August 21, 2014 | 1785 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by meliatx1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have Russian Red, but wanted something a little more muted. This takes some getting used to. I had to get lip liner so it would not feather. But that is because I am over 40. Also, you need to moisturize before applying.
RW is a blue red. Matte. Long lasting and well pigmented.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Wandertrieb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Disappointed by Ruby Woo. My first red MAC lippie.
After buying this, I realised MAC had changed it's description of this from 'blue-toned' to 'orange'... Does this mean the formula changed too? Well, I bought it thinking it would suit my fair, neutral toned skin. It doesn't.
And it goes with out saying that you shouldn't even consider using this unless your lips are in top-top, moisturised condition.
I'm going to continue using this as a lip stain until it runs out (or, with a darker blue based red lipgloss over top), until I can afford MAC's 'MAC Red' or 'Russian Red'..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by sunshiiine24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Awesome colour. It look intimidating in the case, but I love it. It was my first red purchase...I was afraid of colour for a long time lol. I am a very dark chocolate skintone. MAC NW50/55, N9, with red undertones. so finding colours that complement me well can be very tricky. I love how this red is so buildable and has cool undertones. It can be a sheer wash of red or an intense punch of colour. Fabulous for day or night.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by hrpondkirk

Out of the hundreds of red lipsticks in my collection, this is by far the best. I favour mattes when it comes to reds, so this was a must-have. One of the first things I noticed about Ruby Woo is the amazing smell (it smells like cake!) and it's my first MAC lipstick so I'm not sure if they all smell this great. Then I noted how matte is really is. It's almost dry, so it's very important to apply lip balm/a treatment and allow that to absorb beforehand. I have cool, fair skin so picking out the perfect red lipstick can be tricky, but it suits my skin tone perfectly. This is my HG red lippy!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by SAA2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect red lipstick!
It has a blue undertone to it, which suits 'almost' everyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I think it's just me who doesn't like this colour...

I'm NW 15 and on my it's really bright, almost childish even. also the lipstick is super dry, I can never apply it with my brush.

I usually have lip balm on at least five minutes before I use Ruby woo as it's super dry. this makes it easier to apply but doesn't cause it to melt.

it's a very durable colour, seriously doesn't budge from my lips but I can only wear it when I'm tanned. not my favorite =/

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by nadia3506

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After looking for a red lipstick for a while, I ended up buying Ruby Woo because it seemed to be one of the most talked-about shades. I really love the colour (it does seem like a magic shade that suits almost everybody), and the fact that it doesn't budge. That said, the first time I wore it it ended up feeling quite cake-y and drying on my lips by the end of the day. I've played around and found that if I put on a tiny bit of lip balm (I use Lucas's Paw Paw Ointment), then apply Ruby Woo, it still sticks to my lips like glue but doesn't dry them out as much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by iluvMUA

This is my first MAC Lipstick and most certainly not my last.

worth every single penny in my book.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by KatieFMakeup

I do like this colour but not when i have pale skin i feel it's too bright, i was on the bus and a little child was screaming at her mum wanting some lipstick after she seen mine, her mum must of hated me! But deffinately when i have false tanned on (nw25) it looks lovely! gives you a lipliner effect after a few hours but i don't mind reapplying <3

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by anjuv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

For red this is IT. Completely opaque, true to color and has lasted through meals and the whole day with only miniscule amount of fading which is not noticeable. I've worn this three days in a row from 7 am to 6 am with the same results. But yes this is a head turner and an instant teeth whitener! Will definitely always repurchase till they keep making it.