November 22, 2014 | 2109 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by victoriasinger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Note that i have only used this ONCE. I will update if anything seems to change upon more times using this. So, i used this today and when i was putting it on i thought YUCK. because it wasn't covering barely anything... and the formula dries VERY QUICKLY. but, after i put it on and let it set then put my dream matte powder over it, it looked really good =] this did not make my crazy oily skin any more oily which i love! the color beige also matches me to a T.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by lemaya

My HG makeup! Never makes me break out ! Just the perfect coverage ! Even better than Revlon Colorstay wich is another good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by jasminschade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

(Sorry this is long, but I hope you find it helpful!)

While I would hold back on calling Almay Clear Complexion (Foundation) my HG - it is pretty darn close!

I have been using Almay CC for at least two years straight; it has been a constant facial companion and has never given me a surprise. Like a good friend, this foundation is reliable and consistent. It holds well with oil (and girls I kid you not I might have the oiliest skin the world... or top ten! I need to blot every couple hours on a GOOD day) and does not separate. Since my skin is so oily I have never had it flake my skin, etc... actually I have recently given up moisturizing all together! It is really perfectly fine for me.

While I am oily skinned, I have never had an acne problem (until very recently.. that's another story and another product review!) so unfortunately I cannot comment on the "healing" properties of this foundation - but the salicylic acid does help with oil too, so points for that! Never had a break out from it!

The coverage is medium for sure; even medium-high if you use a foundation brush. I recently purchased a MAC foundation brush and began using it with the Almay CC - it is a little streaky but nothing that can't be helped with dabbing. To my pleasant surprise, Almay CC dried nicely and does not blotch if you add more wet foundation to it (ie, building coverage) as I was doing this with the MAC brush.

I agree that the shades are a little on the pink side; I am a very Olive toned girl and while I am at the point where I think there will never be a shade for me out there (more on that below...) - SAND in the Almay CC had a yellow/green enough base to work well with Olive tones.

The price is extremely affordable, the packaging could be better (with a pump) but to me, this is neither here nor there. The reliability of this foundation is just plain old awesome!

So I am at the point where I am ready to commit to Almay CC for as long as possible... even call it my Holy Grail! BUT, I'd like to see a few other foundations just to be sure. I have just purchased MAC Studio Fix NC25 and I am going to try it tomorrow morning! The tone is much better for olives... but will it hold up like Almay CC has done to wonderfully? We'll have to wait and see.

All in all, Almay CC is an amazing foundation. It may not be as high-class as MAC or anything else, but it is certainly great. Animal friendly too for extra points! Washes off well too. Love it love it!

I would recommend this 100000%!!!! Take care everyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by ladyofshalott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish this product would come with a pump, but oh well. It is nice, it does not make me break out, but I find it does not provide full coverage. It is a good foundation, but I prefer to stick to Vichy, which provides better coverage and also does not make my break out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2010 2:03:00 AM More reviews by EmsAlley

This product works very well with my sensitive, combination skin. It used to be too moisturizing years ago, but now it's a fairly perfect balance. It does not trigger breakouts, but I don't know if it exactly heals them either. Either way, no harm done. It DOES have an orange-ish tint, but I this isn't a problem if I buy the shade with warm, pale yellow tint (Buff #2).
The packaging is 4/5 because I'd prefer a pump, just to not contaminate the jar if I use fingers to apply.
The price is cheap - generally around $10 USD, which makes it my daily staple. I will continue to use it since it covers up dry patches of skin while controlling the oily parts. Once the winter sets in, though, I may need to alter things a bit. Overall, good product and price.
Edit: I also like that this foundation provides medium coverage - with my skin issues, it's ideal.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2010 6:03:00 AM More reviews by ivana01

i've just started using this and so far it seems to turn really orange after a while, the coverage isn't too bad but it's way too drying and it really accentuates my dry patches and it looks like im wearing a cake on my face! and im not sure if it's the foundation causing it but everytime i take it off it seems like i've gotten more than a few new spots and im not planning on buying it again. im trying the MAC face and body foundation next so wish me luck people and a review will be out shortly!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by adalaw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this foundation is amazing!! it really did clear up my skin and the color sand matches perfectly with my skin color. it lasts all day and my skin doesn't look so oily.
i agree with the other reviews about the packaging -- it should come with a pump.
otherwise, this is a GREAT foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by ilovemakeuphowboutyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combination/acne prone skin, and this foundation makes my skin look better after I wear it! I wish it had a little heavier coverage, but with concealer and powder, I get pretty good coverage. I have been using this for years with good results and will continue to purchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by ShannonLeeB

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really didn't like this product. When I put it around my nose, it gets cakey and flakey looking. And I do not have dry skin at all!! I don't even put on very much either. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this or buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by inapathy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this foundation last Saturday and have been wearing it everyday. I have badly uneven, acne-prone, oily skin and its hard to find a color match for my yellowy light-medium complexion as well. I'm surprised I actually fell in love with this foundation! I need medium-full coverage without it feeling and looking caked on. This is just a light-medium coverage for me and it can be oily looking if used without a setting powder. I use silica powder to set it and it looks great. It makes my skin look nice and even (fresh) and It lasts me longer than maybelline superstay foundation (which breaks off after 4hrs and gave me cystic acne, along with revlon colorstay). This one lasts all day for me!!! Also the color Sand is perfect! The only con is there aren't many dark shades at all for the darker girls. I'm medium-light and I had to use the second darkest shade! So far my acne has stayed the same but I noticed they come to a "head" quicker. Finally a foundation that hasn't made my acne worse! Thats all i care about. I have my palladio wet/dry and concealor if i need to touch up and have full coverage :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No