Chanel Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

3.7

on 2/25/2008 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

At first I used the sample of this product I recieved in a magazine, and I thought it was the best mascara ever. Then I recieved it for Christmas and for the first few times it was very good. Gave me great length and volume. But as I kept using it, I was less impressed and it seemed to dry out quickly.

on 2/24/2008 8:35:00 AM

I have only ever used sample tubes of this...and I keep coming back to it. I am almost finished my last one, and I am starting to panic at the thought of shelling out $28 for mascara, bc every other HE mascara I have tried wasn't worth it. I didn't like DiorShow (note to self to write heinous review later) or Lancome Hypnose. My lashes are very average and I have very little natural bend to them. I also have blonde hair, so they aren't particularly dark. For years I curled my lashes and searched for a mascara that didn't "uncurl" my lashes. Inimitable held the curl well, and I am glad to report that I have weaned myself from the curler when I realized that Inimitable would curl my lashes a bit on it's own. The brush is flexible, but not floppy, so I have good control. Doesn't flake or smear. I think I will suck it up and buy the full size soon. Will report back.

on 2/21/2008 12:19:00 AM

I am not a fan of these new types of brushes. I don't think they give the volume that the other mascars do. Also, this mascara flaked and smudged on me.

on 2/17/2008 12:33:00 AM

I took a break from Chanel mascaras after being a little bored. I was not seeing the results they claimed.

After recently trying this mascara for the first time I fell in love. I saw all of the results it claimed to give. This is a must in my cosmetics bag.

on 2/10/2008 12:55:00 AM

Okay mascara. Didn't volumize as well as I hoped.

on 2/3/2008 3:05:00 PM

Not too experienced with different mascaras but this one gave me tons of compliments. Friends kept commenting on the length of the lashes, and some were even surprised they were my actual lashes and not fakes! My lashes are naturally on the longer side so I won't be continuing with this after I'm through with it because it doesn't give me the volume I need.

Major con is that I found black flakes around my eyes at the end of the day. Definitely pricey.

on 2/1/2008 11:51:00 PM

This is nothing special. Too expensive and the packaging is too good for the mascara itself's quality... Drug store brands make much better mascaras.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love many Chanel products, but this isn't one of them. I was lucky enough to snag a couple of samples, and frankly, I am left unimpressed. I like the idea of the brush and feels good to apply, but the formula doesn't build up any volume at all, and outside of intense separation, I just got spidery fine lashes. The lashes are not crunchy, I will give it that, but also, no curl and no oomph. As well, the mascara makes my eyes feel tired and sore, so I must be sensitive to the product. Back to Diorshow.

on 2/1/2008 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love this mascara, i was using the armani maestro and ran out so i decided to try something else. This mascar curls and lengthens and makes your lashes look plump. i usually dont have to curl my lashes when i use this mascara and it looks great. and there are no clumps everytime i use it its great and worth the money. ive gone through maybe 50 tubes of drugstore brand mascaras over the years and i know people always say theres no difference, but there really is when you compare it to the chanel mascara.

on 1/31/2008 11:05:00 PM

On me this mascara is not really thickening (but I'm not sure if Chanel reps say it should be) - it lengthens a bit and gives a nice looking definition to my lashes separating them nicely without clumping. I still prefer my Lancome for more spectacular and dramatic look but this one I'll go to every time I want an innocent natural look. I might purchase again, but I'm not sure as I like to try out new mascaras and Lancome is still my staple.