November 27, 2014 | 1583 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by sunday1966

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

A great concealer. Easy to use and blend, covers everything and stays on all day. I agree with some of the others who have written a review here, that it can have a drying effect on the undereye area which can lead to fine lines. It's important wo wear a decent hydrating eyecream underneath this concealer. Apply it sparingly, don't pile this one up.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 7:57:00 AM More reviews by LizziBizzi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer because it combines the coverage of a cream with the blendability and light feel of a liquid. It's seriously heavy-duty (without being uncomfortable to wear), so will cover any blemishes or discoloration you can throw at it. It's also amazing at covering dark circles, but I know not everyone can use it for this purpose since it can exacerbate dry undereye skin. Like the foundation, it has a slightly strange smell straight from the tube, but this disappears once it sets. It stays put all day whether I powder over it or not; even in hot, humid weather, and the sturdy plastic tube and doefoot applicator make it really portable (not that I ever have to touch it up!). I'm lucky in that Light/Medium is the perfect shade for me, but there's not a great shade selection so some people may find it difficult to get a colour match.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Ava_B

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have always used solid concealers and never liked anything creamy or liquidy because I didn't think they covered. This may very well be the case with everything except Double Wear. I received an extremely generous sample (it's lasted almost a year). I didn't have high hopes but since it was free I gave it a shot and WOW! It's amazing. I'm pale and light medium is a good match. It covers perfectly. I don't use the wand applicator. I put it on my finger and pat it in and it doesn't leave that thick spot mark that every other concealer has (maybe I have bad technique?). Anyway, I love this concealer and will never try another! It covers blemishes, dark circles, you name it and it hasn't ever caused me to break out. Good stuff. I will have no problem spending 20 bucks on it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was okay in the beginning, I thought I bought the darkest color but still so light, you can see it in all my pictures, but that's my fault!! It's great at covering under eye darkness but very drying. I cringed everytime I had to tug under my eye to use it. Yes it lasts but because of the drying it defined my fine lines eve more. I'm using MAC moisture cover now and I love it, I think it has repaired the dryness under my eye!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by yunnyunn

I own both 01 (light) and 02 (light/med). 02 suits my NC30 skin better. 01 is slightly too un-naturally white. I also use it mainly to cover my dark circles and minor acne scars. It lasts about 10 hours, then I need to reapply. Overall, very easy to use and like it alot. Just dot it to wherever you need it. Though the texture is kinda liquid, it dries fairly quickly to cover the imperfections. After that, it doesn't move/smear easily, until after wearing it for a long time. The low SPF is kinda useless. Lucily it doesn't stink my eyes. It's kinda expensive, but a little tube does go a long way. Since it's working really well to cover, it kinda justify the high price. Did and will continue to purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2010 5:19:00 AM More reviews by IrkaY

The concealer it's not bad, but it reflects the light from the flash of the camera and you can see white spots on your face from this concealer! It's not good.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by mysticmaiden2000

I have been using this product for 2 weeks, mainly for under eye circles but also on blemishes. I have literally tried about 20 concealers in the past year because my under eye circles are really dark, i havent been very healthy with IBS, so iron levels were low (anaemic), wasn't sleeping all night through for years, and energy levels hit rock bottom. You can imagine the effect all this had on my under eyes, i even developed some fine lines under my eyes, my first wrinkles ever (im 28!) and so ive been trying concealer after concealer to find one. Some have been horrendous at slipping into wrinkles, looking obvious or having bad coverage, but this concealer is a god send!!
Im so glad i looked at reviews on here and bought it, as long as i apply it correctly ie moisturise, primer, light foundation layer, concealer, and a light dusting of laura mercier brightening powder, i have good coverage and barely any creasing. It did take me a while to find the correct application and every single concealer i have tried other than this, crease badly.
I have tried YSL touche eclat, urban decay, maybelline, you name it ive tried it. Really want to try Laura mercier secret concealer, but this is great!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by amandaleejones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do like this product...but not as much as everyone else seems to I guess. I still wanted to give it a good rating, but was also wondering if anyone could give me advice on how they apply it. I've tried it for under eye concealor and like it. I've tried it for shadow primer and it's hit and miss. Some days it doesn't crease, and some days it does. I don't know if this may be from me working out and sweating, but are there any tricks to putting this one and making it stay put?
Also, i have a lot of hyperpigmentation from acne, as well as existing/new acne and i find that it covers some spots, but not others. I have a pimple i applied it to today, about 2 or 3 times, and it is still red. It didn't cover the pimple barely at all. Does anyone find this works for acne and hyperpigmentation? Or should i just be using it as an under eye concealor and primer?
I'd really appreciate some tips, thanks!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by kubskin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer is great! I got it in the 02 color which is light/medium and it is perfect. It stays on, it doesn't get dry or settle into lines and you really don't need much. I stopped using my Shisiedo eye cream during the day because as much as I like it, it is too greasy and no concealer worked with it, not even Double Wear. I just use Estee Lauder Hydrationist cream which is very moisturizing and put this on over it and voila! no more dark circles. Stays pretty much all day. I also used it as a primer on my lids for the Double Wear cream shadow and nothing moved. Will buy again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by sm510

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this concealer! it has great coverage! it can be drying if you dont moisturize first and its a bit pricey but in the long run its worth it. i've had the same one for a little over 4 months and use it almost everyday and its only about half way gone. a little goes a long way