MAC 224 Tapered Blending Brush

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG crease brush. I do not use any other. MAC brushes are my favorite. They are the best at picking up e/s and depositing on your lid. This is the best for your crease, to blend etc..

This is one of 3 HG e/s brushes, the other 2 are 225 and 217. They are all you need IMO.

My first mac brush ever! I asked the mac mua for a brush that can give me easy smokey eyes and this is it! Not for concentrating colour this gives the blurry effect and the distribution is excellent. I used it to diffuse harsh lines above my crease. Don't over do it though- the colours are going to end up muddy/overblended. All in all, my fav fluffy brush.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I've purchased this brush two different times and each time I had to return them. The hype and tutorials I see with gurus using this always makes me want to buy it. I'm Asian with particularly large eyes and nope not a monolid. Thinking this would work wonders on my eye shape it just doesn't, at all! It is way too flimsy when it comes to blending out colors and the bristles ALWAYS fluff out making a huge mess on my lids! After returning it for the second time and the mua bugging the crap out of me to give it another shot (and trying to annoy me on how to use as if I haven't already tried) I went with the 222 despite her disagreement. The 222 is sooo much better at blending and it doesn't make a huge mess of my crease and lid colors! I prefer the blending brushes from Sonia Kashuk (from Target) than 224!

This is brush is a necessity. I only apply highlight color with it, but I use it for blending out my crease color. It would be too big to actually apply crease or lid color to my eyes, but I can't make my eyes look the way I want without it. It gets rid of harsh lines with the windshield wiper motion, and then finishes the blending job when I add a little highlight color. I would have to go out and replace this brush the very second that anything ever happened to it. (::knocks on wood::)

I could live with the 224, the 231, and 217 if I could only ever have 3 brushes in my life. (Only I can't live without my MES collection, and need the fluffier 226 and 213 to apply those to the lid and crease, since the white goat hair just won't apply/pick those up!)

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

OMGGGGG I love this brush. I got this brush yesterday, it's my second MAC brush. I've heard oh so many times on tutorials how this is the must have brush. Well they were not lying!!! It is pricey but this brush is heavenly. My blending skills are not the best but with this brush my eyes look fantastic. I would definitely recommend this brush. It's soft, no fallout and it's amazing. I wish I would have gotten this brush sooner. For any newbie like myself I would say this is a must have brush to start of.

Skin: Other, Dark, Warm

This is my favorite MAC brush. It was the 3rd, I'd purchased, and although I like the others, I was not able to perfectly contour my shadow until I purchased this one...also it blends like a dream.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this is a newly acquired brush but its already essential to my routine! this is a must have for a more sophisticated, finished look. i love this brush, it's really so multi-functional as well. it's great for highlighting, smoking out your crease, and even for shading your lids softly. this brush will give you a great blended eye and will speed up getting ready since this blends so effortlessly and quickly. a must have brush for everyone!!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I use this brush daily to blend eye shadow in my crease area, or to add a highlight color to my brow bone. The brush has very little hair fall out.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

i love this brush and use it DAILY! it is perfect for applying an all over wash over the lids or applying color to BEGIN cutting the crease. note, i did not say this is a great overall crease brush or great to use for the outer V. this brush is way to big and fluffy to use if you want to cut your crease.

an example on how i use this brush..i'll pick up texture es (a warm peachy brown) with the 224, apply that on my crease to begin cutting my crease, and then pick up handwritten es (dark chocolate brown) with my 222 (which is smaller and more tapered at the end) and apply that in the middle where i used texture. the effect is i have a darker color between a lighter color so it pops out of the peachy brown.

the 224 is amazing and is a staple for anyone who wants to start in eye make up. other brushes i reccomend would be the 222 and 239!

One of my favorite eye brushes. I personaly like it wayy more than the 217, This brush makes blending realyy easy.

Popular Makeup Brushes