July 29, 2014 | 1954 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Live4Beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

ABSOLUTELY LOVE! It's a ridiculously small bottle, I mean, really. Just tiny. But you use such a small amount that it will last forever. Makes skin look healthy and glowy, not shiny or overly shimmery. Makes make up go on smooth and looks pretty dotted on cheekbones after all make up is on. Will definitely repurchase again and again!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by mkupmad727

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

did not do anything for my skin, i believe its meant to be more of a moisturiser, and did break me out in places i have never had blemishes before. can be greasy. anyone with large open pores or acne prone skin must avoid this because it will clog your pores with if not one, then more use.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 4:55:00 PM More reviews by macalcia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It's very thick and didn't do any highlighting for me. Kind of useless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 6:54:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the only highlighting type product I've used so far which gives my skin a lovely glow without any hint of glitter or shimmer. I don't like the strange artificial scent although I'm becoming a bit more used to it. Also, it's strange that MAC designed the bottle to be stood on its head but the cap is rounded so it doesn't quite stay upright.

Depending on my skin's need, I either use this alone as a moisturiser, or mix it with another moisturiser/sunscreen to fake lovely, dewy skin. It would be great if MAC could make this in a bronze version as well for those pale, wintry months. It's also a bit pricey for the quantity but it's the best illuminating product I've used so far so I'll continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 6:40:00 AM More reviews by jganzon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i loooove this! my skin feels and looks healthy whenever i apply it under and on top of my foundation, a must have, will purchase this until the end of my time :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2008 6:56:00 PM More reviews by lcr1981

This mixed with MAC select cover up makes skin look amazing. I use this on models instead of foundation if their skin is good enough, and I use it on myself. Bit pricey so can understand why people might give it a miss, but it really does make skin glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2008 7:16:00 PM More reviews by missgiggly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this product, and it is definitely pricey, considering the size - but I don't use it as all over face moisturiser. Even my friendly MAC MA said not to use it everyday, and to use it on the apples of my cheeks, or forehead, but mixing this with my foundation in those areas, I feel all dewy, and rock-star like! It really brightens up things, even when I don't have a glam eyeshadow, having glowy skin makes it worthwhile. (FYI I'm 27 and have NC35 skin, light olive complexion)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2008 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Em92992

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is expensive, yes, but totally worth it. When I first got it I was a bit miffed, to tell you the truth, because the bottle is pretty damn small for the 30.00 price. But I love it to death and use it everyday. You have to experiment with this stuff, but it all works well if you find the right method. I...
-wash my face
-moisturize it with a cheap, good moisturizer
-let the moisturizer dry
-squeeze out a half-a-dime sized amount and PAT it on my cheek bones and temples.
-let that dry a bit
-put on my mineral foundation (everyday minerals)
-put on my blush
-squeeze another half-a-dime sized amount and put it over my cheeks and temples

It works wonderfully this way, and gives me a nice, healthy glow allllll day. It tends to sink into my skin if I do not moisturize properly before. It's not shimmery, or glittery. A little goes a long way, and the simple packaging is actually pretty great for dispensing a very tiny amount. Will repurchase, but I'm sure it will take a while to get through it with the little amount I use everyday.

What can I say? Mac is expensive, but it works.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2008 7:18:00 PM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Strobe Cream gives me a very subtle glow, which seems to disappear when I apply foundation. For me, its main usefulness is for days when I don't wear much make-up and only use a tinted moisturiser or powder or nothing at all on top of SC. It applies magically and seems to smooth out my skin. I even find this good as a make-up base instead of primer. My only criticism is that it smells like detergent! And that smell lingers for most of the day, I find. It doesn't feel like detergent, so the smell doesn't bother me too much, but it is quite strong!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2008 2:23:00 AM More reviews by KAEKAExBABYy

i honestly don't see much of a difference when i use this with foundation and when i don't. i mix it in with my foundation. i get enough dewy-ness with a spritz of fix+