April 20, 2014 | 1962 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Vex

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2004 4:01:00 PM More reviews by rubysubi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG! this irridescent beige-gold-taupe-pinkish shade is absolutely splendifferous. i'm a GGG, (nc50), and lemme tell you, i can use it as a wash on the 'no makeup look' days, as a full-on colour for shoots, or as a base for other shadows.. it really makes my eyes pop, and although at first i thought it would be more of a silverish ashy gray, it's just the thing for days when i might be feeling a bit down. highly recommend it!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2004 7:32:00 PM More reviews by yeahwrite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, I guess I have to agree with ktm13. I went to the MAC counter today to check out some of the shadows from my wish list, one of which was Vex.

Vex looked to me like a big ole nothing in the pot, but I know some of my fave MAC shadows look blah in the pan but WOW! on. Unfortunately, Vex is not one of those sleepers.

I tried Vex on and if anything, it looked worse on my lids than in the pot. Just like ktm13 said, it looks strangely like fish scales. The combination of green blue grey and pink flashes just doesn't work for me. I guess this is one of those love it or hate it shades. Unfortunately, I fall in the hate it category on this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2004 1:41:00 PM More reviews by ser1382

I love this shadow! It is such an interesting color but is great on my FFF skin tone! Love it with blue eyes, too, and for the quality the price can't be beat!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2004 7:46:00 PM More reviews by sher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

NC20, hazel eyes here. Vex is a lovely duochrome shimmery eyeshadow that looks like a grey-light green that flashes pink. It is very subtle though. I use this most often on the brow bone as a highlighter, but it makes a lovely wash. Sometimes I'll apply it lash to brow with something like Shale in the crease. I am not sure why I think it goes with purple and lavender type colors, but I think it does. I usually stay away from gray eyeshadows because I don't think they look good on me, but the pink in this really changes the look of this shadow. This is one e/s that I will buy over and over.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2004 2:56:00 PM More reviews by noellekon1

This is one of my all time favorites, and I just bought it last week. I use it as a wash and if packed on, it gives off a different color sheen at different angles. It's a very versatile product and it looks especially lovely with MAC's Sushi Flower and Creme de Violet. I'm a PPP and it doesn't wash me out at all :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2004 1:18:00 AM More reviews by sl2f

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this color since it sounded sooo pretty, but the gray tones washed me out and made me look like I was half dead, swapped it away as soon as I could

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2004 3:05:00 AM More reviews by xromablue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Vex is the most unique colour: a white/silver/pink/green...!!! I use it to highlight any other e/s and it works perfectly. Lovely colour!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2004 9:05:00 PM More reviews by alt629

Ugh, terrible. I hate the color. Does nothing for me at all (PPP), even when I tried layering it with other colors as per the MA's suggestion. Will never buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2004 1:38:00 PM More reviews by gschrom27

I really love this color. When you apply it, the color actually looks very different from what it does in the pot. Great texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2004 4:35:00 PM More reviews by sugarpie595

I LOVE Vex! This color is the perfect highlighting color for me no matter which combo of base/contour shadows I pick. It's got that irridescent quality in a champagne color. Lasts a long time! Goes on smoothly and effortlessly! This is my *must have* MAC shadow color that does not change.