July 31, 2014 | 967 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 224 Tapered Blending (Windshield Wiper) Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2008 4:44:00 AM More reviews by cincha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

MAC Brushes #217 and #224, both valuable additions to my makeup arsenal, are confusing b/c they are marketed as "blending" brushes. Not so!
I like the 217 ($22.50 USD) for depositing shadow into my crease b/c it has a soft *pointy* head that gives you more precision.
I like the 224 ($28 USD) for actually blending harsh lines created with the 217. This has a nice fluffy *round* head.
Obviously, both are necessary for doing the smoky look but I find uses for everyday. Pricewise, I find the 217 to be a better bargain (which is why I took off a lippie).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to blender brush. For softening the line in the crease it's superb. I also use it for adding and blending colour to the outer edge of the lid. However, don't use this brush if you want any sort of precision on where you want the colour to go, it's slightly too big for that. It can be used to add highlight to the browbone effectively.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by budaflykisz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm still working on this one but I love it more each time. It's a bit big for my eyes but it's wonderful in softening harsh lines. My only problem right now is that it gets color everywhere and sometimes just muddies everything up. But I think that might be more in my application than the brush itself. Eh-in time I'll know.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by zazzle86

my favourite mac brush! Can be used to lightly sweep colour over the lid, use to pit highlighter on or what I mainly use it for smokey eyes! I swear I have to do no work with this brush it does it all! I have big eyes so it works well however I think if you have smaller eyes your better off with the pencil brush. Some may think this is weird but I sometimes use this brush to contour my nose as it shape really helps! But then I guess its personal preference!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2008 9:31:00 PM More reviews by zephyrdreambaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! I have really small lids and a small crease area (I'm part Asian). I tried using the 217 brush first but I didn't like how it blended. And it felt like it was tugging at my eye when I used it :/ So I just apply a harsh line on my crease and blend it out with the 224! It's great and soft. If you have small lids and area hesitating at buying this, don't. give it a shot. It is expensive but a lot of good quality brushes are.

EDIT: I recommend the 226 brush instead of the 224. It is better for blending and defining the crease...and definitely perfect for Asian eyelids (monolids or just small lids).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by estefaniae_89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love it! i guess you can find a cheaper brush that does the same job but i got it as a gift so no complains at all ! .
this brush is perfect for adding a wash of color on the crease and may also be used to highlight the brow bone.. just make sure its clean first.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 2:13:00 AM More reviews by chdom

This brush is amazing! Superior for blending. I was a little worried that it might be too big for my eyes, but it keeps the color where I want it. I first started with the SE version from a kit & instantly fell in love. I reach for this more than I do the 217.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2008 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Songbird1967

Not a bad product but the Paula Dorf eye crease brush is fabulous! Not too easy to find but a superior brush for crease blending.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2008 10:22:00 PM More reviews by tracita

great brush for blending...a must-have in my book!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by paintedtoes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using my two brushes since 1993! I keep one for a soft wash on lid or highlight, and the other for a darker crease color. I love the way it gently distributes the darker shade along my crease line and a bit on my upper lid as well as on my outer corner without fancy handwork.