Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

3.3

Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive: Alcohol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Capryloyl Glycine, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract, Cetyl Lactate, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Fragrance, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Laureth-7, Phenethyl Dimethicone , Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Polysorbate 20, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Sarcosine, SD Alcohol 40-B, Tetrasodium EDTA, Water

on 10/12/2008 8:35:00 PM

I love this product. I tend to get one or 2 pimples from time to time and this product definitely helps prevent my pimples from getting to that stage with the white tip at the end. I like to use it on red spots on my face that look like a pimple would form. Its a must have for me.

on 10/3/2008 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product. I don't get many pimples... but I do get a couple of blemishes every once in a while. I use this as a spot treatment on blemishes.. and it works like a charm! I usually put it on at night and by the next morning, the blemish has always gone down in size and redness.

And if it is pimple - bigger, worse than a blemish - it also speeds up the healing process a lot!

Love this stuff. There is a slight fragrance... very slight.. but it disappears once you've applied the product. This stuff doesn't sting, hurt or irritate the skin.

on 9/27/2008 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

this is actually the second time i'm writing this review, as i had written one a year ago and just deleted it to give a fresh perspective on the product. when i first purchased this, i was wanting something to help keep the pores on my nose clean and clear (how appropriate), and it immediately accomplished that after about 4 days of nightly applications. however, much like a lot of acne-type products, my skin built up a tolerance to the treatment and it stopped working as well. even though it doesn't keep my pores 100% clear, i've continued to use this for a few years now and prob will keep purchasing it. some of the pro's for using this item are: the fact that it doesn't dry out the skin in my naturally more oily t-zone with daily applications (i have normal skin, maybe very slightly combo at times), keeps pores relatively clear and free of build-up, helps to clear up/shrink/dry out the occasional blemish, and comes in a clear gel formula that is invisible and comfortable on the skin. recently i started to get several whiteheads (now to be clear since this can be confusing, what i'm talking about are blackheads that aren't black-- just flesh-colored bumps) underneath my cheekbones on both sides of my face that i was very upset about. i don't know what caused them, the culprit may have been the serum i was using on my hair but i'm not sure since i've never had a skin reaction due to a hair product before, but i wanted them gone. after applying a very thin layer of Advantage Acne Spot Treatment to freshly washed skin for about 3 nights, the bumps have really started to disappear! i am extremely happy about this, and it's renewed my faith in this product. i think that the best thing for any type of clogged pores is salicylic acid since it's the only acid that's capable of exfoliating a pore from the inside out. this Clean & Clear treatment has 2% salicylic acid, which seems to be strong enough to clear up breakouts without wreaking havoc on your skin. now, after using this on a particular spot on your face for many nights, it will leave you with a patch of dry skin, but nothing so severe that a little bit of moisturizer can't solve the problem until the dry skin falls off. i would definitely recommend this product for your everyday skin problems, but don't know if it would work for more severe cases. i have repurchased many times and will continue to do so.

I love this acne product! I use this to spot treat, and it really helps to dry out my pimples and make them heal faster! I can't use bp because it bleaches everything, so I'm glad this works for me! Its great, without the bleaching and harshness of b peroxide.

I love this acne gel treatment...It is the only one i use. It has salycic acid that works immediately to help reduce the size and redness of the spot and it never dries my skin out.
And if you want an all over acne treatment for your face then mix a small amount to your daily moisturiser to keep skin clear!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This product didn't work for me at all, i don't get why its voted best acne spot remover in magazines. It absolutely had no affect and it was expensive. wasted my money :((((

on 9/10/2008 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I used this a couple different times consistently for a week. I saw no changes. Even though, it works great for some people, I saw no difference on me.

on 9/9/2008 1:51:00 AM

I personally love this product! If I apply this on a blemish/zit (big or small) it works by the next morning. Even the biggest zits are less than half the size in just one night.

on 9/3/2008 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

ok so here i go with my review. I have been so dependent on a prescription face cream for like years and years. Was the only thing that ever worked good for my combination/oily skin. Well i had deciced just out of curiosity since it had been years to see how my face would react to something over the counter again. Before everything that i had tried never worked. I have found over the years the best thing for me to do is to wash my face with a gentle cleanser one that does not have BP or SA. One that works very well for me is oil of olay dual action cleanser. Although now it is getting very hard to find. Only know of 1 store that still carries it anyhow.....Sorry i am rambling on supposed to be talking about this product. Works great!!!! And trust me i have tried numerous things. Kills the pimple right away!!! BP products do not work for my face at all!!! Which i hear it works for alot of people but does nothing for me. This is a great product!!!! i use it morning and night. What i do is rub a thin layer all over my face then i go back over troubled spots and just dab it on. in the morning i even apply makeup over after it dries. Does not flake my skin or anything.. Some people complain over slight stinging for a minute but to me i love when it stings because it tells me it is really working to get to the problem. BP products never stung my face. By morning u will tell a hugh difference. It can leave dark spots once it goes away but what do u expect u just had a pimple there LOL!!! Nothing a lil makeup cant cover anyway. So remember gentle cleanser nothing harsh it will irritate skin if u r using a treatment also. I really hope this is helpful to other people out there. I am so happy i picked this one to try. And also it is a gel not a cream so it goes on clear. It has a light smell but goes away in minutes nothing u cant handle. I highly recommend u try this product. Oh yeah before i forget i have read tons of reviews on this and what i get out of it is it supposedly works better for people with oily skin verses dry skin. u have to remember what works for 1 person may not work for u!!! But i would defiently purchase again and again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 8/26/2008 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This product is now my HG. I am totally addicted.
I bought this product on a whim trying to get rid of a HUGE , red, painful, under the skin pimple. Over the course of the night I kept dabbing the spot with a drop of the SA with out rubbing it it. (only when I am at home because after a while it dries into a rubbery finish). The next morning the spot was greatly reduced - smaller, less redness, less painful. It took three days for it to disappear completely.
It worked much better than any BP spot treatment I have ever used. I have now worked it into my everyday routine. After I wash and tone , I apply a light layer of the Clearasil BP wipes (no white residue). One that has dried, I apply a light layer of this product allover my face. Once it has been absorbed, I follow with a moisturizer with sunscreen ( 40 SPF). I keep a tube at home and I keep a tube in my purse just in case I feel any zits forming under skin. The packaging is also nice because it doesn't scream Acne Meds when I use it in public.
My skin is clearer and smoother. Even the lady that does my monthly facials commented on the difference she sees in my skin.

Popular Treatments (Face)