November 20, 2014 | 1944 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 6:51:00 PM More reviews by oohollyoo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i recently rec'd my free sample kit. through the reviews i ordered the buttered tan, natural med beige, and winged butter incase the rest were too dark. im fair-med nc 30-35 in mac. i am happy to say natural med beige is a perfect match and buttered tan was a tad off. the matte foundation is not extremeley matte, it looks and feel semi-matte which is ok for my combo skin. i still have my bare minerals kit but i think i will be ordering this from now on . i hate that sheen that bare minerals have. im not returning it only bc of the brushes
edit: after a wk i noticed i needed to reapply pretty often and the makeup did not last all day or even 5 hrs. so i will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by TeaMonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This is the greatest foundation on the planet. Ever.

The matte formula goes on sheer, evens out the skin without looking chalky or like a mask; does a god job with controlling oil, but I still need to use the Silk Dust to make the matte finish last.
I can wear Olive Fair, Buff Fair Neutral and even Cool Fair depending on the clothing, other makeup, the time of the year and lighting (day or evening).
I use Beige Fairly Light as an under-eye concealer. It's too dark for me to use as a foundation, but because of this, and because it look slightly peachy on me, it covers my greenish under-eye circles perfectly, blends in beautifully without trying too hard or looking chalky or *off*.
The company gives away free samples (a brilliant idea) and this gives you an opportunity to find a perfect finish and color match. The packaging allows for mixing foundations if you're in between colors.
A little goes a long way. You can layer for more coverage, however, for more prominent spots, spider veins, under-eye circles etc. a concealer is needed.
If you have red overtones, I suggest trying very little Golden Fair, Olive Fair foundation or Mint concealer under your foundation to counter the redness, as the redness can make an otherwise perfect color match appear off.
As for judging if the foundation matches or not, inspect it in a mirror in daylight. Don't judge it from photos because it can appear lighter or darker or simply different than it actually is - that is because ZnO and TiO are not camera-ready.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by kayteea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Let me just say that EDM's prices are great..better quality than BE for a friggen fraction of the price:) I got two sample kits, one being matte and the other, semi-matte. I usually tend to go for matte everything, but I personally think the semi-matte is better for me in this case. Yes, matte does have better lasting power, but I do not like how it wears. I have oily skin and after wearing this for about 8 hours, it starts looking a little blotchy and dry..not so natural. No matter how little I try to apply, it ends up looking too heavy for me. I'm glad it works great for a lot of people but it doesn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by adri721

This is my HG foundation. I have combination skin that gets oily really fast around my T-zone and flaky dry near the bottom of my cheeks. The matte formula does an amazing job at taking away the shine while also not drying out the rest of my face. I do always use moisturizer though before applying any makeup. The coverage is excellent and the color matches my skin well.

I used to wear BE and I absolutely hated the weird sheen of their products. Thanks to Makeupalley, I found out about Everyday Minerals and I am never going back to BE. The price of EM also can't be beat. Especially if you order one of the custom kits. I got the personal custom kit and at $32 total for 6 items, I paid just over $5 for a full sized 8g foundation. I can't believe I got so ripped off paying $60 for a tiny intro kit from BE. I am a complete EM convert now and recommend this brand to everyone without hesitation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2008 12:17:00 PM More reviews by theotherbox

First of all I must say I live in Houston, Texas where it is always 80%+ humidity!! I need something that will keep my face oily skin from looking like I bathed in grease!! I wore BE in Medium for over 2 years, and did not like the shine that would form an hour later.

I ordered several samples from Everyday Minerals and Alima minerals (www.alimacosmetics.com). Both were matte finishes that were recommend for oily skin. Everyday Minerals in Medium Matte was a perferct match to my skin tone and covered alot more than BE, but it also did not feel like I wearing alot of makeup. I like to keep my makeup as natural as possible, but still be able to cover my flaws. Alima (Neutral 4) provided way more coverage than EM & BE, but for me...personally it was a little too much. (Even though my friends still said it looked like I wasn't wearing any make up.) However, I do believe Alima did a better job at keeping the oil slicks away. After switching back and forth between the two products... I finally decided to order the EM foundation.

After reading dozens of reviews, many suggest that EM is way cheaper. Well...yeah the price is lower than the avg jar of BE materials, but is anyone doing the math of how much you are paying per gram? I found all the mineral make ups (BE, EM, and Alima) to all run about the same price. In fact I would rank them for cheapest to most expensive...Alima, EM, and then BE. But one way to reduce cost when ordering EM is to order the custom kits you can create and select yourself. I ordered the "Personal Customer Kit" for $32 (about $40 w/shipping). I customized my kit to have 2 foundations, 2 finishing powders, 1 Concealer in Mint (which is absolutely awesome!!!!), and one lip color. If I wore to order all of the prices without the custom package...for the same items in the same amount, it would come out to $60!! NOT including S&H!!!!

I would suggest everyone to order the FREE samples from EM, and the $1.00 samples with a good generous amounts from Alima. And make a comparison for yourself. In fact, I will be keeping my Alima samples around for the "important days" (weddings, formal events, interviews....)

Also to keep the oil & shine away, Please read the reviews on Milk of Magnesia..I HIGHLY recommend it!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

A few months ago, I decided to change from BE MMU since the bismuth was really starting to irritate my skin. I got these weird little rashes alongside my nose and had intermittent, severe eyelid irritation flare-ups which would necessitate hot compresses and no eye MU until it all cleared up. I was seriously miserable and couldn't figure out what the trigger was for the longest time, then I hit on the bismuth.

Besides, BE would get a little orangey and shiny on me, and I thought it started to look bad. I had tried EM before but didn't like the color match as much as BE. But I was so desperate to switch from BE that I gave EM another chance...SOOOOOO glad I did...It turns out that warm medium beige works PERFECTLY on me, and the consistency is buttery with decent coverage. This is now going to be my go-to brand for concealer (I use MMU as concealer only) now. No awful bismuth, few ingredients, and it's so reasonably priced! What a dream!

I will NEVER go back to BE, ever, ever again...I LOVE the consistency of EM and will continue to buy their MMU for years to come...

Another incredible discovery I made is one which doesn't matter that much to me but is part and parcel of why this is a great foundation. I mentioned that I only use this as concealer. Well, I had to do my MU for a film shoot, and so I had to use a full face foundation. I decided to use this and WOW...I am just amazed at how natural this looks! I really do hate foundation and would never wear it all over my face on a daily basis, but I do need it for photo shoots. When I have to do my own MU, this stuff is amazing and it photographs so convincingly! It doesn't sink into pores, doesn't emphasize lines and gives the most beautiful airbrushed type finish. I also don't get the shine I usually get from other foundations, especially after being under the lights for a while.

UPDATE: I don't understand how this can work with my skintone for a while, then not, then it does again. And this is with no changes in my facial skin tone. Is this oxidizing or something? I can't use this as concealer anymore because this shade looks too orangey on me. And none of the other shades work on me. So I will relegate this to usage in photo shoots as an all-over foundation, but no longer will I use this as a concealer. This also looks powdery and cakey even with major buffing when I use this as a concealer. I am done. Can't deal with this problem anymore. I've gone back to liquid concealer (MAC Select Moisturecover and Lancome Complet) and am much, much happier...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by ohboy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely love EM and I didn't expect to. Most MMU I've tried just settled in my lines and showed me pores I didn't know I had. EM's matte formula goes on weightlessly. I'm still working on the right shade but with their choices, I know I'll find a match. I like the coverage of Intensive but you do know it's on; so my plan is to use Intensive like a concealer and dust with Matte to finish the job. Prices are so reasonable and I like the way they offer different customized kits. Definitely worth the try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I have combo skin and love MMU, but hate that BE gets shiny by the middle of the day, which is why I selected several EM samples in the matte formula to go in my sample kit. It goes on a bit drier than the semi-matte but it only controls oil slightly better than the semi-matte formula. However, overall it's still better than BE. With BE I am more shiny, while with EM matte or semi-matte I am dewy :) I'll try intensive next and see if that does the trick.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2008 6:42:00 PM More reviews by bpool

I love everyday minerals!!! I have tried numerous products and love them ALL. The Matte formula is really really good for oily skin even though it doesn't cover as well as the intesive I still like the matte a little better. The trick I learned is applying the fair intensive concealer first, all over my face, and then apply my matte foundation! So the concealer provides the coverage I need and the matte formula helps with my oil! WOHOO

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 1:51:00 AM More reviews by itzjuzKT

I LOOOOVE this product, I cannot begin to tell you how happy to finally give this a try. I was skeptical at first because the price is sooooooooo cheap, almost too good to be true so I ordered the free samples (which are awesome by the way cuz there's no limit), and when I tried it on, ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!! it felt soooooooooooooooooooooooo nice on my skin, it looked flawless and effortless, and I have lots of acne scars and imperfections but this erases those imperfections and transformed my face. I'm NC-20 but I am using light medium because I'm pale during the winter and it matched my skin PERFECTLY, I was blown away when I saw the final finish. I used their concealer, Spring with the concealer brush from BE and buff on the powder with the BE kabuki brush and I find it works wonderful, then I finish it off with their Theme Park blush, and it looked very good. Overall, I am definitely IN LOVE with this product and will purchase the foundation. Ladies, if U spend tons of money on big brand names like I used to, U are missing out on trying on the IT makeup.