Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

3.3

Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive: Alcohol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Capryloyl Glycine, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract, Cetyl Lactate, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Fragrance, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Laureth-7, Phenethyl Dimethicone , Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Polysorbate 20, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Sarcosine, SD Alcohol 40-B, Tetrasodium EDTA, Water

I have gone through 3 tubes of this stuff, and i agree with the person below me who said it seemed to get less and less effective. At first it was a mircale worker, now it doesnt seem to do the job. At $6-7 a tube, it lasts me a while, using it almost everynight. I find that you must cut the tube open to get a LOT of unused product out, and that just dries the product out in a few days. I may repurchase again just because i keep hoping that the magic will come back.

I've repurchased this twice, and I like it. It seems to be getting less effective the longer I've had it, though. It definately keeps bad breakouts at bay, but I still get acne that takes at least a few days to heal. I think it might be time for me to start searching for a new treatment.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This was the first acne spot treatment I ever purchased and I can honestly say it was the worst. I can't say anything good about it because it made my spots worse and it made them multiply. I have no idea why, but I'd but this treatment on one huge blemish and, the next morning, the one blemish became three...IN THE SAME SPOT. Ew! Would never buy this again. Waste of money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This actually does seem to reduce my spots overnight, what I like about this is the fact that it doesn't burn my skin/make it raw unlike several other anti acne treatments I have tried. Also its a good price, because I only use a tiny amount, lasts a long time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product is affordable and effective. It helps to reduce my pimples. I also use it on pimples that burst, and it treated them as well. When you apply it, it burns. The burning sensation is only a short while, then it shrinks that pimple down to size. I definitely will be using this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm on my third tube of Advantage, and it works wonderfully with my skin. I put a dot of this on emerging pimples and it takes away a lot of the redness. After two nights the zit is gone. It works well on pimples that have come to a head - it stings on application, but it does reduce the size of the pimple within a few hours.

I think skincare is different from person to person, so while this product worked for me it may not work for everyone. But if you're looking for a good drugstore salicylic acid treatment, this is a pretty effective and inexpensive one to try.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This product worked okay the first couple uses. I originally was using it for spot treatment. After 3 days of use, I developed a bruise on my face in one of the areas that I was putting the acne treatment. I definitely would not recommend this product to anyone. The gel also stung my face really badly every single time I used it. This irritated my skin to the point that anything that I put on my face would sting, specifically in the area of bruising.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

this works reeeally well!
i find that if i put this on at night, when i wake up the size of the pimple is greatly reduced and eventually is gone in a couple of days. I was hesitant to use this, because i have tried many spot treatments that havent worked for me(MURAD ACNE SPOT TREATMENT!!). overall i love this spot treatment because it is not only effective and shows results, but it is cheap too! i am really happy with this, and will continue to use.

I don't break out very often, but when I do, I would use this. It works very well. I would put it on at night and when I wake up, I could see my pimples reduced in size. After a couple of nights, it would clear up everything. Also, this stuff lasted me for a very very long time.

Well... it's no miracle. That said, it's better than any other spot treatment I've tried. It works best if I have a really bad breakout, and a free day to sit around and reapply it every few hours, so I don't have to pop anything. It doesn't work well on blackheads or white heads, just the big yucky ones. I also put it on every night and before makeup on my problem areas- around my mouth and my nose, so nothing new forms when I'm not watching :D I used the tube within a couple of months, I'll buy another... even though I think my skin has built up a tolerance to it thanks to my constant reapplication!