MAC 224 Tapered Blending Brush

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

OMGGGGG I love this brush. I got this brush yesterday, it's my second MAC brush. I've heard oh so many times on tutorials how this is the must have brush. Well they were not lying!!! It is pricey but this brush is heavenly. My blending skills are not the best but with this brush my eyes look fantastic. I would definitely recommend this brush. It's soft, no fallout and it's amazing. I wish I would have gotten this brush sooner. For any newbie like myself I would say this is a must have brush to start of.

on 2/4/2009 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Warm

This is my favorite MAC brush. It was the 3rd, I'd purchased, and although I like the others, I was not able to perfectly contour my shadow until I purchased this one...also it blends like a dream.

on 1/31/2009 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this is a newly acquired brush but its already essential to my routine! this is a must have for a more sophisticated, finished look. i love this brush, it's really so multi-functional as well. it's great for highlighting, smoking out your crease, and even for shading your lids softly. this brush will give you a great blended eye and will speed up getting ready since this blends so effortlessly and quickly. a must have brush for everyone!!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I use this brush daily to blend eye shadow in my crease area, or to add a highlight color to my brow bone. The brush has very little hair fall out.

on 1/25/2009 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

i love this brush and use it DAILY! it is perfect for applying an all over wash over the lids or applying color to BEGIN cutting the crease. note, i did not say this is a great overall crease brush or great to use for the outer V. this brush is way to big and fluffy to use if you want to cut your crease.

an example on how i use this brush..i'll pick up texture es (a warm peachy brown) with the 224, apply that on my crease to begin cutting my crease, and then pick up handwritten es (dark chocolate brown) with my 222 (which is smaller and more tapered at the end) and apply that in the middle where i used texture. the effect is i have a darker color between a lighter color so it pops out of the peachy brown.

the 224 is amazing and is a staple for anyone who wants to start in eye make up. other brushes i reccomend would be the 222 and 239!

on 1/23/2009 6:31:00 PM

One of my favorite eye brushes. I personaly like it wayy more than the 217, This brush makes blending realyy easy.

on 1/13/2009 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Another HG brush! I use it to blend at the crease, create seamless smokey eyes, and give any opaque shadow a sheer look.

on 1/8/2009 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I bought two of these brushes and I am very satisfied. It enables me to create a smokey outer 'V' as though I was a professional makeup artist! It works extremely well with most finishes (satin, starflash, velvet, and even matte2/matte - think Plumage by MAC). Any Gal who likes to sport the smokey-V look and create it in seconds - invest in this brush!

on 1/6/2009 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Wow, I purchased the 224 brush after purchasing the 217 brush. I have to say....I like this one better! I dont know what it is but I feel like I have so much more control with this brush as opposed to the 217. I also love the way it leaves the shadow on my crease with a sort of airbrushed look. It just cleans up the entire look...I love it!

on 1/3/2009 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I got this after watching kuupio1207 on YouTube. It really helps with blending colors and giving a finished, air brushed look with little effort. I love this brush and I have two of them. One full sized and one SE for travel.

Top Rated MAC Products