September 14, 2014 | 2143 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by kubskin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer is great! I got it in the 02 color which is light/medium and it is perfect. It stays on, it doesn't get dry or settle into lines and you really don't need much. I stopped using my Shisiedo eye cream during the day because as much as I like it, it is too greasy and no concealer worked with it, not even Double Wear. I just use Estee Lauder Hydrationist cream which is very moisturizing and put this on over it and voila! no more dark circles. Stays pretty much all day. I also used it as a primer on my lids for the Double Wear cream shadow and nothing moved. Will buy again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by sm510

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this concealer! it has great coverage! it can be drying if you dont moisturize first and its a bit pricey but in the long run its worth it. i've had the same one for a little over 4 months and use it almost everyday and its only about half way gone. a little goes a long way

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Rice27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

All I can say about this concealer is WOW. It covers with a small amount, it last forever, sweatproof for me and ALSO looks the most natural based on all the concealers I've used in the past. Ladies, I've used this to cover the worst of the worst, cystic acne. Although, I have to say, I'm upset that I can't use it anymore because I'm sensitive to some of the ingredients used. Try it, if it doesn't make you break out, KEEP IT :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by 1alexa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Now if I had any makeup product that is hands down my favorite it has to be this concealer. I have been using this concealer for years and with that I mean I have gone through the 3 times Estee Lauder has changed the packaging. Everytime I would freak out and thought they discontinued it. The color is perfect, coverage is perfect and it lasts. Sometimes when I'm lazy and don't want to put on makeup I just use some of this concealer and I'm good to go. I will use this until I die or they stop making it whichever comes first.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by cavalierkcs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great concealer - blends in well with DW fndtn, although it does sink into pore a bit on my cheeks. But covers blemishes very very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by jikla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

now that's a really good concealer!i use it only for my undereye circles and does a great job with the coverage ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by beginning11

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this concealer it stays on all day and provides excellent coverage! HG status for me....!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by beth3118

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

i liked the coverage ; however it smells disgusting

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by thankGodformakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I use this in the Medium shade and it blends in perfectly with my natural skin and my Double Wear foundation in Shell Beige. It does wonders to conceal my acne scarring but not so much with my dark circles. Definitely stays nearly 8 hours, very impressive. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been on a hunt for a perfect concealer for quite some time. I tried L'Oreal, Maybelline, Revlon, Clinique, Elizabeth Arden to name a few.

Finally I bought this to try it out after someone recommended using it as an eyeshadow primer. (Paula Begoun?)

I figured if I didn't like it as a concealer, it could be my eyeshadow primer instead. Well I am pleased to report this does both jobs very well.

It isn't too drying, and it allows enough blending time before setting, at which point it stays all day. It doesn't make my under eye lines and wrinkly bits on my upper lids look all crepey which is a minor miracle in itself. It blends perfectly needing only a few tap, tap taps with my ring finger before it melts into the background hiding dark circles, red spots, veins, redness, freckles and other annoyances of being over 50.

Unlike the Clinique all about eyes concealer, it isn't too yellow or too creamy. It doesn't spotlight and give me white circle eyes or dry patches like the L'oreal one that it looks like, nor does it make me itch like the Maybelline one (age rewind, too much mica I suspect) and unlike Elizabeth Arden's concealer it doesn't pull when I dab it on (I had the old cream one in a pot, quite dry actually)

It behaves itself like a lady, quietly doing it's job without calling attention or causing irritation.

And as for the eyeshadow priming business, yes it works like a charm. I tap it onto my lids and in those hollows by my nose, then dust on my eyeshadow du jour, which then stays put all day.

I've used it for a week and a half now, almost 2 weeks and so far it hasn't caused my irritable skin to react, not rosacea, allergies, eczema, pimples, nothing.

Winner, yes. Holy Grail status, not sure yet but certainly the closest I've come to that ever.

Oh and as for colouration, I bought the 02 Light Medium shade, and it does a great job for me. I'm a redhead, pale skin, I wear 03 Sand Beige in the Colorstay foundation, and I think I'm about an NC 20 or so, maybe NC 15. Warm skin, quite pale, lots of redness due to allergies and rosacea.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No