October 1, 2014 | 1006 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2010 2:03:00 AM More reviews by EmsAlley

This product works very well with my sensitive, combination skin. It used to be too moisturizing years ago, but now it's a fairly perfect balance. It does not trigger breakouts, but I don't know if it exactly heals them either. Either way, no harm done. It DOES have an orange-ish tint, but I this isn't a problem if I buy the shade with warm, pale yellow tint (Buff #2).
The packaging is 4/5 because I'd prefer a pump, just to not contaminate the jar if I use fingers to apply.
The price is cheap - generally around $10 USD, which makes it my daily staple. I will continue to use it since it covers up dry patches of skin while controlling the oily parts. Once the winter sets in, though, I may need to alter things a bit. Overall, good product and price.
Edit: I also like that this foundation provides medium coverage - with my skin issues, it's ideal.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2010 6:03:00 AM More reviews by ivana01

i've just started using this and so far it seems to turn really orange after a while, the coverage isn't too bad but it's way too drying and it really accentuates my dry patches and it looks like im wearing a cake on my face! and im not sure if it's the foundation causing it but everytime i take it off it seems like i've gotten more than a few new spots and im not planning on buying it again. im trying the MAC face and body foundation next so wish me luck people and a review will be out shortly!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by adalaw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this foundation is amazing!! it really did clear up my skin and the color sand matches perfectly with my skin color. it lasts all day and my skin doesn't look so oily.
i agree with the other reviews about the packaging -- it should come with a pump.
otherwise, this is a GREAT foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by ilovemakeuphowboutyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combination/acne prone skin, and this foundation makes my skin look better after I wear it! I wish it had a little heavier coverage, but with concealer and powder, I get pretty good coverage. I have been using this for years with good results and will continue to purchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by ShannonLeeB

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really didn't like this product. When I put it around my nose, it gets cakey and flakey looking. And I do not have dry skin at all!! I don't even put on very much either. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this or buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by inapathy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this foundation last Saturday and have been wearing it everyday. I have badly uneven, acne-prone, oily skin and its hard to find a color match for my yellowy light-medium complexion as well. I'm surprised I actually fell in love with this foundation! I need medium-full coverage without it feeling and looking caked on. This is just a light-medium coverage for me and it can be oily looking if used without a setting powder. I use silica powder to set it and it looks great. It makes my skin look nice and even (fresh) and It lasts me longer than maybelline superstay foundation (which breaks off after 4hrs and gave me cystic acne, along with revlon colorstay). This one lasts all day for me!!! Also the color Sand is perfect! The only con is there aren't many dark shades at all for the darker girls. I'm medium-light and I had to use the second darkest shade! So far my acne has stayed the same but I noticed they come to a "head" quicker. Finally a foundation that hasn't made my acne worse! Thats all i care about. I have my palladio wet/dry and concealor if i need to touch up and have full coverage :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It seems that lately, all my reviews that I have been contributing to this site are all really negative! I can't help the fact that almost every single product I have tried is not performing to the standards I like. Same goes for this product. I have acne prone oily skin and I'm still on the hunt for the perfect foundation. After reading the reviews, I thought that this would be my best bet. Unfortunately, it is strikingly similar to Neutrogena's blemish clearing foundation, like almost identical. It smells the same, blends the same and performs the same-like crap. I don't like the coverage it gives me and it seems to accentuate all the imperfections my face has. I have tried a lot of high end products and if it wasn't for the extreme costs, I would definately splurge on some high end foundation that performs well. I think foundation is probably the only thing that is worth buying in a department store. If only I had the money...anyways, yes to me this foundation doesn't control oil, doesn't heal my breakouts, looks terrible and blotchy. Won't buy this again. Ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Cbear1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

When I initially purchased this I was prepared to find it leaving me very dry and with a tight feeling, as I expected from a blemish-clearing product. I was half-expecting to only wear this when my skin was really playing up, but I have to say I am pleasantly surprised! It is a good, natural medium coverage, it feels light and almost weightless on the skin, and glides on so well. No flakiness or dry patches, and it even stays put relatively well throughout the day (on my slippery skin), it lasts me almost my whole 8 hour work day, though I do set with a light powder.
I bought it in Naked, the lightest shade I had available and its a good match, quite neutral and not too pink.
It hasn't broken me out, it covers red marks and blemishes quite well, and it feels good to know that hopefully it is helping my skin stay clear at the same time as looking pretty good!
I would repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by kascha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to use Cover Girl concealer as a foundation until they discontinued the product, and now I use this foundation to cover all of my acne scars. I was hoping that it would prevent me from breaking out like I do, but in the first week, I broke out worse than before. I gave it time, but it still seems to be giving me new zits. I can't feel it on my face and it spreads pretty evenly, but after an hour of having it on, my face looks oily. It's light coverage so I have to use a lot of it to cover discoloration and pimples. I'm going to try Almay's other foundations that do not have salycic acid in it because I'm assuming that is what is making me break out worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by starbrite321

I have used this foundation for a few years now. It was one of the first liquid foundations I ever used and I have been repurchasing ever since. This is a great foundation for people with oily skin because you don't have to worry that it will break you out because it is formulated for acne prone skin. It does not leave the skin feeling sticky or heavy. It feels very light and natural on while giving medium coverage. I still get oily after about 4 hours but that can be fixed with another light application of blotting powder, or a blot sheet. The only thing that I do not like is that it does not come with a pump, but that is a minor problem, and I will continue to buy this foundation. I have recommended this foundation to some of my friends and they also like it.