Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.2

on 12/16/2007 9:54:00 PM

This eyeliner is alright in my opinion. I would probably hate it if I actually had to pay for it but It was given to by a friend. It's kindof hard to apply and when I smudge it by accident it's hard to fix. When I don't mess up it's a realllly nice line and it stays for awhile! I think i'll stick to pencil eyeliners as they are easier for me to use!

on 12/14/2007 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Not only does the ink gel itself costs a BOMB, the eyeliner brush adds another hole to my pocket. I really don't get all the raves about this product. The brush gets out of shape after awhile, and sometimes the eyeliner smudges on my upper and lower eyelids. I have never had this upper eyelid smudging problem with other gel/liquid eyeliners. But it is indeed lasting. I'll give it that...otherwise....over-rated.

on 11/21/2007 10:34:00 PM

rich black, never smudge. i love this eyeliner!

on 11/18/2007 9:25:00 PM

This is the only eyeliner I've found that is truly waterproof. It really is pitch black. The cost is a little expensive for eyeliner but it does last a long time. Mine has dried out around the edges but there's still plenty, though I don't wear it on a daily basis because I prefer something quicker and more natural looking. It also takes a while to get used to applying this with a brush, especially if you're used to liquid and pencil liners.

on 11/3/2007 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is ok, but I ended up falling in love with Urban Decay 24/7 pencil liner in zero. I just find a pencil easier to apply and smudge. The gel was just too thick and unflattering a line on me, and I like the look a pencil liner gives me so much better. Otherwise this is pretty good, and stays on well

on 10/25/2007 8:47:00 AM

I think the name of this product is a bit of a misnomer. It's not really a gel, more of a creamy cake eyeliner. It is quite easy to apply and is reasonably long-wearing. My main problem with this however is that it dries out so quickly. By the time you've had the pot for a couple of weeks the content starts to dry out quite rapidly, until eventually it's so dry it's quite unusable and it has to be thrown away. I'm not leaving the pot lid off so maybe it's just that I don't use it as often as other reviewers. But for that reason, it would be a waste of money to re-purchase.

on 10/24/2007 1:46:00 AM

Way better than MAC's Blacktrack! This stuff stays put and doesn't irritate my eyes like blacktrack does. Can't wait to get more colors!

on 10/7/2007 3:54:00 PM

My new HG eyeliner. Eyeliner is really the only thing that I wear every day, and I have tried them all. Pencils usually smudge on me, liquids are really hard to put on, and I am surprised that it took this long for me to try a gel. Given the workable texture of a gel, I thought for sure that it would smudge and not stay put.

This stuff goes on almost as easy as a pencil - much easier than a liquid. After you apply it, there is a short period of time where you can smudge it a bit, but after that it is there all day until you take it off.

This is by far the best liner I have ever used. The color is a rich, true black. Also, it does not irritate my eyes at all.

on 8/29/2007 10:58:00 PM

I thought it couldn't get any better than MAC gel liners until I tried this one. I'm i love! This eyeliner goes on super black and stays all day, even in the high humidity I live in. It's super easy to apply and has a better consistancy than MAC. I just apply and set with a loose powder or eyeshadow and I'm set for the day...and night.

on 8/14/2007 10:46:00 PM

I love this liner. It goes on very smoothly and doesn't wear off. Use it with a MAC 266 slanted liner brush for best results.
Edit: I actually prefer using my 209 brush with this as it gives a thinner line and is just as easy to control.