Dior DiorShow Mascara Waterproof

3.3

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this mascara hoping that it would be great after reading all the reviews. I was wrong. I bought this at Bloomingdales a few weeks before my wedding as a treat. Luckily I decided to test it out before wedding day. Soot all under my eyes. I wonder what would have happened if I wore it to my wedding. Bad photos, much? I was embarrassed to bring it back but I did. I am not going to spend $23 on a mascara that I used once. The Dior counter girl switched me over to regular Dior Show which didn't soot as much but I wasn't hyped about considering the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I would not pay $23 for this mascara ever again. It is not a bad mascara but it is not worth that price tag. I picked it up because of all the hype and frankly I don't get the hype. I did not notice any false lash effect or any dramatic thickening or lengthening. It performed like a basic drugstore mascara. The big brush didn't do anything but make it hard to coat the tinier lashes at my inner corners. It smudged a bit too, even though it is waterproof and my trusty old drugstore wp mascaras never smudge on me. It gives a nice enough look but it is just not special enough to warrant such a high price. Now, my lashes are naturally long-ish, dark, and curly. Maybe if you have pale, short lashes you'll get a better result with this. I am sticking with Rimmel, Cover Girl, and Maybelline for mascara.

This is expensive, but for me worth every penny. I use it with Shiseido's mascara primer, and it lasts all day. Adds drama and length and I get compliments on my eyelashes all the time when I use this. If I really want to go long and dramatic, I'll layer this over Shiseido's lengthening mascara for a fake eyelash effect without the hassle of actually glueing on lashes :)

Pros:
Actually Waterproof
Smells good
Great Mascara Wand
Applies really smoothly.

Cons:
Expensive
Doesnt last that long (about 3 months if you use EVERYDAY)

I really like this mascara. I think it's overpriced but it has worked well for me so I'll probably buy it again. I got it for my wedding on the recommendation of one of the people at my nearby Sephora store (she told me she liked the Diorshow waterproof but NOT the regular kind, which I thought was interesting) and I'm really glad I did because it worked great and held up through my happy emotional tears. My eyes tend to get irritated very easily by mascaras but this has been one of the least bothersome so for me that alone makes it worthwhile. I recommend the waterproof over the regular Diorshow because I find it flakes a lot less and just holds up better through the day and looks just as good on your lashes. The brush is big and it gets hard to do the corners but it does make my lashes look pretty long and dramatic.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I caved.I admit defeat.I held out for nearly 6-(count em,6!) years being a member here without sampling the luxurious wares of the iconic beauty product that is DiorShow.So picture this-Sicily,2007.(Just kidding)-no,instead a lemming paused in deep thought on a wobbly diving board,weighing the pros and cons of leaping to its ultimate demise.Then comes a strong wind and mother nature makes its decision for it,sending it tumbling 'head over teakettle' as Downeastern Mainers are fond of saying-(it's a Maine thing; you wouldn't understand.)
For me, I needed that extra to get free shipping from Sephora,you know how that is .At any rate, I digress! Verdict-none too shabby. Does indeed give volume and length to my puny blondish lashes, and holds a curl rather well.I'm not fond of the "natural" eyelash look; I have none,so it's like the equivalent of a radical breast enhancement for me, I go ALL out. I've not tried this with my Lancome cils booster but I am eager to see the results with it.
My gripes are as follows-the price.EEP. Over $20 for something I'm going to toss in 3 mos makes my wallet cry,so this is going to be a once in a while for a treat mascara.
The brush,while attractive in its design, is a bit unwieldy. This will take some getting used to.
I did notice some smudging, which for a w/p mascara seems ironic(don't you think).
As for the pros, I listed some previously,and the packaging is just so luxe. I also like that rose scent-I wear rose day cream too and the scent is so comforting to me.
Imo, the cheaper version of this mascara is Lash Blast; similar effects yet LB is a mite more subtle (you get what you pay for).
So I'm going to drive this into the ground and get my $'s worth,and bat my rose scented,defined and voluptuous lashes until that happens.

I love this mascara! i bought the waterproof version because my eyes tears easily, and i've tried any brand from maybelline,loreal, and VOV, lancome,no one works! but diorshow waterproof is works well for me, no smudge at all after 8hours, even when i cried because my contact lens was split into a pieces.
the only problem is the comb, it's too big for my short-straight eyelashes. and it is too pricey for a bottle of mascara, but it is DIOR,so..i don't give a damn..LOL!
The results is like a magic...define my eyelashes, give a volume and makes my eyelashes looks much longer. it doesn't smudge at all compare to maxx factor volume couture. i would defenitely buy again..

I thought I'd try it cause I tried Diorshow regular. This smudged MORE than the non-waterproof version and it didn't really fatten my lashes as the other kind did. It is so hard to wash off even with eye makeup remover and double face washings.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Typically I don't like my mascara to be obvious (I usually wear Clinique Naturally Glossy) - but for my wedding I wanted more drama and, of course, waterproof. After hearing so many raves about Diorshow, I thought, well, the waterproof version, how different can it be?
Ugh. Different. Yes, it defines and separates and gives my lashes beautiful length and volume without clumping or giving me that dreaded 'spider eyes' look. However, it smudges like a sonofagun. Ridiculously, appallingly dark and obvious smudges beneath my eyes. The hugeness of the brush is another drawback - it makes it difficult to emphasize the corners of your eyes without it getting onto your skin. If it does get onto your skin it's insanely difficult to remove - yet it smudges. How? Why? How? I don't know, but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

This is a great mascara for providing full, thick lashes, but it's just way too expensive for a product that needs to be replaced every quarter. I get the same results from Max Factor's Volume Couture for a fraction of the cost. Just not worth repurchasing after doing the math.

Popular Mascaras