August 1, 2014 | 1747 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clean & Clear - Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by xxtaylorlaurenxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't actually own this product, but I have tried a friend's. I have very oily, acne-prone skin. I had a really horrible painful pimple and decided to use a little of this. It's like a clear watery gel, and it stings a little when you put it on (which I like!). I didn't have high hopes for this stuff, because usually spot treatments don't really do much for me. The next day, my pimple was completely gone. I kid you not. Completely gone. I was AMAZED. I must must must have this stuff! If it works like that all the time, this is probably the best product ever.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2008 7:51:00 PM More reviews by ziekte

This stuff is horrible. It smells, burns my skin (leaves a dark mark), made the pimples more red, sometimes even BIGGER than before. Sucks suck sucks.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2008 3:04:00 PM More reviews by kidinthesixties

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used thise product a couple of years ago when I was still in high school, and I remember it working pretty well. so when my skin started breaking out again, I thought I would pick some up to use before I went to my doctor.
the first few days, this product did nothing. it didn't work at all and I wanted to write a bad review for it because I so frustrated. I waited a few days though, and it works better for me now.
about this product:
some spot treatments work better if you rub them in, while others work better if you only put a small layer over the zit. knowing this, I rub in a small amount into the problem area, and then wait a minute and lay a thin layer over the same area. I find that this makes the product work much better for me. also, I reapply a LOT.
this spot treatment works best on small, newly forming zits. I find that using this treatment on new zits yields great results! however, if you have a larger zit, or a zit that develops quickly, it doesn't work as well. I find that it takes a few days for this spot treatment to work for them and there is still a small, dark spot left over from the zit.

all in all, I say this is a mediocre product. I'm keeping it for my small zits until I can get a prescription from my doctor. if you don't have serious acne, then this product will work great for you. if you do have serious acne, I suggest something stronger. I'll be continuing to use this product because I paid for it, but I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2008 1:34:00 PM More reviews by keylime6

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

works very well and clears up zits fast! the packaging also makes it convenient to take while traveling

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2008 10:03:00 AM More reviews by NotoriousCharity

It's a light clear gel that's easy to put on and doesn't dry out your skin. I used it every night in my T-zone. It didn't get rid of zits that already popped up. But it was somewhat effective in preventing new ones. For nearly 7 dollars though the tube is quite small.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2008 3:14:00 AM More reviews by SimplyRinse

I dabbed this gel on my zits and they would shrink in size, yet not completely disappear. Plus, the redness seemed to stick around. Or, get even redder.. Then, it just completely stopped working for my zits after 2-3 weeks. I wanted it to work, but it didn't. Thier Persa-gel 10 worked for me. My cystic acne are gone now =] And the gel is still working 1-2 months later.

Also, The Advantage Acne Spot Treatment smells like beer. =P

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by matronly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is amazing! It won't make your blemishes vanish over night, because if a product could honestly do that they would charge waaayy more for it. The price is right and even cheaper than other similar products. I love it because it makes pimples less red and diminish practically over night! And helps them go away much faster, I think, than using nothing at all. It also does not dry out my very dry skin which is a problem I had with all other acne treatments I tried. So far this is the best. Worth giving a try

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2008 10:15:00 AM More reviews by lipglosslover023

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff was actually pretty good. Salcylic acid never really works on my zits but it did this time ! I have a forehead full of acne and I put this stuff on over night and i woke up the next morning and basically all of them were gone ! I was so happy so now I use this every nite just to prevent acne. This stuff really works.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2008 10:42:00 PM More reviews by time1314

I really wish I'd had this in high school. Now at 34 it is my secret weapon that works WITHOUT FAIL!! If I notice a pimple even thinking of starting, I dab this on and over night (or within a few hours) it's pretty much gone...no more redness, no more swelling...just a hint of what could've become a really nasty pimple. Then that'll even disappear. If you're concerned with the price and amount, a little goes a long way; so this little tube will last you a long time (depending on how much you use of course). So I COMPLETELY recommend this treatment. I hope I never have to live without it again. My husband uses it also, and he wouldn't continue to do so if it didn't work...he's not really into "beauty regimes" as he says.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2008 11:05:00 PM More reviews by estherrr

This product did NOT work. It says on the package 'clearer skin in a day' but, it is not true. I do not recommend this.