April 21, 2014 | 1380 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 2:57:00 AM More reviews by sookiepyopyo

I got this is a gift and at first thought it was so bright but shortly fell in love with it. I was a smokey eye, nude lip gal until Ruby Woo came into my life. Now, I embrace the nude eye and bright lip. The color is so beautiful and brings life to your entire face. It is a dry formula but I wouldn't want it any other way (just make sure your lips are moisturized!); remember to put on lip balm the night before and while you are getting ready. I don't like to put on any lip balm just before because I want the application to be matte. I do not like bright, glossy lips. And for this type of color I think matte is the right texture (wouldn't want my lipstick transferring all over the place quickly). Even if you shy away from reds or brights, it's certainly worth a try. You may not like it the first time but I think it will grow on you. It's best to keep the eye makeup and blush light with this type of lip though and no bronzer.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Victorialanette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first red lipstick. I was very wary about whether not i could pull off red lips but after researching the perfect red lipstick i decided to go with ruby woo an i have to say I am not disappointed. It is a bit drying and that took some time getting use to but it stays on forever! Since it has blue undertones it doesnt make your teeth appear yellow which is really good. It suprise me looking in the mirror at first cause its such a bold color but i quickley got use to it an now i keep it in my purse all the time for when I want to feel a bit more glamourous. Ill deffinently be buying it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by blueingreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ruby Woo is a cool toned vivid red. Very glamorous, maybe a little retro, depending on how you use it. The finish is MAC's old matte formula, which is extremely dry, but wears incredibly well. It applies evenly, doesn't accentuate lip lines, easily goes on opaque, etc. I find it to be a hint cooler and brighter than Russian Red, which I think has a slightly richer look on the lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by miabia812

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Honestly I have been contemplating for months whether to buy this lipstick or not. I've been looking up reviews and pics on WOC. For ref I am an NC40. I heard that with extremely pigmented lips, which I do have, the color tends to come out more pinkish...SO NOT TRUE!!! It is a very dry lipstick but the payoff is so worth it. Remember to moisturize before use. I hope this review helps for all my WOC. Enjoy!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by ThatTallGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A beautiful deep red-coloured lipstick with blue undertones that gets me compliments wherever I go!
Def. a lipstick that boosts both your outfit and confidence instantly!
Am pretty sure I will repurchase when I run out..and I will be running out soon.
A bit drying, yes, but still: It's a winner! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by michellerodgerscts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOOOOVVVEEEE this lipstick, I wore it for the second time last night...i woke up this morning and my lips still looked flawless, so I had to write a review haha.

So i had an event last night, and I thought that a dramatic red lip would be a nice compliment to neutral cat eye. I love this lipstick....I applied a little rosebud salve to my lips, just a touch...filled in my entire lip with Currant lipliner, then applied Ruby Woo to my lip. Ive also tried it with a red lipliner (for a brighter/truer red, and that also looks amazing). I find that it applied much easier straight from the tube, as opposed to using a brush bc its not very pliable. Any little mistakes I took my MAC Studio Fix concealer and went around the outside of my lip. This made the shape of my lips much more dramatic, and added a nice finishing touch.

I am NC 45/50 in mac MAC foundation (well N7 in MAC F&B), with very full lips...and I have a lot of friends that own this lipstick, and it truly does look great on everyone. A very true blue/red lipstick that literally lasts for HOURS....did I tell you that I put it on at 6:30pm....and it still looks great at 11:47 the next day? I have eaten twice and licked my lips a million times...and it still looks great....speaking of licking lips....make sure that you exfoliate your lips before applying bc this will dry them out, or make them look drier than they really are. other than that....i have no negative things to say about this project. The next time I go to MAC I plan on buying another just to know that I wont ever run out.

Everyone please go purchase. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm more of a deep/ vampy blood red lipstick type gal..think (Nars Fire Down Below) when i do reach for reds ..which is often, but Ruby Woo has surprised me! It's very brite and pops against my skintone. I find myself loving this shade of red more and more everytime i wear it. It looks AMAZING against tan, glowy, super golden highlighted cheek bones and brite done up angel eyes. This will most def. turn male heads lol. Can't hate on the infamous red lipstick...stops men in their tracks lol. If your curious go and try it!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best looking Red lipstick I ever had....I line my lips with brick lipliner then put this on, and it is soo beautiful. I even put New York Apple lipstick which is a frost on top of Ruby Woo for more seductiveness. Its pretty hot. Ruby Woo is pretty hot on on dark tanned skin tones, really pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I was very reluctant to buy this lipstick because all the reviews I read were about being a "blue based red" and I am not quite the type who loves blue based reds. However, I went to the MAC counter and tried it on... and loved it. It is NOT blue based at all but a cool red which goes fantastic with any skin tone. It enlightens your complexion in a matter of seconds. I also heard complains about being too dry. Well, in my opinion, this is one of the pros of this lipstick as it doesnīt bleed at all and you only need a bit of lip balm before applying it and thatīs it!. I love Ruby Woo and I think Iīll be repurchasing it for the rest of my life.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

This red reminds me of chinese new year (ang pao red), it is very very bright and tends towards a orangy red tone. I like the color, and how it really stays long, but I am not a fan of the really really dry formula. On some days it feels ok, but when my lips are kinda dry, I will add on another MAC lipstick called On Hold. It gives me more moisture, and does not alter the overall color too much.