July 22, 2014 | 1118 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by nadia3506

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After looking for a red lipstick for a while, I ended up buying Ruby Woo because it seemed to be one of the most talked-about shades. I really love the colour (it does seem like a magic shade that suits almost everybody), and the fact that it doesn't budge. That said, the first time I wore it it ended up feeling quite cake-y and drying on my lips by the end of the day. I've played around and found that if I put on a tiny bit of lip balm (I use Lucas's Paw Paw Ointment), then apply Ruby Woo, it still sticks to my lips like glue but doesn't dry them out as much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by iluvMUA

This is my first MAC Lipstick and most certainly not my last.

worth every single penny in my book.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by KatieFMakeup

I do like this colour but not when i have pale skin i feel it's too bright, i was on the bus and a little child was screaming at her mum wanting some lipstick after she seen mine, her mum must of hated me! But deffinately when i have false tanned on (nw25) it looks lovely! gives you a lipliner effect after a few hours but i don't mind reapplying <3

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by anjuv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

For red this is IT. Completely opaque, true to color and has lasted through meals and the whole day with only miniscule amount of fading which is not noticeable. I've worn this three days in a row from 7 am to 6 am with the same results. But yes this is a head turner and an instant teeth whitener! Will definitely always repurchase till they keep making it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by gimmemorenars

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Swapped this out a couple of years ago, I instantly regretted it. Just got round to repurchasing as I couldn't get any of my other reds (NARS, Illamasqua, YSL, Shisedo and other MACS) to quite work as well. On me it's a very bright cherry red, I'm PPP with almost black hair. This shade really pops, makes my whole face luminous and teeth look extra white. I work this with a sweep of apricot blush and understated cat eyes for a real vintage look. This is a headturner so be prepared. Will repurchase again and again... and please ladies do not let me swap this one ever again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by umbreons

This and Rebel, also by MAC, are without a doubt my favorite lipsticks ever. Ruby Woo is, quite simply, AMAZING. I have yet to see a person it looks bad on, whether they be very dark or the palest of the pale. It's the most beautiful rich red, and I absolutely love the color.

What I love most, though, is the formula. I'm the kind of girl who loves lip products because I love bright lips, but at the same time I hate them because they're such a hassle to keep up with. I'm always worried that the color will end up around my mouth, on my chin, etc. Ruby Woo is in a league of its own. The formula is so matte that it doesn't move off your lips at all. It isn't marketed as a long lasting formula, but that's what it is for me. The formula is dry, but I like that about it. It means it'll last longer. If you find it drying at all, a slick of lip balm before application is all you need.

Basically, if you like red lips, bright lips, or are interested in trying them, get this lipstick. Heck, even if you won't wear it more than a couple times a year, buy this lipstick. It's amazing. I love it. That's all there is to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by KitKatLUV

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely think that this is the best red lipstick from MAC. This is a great shade for any skin tone. My skin is very fair, and I just love the shade. It is my must-have, all-time favorite red lipstick.

I would encourage people who may be on the fence about purchasing a red lipstick and wearing red, to swatch this color, and try it out. I don't know why some people are afraid to step away from neutral colors, and wear a more vibrant shade, such as this. I love neutral lipsticks as well, but I am certainly not afraid to wear bright lipsticks.

The lipstick can be drying because it is a matte finish, however, if you moisturize your lips, this is not going to be an issue. Everyone should moisturize their lips, because lipsticks, in general, can be drying.

I have purchased this lipstick several times, and I will continue to do so.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I frickin love this red lipstick!!! I was debating between this color and russian red but im glad I chose this one instead! :) I line my lips with Mac's cherry lip liner and apply ruby woo over it.. Absolutely gorgeous! On my lips, it comes out to a gorgeous red, leaning more on the burgundy side. It brightens up my complexion and def makes
My teeth whiter! I was worried that because it is a matte lipstick, I thought it would be super drying, but it's not. Before aPplying the lipstick, I exfoliate my lips usin a tooth brush and then I applied my HG burts bee lipbalm. Def would repurchase this color!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2011 2:38:00 AM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice lipstick, intensely pigmented, but as a result of being so highly matte and pigmented, is a bit dry. And it feels dry on the lips, too.

These lipsticks cost a lot in Australia... would I buy it again? Prob not, because I can get a high quality, matte, pigmented lipstick for much cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If you don't have this, go get it. I received this in a swap, and I love it. It makes me look classic. It looks like pretty true red, on me. It pulls ever so slightly burgundy. Just slightly. It doesn't look coralmor orange on me, at all. But, it does look great when paired with an orange blush.
NC50