December 18, 2014 | 1754 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clean & Clear - Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2008 1:48:00 AM More reviews by angeleyes08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ok so here i go with my review. I have been so dependent on a prescription face cream for like years and years. Was the only thing that ever worked good for my combination/oily skin. Well i had deciced just out of curiosity since it had been years to see how my face would react to something over the counter again. Before everything that i had tried never worked. I have found over the years the best thing for me to do is to wash my face with a gentle cleanser one that does not have BP or SA. One that works very well for me is oil of olay dual action cleanser. Although now it is getting very hard to find. Only know of 1 store that still carries it anyhow.....Sorry i am rambling on supposed to be talking about this product. Works great!!!! And trust me i have tried numerous things. Kills the pimple right away!!! BP products do not work for my face at all!!! Which i hear it works for alot of people but does nothing for me. This is a great product!!!! i use it morning and night. What i do is rub a thin layer all over my face then i go back over troubled spots and just dab it on. in the morning i even apply makeup over after it dries. Does not flake my skin or anything.. Some people complain over slight stinging for a minute but to me i love when it stings because it tells me it is really working to get to the problem. BP products never stung my face. By morning u will tell a hugh difference. It can leave dark spots once it goes away but what do u expect u just had a pimple there LOL!!! Nothing a lil makeup cant cover anyway. So remember gentle cleanser nothing harsh it will irritate skin if u r using a treatment also. I really hope this is helpful to other people out there. I am so happy i picked this one to try. And also it is a gel not a cream so it goes on clear. It has a light smell but goes away in minutes nothing u cant handle. I highly recommend u try this product. Oh yeah before i forget i have read tons of reviews on this and what i get out of it is it supposedly works better for people with oily skin verses dry skin. u have to remember what works for 1 person may not work for u!!! But i would defiently purchase again and again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Aradhana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is now my HG. I am totally addicted.
I bought this product on a whim trying to get rid of a HUGE , red, painful, under the skin pimple. Over the course of the night I kept dabbing the spot with a drop of the SA with out rubbing it it. (only when I am at home because after a while it dries into a rubbery finish). The next morning the spot was greatly reduced - smaller, less redness, less painful. It took three days for it to disappear completely.
It worked much better than any BP spot treatment I have ever used. I have now worked it into my everyday routine. After I wash and tone , I apply a light layer of the Clearasil BP wipes (no white residue). One that has dried, I apply a light layer of this product allover my face. Once it has been absorbed, I follow with a moisturizer with sunscreen ( 40 SPF). I keep a tube at home and I keep a tube in my purse just in case I feel any zits forming under skin. The packaging is also nice because it doesn't scream Acne Meds when I use it in public.
My skin is clearer and smoother. Even the lady that does my monthly facials commented on the difference she sees in my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2008 1:42:00 AM More reviews by swtlilangelet

Didn't work on me. It might have kept my breakouts from getting worst, but it didn't do anything to improve them. I already use salicylic acid in my regular regiment, so I think it might be a reason why i had no reaction to this at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by obsess1beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

omg!!! If you have a medium or small pimple that has just appeared and you need it gone within 24hrs, this is the way to go. This stuff does have a tingling sensation when applied to fresh skin so be wary of that and the fact that it smells like wine....other than that, it's a miracle in a tube! xD
It got rid of those pimples on my cheeks that I get on occassion that cause some light scarring so it has me spellbound!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by wheat_thin636

wow...I'm in love. I don't have a huge problem with breakouts anymore, but I always had a few zits on my chin and my forehead. BP products never worked. Sometimes it stung and dried out my skin, but mostly it just bleached my pillowcases.
The texture of this is amazing and not sticky; it just melts into your skin and makeup is so easy to put on afterwards. It's not drying at all; I don't even need a moisturizer after. This is the first spot treatment that hasn't dried out my skin. It exfolliates and eliminates my flake problem.
It also works!! I've been using for three weeks now, but even after the first use,I could see a difference, and the packaging claims that after one use, there are results (If I remember correctly). It smells great, but the smell doesn't linger too long or overpower. I love this stuff and will keep using,so glad I found it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by ss14dk

this is good for the real like red pimples or nasty whiteheads.Even if you just bop its great to dry them up. doesn't really work for minor ance though

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2008 6:00:00 PM More reviews by N1cky3

To say the least, I wasn't impressed with this product. It had little, if any, effect on my spots. I did, however only use this on my major spots (all little whiteheads tend to disappear within a day or so anyway). It was drying, but it wasn't anything major. On application, there is some stinging (but disappears within a matter of seconds).
If the blemishes you get are very mild and are easy to cover, then this product may be useful, but for anyone with a bit more acne and more prominant spots, then I'd advise you look elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2008 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Thumbelina1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this b/c a girl let me use some of hers the night before we went to a professional conference, and it totally zapped my whitehead! That's what this stuff is good for--the gross, leaky/whitehead type pimples (sorry, gross, but it's true). Even if you just popped one (again, sorry) this is great for drying it out, taking down the swelling and beginning the healing process. Unfortunately, it doesn't do much for comedomes (sp?) or minor acne. However, in my opinion it's cheap enough to keep around for those nasty whiteheads or post-extraction or stress pimples that crop up.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by xxtaylorlaurenxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't actually own this product, but I have tried a friend's. I have very oily, acne-prone skin. I had a really horrible painful pimple and decided to use a little of this. It's like a clear watery gel, and it stings a little when you put it on (which I like!). I didn't have high hopes for this stuff, because usually spot treatments don't really do much for me. The next day, my pimple was completely gone. I kid you not. Completely gone. I was AMAZED. I must must must have this stuff! If it works like that all the time, this is probably the best product ever.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2008 7:51:00 PM More reviews by ziekte

This stuff is horrible. It smells, burns my skin (leaves a dark mark), made the pimples more red, sometimes even BIGGER than before. Sucks suck sucks.