I used to use Cover Girl concealer as a foundation until they discontinued the product, and now I use this foundation to cover all of my acne scars. I was hoping that it would prevent me from breaking out like I do, but in the first week, I broke out worse than before. I gave it time, but it still seems to be giving me new zits. I can't feel it on my face and it spreads pretty evenly, but after an hour of having it on, my face looks oily. It's light coverage so I have to use a lot of it to cover discoloration and pimples. I'm going to try Almay's other foundations that do not have salycic acid in it because I'm assuming that is what is making me break out worse.
I have used this foundation for a few years now. It was one of the first liquid foundations I ever used and I have been repurchasing ever since. This is a great foundation for people with oily skin because you don't have to worry that it will break you out because it is formulated for acne prone skin. It does not leave the skin feeling sticky or heavy. It feels very light and natural on while giving medium coverage. I still get oily after about 4 hours but that can be fixed with another light application of blotting powder, or a blot sheet. The only thing that I do not like is that it does not come with a pump, but that is a minor problem, and I will continue to buy this foundation. I have recommended this foundation to some of my friends and they also like it.
It does not make me feel like I'm wearing makeup AT ALL!!!!
I have oily nose and dry cheeks, and sometimes after I put on foundation (liquid and powder types) the area around my mouth gets nasty patches and does not make my skin look silky or smooth. But this one sure does the job well!!!!
I got it at Shoppers' with my mom's credits so the price is alright for me.
The color range is awesome too! I hesitated between Natural, Nude, Honey and Buff, in the end I chose Natural because its natural ;)
- First, I would like to state: I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION.
- The shade "buff" is a perfect match for me. Though I was planning to buy "ivory", my local CVS did not supply that shade. Fortunately, the shade was a perfect match for me. "Buff" has a bit of yellow tone but not in a disgusting way. It blends to my skin and doesn't oxidize into orange. The shade is perfect.
- I have normal/combination skin and only get a bit oily on my T-zone and chin during the day. Products with salic acid tends to dry out my skin and feel like it's tightening, but this one doesn't. I personally think this foundation is good for any type of skin unless it's EXTEMELY dry. This foundation is not moisturizing, it's smooth when you apply it but it feels weightless. I haven't broken out at all since I've used this.
- It's medium(-full) coverage. I can't really tell because it looks amazingly natural. It covers my redness and conceals my blemishes so well. My skin looks smooth and creamy and I've gotten so many compliments ever since. It doesn't look like I'm wearing any make-up at all, it looks so natural! The coverage and finish is perfect.
- The packaging is a bit of a problem for me. It gets messy and I am very paranoid about germs getting in. I am totally okay with that since the product itself is amazing. You can buy those pumps from beauty supply stores for about a dollar. The packaging is not that good.
- The price is very reasonable for the product.
- This is my favourite foundation so far and I will continue using this. I hope Almay doesn't discontinue this! I definitely recommend!!!
This is one of my favourite drugstore foundations. It has alright coverage, ans dosent break me out. Ive tried quite a few foundations, and this is very blendable. It matches my skin nicley, and covers red quite well. I would definitly repurchase! Although it would be amayzing with a pump (it can get kinda messy) I love this product!
The only complaint I have about this product is that it does not last very long. It's very blendable, and it doesn't break me out. The packaging is alright, a pump would be way better, but it's not a big deal. The finish is very nice, for me, it's a buildable light to medium coverage. I would repurchase, but I would need a better concealer to cover up my problem areas in addition to this foundation.
Excellent drugstore brand foundation. Keep in mind that less is definitely more...it can look a tad bit chalky & a little bit ghosty if applied with a heavy hand but the coverage is awesome. A little goes a long way! The glass bottle does not bother me. I kind of like it though it is a bit old- fashioned. Many have complained about the bottle not having a pump. I don't mind pouring it out....Besides, I would rather pour the foundation out of a glass bottle than have it in plastic, etc...
I chose the "Buff" shade for my fair skin. It is definitely "yellow" toned but completely in the right way. It just disappears into my skin and does not oxidize into pink or orange by the end of the day. It just looks flawless. I used to spend a fortune on both department store brands & Dr. Hauschka but no more...Definitely will be buying another bottle when mine runs out.
My friend recommended this, but I think it works better on oily skin and not if you just break out once in a while. The color was good, but it seemed to really irritate my skin and cause more breakouts than it helped. I usually love Almay products, but I wouldn't buy this again.
I love this foundation. It honestly is one of the only foundations that covers my acne fairly well and DOESN'T break me out! All of the products I've used from Almay have always worked great for me. I like the color selection. The price is a bit high for drug store (about $11 Canadian), but I will keep buying it. It's nice that it has salicylic acid in it, but not a hgih amount. It is a medium coverage foundation. I wish the bottle was a pump, though.
This foundation is the only foundation that doesn't break me out and so far it's been great. I've used other ones, including Revlon and Mac, but they all irritated my skin or broke me out horribly. It has medium coverage and it looks very natural on my skin; doesn't look cakey or "fake". I used to apply it with a wet sponge, but now I just warm it between my fingers and apply it directly, which works the best for me. I don't get as oily throughout the day, and it seems to be long-lasting. Love it!