MAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 5/4/2009 12:47:00 PM

Does the job, but this is too expensive for what it is! Makes me glow- looks fab under foundation, but you can find similar products at the drugstores that do the same effect. Revlon skinlights were awesome; im so sad they are gone!

For a person with acne-prone skin, like me, this is not the best choice. I can't see any difference when I wear it alone, as a moisturiser and although I have to admit it is a great primer and the makeup glides easily, it always breaks me out. I mean, there are other common moisturizers suitable for combination skins, that work great too.

on 4/24/2009 6:54:00 PM

Strobe Cream=Yummy! It is one of my favorite products of all time!!! It is universal in color, age, & body part! It looks amazing in photos on the shoulders and decolletage & as as a facial highlighter! Many Mac products have broken me out & this doesn't! I LOVE LOVE LOVE STROBE CREAM! xoxo!

on 4/17/2009 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I gave this all medium reviews because I only see a certain need for this. I like to use it to sheer down foundations, or to add highlight on the skin.

When mixed with foundations it makes them have less coverage, and a sheer dewy finish.

Strobe Cream is actually a moisturizer, where as Strobe Liquid (a lighter weight texture of Strobe Cream) as no moisturizing capablities

I love how this product looks on people. It gives a pinkish opal-like reflect on the skin, and when worn under makeup makes it look like an inner glow shining through.

However, I can't stand it. It makes me feel oily (I have normal to sometimes oily skin) and this makes me feel like I look wet. Also, I have tried to love it and wear it on numerous occasions and I always end up with huge disgusting pimples the next day. It does not agree with me at all. It is also a heavy moisturizer, so it is not meant for those with extremely oily skin, and is more geared toward the normal or drier sides.

It does look gorgeous on alot of people, but beware that it is a moisturizer that contains 'stuff' to give it that glowy look.

on 4/12/2009 8:49:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

A nice, thick consistancy that leaves my skin with a slight glow. I use it under foundation and as a subtle highlighter on ceekbones/brow. The packaging is not great as i think the plastic is too thick to have a squeeze tube really, but good quality as usual with mac. Nice product, nothing extraordinary - you could probably get this look by mixing a drop of Benefit Highbeam with your regular moisturiser...

on 4/10/2009 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

One of the few MAC Face products I can get on board with! I was nervous about trying this product, because MAC foundations typically do nothing more than clog my pores, but there seemed to be so much love for Strobe cream that curiousity got the better of me, and I caved. Well .. I'm *glad* I did! I absolutely LOVE MAC strobe cream! I can't quite pinpoint the magic in this stuff .. but it's a little bit of heaven in a squeeze tube! A smidge of this mixed with my foundation just makes my skin glow in a non-disco ball kind of way. I don't know if it makes me look more awake, or if it just camoflouges my skin's imperfections .. but it's amazingly beautiful on! It gives my skin a more youthful/rested look which on some days, is precisely what I need. I haven't broken out from this at all, but that could be due to the fact that I don't use it daily. I love my Strobe Cream days though! I'll definitely always have a tube of this goodness in my medicine cabinet!

Strobe cream is great for sheering down studio fix fluid, it adds moisture and a sheen to the skin but isn't greasy or OTT.
I use it as a base for eyeshadows- a highlighter and everyday mixed with SFF. I love the smoothness and how easy it it to apply, its one of my make-up staples

on 4/3/2009 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I waited to review this because at first I was not impressed with this product. After experimenting a bit, I have begun to like this cream. I place it on my cheekbones and right above my eyebrows (in a C pattern) after putting my primer on and right before my tinted moisturizer. It gives such a beautiful glow. To emphasize the glow, I will put NARS albatross on after I put my tinted moisturizer on then set it with either MAC''s natural MSF or MUFE HD powder.

on 3/31/2009 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

my skin was looking a bit dull & lifeless in the cold weather, no matter how moisturized it was! once i started using strobe cream as a primer, i have been complimented daily on how glowy and fabulous i look!

i would NEVER use this in place of moisturizer, although i do mix it with my moisturizer on occasion.

$29.50 is a bit steep for the amount you get, and the packaging seems deliberately designed to dispense more product than you need. however, since the strobe cream does exactly what i bought it to do (and never looks chalky/streaky like the WnW liquid highlighter does), i will probably buy it again when i run out.