April 19, 2014 | 1603 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow Mascara Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2007 4:54:00 PM More reviews by cherrybombVIXEN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was disspointed with this mascara! After all the hype about it it I decided to try it! I love waterproof formulas so i decided to go with diorshow waterproof mascara in Black.. It weighed my lashes down and did not create any volume. Its expensive and It did not work for me. I preffer Max factor Volume Couture (waterproof) in rick black. It works way better and its only 6-7 dollars at the drugstore.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2007 3:49:00 PM More reviews by noname103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has been my favorite mascara for a while now. I started using big-brush mascaras with Benefit badgal but that stuff always gave me raccoon eyes so I switched to Diorshow. The regular diorshow mascara smudges pretty easily. Unfortunately this one isn't much better. It doesn't smudge for me until I've been wearing it all day and into the evening, but it will smudge after a work out or a nap. But this is the best mascara I've tried for making my lashes look thicker and longer.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2007 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Elise6

Very disappointed with this product - after DiorShow smudged badly on me, I hoped that I might have more luck with the waterproof version... so I applied one coat on my top lashes only. But no, it smudged too and only after a few hours! Not happy.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2007 2:13:00 PM More reviews by bignewfdog

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had great hopes for this mascara as Dior is a favorite on the MUAlley boards. It helped my lashes look much longer, but unfortunately within several hours I had raccoon eyes underneath. I haven't found anything that works better than Bobbi Brown no smudge for waterproof, but am still looking for the length that this gave in a waterproof formula. Too expensive & mis-marketed for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2007 6:25:00 AM More reviews by Orwell

PROS: It makes your lashes look huge and adds a considerable amount of volume. With the right technique, the large brush can be used to good effect and is particularly good and curling up the outside lashes. It is the best mascara on the market that I have tried for adding volume to your lashes.

CONS: It is not waterproof and I always have smudges in the bottom corners of my eyes after about 4 hours (including after attempting it with a lash protective coat).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2007 10:43:00 PM More reviews by t3ss

This mascara may not be the most WP mascara out there but it does give volume, length and most importantly the WP formula holds a curl!! Definately a HG for me! :D

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2007 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Demeter2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have to say that I really liked the big Teddy bear brush but after applying 4,5,6 coats I found this supposedly dramatic effect a myth. For the cost, well, why bother. I think I'll stick with my Covergirl Waterproof instead. I'll have to return, disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2007 2:39:00 AM More reviews by nakamura

This is my first waterproof mascara, and now I am hooked. I loved the normal DiorShow until I bought this one. Now this is the one for me.

The effect is not as dramatic as the regular DiorShow, but it's lightness makes up for it. The texture, weight and stay-power of the mascara is very important for me, since I live in a humid place, which tends to limpen my lashes, even if I curl them. A normal mascara would further weigh down the collapsing lashes. But the waterproof version is so light, it doesn't weigh my lashes down, and also acts as a barrier to the humidity so that my lashes stay curled all day.

The brush is a bit bulky and clumsy, but with practice, it's not that hard to use.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2007 4:31:00 PM More reviews by twistedlogic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good mascara with good immediate results, but it smudges and isn't exactly waterproof. So not worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2007 11:17:00 PM More reviews by fabulousjason

I liked this mascara overall, but the results were not dramatic enough alone. It looked great when used with my Shesheido mascara base, but honestly the base looks even better with Voluminous (which is an $8 mascara). It is not awful, but I will not buy again.