September 18, 2014 | 1951 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by nogenrewriter

Used it while I was in high school, stopped using it and never needed it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2008 9:25:00 AM More reviews by NinaBella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I rate this product a 5 because it actually works re: controlling sweat. However, it does have its drawbacks. Applying at night is a PITA and so is waiting for it to dry (hello cool setting on my blowdryer!). It's very watery so you have to be very careful applying. Also, it will bleach cloth as I now have a bleached out spot on my sheets because I stupidly applied this while sitting in my bed one night and a drop fell on my sheets. You want to make sure that you leave the bottle standing upright because the roll-on is kinda leaky. If you take off the cap after it not being upright, you have to be careful that the errant liquid doesn't get on anything (that's how my sheets got stained!).

The first time I used it, I got the itchiness that others describe. It was so bad that it was difficult for me to get to sleep. The next time I applied it, I was careful to apply sparingly and I didn't get the itchiness. After reading everyone else's reviews, I have avoided any time close to having shaved.

Certain Dri says that it is safe not to sweat in your armpits, because your sweat will be dispersed elsewhere. That is one of the strange things about using this. In the summer when it's in the 90's with high humidity, my armpits won't sweat when I use this but my arms sweat more which feels odd and takes some getting used to.

Despite all these "difficulties", Certain Dri works. I still use a regular deodorant in the morning, though, because it is weird to me not to have any scent there. The combination of the two makes me able to confidently raise my arms up on a hot dance floor and know that I will smell as fresh as if I had come out of the shower! Love it!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by vicki219

This product is absolutely amazing! I am in high school and this product basically saved my life. I learned about it through MUA, and thought I'd give it a try! The best $5.00 I've ever spent! The first day I used it there was an amazing difference. I had no sweat stains even after all day! I am the girl who could sweat through a sweater in 2 hours, while sitting and doing nothing. Like it has been said in other reviews, if you've shaved recently it will sting pretty bad and then itch but that is totally worth it for the results it gives. I've been using this product for about 2 weeks now and I don't plan on stopping!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 12:36:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has really helped me. Keeps me drier than anything else I've tried. I've found that after applying it, I stand in front of a fan to dry it and that totally eliminates the itchy feeling I get otherwise. I use it after showering with no problems if I use this technique. For me, it works for about 3 days. Will definitely repurchase. Oh, I took off a lippie because the roller does leak sometimes but the product works so well, I can definitely overlook that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2008 10:25:00 PM More reviews by ohiopirate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this product for years. It is really really effective for combating wetness. I suffered for years with sweating even during the winter until someone recommended this. I have used it enough to only have to use it occasionally. I now use it like once every 2 weeks in the fall and winter and 2-3 times a week during the summer. It can sting if you use it on freshly washed skin or use it after shaving. The bottle also lasts forever. I still use a regular deoderant during the day since this only helps with wetness and not odor. I will never live without this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2008 3:20:00 PM More reviews by curlygirl45

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

After consulting MUA, I decided to try Certain Dri. I apply every other day, 2-3 small swipes on each armpit - on non-shaving days (however, have put it on several hours after shaving and it did itch for about 15 minutes and got a little red, redness gone by morning though). When it's hot, the bottle seems leaky - don't know why.

It works - my shirts smell like I haven't even worn them - I do use the Fresh Sugar rollon in the morning.

I have found the back of my neck to get extremely sweaty - but since I'm perimenopausal - it could be due to that - but my pits are dry and can lift my arms in confidence!

Thank you MUA....

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by ellaelise

I, too, had a terrible reaction to this product. I have NEVER had sensitive skin (especially on my body), but within minutes of using this product (as directed), I begin to itch & burn unbearably. If I don't immediately wash it off, then my whole body turns beet red. It's unfortunate because I really do find this to be one of the most effective antiperspirants out there, but it really does seem to be a toss up whether or not you can use it. Regular antiperspirants do not help me at all (even at 20%+) but Arrid Extra Dry Cream (it looks like it comes in a shoe polish container!) keeps me super dry, smell-proof, and doesn't irritate. If you have problems with Certain Dri, try that.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by poisoncheesecake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Be careful of this stuff. I used this and it made me itch and burn like crazy, and it caused giant painful lumps to appear. I went to my doctor and it had irritated me so bad , I had a massive infection! I only used it 2-3 days. The pain was so bad I had to have 2 pain killers and was bed ridden for 2 days. BE careful!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2008 11:56:00 PM More reviews by navywendy

works awesome. makes my armpits not wet anymore. i find i forget to use deodorant now and i don't smell bad if i do. will purchase again for sure

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2008 11:26:00 PM More reviews by loovexemilyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Certain Dri=Love. This stuff works like a charm!
I couldn't live without it. Secret Clinical disappointed me, majorly. This is so much better, and half the price!

Pros:
(If applied correctly) NO sweat. NADA. Shirts smell like I never even wore them. My arms stay dry, completely. At the end of the day, even my invisible solid is dried on from when I applied in the morning, not drenched off.

Cons:
Put too much on, good luck... This literally feels like someone is sticking pins and needles into to your armpits and taking them back out. My armpits itch like crazy, and sometimes I'll wake up and they will be all red and sore. Not good. Plus, the bottle had a little leakage problem. But oh well.

Overall: Pros outweigh the cons. Definitely worth a shot! It has given me so much more confidence. Try it, I was NOT disappointed!