The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

3.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (Viscosity Modifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Polyquaternium-10 (Hair Conditioner), Sodium Salicylate (Preservative), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Yellow 5 (Colour), Blue 1 (Colour).

on 5/20/2010 1:53:00 AM

i don't know why it has low ratings. this is one of the best facial cleanser/bodywash that I've tried. This is non-drying, little tingling facial wash. i use this as my second cleanser after removing my makeup with shiseido cleanser. it moisturizes and prevents further acne problem. i also use it as body wash, specially for my chest and back. i am on my 4th bottle right now and i am very happy using it and hope other people can enjoy this product like i did. just try starter kit if you don't like it just return it. no harm!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I had the traveler's pack just to try it out but it didn't worked for me. I think it had to do with the toner and tea tree oil, the next morning my blemishes cleared up but came back the next day and my forehead was redder!
I recently tried to use the facial wash only, and my blemishes seems to have cleared up a little and my skin where there are blemishes are less red! Some blemishes returned the next day though. This facial wash gives a refreshing, cooling feeling which I like, and makes my facial skin feels soft and smooth. (: I might buy it again.

this is a very good refreshing cleanser for narmal to oily skin cleanse
skin without leaving any impurities & smells like real herbs
but as I always love to change I am currently looking for another
skin cleanser

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use 3 products from the Tea Tree line when my skin gets a few pimps and is more on the oily side. Most of the time i use the Aloe line. However i really do think this Tea Tree Wash really does the trick and i also use the toner after.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

at first, i buy it because my friend recommend
even though I already wear them during the 1st year, still no significant change in my face
my face is still very oily, blemishes, large pores, blackheads and my acne scars still there!!
so this product is not really work i think
but until now i still use it because it makes my face fresh
maybe it makes my face fresh because there's lemon tea tree is in that ingredients.

on 4/13/2010 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Over the winter my skin got really bad so I decided to give this face wash a shot.
What I like about it is that it leaves the skin very refreshed and clean. And at first I really thought it did something for my acne.
But after using it for a couple of months now, I'm not so sure anymore.
I've been using almost only products from the tea tree oil skincare line and it has dried out my skin quite a lot which caused more breakouts.
I think it could be good to use in the evening before putting on a very moisturizing night cream.
I still like the cleansing effect, I just don't think it does much for acne prone skin. And it also doesn't remove makeup, but I guess it's not supposed to.
All in all an okay product which can be very good if one learns how to use it right.

on 3/16/2010 5:24:00 AM

I would buy this one again though it is not a good regular face wash because:
- I think it really does something with acne and make them disappear quicker
- I notice it over-dries my skin so use just one drop only for each time and think this is pretty much enough for face washing. And the result is great. No longer worrying of dry skin :) or getting more oil afterwards
- I use fresh milk as my daily face wash so I touch this one (as milk does not do anything with acne) once or twice every 2 or 3 days.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the travel version of this product to try it out.

At first I thought my acne was reducing after that it stopped and my skin was still filled with pimples and more were developing.

I have never had dry skin but this seemed to dry out my skin and made my face feel tight and uncomfortable. I felt like my skin couldnt breathe!

It also caused me great irritation and burning when i applied the toner especially.

on 3/3/2010 5:40:00 PM

This face wash was okay - better than some I've tried, but not good enough to stick with, especially for the price. Tea tree oil works well for me, but gentle cleansing also works well for me, and this product is anything but gentle. It made my skin too dry, and the dryness tended to clog my teenage pores.

For $2 at the health food store I bought tea tree oil soap, which is far gentler on my skin. I'd recommend that over a special concoction like this.

on 3/2/2010 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a really harsh product containing irritating ingredients (alcohol, SLS, menthol). I bought this originally (along with the toner and blemish-fade night lotion) to clear a really bad breakout - it only made things worse (I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin).
It does lather really nicely and it did take all of my makeup off. My skin felt clean and tight (which is not a good sign) after cleansing. Using the above skin routine did control my oil... but my breakouts continued. This wash strips all of the oil from your face and causes your oil glands to secrete more oil which in turn made my breakouts continue. As well, the irritating ingredients made my acne more red and irritated.
I used this product for a month and then decided to switch to the Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser (<3) which soothed my irritated skin. I now use this as a wash for my makeup brushes.
I think this would be more suitable for people who have extremely oily skin and do not have sensitive skin.