December 19, 2014 | 1586 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

I wish I would have known about this product ages ago.I used to sweat excessively and it was beyond embarrasing and used to own a lot of black shirts cuz of it lol needless to say when I had found about Certain Dri 3yrs ago I tried and never looked back!=) I did itch the 1st time I used it but that was it. I can truly say this product is a miracle,I have no sweating problems at all and I can actually wear other colored shirts besides of black=)

In the beggining I used to apply it every other day cuz it can get drying but now after 3yrs of using this I either apply it once evey few weeks and if I even notice I'm starting to sweat again I use it everyother day and I'm good to go again....sometimes I dont even need to use it for months but either way I have it in my bathroom if I need it.When I'm not using it I just use Dove deodorant and I'm fine=)...(Certain Dri can dry you out under your arms and the Dove deodorant helps combat it)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Siimie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was hoping that this product would live up to the hype, and... it has!! My embarassing excessive sweating had become a source of constant strife and preocupation for me. I was considering expensive botox treatments if this didn't work. I tried this the first time according to the instructions, and felt embarrassed that my super-strong sweat broke through the super strong certain-dri worse than ever, and stinky! However, the next day I went "rebel" and applied it in the morning, then applied a normal deodorant over the top, and... wow! Dryness! No stinkiness later in the day. Miracle of miracles, it even lasts into the next day. As long as it keeps working my armpits will no longer be the bain of my existence. I will continue to buy this as long as it works for me, and as long as no new science indicates that it's bad for me (I do worry about the breast cancer link, but as of now it seems unsubstantiated). HOORAY!

ETA: It stopped working after a few months. So I stopped trying to use it for a few months to see if I can just use it on important occasions or when I really just don't want to have visible sweat marks. this seems to be working, but I'm still considering botox.

ETA2: I figured out how to work with this. I took a 6 month hiatus from this product but was determined to try again. Really follow the instructions and only put it on after a shower and before bed. I only put it on once every three days and that seems to work beautifully! Miracle product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2008 10:13:00 PM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This didn't really work for me. You're supposed to apply it at night when your body temperature is at a steady lower temperature so that you don't sweat it all off before it's had time to sink in. Well it would itch so badly that I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. And my body, perhaps in an attempt to rid itself of this irritant, would get all overheated and sweaty while I tossed and turned and generally struggled against the urge to scour my armpits with steel wool.

Even when I managed to sleep a few nights in a row with it on, I'd still occasionally sweat through it. And this is the strange part - when I did manage to sweat through it, my sweat would smell really really gross. And Certain Dri seemed to do absolutely nothing for the smell once the wetness crept through.

I now use Secret Clinical Strength and it works perfectly, it actually does exactly what it says it will do for me. I'm done with the itching and burning that Certain Dri causes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by ilikeringpops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I don't know what I would do if this product didn't exist. I sweat so excessively that I spent all of middle school and high school trying out new antiperspirants/deodorants, wearing dark clothes, and trying not to exert myself, to no avail. I still sweated constantly! While it never inhibited my friendships or relationships, I was ALWAYS self-conscious about it and worried I would have big pit stains. After reading about this on MUA last year, I bought it. And it works! I still sweat a little, but not much (mostly just when I'm actually doing something strenuous). I actually put it on right when I get out of the shower in the mornings, finish the rest of my morning routine, and then when it's dry, I put some normal stick deodorant on top. The deodorant keeps the itchy feeling away and if I do happen to sweat, I don't have BO. I don't know what I would do without this product, besides spend the rest of my life feeling self-conscious again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2008 1:01:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tend to sweat like crazy sometimes (and I''m not exaggerating) even when I'm just sitting around and not being active at all so a good antiperspirant is a necessity for me. I've been using this for a couple of weeks. The first week, this worked like a charm. It kept all of the sweat away and I was happy. But after a week, it became inconsistent..sometimes it would work great and other times, it didn't work at all and I would sweat like someone sprayed water on my pits. I also hate the fact that you're only supposed to apply this at night. I usually shower at night but when I do decide to shower in the morning, it don't work as well because I suppose the water would rinse off the antiperspirant. I tried to tweak it by applying it after the morning showers too but that didn't help either. It really s.ucks to restrict myself to night showers due to this. But even then, sometimes the anti-perspirant just doesn't work period even when I don't shower in the morning and only use it at night. I heard that there's an A.M. version but I doubt it will work if I was sweating all night while I was tossing adn turning in bed and may not have time to shower in the morning before application? I need something that I can apply any time of day. I also started getting small itchy bumps recently..not on my armpits but the back of my arm, right by the pits so I need to stop using this asap and find something else. I don't know what to do anymore..I've tried almost everything out there including Secret Clinical. I wonder if surgery or botox is the only true solution. This is worth a try but do it at your own risk...it seems to irritate many ppl's skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by nogenrewriter

Used it while I was in high school, stopped using it and never needed it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2008 9:25:00 AM More reviews by NinaBella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I rate this product a 5 because it actually works re: controlling sweat. However, it does have its drawbacks. Applying at night is a PITA and so is waiting for it to dry (hello cool setting on my blowdryer!). It's very watery so you have to be very careful applying. Also, it will bleach cloth as I now have a bleached out spot on my sheets because I stupidly applied this while sitting in my bed one night and a drop fell on my sheets. You want to make sure that you leave the bottle standing upright because the roll-on is kinda leaky. If you take off the cap after it not being upright, you have to be careful that the errant liquid doesn't get on anything (that's how my sheets got stained!).

The first time I used it, I got the itchiness that others describe. It was so bad that it was difficult for me to get to sleep. The next time I applied it, I was careful to apply sparingly and I didn't get the itchiness. After reading everyone else's reviews, I have avoided any time close to having shaved.

Certain Dri says that it is safe not to sweat in your armpits, because your sweat will be dispersed elsewhere. That is one of the strange things about using this. In the summer when it's in the 90's with high humidity, my armpits won't sweat when I use this but my arms sweat more which feels odd and takes some getting used to.

Despite all these "difficulties", Certain Dri works. I still use a regular deodorant in the morning, though, because it is weird to me not to have any scent there. The combination of the two makes me able to confidently raise my arms up on a hot dance floor and know that I will smell as fresh as if I had come out of the shower! Love it!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by vicki219

This product is absolutely amazing! I am in high school and this product basically saved my life. I learned about it through MUA, and thought I'd give it a try! The best $5.00 I've ever spent! The first day I used it there was an amazing difference. I had no sweat stains even after all day! I am the girl who could sweat through a sweater in 2 hours, while sitting and doing nothing. Like it has been said in other reviews, if you've shaved recently it will sting pretty bad and then itch but that is totally worth it for the results it gives. I've been using this product for about 2 weeks now and I don't plan on stopping!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 12:36:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has really helped me. Keeps me drier than anything else I've tried. I've found that after applying it, I stand in front of a fan to dry it and that totally eliminates the itchy feeling I get otherwise. I use it after showering with no problems if I use this technique. For me, it works for about 3 days. Will definitely repurchase. Oh, I took off a lippie because the roller does leak sometimes but the product works so well, I can definitely overlook that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2008 10:25:00 PM More reviews by ohiopirate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this product for years. It is really really effective for combating wetness. I suffered for years with sweating even during the winter until someone recommended this. I have used it enough to only have to use it occasionally. I now use it like once every 2 weeks in the fall and winter and 2-3 times a week during the summer. It can sting if you use it on freshly washed skin or use it after shaving. The bottle also lasts forever. I still use a regular deoderant during the day since this only helps with wetness and not odor. I will never live without this product.