July 29, 2014 | 2115 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by thankful1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has been reformulated. The new ingredients are as follows (copied from my box) 12/03/2012. I am putting them in here because someone keeps deleting them from the "Ingredients" listing above. (Many of us are very acne-prone and need to have an accurate and current ingredient list.)

New formula:
Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cycolpentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodion dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)]

Original formula for comparison:
ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)

20 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2012 5:56:00 AM More reviews by arcss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Estee Lauder re-edited the shades and the formula, it is not the same product any more! it´s much thinner, it doesn´t have the same coverage...I still have a bottle a the old stuff, the best foundation I've ever had.
To all the members who say "I don´t know what all the rave is about" it's simple, they changed the product, check the reviews on the US estee lauder site.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Jolie80

I m an outdoor sales rep, i need a foundation that covers well and last in a humid country. This works better than most foundations like color stay. Will continue to buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by teitterpated

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently tested Double Wear in Ivory Nude and I'm not really that impressed. My skin is oily, particularly around my nose. At 7am I applied primer, the foundation and then some powder on top. By 12pm I noticed the foundation around my nose was becoming to look quite cakey and patchy. I expect this of cheap foundation but not from Estee Lauder. When I got home at 6pm the foundation around my nose was pretty much gone. Very disappointed and I'm glad I didn't pay any money for it!

I'm back to using Avon matte foundation. I wouldn't say it was better than the double wear, I'd say about the same but it doesn't make my skin feel suffocated like the double wear did and it's not where near as cakey. Plus at £8 you can't grumble.

TLDR: Don't believe the hype, too expensive for what is it.I would not recommend this foundation to those with oily skin (like mine!)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by xKamilax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh my god. This is a must have! Seriously I could not explain how much I loooove this product! Its my HG! My story with double wear started when I got a free sample in a magazine so tried it. I started applying it to my face with my Sedona Lace 928 foundation brush but it turned out that it was waaaay too dark for me because Im so pale! It took me a while to take it off my face because its so long wearing! I decided to get colour matched and try it after reading several reviews on it! Its high coverage which I love because I have really bad under eye circles and I get blemishes all the time :( and lighter foundations tend to have lighter coverage than the darker shades which sucks! But this ones is amazing! I only need one layer to cover all my blemishes! ITS AMAZING! If you like a full coverage I would highly recommend this! Im the shade Bone in Estée Lauder and MAC NC15/NC20

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by jg3net

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to use this foundation for last few years and I used to love it. But recently I believe the formula has changed. I have bought new bottle of foundation and it is horrible. It doesn't blend well, settles in fine lines, looks dry and the worst - it looks extremely chalky. Before, this foundation had more smooth finish and now the finish reminds me of the mousse foundations - ends up looking chalky. Estee Lauder - please bring the old formula back!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by misskerryk

THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT MATCH EVERY SKIN TONE. Just a warning before you run out and grab this product. This product cakes like no other. It doesnt give that "flawless" look. it looks like youre wearing makeup. not "kinda", like ridiculously noticeable.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by ameeeba3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation! The coverage is absolutely flawless. You definetely have to work with it and find the best way to apply it, as it is quite thick and quick drying, but the result is just flawless. It works for my 12h shifts at work, and I only need to powder my T-zone a couple of times, as it gets oily no matter what I use, but the foundation stays in place all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by ashley2011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Medium coverage. A bit heavy looking for me. Like revlon colorstay better. Linen is a good match for my nc 20 skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by xrysaki

I keep coming back to this one. It is a full coverage foundation that lasts for at least 10 hours. I finally found my perfect NEW shade which is pure beige instead of pebble which was totally wrong on me and made me stray from it to clarins everlasting. Great quality.