Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Just got a sample and tried Double Wear in Shell Beige which is great whilst I'm tanned for summer but will need to go lighter in a few months.

Despite other reviews I found the application very easy. The foundation was actually a quite thin- it runs out of the bottle easily. I had just done my clinique 3 step, well 5 step if you count everything, haha! I used my MAC 187 duo fibre brush and swirled it in a circular motion around the face. It dried evenly and provided great coverage, I applied a little more to the chin area to cover some blemishes and then I was totally flawless. I didn't really need to apply any powder due to the matte finish. As with all foundation I did not apply this directly under the eye area as I like to use touche eclat there. I don't think this foundation would look great right under the eye area due to its matte finish. Under the eye needs to be radiant and light reflecting to disguise dark circles.

I have dry/combination skin and usually use Laura Mercier Slik Creme in Hazelnut Beige but I can tend to look shiny in humid weather so decided to give Double Wear a go. I think I would stick to this for holiday nights out, when foundations seem to look shiny no matter what! But I do prefer the more 'luminous' look of Laura Mercier. Some reviewers did mention that Double Wear can look like a mask... I wouldn't go that far but can understand what people mean and think it's more down to the finish than the coverage.

It really does last a long time. I had a snooze in it and it did not transfer on to my pillows! The matte appearance can be helped by using a cheek illuminating blush/bronzer.

I may have to get a sample in a lighter shade and see how that looks when my tan fades!

on 8/5/2012 3:53:00 PM

In my opinion this is the absolute best foundation out there. I've tried loads of other brands, some expensive-ish ones like Giorgio Armani, Clinique, Mac etc and none of them match this for coverage and staying power. Every time I run out of Double Wear I kid myself that I should save money and there must be an equally good, 'cheap' foundation. It's the same story every time, I spend £10-£12 on some revlon or loreal type product, put up with the rubbish coverage and oily skin for about a week, and then go back and buy Double Wear.
Imho there's nothing that compares to it so although pricey (£27.50 for the last bottle) it's definitely worth it!!

on 8/5/2012 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This foundation was a huge dissapointment! I'll start with its good points. It doesn't feel yucky like the mac foundations. It has staying power. Thats about it for me! I hate the dull finish that looks like a mask and he colour range to my nc50 range skin sucks. I tried both 6w1 and 6w2 and both didn't even look like human skin on me. After all the good things that I heard about it I was so disappointed considering I kind of impulsed purchased. Never again!!!

on 8/4/2012 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

For the life of me.. I cannot get this foundation to look right on my skin.

The colour match (Ecru) is perfect, but no matter how I try to put it on. It sinks into my pores, creating little pools of foundation inside and making them look enormous. And also it sits on the very fine hairs on my face, which you can't even see otherwise.
Once applied I do not notice these things when I look straight into my mirror, but when I walk into the bathroom and the rays of the sun hit my face at a side angle.. Oh God. Every time I applied it, I had to take it of, because on really close inspection, I could not leave the house like that.

Also, it irritates my skin and burns slightly when I touch it too much or use my stippling brush too vigorously.

It's just not for me. I wish it was. But it won't work :(

Other things I noticed:
-better suited for oily skin
-has a powdery, matte finish
-dries quickly, won't budge
-packaging is awful for the price segment
-quite a neutral smell
-definetely a foundation, you should try before the purchase!

on 8/2/2012 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

HG! Love this stuff! Does wonders on my oily skin and covers acne scarring beautifully! I purchased this when i had a breakout frenzy and alot of acne scarring, when the SA put it on my skin i was like wow! That dont look like me!. Really amazing foundation, stops oils in its trackswhich might not be the best for dry skin gals (a little Fix +) will fix that. My only dislikes is that it looks like your wearing foundation, can feel heavy and doesnt have a pump! But i still re purchase it!

on 8/1/2012 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Skin Type: Very oily, acne-prone with post-acne pigmentation, and a few blemishes.

I'm SO sad this foundation breaks me out. I got a couple of samples from my local Nordstroms and pretty much everytime I've worn this foundation, I would break out pretty badly within the next couple of days. It's unfortunate because the color section is good, covers really well, the staying power is awesome, it's great for oily skin as it controls oil well and doesn't transfer or melt off my skin. Unfortunately, it doesn't agree with my skin, but I still highly recommend this for any oily ladies to try because if it agrees with your skin, it could very well be your holy grail foundation.

on 8/1/2012 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a FANTASTIC foundation for the oily skinned among us. I have used countless (and I mean countless) foundations and with most of them I have oil breakthrough within hours. I can wear this foundation ALL DAY without an oily, greasy breakthrough. I just touch up once during the day and I'm good to go.

I kept checking my face in the mirror at work today because I am so used to powdering myself down. I was kind of amazed that it has held up all day.
I love this stuff!!! It gives medium to full coverage. I need just a tiny bit of concealer under my eyes and I'm done.

I really wish this were a drugstore foundation. I really hate having to go to the mall to purchase this. I guess I should just buy it online at Nordstrom or Bloomingdales when I run out. I usually hate to buy high end makeup because I always feel there is little difference in most makeup and almost all high end makeup can be duped at the drugstore. So far, I have not found a dupe for this. Revlon Colorstay and Almay TLC are the closest however.

I will buy this again and again and again as long as I remain an oily skinned vixen.

This foundation is a major Holy Grail product for me. I've had it for quite some time, and it changed my foundation rotuine for the better. I have never been able to find a foundation that makes my skin look perfect in just a few minutes, but this foundation does :) I apply a thin layer of this, and use MAC's Studio Finish concealer where I need to, set with powder- and I'm good to go. I use to spend a good 30 minutes on my face before because I didn't have the correct products. Many foundations where watery, and would smudge and not cover. Incorporating some great concealers, and of course this beauty I can now have my face makeup done in about 15 minutes (This includes blending powder, highlight, contour, & blush) ....The shade 'Ecru' is a spot on match for my skin. After application, this does dry nicely to pro-long the mattifying, and all day lasting effect. I do use Kryolan's Anti-Shine powder (which IMO, is what keeps my skin matte all day) but this foundation totally helps. I am so happy I found this product, and I had it for awhile before learning how to use it properly and with my concealer. I highly suggest this to anybody, whether you love a natural, or dramatic look (like I do :P) ..... This will make your skin look Barbie like, minus the cakey factor- my powders work so well with this foundation. For reference my favorite powders are: MAC Studio Fix, Maybelline Dream Matte, MAC Blot Powder, Kryolan Anti-Shine Powder and Physicians Formula Talc-Free Mineral powder. These all work great in conjunction with this product. Love it <3

on 7/31/2012 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recently bought this. The US price was $34.00 but with conversion, I paid $26 for it. I got this in the shade Sand.

I really love this foundation, it works well with my skin and I have oily skin/acne prone. I'd highly recommend girls with oily skin to get this foundation. The colour selection is great and it's more yellow based.

Yeah, it takes a while to blend but it's worth it. I also got the foundation brush for free with this pruchase and I must say, they work perfect together! Before I apply this though, I use my Clinique Pore Solution and then Nars pro primer. I can't tell you how much I love that the spf count is 10. I can use protection with my primer when I know I would be exposed to the sun and if I'm not, I can just use the foundation by itself. It's worth it if you'd rather stick to a few foundation rather than a lot (drugstore) for sure. I gave it a 4 because it has no pump. I don't like having to pour it out and it can messy easily.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I discovered this foundation about two years ago and completely fell in love with it. Over the last twelve years that I’ve been wearing make-up, I have tried an insane amount of different foundations. I have combination skin and in my teen years I struggled with acne. I still get break-outs but not to the same degree as before. This foundation (for me) beats all the rest because it is long-lasting, doesn’t clog my pores or cause acne, glides on smoothly and leaves a lovely semi-matte finish. I swear by it and I continue to try different foundations simply to prove that this one really is the best. Doing this may not be the smartest idea or beneficial to my wallet but it gives me pleasure in knowing that Double Wear will never fail me. The only little issue I have is the packaging - hard to get the product out when it's nearing the end.