October 24, 2014 | 1730 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by yarrthehotpants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with the previous reviewers about the color--it's absolutely gorgeous! But I couldn't rate it a 5 since it just does not dry on my nails. Even if I use a rapid dry top coat and blast my nails with the hairdryer, I'll still get smoosh marks in my nail polish hours later. OPI's Smitten With Mittens is really similar (just a little darker) and dries very quickly so I'll wear that now when I want the look of Ruby Pumps.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Dori319

Such a gorgeous polish! Pictures do not do this polish justice. This polish had a true red jelly base with red glitter than sparkles amazing in low light. Soooo gorgeous. This is the perfect holiday polish!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 8:31:00 PM More reviews by mrsbookworm

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this color for the holidays! It is so festive - in fact, the most festive red I've seen - makes me wanna go wrap a present or two. Such a sparkly red and not just your ordinary sparkles. Ruby pumps is such a perfect name for this polish because the sparkle is just as WOW-inducing as Dorothy's sparkly red shoes on the Wizard of Oz. It may be a little much for the office, but I've definitely found a winner for holiday parties & weekends for late November and all of December! Heck, I might continue wearing this throughout winter - it makes me that happy wearing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 5:52:00 AM More reviews by Gimferrer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I was scared of Red Lipstick I used sheer reds lipsticks or stick glosses, well this is how I feel about Ruby Pumps, I love red nail polsih but the creams made my nails look just dirty and badly done.

This is an Idiot proof Nail Varnish that will win the hearts of all that love red and are scared of it.

I use this and I only sjow off my nails, get people in beauty counters staring at them too!!

Is maybe the best Polish ever made!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 12:51:00 PM More reviews by VMARTIN57

I can't comment on the price of this product as I received it in a swap. Have been looking for a sparkly red for a while now to replace the bottle of Jessica one I had (think that may have been called Ruby Slippers, not sure). This CHG one is a bit brighter -I know the Jessica one did look just like Dorothy's slippers - however following on from some fabulous suggesions on MUA I'm going to paint it over another red creme and see what the outcome is. Do love it in its own right though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 8:18:00 AM More reviews by nliedel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just got my fingers on this, or rather my toes have it on and I love it. I felt no need to add any glitter (I like shinies), or any art to it at all. Just really red, shiny toenails. Perfect for a party I'm attending!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 7:54:00 AM More reviews by MsJuicyJ88

Being a manicurist I love this brand overall! It wears well and they have awesome shades! This one in particular I feel was extremely appropriate for their Christmas collection and is so fab! Love the color will recommend to all of my clients.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 7:34:00 AM More reviews by redcoat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have this colour on right now and I must say that I LOVE it. The red is so... red! And I love how it's just so sparkly and glittery! Reminds me of Christmas. I'd definitely wear this colour to Christmas parties.
I've only had it on for one day, so can't say much about how well it lasts on my nails. But application is easy and it doesn't streak. One coat is sufficient, but I went for 2 anyways.
All in all, a great polish!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 12:32:00 PM More reviews by nuls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is definately one of my favourite polishes. I wear it over a dark plum/burgandy which i thought was not for me as it was cheap and streaky. However one coat of ruby pumps and its totally totally gorgeous. I love it! It looks so good on neat short nails.
I have also tried it over brighter red polishes and it looks amazing. I love that ths polish transforms broing reds into eyecatching sophisticated colours. This polish is a must have for anyone who is a fan of red polishes. I always liked reds but with ruby pumps over the top - i LOVE them :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by poor_stargazer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Last winter while at my Brother and SIL's house for a party, I was making cinnamon rolls, and all my friends kept staring at my hands while I was kneading the dough. In silence I might add. I thought I was doing something wrong with the dough until my sister-in-law asked what my nail polish was, and then the rest of my friends added they were noticing it too. I was relieved that there was nothing wrong with my kneading dough skills. Anyway, this is, as stated below many times, a gorgeous ruby red jelly base with red glitter. Everyone (seriously), who buys this polish loves it! I layer this over black n/p sometimes too, and also konad over it to make it even awesome-er! I highly recommend an Über-high-gloss topcoat like Seche Vite or such.