The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

3.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (Viscosity Modifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Polyquaternium-10 (Hair Conditioner), Sodium Salicylate (Preservative), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Yellow 5 (Colour), Blue 1 (Colour).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

GREAT Product for oily, acne pron skin. My daughter uses it and it works wonders for her. She has tryed dermalogica, proactive and many other and the results did not even come close to what they have with this product. LOVE IT for her

Yes I would continued to buy this product..why? because it's so easy to get, not so over cost and works well with my sensitive face. Doesn't know yet the effects on my blemished yet though. It does dry my lips, but it doesn't matter, I have my hg lipbalm and everything's going to be ok.

I don't put much expectation on this in treating acne, I just thing it's a good cleanser.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this only because I was stuck in the San Francisco airport for 8 hours and The Body Shop was right next to my gate and I desperately wanted to wash my face. I had had success with other tea tree oil cleansers in the past (the Desert Essence one) which is why I bought this one.

I used this only a couple of times before putting it in my bathroom cabinet, never to be used again for over a year. I recently pulled it out again and decided to try using it more regularly. I have fairly oily skin that is prone to break outs and at the moment, the weather here is hot, sticky and HUMID.

After a few days regular use, I started to notice the skin in the corners of my mouth to get very raw and scaly feeling. I've had a history with contact dermatitis before (in a variety of forms) and this, to me, screamed "contact dermatitis". I've had a lot worse reaction to Eucalpytus Oil in a different cleanser. So, I'm going to have to stop using this cleanser as I'm afraid I'll end up with a worse reaction than I currently have if I continue to use it. I did not use it in my eye area (I use a seperate eye makeup remover), so thank goodness for that or my eyes could be in serious trouble right now.

Yes, this cleanser will smell HEAVILY like Tea Tree Oil, which isn't the most pleasant scent in the world. I think this cleanser has a bit more concentration of TTO in it that just pushed my skin slightly over the edge. Milder TTO products I don't think have quite the same effect.

Because of the anti-bac properties of TTO, and to not have to chuck an almost full bottle of cleanser, I'll likely save this as a body wash.

I have very sensitive skin, I used a few facial washes and they all irritated my skin. However, after using my sisters bottle of this stuff a couple of times, my skin felt refreshed and was not irritated in the slightest.
I purchased a bottle for myself, and was pleased to find that the price wasn't as high as I had anticipated. Now that I have used the bottle to almost empty, I have noticed that my skin does become pretty dry after washing it.. but it's nothing that moisturiser can not solve. Though, that is one of the reasons why this facial wash lost a
lipstick from me.
Another reason is that I have grown to not particularly liking the smell. At first it didn't bother me as much, but now I find it quite the opposite of refreshing. Although, likewise to the dry skin point, it is not an exceptionally 'lipstick altering' issue for me.
I would buy this facial wash again, simply because it's prevented break- out's thus far, and it hasn't irritated my skin anywhere near as much as other face cleansing/washing products. I LOVE the Body Shop, and they don't test on Animals, which is something I admire and appreciate.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I found this product to be over-drying for my skin and i HATED the smell. It didn't really do much for my skin at all. I'm glad i got to try this out in the small travel size bottle instead of the large.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This product dried out my skin way too much. It felt clean afterwards, but very tight. Over-drying is bad for oily skin because then your pores produce even more oil to compensate for the lack of moisture. I think it also made me break out more because it irritated my skin a little bit. The texture was nice, though, and I liked how it foamed.

I have to say, this product did nothing for my skin - though I have oily skin. It's only light face wash that makes your skin feel fresh but besides that, nothing thrilling, in fact it's quite average.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this face wash!
it makes my face less oily, and really helps with my acne! :D
most people who don't like it, is because you have sensivtive or dry skin.
this is meant for oily/blemished, it will dry your skin if you have dry skin.
but for me its PERFECT! i love it (:

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I would say it is a decent face cleanser for those who have oil and acne prone skin. My sister used this product for a week and it lessened for blemishes. However if you've got dry skin like myself then I don't recommend it as it dries up your skin even more because it "dries" up the blemishes.

It's price isn't that high up and I would rate this an average cleanser for teens.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

didn't work for me and my boyfriend. wasted my money. bad smell that is too strong. dried out my face but made my boyfriend face oily.