Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

water, decyl cocoate, glycerin, sunflower seed oil, beeswax, fragrance*, shea butter, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate citrate, polyglyceryl-3 stearate, coconut oil, olive fruit oil, grape seed oil, nonfat dry milk, milk powder, honey, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol, beta-carotene, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, soybean oil, canola oil, lactic acid, citric acid, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sodium benzoate, magnesium aluminum silicate, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl cinnamate, citral, coumarin, limonene. *natural fragrance

on 4/20/2006 8:48:00 PM

I'm a fan of Burt's Bees; I use many of the company's products with happy results. I needed a new lotion and wanted something moderately priced from a company known not to test on animals, preferably with natural ingredients. Conveniently available was a plus. I didn't do a lot of research; one of the Burt's products I already have is the Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme, which I really like, so I decided to purchase the Milk & Honey Body Lotion. I bought a bottle and planned to use it as soon as I was finished with my next shower.
Unfortunately, I found the scent to be too rich and heavy. I believe it is the coconut oil; I can't stand coconut.
Howevr, I tried it; it has a thin yet robust consistency that easily absorbs into the skin and is not greasy. It softened my legs and hands (they still feel fabulous almost twenty-four hours after application); I have no complaints about the effectiveness of the one-time use. Unfortunately, I simply can not get past the smell. Others may find it pleasant, or not as bothersome as I do, and I would (highly) recommend it to those people.
I'm terribly disappointed that I've found my first "can't use" Burt's Bees product.
Ingredients: Filtered Water, Sunflower Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Coconut Oil, Stearic Acid (vegetable fat), Beeswax, Fragrance, Orange Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate & Tocopherol (vitamin E), Rosemary Extract, Aloe Barbadensis, Milk Powder, Honey, Sodium Borate (natural borax), Xanthan Gum (natural thickener), Sucrose Stearate (sugar emulsifier), Glucose & Glucose Oxidase & Lactoperoxidase (sugar & natural enzymes), Peru Balsam, Orange Oil, Beta Carotene. continued >>

on 4/4/2006 3:08:00 PM

This is one of the bottles of lotion I have stashed around the house for my hands. It's okay...I prefer hand lotions for day that aren't thick and that pump beccause they are fastest to use. I will be a happy girl the day they invent a pump that won't get that gross bit of lotion clogged in the pump. This does the job, but next time I will just buy a regular drugstore brand.

on 2/25/2006 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is an OK moisturiser. The lotion has a very thin consistensy, so it is very easy to smooth over skin. I'm not WOW'd by it....it's just so-so.

on 2/23/2006 12:05:00 PM

I love this body lotion. Works very well. I like it alot better than the Bath and Body works lotions, I was previously using. The smell is nice and doesn't bother me at all. I highly recommend it. I am addicted to their chapstick as well, best stuff out there.

on 2/13/2006 4:26:00 PM

I love this lotion. I'm in the camp that finds the scent to be irresistible-- sort of sweet & vanilla-y, but with a definite edge of mintiness. Not the absolutely best for moisture, but certainly not the worst either. Unfortunately, this product gives me a rash! Has anybody else had this problem with it?

on 2/10/2006 5:18:00 PM

I love this lotion so much! I like to mix it with their Lemon bath and body oil to give my skin some extra seen. You also can't beat the price!

on 2/10/2006 12:22:00 PM

The scent of this lotion definitely isn't for everyone. It's a very sweet smell (my boyfriend says I smell like "pastry treat" when I wear it) but I like it. It's kind of watery but still manages to moisturize and soften my skin really well. Will buy again.

on 2/2/2006 8:16:00 AM

I'm surprised this doesn't score very highly on the ratings. As a self- confessed hater of body lotions/creams/oils (but with itchy,flaky ,pregnant skin ) I find that using this is very effective. Out of the products I've been using over the past 3-4 months this is absolutely the best (TBS Body Butters, Decleor Aromessence Tonalastil, Bliss Body Butter & Urtekram's Rose Body Lotion, Palmers Cocoa Butter) and offers the best hydration offer 24 hours, apart form TBS which is just too heavy to absorb & feels horrible under my clothes. It is a thin, milky lotion, with a soft scent (softer than their Baby Bee Buttermilk version) it absorbs quickly and leaves my skin silky soft. I'm really happy with this, but may try Weleda next as they make some great products too.

on 1/25/2006 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I haven't been impressed with this lotion. For some reason, I keep using it - I guess I feel like I need to finish the sample bottle (why!?). The texture is watery and runny, and the fragrance is kind of an earthy-minty odd scent. The lotion also contains a LOT of wax (orange wax is listed very high on the ingredient list), which causes is to sit on the surface of my skin and make it sweat a little, rather than be absorbed. Either it eventually dries, or it rubs off onto my clothes, because I can still smell it several hours later. It doesn't do anything for my itchy dry winter-weather body skin, and with the wax content, I wouldn't dream of putting it on my face.

on 1/25/2006 9:39:00 PM

I just bought this, and so far I really like it. It smells great (and I hate coconuts) It leaves my skin feeling smooth. Glad I bought this =)

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products