April 20, 2014 | 1655 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

A few months ago, I decided to change from BE MMU since the bismuth was really starting to irritate my skin. I got these weird little rashes alongside my nose and had intermittent, severe eyelid irritation flare-ups which would necessitate hot compresses and no eye MU until it all cleared up. I was seriously miserable and couldn't figure out what the trigger was for the longest time, then I hit on the bismuth.

Besides, BE would get a little orangey and shiny on me, and I thought it started to look bad. I had tried EM before but didn't like the color match as much as BE. But I was so desperate to switch from BE that I gave EM another chance...SOOOOOO glad I did...It turns out that warm medium beige works PERFECTLY on me, and the consistency is buttery with decent coverage. This is now going to be my go-to brand for concealer (I use MMU as concealer only) now. No awful bismuth, few ingredients, and it's so reasonably priced! What a dream!

I will NEVER go back to BE, ever, ever again...I LOVE the consistency of EM and will continue to buy their MMU for years to come...

Another incredible discovery I made is one which doesn't matter that much to me but is part and parcel of why this is a great foundation. I mentioned that I only use this as concealer. Well, I had to do my MU for a film shoot, and so I had to use a full face foundation. I decided to use this and WOW...I am just amazed at how natural this looks! I really do hate foundation and would never wear it all over my face on a daily basis, but I do need it for photo shoots. When I have to do my own MU, this stuff is amazing and it photographs so convincingly! It doesn't sink into pores, doesn't emphasize lines and gives the most beautiful airbrushed type finish. I also don't get the shine I usually get from other foundations, especially after being under the lights for a while.

UPDATE: I don't understand how this can work with my skintone for a while, then not, then it does again. And this is with no changes in my facial skin tone. Is this oxidizing or something? I can't use this as concealer anymore because this shade looks too orangey on me. And none of the other shades work on me. So I will relegate this to usage in photo shoots as an all-over foundation, but no longer will I use this as a concealer. This also looks powdery and cakey even with major buffing when I use this as a concealer. I am done. Can't deal with this problem anymore. I've gone back to liquid concealer (MAC Select Moisturecover and Lancome Complet) and am much, much happier...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by ohboy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely love EM and I didn't expect to. Most MMU I've tried just settled in my lines and showed me pores I didn't know I had. EM's matte formula goes on weightlessly. I'm still working on the right shade but with their choices, I know I'll find a match. I like the coverage of Intensive but you do know it's on; so my plan is to use Intensive like a concealer and dust with Matte to finish the job. Prices are so reasonable and I like the way they offer different customized kits. Definitely worth the try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combo skin and love MMU, but hate that BE gets shiny by the middle of the day, which is why I selected several EM samples in the matte formula to go in my sample kit. It goes on a bit drier than the semi-matte but it only controls oil slightly better than the semi-matte formula. However, overall it's still better than BE. With BE I am more shiny, while with EM matte or semi-matte I am dewy :) I'll try intensive next and see if that does the trick.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2008 6:42:00 PM More reviews by bpool

I love everyday minerals!!! I have tried numerous products and love them ALL. The Matte formula is really really good for oily skin even though it doesn't cover as well as the intesive I still like the matte a little better. The trick I learned is applying the fair intensive concealer first, all over my face, and then apply my matte foundation! So the concealer provides the coverage I need and the matte formula helps with my oil! WOHOO

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 1:51:00 AM More reviews by itzjuzKT

I LOOOOVE this product, I cannot begin to tell you how happy to finally give this a try. I was skeptical at first because the price is sooooooooo cheap, almost too good to be true so I ordered the free samples (which are awesome by the way cuz there's no limit), and when I tried it on, ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!! it felt soooooooooooooooooooooooo nice on my skin, it looked flawless and effortless, and I have lots of acne scars and imperfections but this erases those imperfections and transformed my face. I'm NC-20 but I am using light medium because I'm pale during the winter and it matched my skin PERFECTLY, I was blown away when I saw the final finish. I used their concealer, Spring with the concealer brush from BE and buff on the powder with the BE kabuki brush and I find it works wonderful, then I finish it off with their Theme Park blush, and it looked very good. Overall, I am definitely IN LOVE with this product and will purchase the foundation. Ladies, if U spend tons of money on big brand names like I used to, U are missing out on trying on the IT makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by rubyred719

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only makeup line that I use and that actually works for me. I have oily skin and at times I get one or two blemishes. I have an oily t-zone when I get heated up and this makeup does a good job controlling it. I love the smooth application and how pure and sheer it is. This makeup doesn't make you look made up. It looks very natural, like you were born with naturally great skin. I love this makeup so much that I have recommended it to my coworkers and have given these away for Christmas. This makeup also has great staying power which will last through the day and almost throughout the entire night. They have lots of color choices to choose from so that means any woman can find the right color for herself. And best of all, the PRICE! Very cheap. The product is high quality but the price is almost dirt cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2008 9:58:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using Bare Minerals medium foundation for years, but lately it just doesn't seem to look right. It might be my over 40 skin - I look like I'm wearing a mask. It looks unnatural. So I thought I'd try something new. I bought the sample kit after reading the rave reviews here. I love the fact EM are cruelty-free. The price can't be beat. The samples are VERY generous, and if you can find your right shade, it's the bargain of the century. The consistency is very fine; like silk. The problem is finding the right color and finish. Unfortunately I can't seem to find my right shade.The ones I selected look too yellow, the buff didn't look right either. I'd been thinking of trying Merle Norman's powder foundation but shied away from the price. Now I'm thinking that by the time I find the right shade and finish (matte, intensive, etc.) I could spend almost that much. I wish they worked for me, but I'm still looking for my new foundation.
3/4/08 Update: Well, I'm happy to say that I found a VERY nice match for my skintone - the multitasking concealer. What a nice finish! Very happy!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2008 11:42:00 AM More reviews by LipGlossLuv

For reference I'm NW20 (23-ish to be exact) and wear this in Beige - Fairly Light. I have combination skin - just a slightly oily T-zone, sometimes dry under my eyes, the rest of my face is normal. (Sorry that this review's so long!)
Oil Control - The one downside to this formula is that it's not so good at controlling oil. I think Semi-Matte or Intensive would be better for oily skin because, even on my skin which isn't that oily, it just gets all... well... oily =P. It's not terrible, just not as good as Semi-Matte or Intensive. This is the only reason I wouldn't buy this particular formula again, because I know that other formulas are better for controlling oil.
Lasting power & application - That being said, it does have great lasting power on the less oily parts of my face, and I can achieve an airbrushed look with it - but the secret is to BUFF. The more you buff, the more flawless this will look. When I want to look airbrushed I buff this powder into my face for a few minutes and WOW - it looks glowy but still flawless! =D It won't budge around on your face either, once you apply it it sort of "melts" into your skin (but if you remove it, it won't clog your pores!). I use and love the MAC 182 but I also sometimes use the EM Long-handled Kabuki (e.g. when my 182 has just been washed) and love that one too!
Colours - Everyday Minerals also offers a huge colour range - I think it'd be almost impossible to not find a shade that matches you especially since it says on the website that you can easily mix them to make new shades.
Price - It's cheap too! A full size jar costs only $12 and it lasts for AGES. I'm still on my first jar and I have been using this for well over half a year, because you really don't need much to achieve the "flawless" look (if you buff!).
Ingredients etc. - What I also love about it is that the ingredients are natural. So when you put this on, it doesn't only FEEL like your wearing no makeup, it's actually pretty like that, because your not getting nasty chemicals stuck in your pores like with other foundations.
Contains: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide.
May contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue.
I totally recommend this for anyone who has normal skin, for slightly (and I mean verrry slightly) oilier skin types I would suggest checking out reviews for Semi-Matte or Intensive and for dry skin I would recommend Original Glow formula. Everyday Minerals has a free sample kit (only about $3.95 or something for shipping to US, around $5 for shipping internationally) so I would really recommend trying it out!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 11:22:00 PM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I can tell the make-up is good, and probably a solution to my foundation problems (I have very oily skin and foundation melts off by lunchtime), but I cannot find a match. I've ordered sample kit upon sample kit, I've mixed and mixed and mixed, but I just cannot get a good match (I'm probably NC20). The powders are either too white and chalky, or too dark and get darker with break-through shine.

I'm in absolute awe of women who get mineral make-up right. I don't know how they do it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 2:54:00 PM More reviews by barbiedollcurves

I had gotten the sample kit shipped fast in the mail. I got fairly light & fairly light neutral. I got both colors in intensive & fairly light neutral in matte because of all the rave reviews on makeupalley (loveyous!) . the product was a good cover. I'm trying it again today because I needed to use powder (pressed) afterward because my skin was so glowy and shiney. I think I moisturziered too much. this stuff has a great moisture-rich formula, but it might be breaking me out. oh I hope not. I'm going to try it again today a little differently and see what happens. still don't have a primer, but I use baby powder sometimes and usually my liquid fades into this nasty mess & when I apply my babypowder you see the nasty lines from my foundation and all these dry patches but with Everyday Minerals it went on smooth and no dry patches, just perfectness. it didn't budge through a whole movie with friends, dinner, or late night picture taking. which was 9 hrs? amazing. loved it. btw; I'm an NC25