December 21, 2014 | 1908 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by sammyfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I previously used Nars Laguna bronzer for contouring, but it is so expensive. This bronzer was less than $3 and is almost exactly the same as Laguna. I have light skin with pink undertones. Sunny is matte and is the perfect shade-not too dark and not orange. I will never waste my money on Laguna again when this gem of a bronzer is so cheap. I will repurchase again and again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by angiebby90

this stuff is my ALL time favorite bronzer.. only $3 && it works wonders, i also have the benefit hoola bronzer that was $30 but no way does that compare to my nyc sunny bronzer, i even bought a back up of this for when i run out!!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by scooucha24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is great! Not too orange, natural looking, and matte! It's also so inexpensive, and I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by sedst9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I rarely take time to write reviews, especially recently. However, I had to take a moment to write this! I stopped using bronzer years ago because I would catch glimpses in the mirror and it appeared so unnatural and orange. Fast forward to now, and at the suggestion of some very talented MUA ladies I decided to give bronzing powder another shot. I didn't want to invest in it, however, because I really didn't think I'd end up using it daily. So after sorting through reviews I decided to give NYC Sunny a shot. What I loved upon first glance, aside from the AWESOME price, was the LACK of any glitter or shimmer. I want my face to look as natural as possible, especially now that it is summer and I am outside in the sun more often. Anyways, moving onto wearability. Upon application, my love for this bronzing powder just grew deeper. It is such an unprecedented brownish bronze color....no orange, no ruddiness. Perfection. It is subtle enough for very natural contouring and bronzing. I've been getting compliments daily since I started wearing this bronzer. I use an artist brush from Michaels to apply..it is pretty fluffy and big. This probably helps with the awesomely natural application (I imagine the sponge included doesn't work wonders for application). Takes a small amount to make an impact. I have oily skin and this never seems to make it worse, which is another amazing feat in itself. Will repurchase for as long as they make it!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I bought Lorac's tantalizer a few weeks ago and it was NOT what I was wanting (too orange and sparkly). I'm getting older and though I like sparkles more than I used to I don't really want an every day bronzers that razzle dazzles, rather I want something that will just warm me up. Basically I'm looking for a nice sun-kissed look. This has delivered so far.

I decided to try this product based on a bunch of reviews from online about how great it was for an affordable brand. I love high end products and will buy them when they are worth it, but I tend to prioritize what I spend the big bucks on. I tend to think foundation and eyeshadows are worthy of the biggest high ticket prices, but that things like mascara and eyeliner (short shelf life) are acceptable things to be thrifty on. I tend to think this way about powders too, especially bronzers. The only exception to this is setting powders, as I tend to notice a "heaviness" to some of the cheaper ones.

So in line with that cheapness factor, I thought what could it hurt to try this bronzer. A full size compact was cheaper than a sample size compact of the Lorac bronzer. I ended up getting the bronzer for less than $3.

If you want a super bronzy look this isn't going to be your ideal bronzer. If you are looking for a nice, believable bronzer this one is a good option. It is a great choice if you like to do sculpting and contouring. I use a cream foundation and use a cream highlight and shader to contour my cheekbones. This looks very nice over-top of that along with a little cream blush.

I don't know how this will work for someone that is really picky about bronzer. Like I said bronzer to me isn't really a huge necessity in my makeup routine, but from my minimal experience this is a nice everyday bronzer. My only complaint is that the compact it comes in stinks. I forsee it falling apart because it is cheap, cheap, cheap, but its so dirt cheap. I can always break it up and put it in a loose powder shifter if the lid does break off.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by skelley26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This is an unexpected gem. I go into Sephora and see tons of expensive, shimmery blushes promising to give me that sunkissed glow. I have a very unusual skintone. Being half mexican I'm fair but have olive undertones. Can't wear anything light or dark because it just looks off. So It's hard finding face products that compliment my unique coloring. I picked up this stuff on a whim after seeing a beauty guru on youtube use it. I was happy to find it was matte and it complimented my skin. It looks sooo natural. At under $5 I'd say it's a steal. I've tried very expensive bronzers that looked painfully fake. I'll buy this for as long as they make it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by thathoneydip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i stopped using this bronzer a while back because i thought it made me look a bit orange. I always preferred bronzers that had more of a greyish undertone to contour with. Anywhoo, i just recently started to reach for this bronzer again. I actually kind of like the orange color. its starting to grow on me. it gives me a nice sun kissed look. i love how this bronzer is completely matte. The packaging is not the best, but definitely sturdy. Pretty smooth texture, easy to blend. And of course what i love the most about this product? The pricing of course :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this is a great bronzer! I usually find founations and bronzers way too orange for my skin because I'm very very pink toned, but this one works well if I use a broad brush and blend it well. It gives a really nice tan/ contoured look. It has good staying power whether you have anything on under it or not. I would buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After ignoring this product for years, I finally decided to buy Sunny as it's becoming really hard to find lately but always had excellent reviews. Sadly I'm a little disappointed. The plus side to this product is that it has a great price, matte finish, doesn't break me out, and comes in sturdy packaging (though a bit cheap as well but I've seen worse). However this color does nothing for me... Typically I find bronzers too red or too muddy but like many others I have a problem with this being way too orange. It's not something I can ever consider using as a bronzer/contour shade only. It's just unflattering on my complexion. It's tolerable if I layer blush over it but definitely not one of the best I've tried. The formula is kind of blotchy, requires a lot of work for it to look nice. NC15/20 for reference.

I would recommend Jordana or Rimmel or pay a bit more for Milani and Physicians Formula for drugstore matte bronzers.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by volcanic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm in love with this bronzer! I actually bought it because of youtube reviews and I'm really glad I did. It's perfect and super cheap for the quality­.