August 21, 2014 | 947 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by ggordil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I remember using this when I was a teenager. Well about 10 years later I am back.
About a year ago I convinced myself that I was over the acne phase of my life and it was time to move into anti-aging and oil control mode. I started using foaming cleansers and strong toners and a ton of SA. While I felt like I was winning against wrinkles I was defiantly losing against pimples.
So after about 8 month, yes, 8 months, I found this on the bottom shelf of my bathroom. The tube is about 10 years old.
I didn't expect it to do much after 10 years but I was wrong. The next day most of my pimples had shrunk and after just 3 or 4 days, my skin looks so much better. Even my boyfriend mentioned it.
I use this twice a day, morning and night. It gets rid of all my makeup including Monistat primer which causes acne if not removed completely. Two or three times a week, I use this with my pretika. I don't use it as a mask because it is probably too harsh and I don't want to risk it.
I am so glad that I made the switch back to BP.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2009 7:07:00 PM More reviews by cgmatthews

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good cleanser but be careful using it as a mask. You might want to see if your skin agrees with it first by testing it on a small area. I usually use it as a cleanser but tried it as a mask tonight. My skin turned very red and feels warm to the touch. I don't think I have particularly sensitive skin and this has never happened with any other mask. So I probably won't be doing that again but I'll still use it as a cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 9:15:00 PM More reviews by etherealnotes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have super oily skin...this helps to control oil and prevent breakouts...This and Alba Sea Enzyme Scrub let me win the war against acne!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by sureve

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am 32 years old and have had exteremely oily, acne pronse skin ever since I can remember. I've tried expensive stuff like DDF and Peter Thomas Roth and have finally found relief using this cleanser.

I wouldnt reccommend it as a mask unless you have tough skin, but I do leave it sit on my face for just a few minutes while I brush my teeth. Skin feels refreshed and extremely clean witout feeling stripped after use. It seems to be much more effective for me than Sacilyic Acid cleansers.

I've gone through an entire tube of this and can't believe how much clearer my skin looks.

Try It!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by livendeadgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love love love this cleanser!! This has gotten rid of my acne and removed my makeup at the same time. Don't really use the mask maybe once a year lol but its a great cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by keitran

I sincerely love this product even though I've only used this product three times. I had a planet on my forehead, but when I used this. The next day, my pimples had shrunken. Idk if this is normal or not, but my face gets itchy here and there. Not super itchy or anything. It also makes my face really soft! Normally cleansers don't do that to my face esp. the last cleanser I had which was Noxzema, it wasn't really doing anything to my skin except keeping it fresh and sort of clean. This product is definitely a must! Okay, only if it works for your skin. I have oily-combination skin and it worked for me cause Neutrogena is for people with combination to oily skin. I think they have products for dry skin people too but I'm not too sure about that. xD

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2009 3:00:00 AM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When it comes to benzoyl peroxide, I'm very cautious because of past experiences. I decided that I have an allergy to it because everytime I used it, my skin would become dry, red, flaky, & dull. But I had to see what all the fuss was about and my acne hasn't been responding to salicylic acid. So I bought it and am so happy I did!! My skins finally clearing up and isn't irritated at all. In fact it doesn't even feel dry, just clean and like my pores are finally cleared out..I need a cleanser that does that as I wear foundation pretty much everyday. Yet another great acne product from Nuetrogena!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 1:26:00 AM More reviews by tan0h0lic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Heaven in a tube! I bought this after st. ives apricot scrub broke me out terribly, and it cleared up my spots wonderfully. I love the tingly cool feeling of this cleanser, and I have used it as a mask and it has a very intense fresh feeling.. If you are sensitive to the cooling i would not recommend using this as a mask though. My skin feels very clean but not tight or filmy after washing my face. The only gripes I have are that since it's a dual cleanser/mask, its a bit "chalky" and takes some patience to lather. Other than that, love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So, I absolutely love this cleanser. I feel that is definetly has been improving my skin and getting rid of my blemishes fast. I've been using it for a few months and just recently bought another one. I don't use it as a mask. I feel that it would be too strong as a mask. Instead, I use it in the morning along with a gentle exfolilator and at night when taking a shower I leave it on my face for a few min while doing my hair.
I would definetly not recommend using this for spot treatments. I agree with another reviewer on here, that when used as a spot treatment it will reduce the blemish but leave a nasty dark mark. Instead, I use queen helene mint julep for spot treatments and it works! =)
overall, I love love this cleanser. =)
5/5 on everything but spot treatment.
Oh and another thing to note about this is that you know when you pour some in your hand and some stays in the cap, well it'll harden quite a bit and can make a big clumpy mess if you don't clean it up. I instead just got all that clumpy goodness and used it for my chest while in the shower and didn't waste any product. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by jobarbie

This was actually my first benzoyl peroxide product ever, so I was very cautious and careful. The first time I used it I made sure I was extra gentle. This is perfect! My skin is ridiculously acne prone since I'm 13. This is clearing up my acne day after day, and at first it was irritating but now my skin is becoming used to it. Give this a try, it's definitely worth it!