MAC Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

4.4

on 10/15/2010 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This was the first ever eyeshadow that I purchased from MAC. When the MA put it on me in the store I loved it as I wanted a nice everyday eyeshadow. However, when I took it home I just could not get it to work for me and this makes me look very tired and ill. I have tried to pair this up with other shades but as soon as it goes on, it does not do me any justice! I am still trying to make this work, but yet to find a way to make it work on my skin tone. Any suggestions welcome!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What can i say about this shadow, Nothing good, Thanks to my NW20 skintone it just looks like i slapped a bunch of pinkish-brown glitter all over my eyes and had MAJOR FALLOUT on my face, Maybe its the Paint Pot i'm using, perhaps i should invest in Too Faced Shadow Insurance or UDPP, i'm seriously considering returning this shadow,

on 10/10/2010 6:44:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

A very nice shimmery, neutral, pinky brown colour. Beautiful lid colour, I would recommend it to anyone who wanted to try a mac eyeshadow. I think this would suit nearly everyone. This is one of those items that I will probably have in my collection forever.

on 10/8/2010 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

LOVE this color. An absolute MUST HAVE in anyone's palette. It's a peachy/pink/brown color and I love how nice this looks on my lids..omg..It's so beautiful. It's not a loud color. It's a natural looking color with shimmer in it. So beautiful!!!

on 10/8/2010 1:16:00 PM

Such a pretty warm toned champagne color but on me it looks just a TAD too orange. It's less orange on me than woodwinked & bronze but it looks orangey enough that I unfortunately do not reach for this color often. Such a shame bc I was hoping this would fulfill my quest for the perfect champagne. It's strange that all these colors look too orange on me because I'm yellowy-peachy-olive toned NC25-30 so obviously warm toned. I still do occasionally reach for this just because its so pretty and its not THAT orange. I use a cooler or more neutral color to balance it out But still not my cup of tea.

on 10/6/2010 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favorite MAC eyeshadow. Its such a flattering color on my skin, and looks great by itself or paired with different colors. I love using this eyeshadow with saddle in the crease. LOVE IT!!

on 10/3/2010 1:07:00 PM

OMG, this is by far my favorite e/s by MAC! I wear it all the time. Altough I got it only 6 months ago I'm about to hit pan on it. It's the perfect shimmery champagne color for an everyday look that is not over the top. Very work-appropriate!
Will sooo def repurchase it!

on 9/28/2010 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This color is a beautiful shimmery golden champagne. I actually had this and swapped it away cuz I just really did not like it. Then after seeing how many people loved it, I had to give it 1 more chance. So I ordered it again. This time, I can't get enough of it. I use it quite alot. Today I used it all over the lid with sable in the crease and shroom as a subtle hightlight. I used brown liner and mascara and it really makes my brown eyes pop, as they say. I'm usually one to wear darker makeup and this is a very different look for me. But it's so nice and easy to wear anywhere without looking over the top and it applies to smoothly and evenly without much effort. I will def buy this shadow again, I still can't believe I hated it so much the first time I bought it.

on 9/27/2010 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought "All That Glitters" due to the hype and I was SO excited when I got it. When I first tried it I thought it was really nothing special. However, this is one of my most reached for shadows! The more I use it, the more I see how great it is. The other day I mixed it with naked lunch for a change, added some texture in the crease and my green eyes were so bright - it looked awesome. I can definitely see myself hitting pan on this one. It's truly a great peachy champagne color and mixes well with naked lunch for a little more oomph!

on 9/22/2010 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

All I can is wow, I love this eye shadow. I use Painterly as a base on my eyelid then All That Glitters all over the lid also. A little spot of a highlighting e/s and Saddle e/s in the crease and I'm good to go. All That Glitters is a gorgeous peachy-gold shimmery shade but not over the top. At 48 I don't need 'shimmer' but this is enough without being too much...(make sense?). For evening you can use a little Studio Fix and make All That Glitters stand out a bit more for a more dramatic evening eye. It's perfection in a pot for my blue eyes!
For reference: NW20, red hair, blue eyes.