China Glaze Ruby Pumps

4.7

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The colour is gorgeous and you could get away with just one coat but I like to use two to get a more pigmented colour on my nails. I found this dried almost instantly and with a top coat it lasted for a week with no chipping...not even rubbing off the tip of my nail!

This polish is really hard to get off. I have a good nail polish remover but I think the sparkles in the polish like to stay on the nail when the red colour is rubbing away. I usually have to work twice as hard to get this polish off but that won't stop me from repurchasing.

on 12/28/2009 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

a classic! THE red nail polish.. i wear it for christmas every year and sometimes as a summer pedi. i think i have one of the bad versions though.. mine shows up much darker than the swatches usually show and i know there is more than one version.
still i cannot stop looking at it when it is on! though sometimes the glitter turns silver on me, which i cannot stand.

on 12/28/2009 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Perfect Christmas polish. Super fine red and gold glitter in a red jelly base. This is THE red glitter nail polish. This is opaque in two coats, but I think a third adds depth. Over Nail Tek Foundation II and topped with a coat of Seche Vite and it looks flawless and is dry in minutes. You really can't go wrong with this.

on 12/27/2009 9:06:00 AM

What a great nail polish! Love it! I wore this on Christmas Eve. It's super pretty. It's a red sort of creamy color with lots of red sparkles (fine glitter) in it. Very pretty and very Christmas-y. I got lots of compliments for my nails.

The staying power is amazing. Maybe the glitter is too much for office wear but this is a great nail polish for more festive occasions. I would definitely repurchase! continued >>

on 12/3/2009 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Beautiful color when it's first applied. Super dense sparkly red. Exactly what I think of when I think of ruby slippers. But even with a top coat it seemed to lose it's sparkle by the next morning and it became incredibly dull by the next night. It was also harder than most glitter polishes to remove. I won't repurchase only because I honestly won't use this often enough to get through the bottle.

I agree with the previous reviewers about the color--it's absolutely gorgeous! But I couldn't rate it a 5 since it just does not dry on my nails. Even if I use a rapid dry top coat and blast my nails with the hairdryer, I'll still get smoosh marks in my nail polish hours later. OPI's Smitten With Mittens is really similar (just a little darker) and dries very quickly so I'll wear that now when I want the look of Ruby Pumps.

on 11/26/2009 12:42:00 PM

Such a gorgeous polish! Pictures do not do this polish justice. This polish had a true red jelly base with red glitter than sparkles amazing in low light. Soooo gorgeous. This is the perfect holiday polish!!

on 11/23/2009 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this color for the holidays! It is so festive - in fact, the most festive red I've seen - makes me wanna go wrap a present or two. Such a sparkly red and not just your ordinary sparkles. Ruby pumps is such a perfect name for this polish because the sparkle is just as WOW-inducing as Dorothy's sparkly red shoes on the Wizard of Oz. It may be a little much for the office, but I've definitely found a winner for holiday parties & weekends for late November and all of December! Heck, I might continue wearing this throughout winter - it makes me that happy wearing it.

on 11/17/2009 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

When I was scared of Red Lipstick I used sheer reds lipsticks or stick glosses, well this is how I feel about Ruby Pumps, I love red nail polsih but the creams made my nails look just dirty and badly done.

This is an Idiot proof Nail Varnish that will win the hearts of all that love red and are scared of it.

I use this and I only sjow off my nails, get people in beauty counters staring at them too!!

Is maybe the best Polish ever made!

on 11/7/2009 12:51:00 PM

I can't comment on the price of this product as I received it in a swap. Have been looking for a sparkly red for a while now to replace the bottle of Jessica one I had (think that may have been called Ruby Slippers, not sure). This CHG one is a bit brighter -I know the Jessica one did look just like Dorothy's slippers - however following on from some fabulous suggesions on MUA I'm going to paint it over another red creme and see what the outcome is. Do love it in its own right though.

Top Rated China Glaze Products