared up my skin completely! I have very sensitive skin and I would always have that once a month breakout - this is the first time in years I have not! It really keeps my makeup from clogging up my pores. My skin looks great now after using several of the Philosophy products. I highly recommend this product!

on 1/15/2007 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Recently, I have been having crisis on foundations. Thanks to Philosophy's microderm, I got rid of a lot of skin problems that I used to have. I started using this a couple of days ago and it is the best product for my very oily skin. My foundation used to melt on my skin and I always blamed my foundations for this. After using this, I do not need any touchups and my foundation stays put and nice all day.

on 1/13/2007 11:05:00 AM

I will never be without this product again!! A small amount goes a long way. It reduces the few wrinkles around my eyes and gives me a more 'awake' look! awesome product!

on 1/7/2007 3:49:00 PM

This product isn't perfect, but I like it all the same. It's a great moisturizer substitute in the morning, especially if you need something for shine-control during the day. It's not going to make your pores dissapear or anything, but it does make your skin somewhat smoother and is a great base for foundation. I have re-purchased this.

on 1/4/2007 3:54:00 PM

I use this every morning under my mineral or MAC foundation. It is great for combo skin because it mattifies, but doesn't over-dry my cheek'jaw area. My makeup stays on all day and I only "powder my nose" once or twice the whole day, rather than every hour. The price for the amount of product is way better than most other primers (smashbox, anna sui, etc.) and on days that I don't wear makeup, I wear it alone and my skin looks evened out. One warning, it has lavender oil which can be irritating to some skin and has a strong smell.

on 12/11/2006 8:06:00 PM

I just started using this 2 weeks ago for my aging face with large pores on my nose and chin. Please note that I don't use foundation, I simply wanted that airbrushed look and am happy to report that it does indeed deliver! The Present comes packaged in a large tube and the consistency is rather thick and waxy. You need just need a minute amount and it sweeps away my large pores and mattifies my nose as if I powdered it. This tube will last quite a long time. No breakouts or any adverse reactions to date. Give it a try if you have skin like mine.

Popular Primer/ Correctors