April 17, 2014 | 1785 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2008 7:18:00 PM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Strobe Cream gives me a very subtle glow, which seems to disappear when I apply foundation. For me, its main usefulness is for days when I don't wear much make-up and only use a tinted moisturiser or powder or nothing at all on top of SC. It applies magically and seems to smooth out my skin. I even find this good as a make-up base instead of primer. My only criticism is that it smells like detergent! And that smell lingers for most of the day, I find. It doesn't feel like detergent, so the smell doesn't bother me too much, but it is quite strong!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2008 2:23:00 AM More reviews by KAEKAExBABYy

i honestly don't see much of a difference when i use this with foundation and when i don't. i mix it in with my foundation. i get enough dewy-ness with a spritz of fix+

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by LittleBanana

I can't live without this lotion. It's wonderful especially on those mornings after a long night. Perks up your skin, leaving it glowing and NOT shiny. It's amazing if you use it with either the mineralized skin finish or hypereal foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 8:43:00 PM More reviews by glossylipsy86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love Loveeeee this stuff!!!...
Lately when ever i have been watching movie awards or so on, i have seen that celebrities have this amazingly dewy, glowy look like Scarlett Johansson or Nicole Kidman..and i always thought that it was the moisturizer they used or spa's that they go to did that and probably something i could never afford, but found out that that wasnt the case, i asked around and thanx to Makeupalley board, these girls rock here, they recommend this stuff to me and i thought i would give it a try....
This stuff really gives you the dewy, girly, glowy look!it make syou look healthy and alive again!...it is not greasy at all, it makes your skin look like porcelin smooth!and the cool thing about is that it looks soooo extremly real and natural!People will think this is your real skin!!..it is not too shiny, nor is it too less shiny..Just perfect.Also, if you have dry skin like me, make sure to use a generous amount of it ..I am deeply in love with this product! This is something i will buy again and again!
I read a few reviews and there were a few ppl that said it just sank into their skin after awhile and didn't have the glowy effect for too long.It did the same thing for me the first time i used it cuz my skin was dry and i didn't have any moisturizer as a base ..Well, i realized that if you have a dry face and then putt this on top, your skin will just drink it and it will disappear yes...but you need to moisturize good, then then use this on the apple of your cheeks, then cream blush using the 187 brush..and then you dip a few more strobe cream on top on the apple of your cheek again, bridge of your nose and brow bones...Remember to use a generous amount if you have dry skin using this step...but not tooooo much either....play around with it, and you will see what i mean...I have had the strobe cream for nearly a whole day now and it still looks, dewy and fresh!
I defiantly recommend this magical stuff!!!!!!!!

17 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2008 11:18:00 PM More reviews by ameshi

As a moisturiser, Strobe Cream is too oily and shiny. As a primer and highligher, it is AWESOME!

I use Strobe after my moisturiser as a primer for Studiofix and it really does wonders for the makeup. Without Strobe, the powder looks fake and cakey but with it, my face has the look of flawless makeup and luminous complexion. I've received a lot of compliment for my skin and while the makeup is part of the equation, it only does so much. The Strobe Cream is the real dealbreaker.

Great size and packaging also!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2008 8:55:00 PM More reviews by estherriver

I'm on my second tube of Strobe Cream, and I don't see why I wouldn't repurchase. When I was using foundation, I loved mixing equal parts Strobe Cream and foundation. It gave me a subtle and lovely glow. Now, I'm only using concealer on my t zone, so no more mixing. I wait 5 minutes for my moisturizer to settle in, and then I use a small amount of SC all over my face. Once that is settled in, I continue with the rest of my makeup. I find that I look most natural when I dust a little translucent powder over my whole face once my SC and concealer are on but before I put on blush. I have friends who use it as a cheekbone highlighter, and it looks great that way too. I give this two thumbs up:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by XP0S3D

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A nice highlighter and moisturizer in one tube! MAC has re-packaged the container for this product and it now comes in a slimmer tube with a twist off cap.

What I like about this product is that it doesn't take much of it per use. I use a concealer brush to dab onto my upper cheekbones, jawline, temples, under eye area, around the lips and chin. It is a thick cream, but it's not thick like a gel formulation and it blends effortlessly! I use this product alone or under make-up. I have yet to try it on top of make-up as I don't know if it'll look odd mixed with mineral foundation.

I definitely recommend this product. The key is to use as little as possible. You can always add more later.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 7:01:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

OK - I don't get this product. I've been curious about it for a while now, and got a generous sample of it from a MAC counter. I'm almost done with the sample, having used it everytime I've worn makeup for about two months now (I don't do full-on makeup every day). It does feel like a cooling, soothing, and non-oily moisturizer going on, but that's about the only good thing I can say about this stuff. I have been using it under foundation to get that "light diffusing glow", but to me I look absolutely no different between having it on and not. Even swatched on my half of my bare face, I can't tell the difference between the two halves! I sadly have to put this in the category of "expensive, do-nothing product". Seems to me that you'd get a much better effect if you simply mixed an opalescent pigment in with your regular moisturizer. Maybe it works better on certain skintones, but alas, mine is not one of them. (Asian, NC25) Gentle reader, maybe it will work for you, but I'd strongly recommend getting a sample before you plunk down your hard-earned cash on this stuff.

13 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by miss_mimi612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My favorite highlighter! I have oily skin so I only use a tiny bit along my cheekbones, but it had a huge effect. My skin looks instantly better but it doesn't scream GLITTER. I like that it is irridescent, but not shimmery.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2007 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this a lot, it gives a very nice luminous glow without looking glittery (or even shimmery) at all. I use this mixed with foundation, I pour an equal amount of each (I use makeup forever HD foundation) and mix them together before applying to my face with my MAC 187 brush. I get a very nice dewy glow, no oilies or shimmer chucks (I have oily skin and a lot of things tend to rub off but this doesn't yay!) I've also used it on top of my foundation in more strategic areas (cheekbones, nose) but I found that it's a bit too subtle to use as an actual highlighter (it's very subtle) its more of an illuminating cream that I like to use all over to make my whole face light up. I love it! It is VERY pricey though (I got mine at CCOs and I'm not sure I'd pay full price) so it is probably possible to find a dupe although I've never tried.

PS: I've heard this is what Jlo uses!