Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

water, decyl cocoate, glycerin, sunflower seed oil, beeswax, fragrance*, shea butter, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate citrate, polyglyceryl-3 stearate, coconut oil, olive fruit oil, grape seed oil, nonfat dry milk, milk powder, honey, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol, beta-carotene, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, soybean oil, canola oil, lactic acid, citric acid, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sodium benzoate, magnesium aluminum silicate, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl cinnamate, citral, coumarin, limonene. *natural fragrance

on 6/4/2006 8:59:00 AM

This might be my HG summer lotion. It's light and absorbs almost instantly, but still manages to really moisturize my dry skin. I may need something a little heavier for winter, but for spring and summer this can't be beat. The scent blends perfectly, making my skin smell clean and slightly sweet, but not perfumed. People who get close to me after I put this on always ask if I've just been to Starbucks. I love that it smells natural, not strong or obviously perfume-y. I wish it where a little thicker, but it moisturizes so well I can handle a thinner consistency.

on 5/29/2006 11:48:00 PM

A wonderful moisturizer! I was so excited to receive this as an extra in a swap because I had been wanting to try it for some time now. It is a bit more runny than I'm used to, but it did not affect the quality whatsoever. This is one of the most moisturizing lotions I have, and the scent is lovely. It's perfect for bedtime as it's soft and soothing... gives a feeling of comfort.

on 4/30/2006 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Another reviewer hit it right on the nose when they described this lotion as thin and milky with a soft scent (which you either love or hate.) For being so thin, it absorbs quickly and leaves my skin surprisingly soft and moisturized. My husband loves it too. Will repurchase as long as they make it.

on 4/28/2006 3:59:00 AM

I love the smell of this stuff - light, fragrant, and addicting. It moisturizes without overmoisturizing.

on 4/20/2006 8:48:00 PM

I'm a fan of Burt's Bees; I use many of the company's products with happy results. I needed a new lotion and wanted something moderately priced from a company known not to test on animals, preferably with natural ingredients. Conveniently available was a plus. I didn't do a lot of research; one of the Burt's products I already have is the Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme, which I really like, so I decided to purchase the Milk & Honey Body Lotion. I bought a bottle and planned to use it as soon as I was finished with my next shower.
Unfortunately, I found the scent to be too rich and heavy. I believe it is the coconut oil; I can't stand coconut.
Howevr, I tried it; it has a thin yet robust consistency that easily absorbs into the skin and is not greasy. It softened my legs and hands (they still feel fabulous almost twenty-four hours after application); I have no complaints about the effectiveness of the one-time use. Unfortunately, I simply can not get past the smell. Others may find it pleasant, or not as bothersome as I do, and I would (highly) recommend it to those people.
I'm terribly disappointed that I've found my first "can't use" Burt's Bees product.
Ingredients: Filtered Water, Sunflower Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Coconut Oil, Stearic Acid (vegetable fat), Beeswax, Fragrance, Orange Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate & Tocopherol (vitamin E), Rosemary Extract, Aloe Barbadensis, Milk Powder, Honey, Sodium Borate (natural borax), Xanthan Gum (natural thickener), Sucrose Stearate (sugar emulsifier), Glucose & Glucose Oxidase & Lactoperoxidase (sugar & natural enzymes), Peru Balsam, Orange Oil, Beta Carotene. continued >>

on 4/4/2006 3:08:00 PM

This is one of the bottles of lotion I have stashed around the house for my hands. It's okay...I prefer hand lotions for day that aren't thick and that pump beccause they are fastest to use. I will be a happy girl the day they invent a pump that won't get that gross bit of lotion clogged in the pump. This does the job, but next time I will just buy a regular drugstore brand.

on 2/25/2006 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is an OK moisturiser. The lotion has a very thin consistensy, so it is very easy to smooth over skin. I'm not WOW'd by it....it's just so-so.

on 2/23/2006 12:05:00 PM

I love this body lotion. Works very well. I like it alot better than the Bath and Body works lotions, I was previously using. The smell is nice and doesn't bother me at all. I highly recommend it. I am addicted to their chapstick as well, best stuff out there.

on 2/13/2006 4:26:00 PM

I love this lotion. I'm in the camp that finds the scent to be irresistible-- sort of sweet & vanilla-y, but with a definite edge of mintiness. Not the absolutely best for moisture, but certainly not the worst either. Unfortunately, this product gives me a rash! Has anybody else had this problem with it?

on 2/10/2006 5:18:00 PM

I love this lotion so much! I like to mix it with their Lemon bath and body oil to give my skin some extra seen. You also can't beat the price!

Popular Lotions / Creams