April 16, 2014 | 1616 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by shineexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It comes in a big bottle and only costs 11 dollars or less.
It still leaves traces of make up and dirt so i have to use my toner to cleanse those off, but it definately get rid of my oil around T-zone. I like the refreshing smell and it helps skin from breaking out. I've used ALL the drug store products such as Clean&Clear (pretty much all of their acne/oily line products) , neutrogina, aveeno, and many others but didn' work. I guess salicylic acid and benzole peroxide really irritated my skin but tea tree oil works really well .

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Tindra78

Nothing special! Smells nice, but doesn't cleanse good enough! The face still feels a little greasy!

Won't buy again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

Didn't make my face worse nor better. Finished the (trial-size) bottle but won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Kittens88

I was getting desperate for a facial cleanser that would help with my stubbron breakouts. I have tried every cleanser made by Clean and Clear, Neutrogena, Spectro Jel, you name it, it probably made it's way through my bathroom.
In conjunction with my benzoyl peroxide cream, I needed something that wasn't going to add to the dryness my skin was starting to display as a side effect.
One afternoon a friend and I made a trip out to a mall that is a few hours away from us, which is the only mall within 2 hours that has a Body Shop. She insisted we go their to look at their new collection of perfumes. While she was browsing I noticed the Tea Tree Oil display. I had used the Tea Tree Gel and wasn't impressed. But I was getting desperate and I have heard Tea Tree is the way to go. The sales lady came over and told me all of the benifits of the facial wash, and how she and her family swear by it. Was she pulling my leg? Probably, but I really wanted to believe that there was hope. So I caved and $11CDN later I had my hopefull HG facial wash.
Before I went to bed that night I said a little prayer hoping that this was it. As soon as I opened the bottle I was overwhelmed by the smell, but hey who cares. It doesn't last forever. I poured a nickle sized amount into my palm and began to wash my face. I was floored by how quickly it lathered into a foam and how I wouldn't need as much product!
After I dried my face I couldn't help but notice how soft my skin had become.
For the next couple of days I was thrilled to see a reduction in the oil on my face, and yet not add to the dryness from my cream. Breakouts were clearing up and nothing new was showing. I have found my HG of facial washes. It cleans off makeup like no other, and leaves your skin feeling re-freshed!
My only gripe?
It is so hard o squeeze it out of the bottle because it is so thick...but I can get over that!
Would recommend to anyone who has acne prone skin! It is an excellent product!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2009 4:17:00 AM More reviews by arabprincesa

I'm totally in love with this product. I was a little surprised to find out that people said this dried their skin...when used with moisturizer, it actually left my skin pretty oily (which is the reason I took of a lippie). I use this with the toner, and my skin feels fresh and looks good.

Now, I also started using this when I started using a new gel prescription from the dermatologist. The gel definitely made a huge difference...I don't feel like this cleanser is a miracle worker or anything, but it works well with other products. It has properties that are great for acne prone skin, but it doesn't dry my skin out either...which is probably the biggest plus. Every other acne cleanser or other type of product i've tried has dried up my face like crazy, even while i was using moisturizer. Plus, the cleanser is totally gentle on my skin...natural, and some proceeds go to a good cause (:

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2009 3:33:00 AM More reviews by crizon

the reason i'm not buying this product again is because i found a better cleanser than this one... i've used it almost a year... i was happy on the first few months however as time passes by it doesn't anymore deliver... i really wanted to love this product however i found a better one that delivers really well...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by bigfat_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I am on the fence about this one. I was unwittingly convinced into buying this (and the Tea Tree Oil Mattifying Moisurizer), by the sales gal while I was in the store shopping for a gift (it was one of those "buy one, get the second for half off" type of deal). At first, I was completely turned off by the smell (which was described to me as "crisp and clean")-- honestly, my first thought was "this smells like industrial bathroom cleaner." I don't know, something about it strangely reminded me of Lysol, or Mr. Clean.

The consistency is a little on the watery side, and when massaging it onto your skin, it doesn't quite lather or foam up (although I only use about a little more than a dime size's amount, which is enough I think). A strong word of caution: be sure to wipe off excess water off your forehead and brow area before massaging onto face; if this stuff gets in your eyes it stings like a m******, this is especially important because of its inherent runny consistency. I'm not sure if it's just me, but when I rinse this product off, it doesn't feel "clean". Like, I have to keep splashing water and rubbing my face because it feels "slippery", like the cleanser is still on me. I've resorted to using this while I take my morning shower.

I've been using this for about 7 months now, maybe 3 to 4 times a week. I've grown used to the smell, and it doesn't dry out my oily skin, or break me out, like it has with the other MA users. I think it's priced pretty fairly (about $13 for an 8oz bottle in Hawaii). But I'm not sure if I will repurchase after finishing up this bottle. It hasn't made my skin worse, but also hasn't done much to improve it either.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2009 5:29:00 AM More reviews by weiis86

E lid is hard to open. I didn't like it's smell cos of tea tree oil. It works like a normal cleanser to me, it didn't stop my face from breaking out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by callistinea

I don't know about anyone else but this cleanser has been really good for my combination/acne prone skin! It has reduced the size of my pores/pimples and cleanses very thoroughly. However you do have to use a rich moisturizer afterward. I broke out initially when I used it but that's expected from starting a new product most of the time.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Eeeek! All I can say is "proceed with caution". Although this IS a good cleanser with unbeatable Tea Tree Oil for oily skin and blemishes, I found that if I use it too frequently it REALLY dries my skin out very badly. Peeling/raw badly. I've resorted to using it only 3x's @ week or else I have to deal with flakes all around my mouth and lips. I can't say it's bad, and I can't give it a bad rating, just go slowly, esp. if you're going to use the TTO line.