April 20, 2014 | 1924 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by MissPinkHeroine

I bought this mascara a month ago after my mum was telling me how good it is. So with a lot of excitement I went to the Clinique counter in my local Boots and got it in Black. It is the worst mascara I've ever used. It sort of stamp off on my upper and lower eyelids. I hate it. My mum has got this in Black,Brown and maybe that made a difference. I'll use it up but will never buy again and it's definately not worth price of 16.00.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I found this mascara flaky and a bit clumpy. Opposite to other reviewers, I actaully think the formula is too dry, not wet!
The strange thing is, this mascara can't hold a curl on my lashes at all! I'm saying strange, because most other mascaras I've tried do that quite well on my lashes. With this one, my lashes were poker straight after about half an hour, even though I'd curled them properly.
I also didn't think it volumised a great deal, and I didn't find it very lengthening. I also found it hard to use the massive brush to coat my lashes evenly.
Thumbs down from me.

EDIT: I did find one redeeming feature of this mascara, as I once accidentally popped into the shower with it on, which is: this comes off so so easily just with water! And doesn't leave smudged mascara under your eyes or anything.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by velvetsnow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this mascara! I got it as a 100 pt perk from Sephora and I really want to buy the full size!

It has never clumped my lashes or left clumps of product in my lashes, no matter how many layers I put on. The wand is also pretty amazing, its very full with the typical bristles. There's something really unique about the wand that separates my lashes though, its fantastic, really!

The only thing I do not like is it flakes a bit. =/ Its not horrible by any means, just tiny flakes by the end of the day. Also, it holds the curl very well, even though I did not have the waterproof formula (I only buy w/p for that reason)

Overall, I would definitely purchase the full size of this mascara. It has some serious competition with my HG mascara, Maybelline The Falsies Flared!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by msoccrchic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG mascara! No matter what other I buy, I always go back to this. and believe me, I have tried MANY mascaras. the formula isn't too wet and isn't too dry, it's just in the middle. I have short lashes and this really builds length and volume to them without clumping or looking spidery. I got my mom hooked on this mascara as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by gvgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my go to everyday mascara. The thing I love most about it is that is the first mascara that does not irritate my sensitive eyes! It gives nice volume to my lashes which is what I look for most in a mascara since my lashes are somewhat long and have a natural curl. I also love that a tube lasts longer than average before drying out so I can definitely justify paying a little more than the typical drugstore mascara which dries out a couple weeks after opening. I have repurchased at least five times and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by abipk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've used this mascara for years, starting out with the samples my mum would get from the gift with purchase and as I got older eventually breaking down and buying the full size. I absolutely love this mascara, but I recently decided to branch out and see if I could find one that I love equally for a lower price.
I have light brown/blond lashes and the mascara really makes them defined, longer, and you can build it up to make it clumpy if you like.
The formula isn't watery, and lasts me a long time.
Overall a great mascara! If I don't find a lower priced mascara I like, I'm definitely going back to Clinique.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by gwootton

Not cheap but totally worth it! Best mascara I've ever used and the packaging is such a gorgeous deep sparkly green-black. It's just the right balance between defining and clumpy which is how I like it. I tend to put it on then let it dry and reapply for maximum impact.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 4:26:00 AM More reviews by MarleyP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this mascara is a great little all rounder. It is smooth and doesn't clump your lashes, however it also doesn't do so much for lengthening or adding any volume. It pretty much looks as if you have had your eyelashes tinted. It is better if you apply e mascara and then curl your lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by dutchgirlincanada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this mascara when I first put it on. It really seems to "pull" my lashes and make them look longer and thicker. The black is very black and shiny and just really beautiful. It is one of the few mascaras that make my lashes so thick and really enhances my eyes. BUT at first, I find the mascara stays wet longer than most mascaras so I end up with mascara over my eyes. Then, after 3-4 weeks of use, the mascara in the tube starts to dry up and it starts to make my lashes look clumpy, the mascara starts to flake during the day, and sometimes my lashes clump together. Then I discovered Revlon Grow Luscious mascara, it makes my lashes thick, long, soft and the mascara doesn't dry out in the tube as quickly as with Clinique's....plus it half the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by pandabear5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't exactly call this "high impact," despite the name. After several coats, my lashes were only slightly more noticeable. I couldn't get it to build. However, the product does have some redeeming features (I don't want to completely rip on it). Like it's extremely black, doesn't flake, and may be more appropriate for a teen starting out with makeup, someone who has a lot of lashes, or someone who wants a conservative everyday look for work.