December 21, 2014 | 1460 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by rosietse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG cleanser, hands down. This cleanser cleans well and moisturizes with glycerin. As a mask, it works well to freshen up my skin. I love that it has benzoyl peroxide in it without being too harsh or drying. I would suggest this to anyone with acne, especially those of us who have dry skin and acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by RAWRitsjennays

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

love love love this cleanser! it beats all of the cleansers i've been using in a LONG run (neutrogena oil-free cleanser, cetaphil, etc.). My skin has never felt this soft! It makes my skin feel so clean and improves my break outs. doesn't dry my skin out at all:) will continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by laurenmariern24

Although I have read hundreds of reviews on MUA, this is my first. I had to take a minute and tell others about this great product. First off, I have oily acne prone skin. I have used basically every prescription and OTC product out there. I've found through trial and error that benzoyl peroxide works wonders on my skin rather than salicylic acid. Unfortunately, 95% of OTC acne products out there SA based rather than BP. Also, of the BP products available, many are 10% strength, which is too irritating. This has been the only cleanser I've found with 3.5% BP which is perfect for me. Of course Proactiv is ok at 2.5% and I'm not sure how much difference 1% makes, but I like Neutrogena. It's effective, yet non irritating. I use Daniel Kerns 2.5% BP treatment afterwards. My acne is very under control with this cleanser. It's inexpensive with great packaging. I don't really use this as a mask like it says you can, but leave it on for a few minutes in the shower. I really don't understand why there are not more low concentration BP products available at the drugstore!! They work really well!!! Anyway, I definitely recommend this to someone with moderate acne who is trying to avoid prescriptions from the derm.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by BRosa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this a few times and decided it is not for me. This felt horrible on my skin. It was like my skin was burning. I think it did helped with cleaning my pores but my skin felt really dry when I took it off (I have combination skin/normal to dry cheeks). Because of that, it caused my skin to produce more sebum. Hate it when companies add menthol to their products so people feel it "working".

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by classylady407

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall I guess Neutrogena is not a company that
I can use but this product was so overwhellming to my skin. I mean it burned really bad I had to take it off within 30 seconds. It is so strong and maybe because I do not have acne but I like to use cleasnsers and mask but this one is awful

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by puravida1212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im not sure how I found out about this product. I think I heard about it from a youtuber. Anyways Im usually a neutrogena fan... but im not sure about this product. I used it once as a mask and it kept my face red for a good hour afterwards. It seemed to clear up my acne because I noticed that my skin calmed down... I guess ill have to give it a few more tries and come back for a final word. Ill give this a few more chances

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by ggordil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I remember using this when I was a teenager. Well about 10 years later I am back.
About a year ago I convinced myself that I was over the acne phase of my life and it was time to move into anti-aging and oil control mode. I started using foaming cleansers and strong toners and a ton of SA. While I felt like I was winning against wrinkles I was defiantly losing against pimples.
So after about 8 month, yes, 8 months, I found this on the bottom shelf of my bathroom. The tube is about 10 years old.
I didn't expect it to do much after 10 years but I was wrong. The next day most of my pimples had shrunk and after just 3 or 4 days, my skin looks so much better. Even my boyfriend mentioned it.
I use this twice a day, morning and night. It gets rid of all my makeup including Monistat primer which causes acne if not removed completely. Two or three times a week, I use this with my pretika. I don't use it as a mask because it is probably too harsh and I don't want to risk it.
I am so glad that I made the switch back to BP.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2009 7:07:00 PM More reviews by cgmatthews

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good cleanser but be careful using it as a mask. You might want to see if your skin agrees with it first by testing it on a small area. I usually use it as a cleanser but tried it as a mask tonight. My skin turned very red and feels warm to the touch. I don't think I have particularly sensitive skin and this has never happened with any other mask. So I probably won't be doing that again but I'll still use it as a cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 9:15:00 PM More reviews by etherealnotes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have super oily skin...this helps to control oil and prevent breakouts...This and Alba Sea Enzyme Scrub let me win the war against acne!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by sureve

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am 32 years old and have had exteremely oily, acne pronse skin ever since I can remember. I've tried expensive stuff like DDF and Peter Thomas Roth and have finally found relief using this cleanser.

I wouldnt reccommend it as a mask unless you have tough skin, but I do leave it sit on my face for just a few minutes while I brush my teeth. Skin feels refreshed and extremely clean witout feeling stripped after use. It seems to be much more effective for me than Sacilyic Acid cleansers.

I've gone through an entire tube of this and can't believe how much clearer my skin looks.

Try It!