The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

3.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (Viscosity Modifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Polyquaternium-10 (Hair Conditioner), Sodium Salicylate (Preservative), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Yellow 5 (Colour), Blue 1 (Colour).

on 6/8/2010 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Before i used this facial wash, i used to have breakouts all the time. 3days after using this, my pimples started to clear up, and on my 7th day of use, its gone. unbelievable? maybe. but yes, it happened to me.
For people with dry and sensitive skin, stay away from this product because it will definitely dry out your skin and will cause breakouts. I have a very oily skin especially in T-zone. This product really works for people with oily skin because it controls oil production and also prevent acne breakout. I'm now on my 3rd bottle.

on 5/31/2010 3:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Really everything was said about this product. Very average. I gave it all 3's. This is a product I would expect buying from a drugstore. I will be honest, this does nothing for my skin. It's just a light face wash. I normally don't dare let my bf/fiance touch any of my products even the drugstore ones, but this one i left out purposely for him to use.After writing this review I realize how low I think of this product. I am actually changing my ratings to a 1 except I left the price at a 3. I remember the TTO line 10 years ago when it first came out. I am unhappy.

on 5/31/2010 8:34:00 AM

I bought this and the rest of the products from the Tea Tree range and used religiously and as recommeded by the SA and as the weeks grew on I saw my acne get progressively worse so i am now left with awful bordering on severe acne and to top it all off the cap on the bottle came off. I personally thing it is too strong to use on acne and could very well aggravate and irritate it.

on 5/22/2010 7:11:00 PM

this makes a great gentle, daily cleanser. i can't say it does a whole lot for my acne, but i like the refreshing sensation and it makes my face feel clean.

on 5/20/2010 1:53:00 AM

i don't know why it has low ratings. this is one of the best facial cleanser/bodywash that I've tried. This is non-drying, little tingling facial wash. i use this as my second cleanser after removing my makeup with shiseido cleanser. it moisturizes and prevents further acne problem. i also use it as body wash, specially for my chest and back. i am on my 4th bottle right now and i am very happy using it and hope other people can enjoy this product like i did. just try starter kit if you don't like it just return it. no harm!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I had the traveler's pack just to try it out but it didn't worked for me. I think it had to do with the toner and tea tree oil, the next morning my blemishes cleared up but came back the next day and my forehead was redder!
I recently tried to use the facial wash only, and my blemishes seems to have cleared up a little and my skin where there are blemishes are less red! Some blemishes returned the next day though. This facial wash gives a refreshing, cooling feeling which I like, and makes my facial skin feels soft and smooth. (: I might buy it again.

this is a very good refreshing cleanser for narmal to oily skin cleanse
skin without leaving any impurities & smells like real herbs
but as I always love to change I am currently looking for another
skin cleanser

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use 3 products from the Tea Tree line when my skin gets a few pimps and is more on the oily side. Most of the time i use the Aloe line. However i really do think this Tea Tree Wash really does the trick and i also use the toner after.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

at first, i buy it because my friend recommend
even though I already wear them during the 1st year, still no significant change in my face
my face is still very oily, blemishes, large pores, blackheads and my acne scars still there!!
so this product is not really work i think
but until now i still use it because it makes my face fresh
maybe it makes my face fresh because there's lemon tea tree is in that ingredients.

on 4/13/2010 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Over the winter my skin got really bad so I decided to give this face wash a shot.
What I like about it is that it leaves the skin very refreshed and clean. And at first I really thought it did something for my acne.
But after using it for a couple of months now, I'm not so sure anymore.
I've been using almost only products from the tea tree oil skincare line and it has dried out my skin quite a lot which caused more breakouts.
I think it could be good to use in the evening before putting on a very moisturizing night cream.
I still like the cleansing effect, I just don't think it does much for acne prone skin. And it also doesn't remove makeup, but I guess it's not supposed to.
All in all an okay product which can be very good if one learns how to use it right.