April 16, 2014 | 965 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2008 10:25:00 PM More reviews by ohiopirate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this product for years. It is really really effective for combating wetness. I suffered for years with sweating even during the winter until someone recommended this. I have used it enough to only have to use it occasionally. I now use it like once every 2 weeks in the fall and winter and 2-3 times a week during the summer. It can sting if you use it on freshly washed skin or use it after shaving. The bottle also lasts forever. I still use a regular deoderant during the day since this only helps with wetness and not odor. I will never live without this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2008 3:20:00 PM More reviews by curlygirl45

After consulting MUA, I decided to try Certain Dri. I apply every other day, 2-3 small swipes on each armpit - on non-shaving days (however, have put it on several hours after shaving and it did itch for about 15 minutes and got a little red, redness gone by morning though). When it's hot, the bottle seems leaky - don't know why.

It works - my shirts smell like I haven't even worn them - I do use the Fresh Sugar rollon in the morning.

I have found the back of my neck to get extremely sweaty - but since I'm perimenopausal - it could be due to that - but my pits are dry and can lift my arms in confidence!

Thank you MUA....

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by ellaelise

I, too, had a terrible reaction to this product. I have NEVER had sensitive skin (especially on my body), but within minutes of using this product (as directed), I begin to itch & burn unbearably. If I don't immediately wash it off, then my whole body turns beet red. It's unfortunate because I really do find this to be one of the most effective antiperspirants out there, but it really does seem to be a toss up whether or not you can use it. Regular antiperspirants do not help me at all (even at 20%+) but Arrid Extra Dry Cream (it looks like it comes in a shoe polish container!) keeps me super dry, smell-proof, and doesn't irritate. If you have problems with Certain Dri, try that.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by poisoncheesecake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Be careful of this stuff. I used this and it made me itch and burn like crazy, and it caused giant painful lumps to appear. I went to my doctor and it had irritated me so bad , I had a massive infection! I only used it 2-3 days. The pain was so bad I had to have 2 pain killers and was bed ridden for 2 days. BE careful!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2008 11:56:00 PM More reviews by navywendy

works awesome. makes my armpits not wet anymore. i find i forget to use deodorant now and i don't smell bad if i do. will purchase again for sure

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2008 11:26:00 PM More reviews by loovexemilyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Certain Dri=Love. This stuff works like a charm!
I couldn't live without it. Secret Clinical disappointed me, majorly. This is so much better, and half the price!

Pros:
(If applied correctly) NO sweat. NADA. Shirts smell like I never even wore them. My arms stay dry, completely. At the end of the day, even my invisible solid is dried on from when I applied in the morning, not drenched off.

Cons:
Put too much on, good luck... This literally feels like someone is sticking pins and needles into to your armpits and taking them back out. My armpits itch like crazy, and sometimes I'll wake up and they will be all red and sore. Not good. Plus, the bottle had a little leakage problem. But oh well.

Overall: Pros outweigh the cons. Definitely worth a shot! It has given me so much more confidence. Try it, I was NOT disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 7:47:00 PM More reviews by curlycuesue

All I can say is Certain Dri is a godsend! I've been a faithful user for years, and it's just amazing. Yes, it gets very itchy if you apply too much, and yes, it irritates if you apply right after a shower, but it's totally worth it. I actually started applying it to my feet, too, and now they're totally dry. The only downside is b/c the sweat is prevented from coming out of my underarms and feet, my body compensates by releasing more sweat on my face, back, and neck. I'm contemplating applying CD to these places, but then where would all that sweat go?? Are my forearms and kneecaps gonna sweat profusely? ;-) Seriously though, b/c of CD, I no longer fear those dreaded pit-stains and can raise my arms in confidence. Thanks, Certain Dri!!! =)~

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 9:52:00 AM More reviews by besidetheocean

This stuff really works! It works so well that sometimes I forget that I even need to apply it at night. That's fine though, because one application can be effective for a few days at a time. I do still use a separate deodorant in the mornings since this is just an antiperspirant. My suggestion would be to definitely follow the directions closely and don't apply too soon after shaving or it can be painful. One or two swipes under each arm is plenty.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2008 11:58:00 AM More reviews by charmandluck

I just used this product last night. I read the reviews on makeupalley, and i said what the heck why not! I have nothing to lose! i am a teenager, and it's so embarrasing to raise your hand or even move your arms. It was 4.50 at target, so i thought that was pretty cheap. I read the directions 3x, and very slowly and carefully ( like people said.) I was kinda nervous if it would burn or itch, but it didn't! I was relieved. I went to bed an hour later, and woke up excited to see if this worked. And its 11:55 AM, and I blow dried, straightened, and am wearing a very non forgiving color and fabric to sweat. and guess what?? NO SWEAT!! I am wearing dove go fresh energizing , just so i have a clean scent. you dont need to buy the AM kind. I would reccomend this product to anyone who has a excessive sweating problem, and can't find any "clinical strength" products that work. TRY THIS! it is a miracle in a bottle, and this saved me.

i love it!!!!!

p.s i tried secret, dove,degree clinical strength. & nothing worked. I spent so much money, using 4 anti-persperants at one time, and nothign worked. I thought i would have to live with this my WHOLE LIFE, but trust me.. it is a confidence booster, and you'll really want to move your hands around. i would even sweat in 30 degree weather!! and with light shirts on!!!

UPDATE: i actually used this after i showered/shaved it stung for a minute. thats it :D

EDIT: 1 MONTH LATER.
im still using certain dri. every other day now. It doesn't work as well as it did in the begginning but its a keeper

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by delenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received a packet of trial sized Certain Dri pads with a CVS order and tested one out last night. I used one pad and applied just as directed, a few strokes under each arm at bedtime. My skin was not broken or irritated, I had not recently shaved and I had not just bathed.

This product is not for me. An hour after application, my armpits were so itchy that I had to get up and wash the product off. I can't comment on effectiveness as an antiperspirant/deodorant, obviously, but this should be used with caution by those with allgeries or sensitive skin.