MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

4.4

on 9/29/2012 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Everyone is giving rave reviews on this product. It is a very gorgeous red, looks good on everyone! Mkaes you look sophisticated, sexy, and classy. BUT the only downside is its not creamy at all, it's weird to apply because it is not creamy. And very drying to lips, for sure use a lip primer otherwise the color will fade within 2 hours. Even though it has these downfalls, I don't mind reapply the color and so on throughout the day, because it is the best matte red color, and doesn't look pinky or orangey at all which is good because I am a winter skin tone.

on 9/28/2012 10:01:00 AM

Got this yesterday and love it already! Agree with a lot of the other reviews, yes it is very dry but it's such a lovely colour and has such an amazing staying power (doesn't come off on glasses or cups ... yay!). It is expensive for a lipstick but so are all mac lipsticks, but you definitely pay for quality. I don't have a lip liner and I think it will look better with one just to neaten the edges, but looks lovely without. Gorgeous colour that demands attention!

on 9/26/2012 7:19:00 AM

I got this on a whim I was bringing back empties and wanted to get something I did not have yet and I thought I do not have many reds let alone Matte reds. This reminds me of classic pin up red many people say they find this lipstick to be very drying for me it is not the case unless I have a week where I wear a matte lip three or four days in a row. If I want to add a bit of change to this lipstick I take my YSL rouge pur couture 20 and add it right in the center. This is a staple lipstick in any collection and a great pick for fall.

on 9/19/2012 9:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Next to pointless adding another glowing review here but i just have to!

This is the absolutely embodies what a classic red lipstick should be! its honestly the epitemy of class! It is blue toned and so it wont make your teeth look odd or highlight the imperfections they may have. I am lucky to have pretty nice teeth but sometimes reds can be unflattering to them. This actually sort of brightens them (optical illusion of course but still, if it works right?)

If you are looking at swatches on the net just be aware that if this colour seems to be bright red it is because of the flash photography, In the photos where it looks darker and more demeour, that is its actual colour. Swatch it on your hand while at the mac counter and you will see the difference between what it can look lik in reality as opposed to certain photos.

People are saying its drying on the lips but if after you brush your teeth you use a towel to get rid of the excess water from the bursh, use the brush t exfoliae thelips, just move it across the lips, then apply your favourite balm, wait a couple of minutes, blot the lips, then apply the lipstick. Then maybe if you want apply a little balm on top. I would suggest you use a clear balm for this. I use vichy's aquila lip balm.

You wont have ny problems if you do that. If you really want a red lip you will positively not regret buying this!

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

My FAVORITE Mac lipstick, one of the best reds I own. Mac's website description calling it a coral red is VERY untrue & misleading this lipstick has NO warm tones let alone orange/coral. Ruby woo is a neutral, SLIGHTLY blue based, ultra dry matte but still applies even. The signature Mac vanilla scent is even more potent due to its dry texture. Make sure to scrub the lips several times & let your lip conditioner soak a few minutes before applying. After that I line my lips w/ NYX rose brown, fill in my lips w/ a little NYX red hot (cancels out muddy lip color), and then apply ruby woo. This is a great red to wear during the day. Iíll wear this bronze/mulch on the lid or sable & sketch, even looks great w/ wood winked. Mac matchmaster 8.5 (for reference)

on 9/13/2012 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

simmply the best matte red on the market! great staying power and compliments all skin colors. it's bright so it os probably best to downplay your eyes and let this lipstick do its job!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

This is absolutely the best red lipstick I've ever found! This lipstick is the perfect shade for my medium olive toned skin and lasts throughout the day with minimal touch ups. The color is highly pigmented, so you get a true color result on your lips the first time around . . . Even without lining your lips or filling them in. The only downfall about this lipstick is that it is quite dry. However after buffing your lips and prepping them with some balm (which you've allowed to absorb into your lips), this lovely matte red will go on like butter. It's fabulous, in my opinion for day or evening. Enjoy ladies, this one is definitely a winner.

on 9/8/2012 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I adore this lipstick! If you're looking to feel classic and sexy this should definitely be your choice.

on 9/8/2012 7:04:00 PM

Everyone always goes on about this lipstick which is why I bought it. I love wearing reds and I thought this might be perfect. While the colour is beautiful, I find it super drying and hard to actually apply. I keep my lips moisturised/exfoliated so I know it's not my lips. Maybe I got a bad tube? I'm not sure, but I wasn't very impressed. If they could use the same colour but in a more moisturising lipstick I'd be happy.

on 8/25/2012 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I'm dark skinned black and would never have normally considered red lipstick. But this lipstick looks as great on me as it does on my Asian and White girlfriends. Give it a try ladies x

Video Reviews & Tutorials