November 25, 2014 | 1851 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clean & Clear - Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Aradhana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is now my HG. I am totally addicted.
I bought this product on a whim trying to get rid of a HUGE , red, painful, under the skin pimple. Over the course of the night I kept dabbing the spot with a drop of the SA with out rubbing it it. (only when I am at home because after a while it dries into a rubbery finish). The next morning the spot was greatly reduced - smaller, less redness, less painful. It took three days for it to disappear completely.
It worked much better than any BP spot treatment I have ever used. I have now worked it into my everyday routine. After I wash and tone , I apply a light layer of the Clearasil BP wipes (no white residue). One that has dried, I apply a light layer of this product allover my face. Once it has been absorbed, I follow with a moisturizer with sunscreen ( 40 SPF). I keep a tube at home and I keep a tube in my purse just in case I feel any zits forming under skin. The packaging is also nice because it doesn't scream Acne Meds when I use it in public.
My skin is clearer and smoother. Even the lady that does my monthly facials commented on the difference she sees in my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2008 1:42:00 AM More reviews by swtlilangelet

Didn't work on me. It might have kept my breakouts from getting worst, but it didn't do anything to improve them. I already use salicylic acid in my regular regiment, so I think it might be a reason why i had no reaction to this at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by obsess1beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

omg!!! If you have a medium or small pimple that has just appeared and you need it gone within 24hrs, this is the way to go. This stuff does have a tingling sensation when applied to fresh skin so be wary of that and the fact that it smells like wine....other than that, it's a miracle in a tube! xD
It got rid of those pimples on my cheeks that I get on occassion that cause some light scarring so it has me spellbound!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by wheat_thin636

wow...I'm in love. I don't have a huge problem with breakouts anymore, but I always had a few zits on my chin and my forehead. BP products never worked. Sometimes it stung and dried out my skin, but mostly it just bleached my pillowcases.
The texture of this is amazing and not sticky; it just melts into your skin and makeup is so easy to put on afterwards. It's not drying at all; I don't even need a moisturizer after. This is the first spot treatment that hasn't dried out my skin. It exfolliates and eliminates my flake problem.
It also works!! I've been using for three weeks now, but even after the first use,I could see a difference, and the packaging claims that after one use, there are results (If I remember correctly). It smells great, but the smell doesn't linger too long or overpower. I love this stuff and will keep using,so glad I found it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by ss14dk

this is good for the real like red pimples or nasty whiteheads.Even if you just bop its great to dry them up. doesn't really work for minor ance though

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2008 6:00:00 PM More reviews by N1cky3

To say the least, I wasn't impressed with this product. It had little, if any, effect on my spots. I did, however only use this on my major spots (all little whiteheads tend to disappear within a day or so anyway). It was drying, but it wasn't anything major. On application, there is some stinging (but disappears within a matter of seconds).
If the blemishes you get are very mild and are easy to cover, then this product may be useful, but for anyone with a bit more acne and more prominant spots, then I'd advise you look elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2008 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Thumbelina1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this b/c a girl let me use some of hers the night before we went to a professional conference, and it totally zapped my whitehead! That's what this stuff is good for--the gross, leaky/whitehead type pimples (sorry, gross, but it's true). Even if you just popped one (again, sorry) this is great for drying it out, taking down the swelling and beginning the healing process. Unfortunately, it doesn't do much for comedomes (sp?) or minor acne. However, in my opinion it's cheap enough to keep around for those nasty whiteheads or post-extraction or stress pimples that crop up.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by xxtaylorlaurenxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't actually own this product, but I have tried a friend's. I have very oily, acne-prone skin. I had a really horrible painful pimple and decided to use a little of this. It's like a clear watery gel, and it stings a little when you put it on (which I like!). I didn't have high hopes for this stuff, because usually spot treatments don't really do much for me. The next day, my pimple was completely gone. I kid you not. Completely gone. I was AMAZED. I must must must have this stuff! If it works like that all the time, this is probably the best product ever.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2008 7:51:00 PM More reviews by ziekte

This stuff is horrible. It smells, burns my skin (leaves a dark mark), made the pimples more red, sometimes even BIGGER than before. Sucks suck sucks.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2008 3:04:00 PM More reviews by kidinthesixties

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used thise product a couple of years ago when I was still in high school, and I remember it working pretty well. so when my skin started breaking out again, I thought I would pick some up to use before I went to my doctor.
the first few days, this product did nothing. it didn't work at all and I wanted to write a bad review for it because I so frustrated. I waited a few days though, and it works better for me now.
about this product:
some spot treatments work better if you rub them in, while others work better if you only put a small layer over the zit. knowing this, I rub in a small amount into the problem area, and then wait a minute and lay a thin layer over the same area. I find that this makes the product work much better for me. also, I reapply a LOT.
this spot treatment works best on small, newly forming zits. I find that using this treatment on new zits yields great results! however, if you have a larger zit, or a zit that develops quickly, it doesn't work as well. I find that it takes a few days for this spot treatment to work for them and there is still a small, dark spot left over from the zit.

all in all, I say this is a mediocre product. I'm keeping it for my small zits until I can get a prescription from my doctor. if you don't have serious acne, then this product will work great for you. if you do have serious acne, I suggest something stronger. I'll be continuing to use this product because I paid for it, but I will not be repurchasing.