September 16, 2014 | 1754 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by alee26

I used this many years ago and still do now from time-to-time. It really does make my skin feel softer and I know it contains the 1/4 moisturizing cream claim because it is the only soap that hasn't left my skin feeling ''squeaky/waxy'' like after showering. I feel I need less lotion after as well. Smells very perfume-like, but also comes in an unscented version for those sensitive to smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by monicaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I give Dove Beauty Bar 5 stars because it is such a versatile product. Apart from use on the hands/body/face I think it makes a great makeup brush cleanser along with a bowl of warm water and a flannel. Especially for when the brushes need a deep, thorough clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Hollypolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

i am IN LOVE w/this soap. i have the classic white beauty bar as well as the shea butter nourishing beauty bar. i use the white beauty bar on my face in the morning and at night, it doesn't strip my face of moisture and leave my skin soft, supple, and glowing. i've been using it for 4 weeks now. i use the shea butter nourishing beauty bar on my body during showers and it has transformed the quality of my skin. i have keratosis pilaris on my upper arms and back of my thights. i used to be so embarrassed to wear shorts or show my legs at all. i have tried a multitude of scrubs, exfoliators, lotions, you name it! this little gem of a soap is the only thing that i am seeing results from. my kp is slowly but surely improving! in addition, my skin is softer and its overall appearance is healthier. not to mention the shea butter bar smells wonderful and makes my bathroom smell great too! as a person who's been using bodywashes my whole life, I have to say I can't believe I haven't known about how wonderful dove beauty bars are till now. The price is also very affordable. I have normal to dry skin and I will never go anywhere w/o this gem ever again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by wunverdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is for the moisterising beauty bar. I used it to clean my face and it produces a nice lather and makes my skin feel nice and soft but for removing make up at night even though i washeed my face with it twice, there was still lots of make up left. After using it for a week twice a day I found my skin feeling a bit dry, so would recommend this once a day and defintely not to remove make up. I would not buy this again as it comes in a bar its not very hygenic and any other normal cleanser in a bottle does a much better job.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 3:20:00 AM More reviews by makeup9111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's makes lots of creamy lather, it smells so good, and it's relatively moisturizing for a bar soap- I'm hooked! I use this all over in the shower, it's great to shave with, and I think I'm going to try it with my Clarisonic face brush next!
I wish there was a lotion that smelled just like the soap, I would buy stock in the company!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by AllyDennis

I need to express my utter JOY for finding this!!!!
I was reading up on CO washing my hair, and found out that the cheapest conditioner is best to use. So after purchasing about 10 bottles of $0.79 Alberto VO5, I decided that I wanted to not only simplify my hair routine, but cut down on my bathroom time in general. I literally spent about an hour in Walgreens looking around for a body wash that didn't have any harsh sulfates in it, and couldn't find ONE that was a reasonable price. So, I went to the bar soap area, and went looking through the Dove section. I have started breaking out on my body, so I decided I need a sensitive unscented version. LET ME TELL YOU, this bar soap is FANTASTIC. I lather it up on a washcloth, wash my body. Load it up on my Clarisonic Mia, and wash my face!
**THE POINT**
I have cystic acne all along my jawline and forehead. NOTHING has worked. NOTHING. Which means I have tried EVERYTHING. Upon first use, my face just felt good! My whole body and face just felt washed for the first time. I used to use Lever 2000 growing up, even on my face, and I never had breakouts through my teen years. Once I started meddling with acne products thinking, "If my face is kinda clear, maybe it will get even BETTER with Proactiv!!" WRONG. Since switching, my irritation has completely gone away, as well as my cystic acne on my jaw. Beautiful product. I use Seabreeze astringent at night, and a moisturizing toner in the morning. I tend to have oily skin, so I skip the moisturizer (which I have never tried, but it works for me now!) and my makeup even stays on longer now, with no sign or trace of flaky, irritated skin. I love this soap!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used Dove for years! I use this on my face (oily) and body (normal) in the shower and I've never had any skin issues. In fact, it has kept my skin balanced all year round! It's a great product and comes in great scents, or unscented for people with sensitivity. Will continue to repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've kind of become a Dove snob... only with the beauty bar though. It doesn't dry out my skin like regular soaps do and I love the smells - not too strong, but certainly lovely. If you have sensitive or dry skin, this is definitely for you. I have a cousin who has the worst sensitive skin and this is the only thing she can use and she looks so good. I just love the feel of this, no filmy or icky texture left behind like you might feel with some. Just love it so much!

PS: A few months later I developed this strange rash in my armpit. I purchased the unscented one, a few months later it's now gone and the bar partially attributed to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by shadrags

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A great soap especially for people with intolerant skin. I had bad sunscreen allergy and nothing seemed to soothe my facial skin now i just use dove for my face it has helped soothe my skin my skin hardly needs any extra moisturizing. Now I know why its called a classic formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by charisek

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this soap!!!! I've used it since I was a kid. It's the only soap that will moisturize your skin, and won't leave it feeling tight and dry. I even use it on my face, and its the only soap that will take my makeup off, including mascara. I'm in love!!