MAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 4/10/2009 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

One of the few MAC Face products I can get on board with! I was nervous about trying this product, because MAC foundations typically do nothing more than clog my pores, but there seemed to be so much love for Strobe cream that curiousity got the better of me, and I caved. Well .. I'm *glad* I did! I absolutely LOVE MAC strobe cream! I can't quite pinpoint the magic in this stuff .. but it's a little bit of heaven in a squeeze tube! A smidge of this mixed with my foundation just makes my skin glow in a non-disco ball kind of way. I don't know if it makes me look more awake, or if it just camoflouges my skin's imperfections .. but it's amazingly beautiful on! It gives my skin a more youthful/rested look which on some days, is precisely what I need. I haven't broken out from this at all, but that could be due to the fact that I don't use it daily. I love my Strobe Cream days though! I'll definitely always have a tube of this goodness in my medicine cabinet!

Strobe cream is great for sheering down studio fix fluid, it adds moisture and a sheen to the skin but isn't greasy or OTT.
I use it as a base for eyeshadows- a highlighter and everyday mixed with SFF. I love the smoothness and how easy it it to apply, its one of my make-up staples

on 4/3/2009 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I waited to review this because at first I was not impressed with this product. After experimenting a bit, I have begun to like this cream. I place it on my cheekbones and right above my eyebrows (in a C pattern) after putting my primer on and right before my tinted moisturizer. It gives such a beautiful glow. To emphasize the glow, I will put NARS albatross on after I put my tinted moisturizer on then set it with either MAC''s natural MSF or MUFE HD powder.

on 3/31/2009 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

my skin was looking a bit dull & lifeless in the cold weather, no matter how moisturized it was! once i started using strobe cream as a primer, i have been complimented daily on how glowy and fabulous i look!

i would NEVER use this in place of moisturizer, although i do mix it with my moisturizer on occasion.

$29.50 is a bit steep for the amount you get, and the packaging seems deliberately designed to dispense more product than you need. however, since the strobe cream does exactly what i bought it to do (and never looks chalky/streaky like the WnW liquid highlighter does), i will probably buy it again when i run out.

on 3/12/2009 10:38:00 AM

I love this stuff. When I use mix it with my foundation, it creates a very subtle glow, and when I use it alone, it's a great highlighter or primer.

on 3/3/2009 5:32:00 PM

Do not like this product. I guess my biggest complaint is the packaging. Everytime I open the tube, I get 10x more than what I need. It needs to be stored laying on it's side I guess. Not real impressed with the product either.

on 2/28/2009 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had gotten a sample of this at the MAC counter and thought that it was an amazing product as it gave my skin a nice glow so I bought it. However the price is a bit much though similar to most high end creams, I still love it and would still get it. It's nothing too heavy and makes my skin feel nice and soft; it's also great when mixed with foundation! I'm not too big a fan of the bottle it comes in but that's not a big deal.

EDIT: Okay so it makes my skin feel soft but it isn't very moisturizing.

on 2/21/2009 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this stuff is heavy b/c its not right for my combo/oily skin. it makes me look oily ..well good thing i had only tried a sample of it...

This is a staple in my makeup bag.
The Girl at the Mac counter descriped it as a vitamin packed moisturiser with light reflecting particles to brighten your compexion.

I wear this under my foundation and follow with prep and prime as recommended by the Girl at Mac and I always get complments on how healthy and fresh I look. Used alone my make up pretty much stays in place all day used with the Prep and prime it doest budge.

on lazy days mix my Foundation and Strobe cream for a lighter dewy effect.

Highly recommended

on 1/22/2009 7:50:00 AM

i had heard about this product for a while but never had time to go buy it, finally did and was really happy with its results, gives a pleasant glow and can hide flaws with the way it reflects light, really nice texture too, although a tad too dewy close up but very nice at an average distance. It really picks up the visual quality of most foundations comes close to giving a porcelain effect although a much dewier one. The only negatives being the fact that using it as a primer will cause some foundations not to cover faults at all and foundation can also cake.

Popular Moisturizers