Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 2/8/2011 1:29:00 PM

I should start by saying I'm not a huge fan of foundation -- only use it for nights out and stick to a tinted moisturizer for daily use. That said, I really like this one for the times that I do need a foundation. The coverage is great and the color match is great for my NC20-25 skin (I got this one in Naked.) Doesn't make me break out, which is a HUGE plus for my skin... I break out from 95% of the things I've ever put on it. What I use it for mostly is as a concealer. I have some old acne scarring on my cheeks, and I've found that if I dab it on the spots with a concealer brush and then buff in with a kabuki, it gives an airbrushed finish and great coverage! When used as a full-face foundation, it also controls oiliness very well -- better than any other product I've ever tried. That said, it can look cakey if you apply too much, but I don't think you can ever really avoid that with a foundation, and this is one of the best I've tried.

on 2/7/2011 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My search for foundation that actually stays on has a current winner! Very happy with this product. Wanted to try their Truly Lasting Color foundation, but color match was not good. This clear complexion foundation stays on all day and with my oily skin, that has never happened before. There is only 0.5% salicylic acid, so it isn't likely to irritate. Have used it a week now and so far it is great. I don't have running foundation after 4 hours and it doesn't exaggerate fine lines. Definitely recommend it for anyone with combo or oily skin.

on 2/6/2011 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is the only foundation I've ever used that does help prevent breakouts. When I try to switch to another foundation, I start to get bumps on my forehead and blemishes on my cheeks and chin. When I switch back to almay clear, it significantly improves! The coverage is fair, but it does wear off on hot days. The packaging is fine, I just put a sponge over the top, tip it over then back, and use whatever landed on the sponge. A pump or tiny hole would be nice, but it's not necessary. I will definitely buy this again because of my acne-prone skin!

on 2/6/2011 1:28:00 PM

I like this foundation because it doesn't make me break out. But it doesn't cover amazingly, especially not scars. It also can make your skin look flaky even directly after applying moisturizer. It works so much better if you mix it with your moisturizer though!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this foundation. I am normally a bare essentials girl, but wanted some fuller coverage and o try something new. Beautiful finish, stays on all day, I always set with powder though.

on 2/1/2011 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

GIRLS. (acne-prone) GIRLS.
Stop, stop, stop buying and trying all different kinds of make-up to cover up your acne.

I am now 20 years old, and have had the most sensitive and oily, breakout-prone skin since I was 13. I can tell you that the majority of products, even the powders, liquids and cremes that claim they "won't cause breakouts," will.

My dermatologist years ago recommended to me this version of Almay's foundation, and I have never turned back!! This is the only foundation I've ever found that has never been the source of my break outs. Each morning, after using this make-up, I have a more even looking skin tone, which really helps with my confidence.

Here are some tips for this make-up:
-The best in-store price I've found for this make-up is always at Bed Bath and Beyond! My local drug stores are always more expensive than good ol' BBAB.
- Always apply with a make-up sponge. Using your fingertips to blend is only spreading bacteria and oil from your hands.
- Almay's liquid make-ups all come in the same type of bottle, so don't grab the wrong type! Make sure it says "Clear Complexion Blemish Healing," rather than something else.
- Enjoy your new make-up!!

I'm so glad to spread the word on this make-up. Enjoy girls!

on 1/25/2011 6:02:00 PM

I bought this in Sand for $10-12 at Walmart (too expensive for what it's worth).

PROS:
- Lasts for a long time
- Full coverage that generally covers blemishes

CONS:
- No pump, liquid pours too fast out of bottle (I usually end up with more than I use)
- Cakey (my mom has commented on how cakey it is and I even use a brush that's supposed to give an airbrushed effect)
- Expensive
- Melts off when sweating (I wore sunglasses and you could see my skin where the sunglasses sat because it melted off during a hot day)

I've been using this foundation since I haven't looked into any other options but it's not the greatest drugstore foundation you could find.

on 1/25/2011 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Overall, a good, solid drugstore brand that's great for the oily (and of course, acne-prone) girls to wear every day. It has low coverage but you can build it up nicely using a sponge or a brush. I would call the finish simply 'natural' because it's neither matte nor dewy, and looks pretty much like your own skin. That being said, if you want something that looks more airbrushed or has more coverage, this is NOT the foundation to use.

I like the simplicity of this foundation and that it's good for your skin. It evens out my skin tone, hides my years-old acne scars decently well, and feels very soft and light, like you're not wearing anything. I did get a a single dry patch on my cheek one day about 12 hrs after I applied it, but for the most part, I didn't notice this foundation fading noticeably throughout the day or drying out my skin. As for oil control, it's not a miracle BUT it does control the oil on my skin surprisingly well. I looked SLIGHTLY dewy by the end of the day, but it wasn't enough to make me blot (which is great because I normally blot 1-2 times a day when I become unbearably shiny).

Overall, if you don't wear a lot of foundation (like me), have oily or normal skin but would like to even out your complexion, this is a good choice. That being said, I will probably use up my bottle and then move on to try something else, just out of sheer curiosity.

on 1/6/2011 12:03:00 PM

I have very acne prone oily skin. I used this product for over 3 years. Although, it was great at clearing up my skin and keeping the shine away. After a while, I started to notice that it was doing such a good job at keeping my acne away and my skin shine free that it was giving my fine wrinkles. In my opinion the salaic acid kept my skin too dry even with using moisturizers twice a day.

Overall, this is a great foundation for controlling your acne, but I wouldn't plan on using it long term as you may start to notice fine lines. I have just recently switched to Maybelline Age Rewind, I have been using it for about 2 weeks now, and so far so good!!

on 1/5/2011 2:52:00 PM

I love this foundation! My derm recommended it to me, he said to use almay or Clinique so I started with almay since it's cheaper. I am about to buy my third bottle. I love it! I use a sponge only twice, once each side. I also make sure to wash my face on the nights when I have worn make up, I don't wash at night if I'm not wearing make up. My complexion has improved greatly. I'm even pregnant right now for my second time and my face was a wreck last time! I was using BE then. When I went to my derm in the summer it was actually to ask about the Clarisonic brush. He said not to get it. Just to switch make up. This foundation has made a world of difference. YAAYYY! Oh, and I also use the almay loose powder and the almay blush.