December 19, 2014 | 1575 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Ricardiana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely scent and shape, and works beautifully on dry and sensitive skin. I love this stuff; I just wish it were a little cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 6:32:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

After the rave reviews of Dove Beauty Bar, i decided to try it - for my face! I suffer from acne, with pitted and somewhat dark scarring as well pores the size of China (okay, not really but they are huge!)! Anyway, i have tried this product for a month and unfortuntely, it wasn't as fantastic as i expected it to be. My pores are still large and i still have acne BUT there are pros too! It has evened out my skintone slightly, doesn't dry out my skin (or make it oiler than normal) and is the BEST at removing make up! Even though its no miracle product, i'll still continue to use this as its just as good as any other cleanser i've ever bought. Until i find a miracle product, Dove wins!
EDIT! 9/07/2011: I've stopped using this altogether. I realised that the particularly nasty patch of acne on my jawline was because of this! As i result, i have stopped using it for my face and body (but maybe ill just use it as hand soap) out of fear. I've switched back to some older, more trustworthy brands and im slowly on the road to recovery....

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Kimm992

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

My friend suggested I try using Dove because I have been having major issues with acne for the past little while.

It's crazy - just a couple days after using this my acne started clearing!

I swear it's even reducing the size of my pores!!

Best ever!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by specialribbons

This gave me painful cystic acne =I wish it had worked for me like it had worked for everyone else X_X

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by ashmccord88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this everyday in the shower, it has a pleasant scent and really makes me feel clean. My only complaint is that it does leave me a bit dry but not scaly dry just dry in a few areas. I tend to always mosturize anyways but sometimes if I happen to forget my knees or ankles may itch. But it's not enough to make me stop using it. I have started using this on my face in the morning and in my opinion I believe it makes my makeup last longer and makes my face super soft! Overall it's a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by kiimmy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Looooove this. It's so moisturizing unlike other bar soaps. Smells nice too, but not overpowering. I sometimes use it to take off my makeup when I'm out of my cleanser, and then I wipe my face with a makeup remover wipe and it seems to do a great job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is the best soap i have ever used in my life. i like caress too but that leaves me abit dry.
dove does not. it smells great and ive grown up with it. its expensive in australia so when my mum goes to america she comes back with alot of them and i always dread them running out. it doesnt leave my waxy, dry or chapped feeling. i love this soap.
i have never tried it on my face, i am prone to breaking out and i dont think i am game enough to try. ill stick with my cetaphil cleansing bar/cetaphil oily face cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

Update 7/1/13: Like an idiot I tried going back to gel/cream/liquid face washes about 6 months ago. Big mistake. My skin was breaking out and, stupid me, I didn't put 2+2 together until a couple of months ago. Now I'm back to Dove Beauty Bar and CLEAR SKIN!!! I've actually had compliments on my skin and am told that it glows. All I do is wash with Dove soap and *sometimes* use a moisturizer at night(Cetaphil, Olay, etc.). Will never go back to liquid face washes ever again!

Original review:

I LOVE THIS SOAP!!!!! I can't say that enough! Between this and Cetaphil Lotion and Cream, my facial acne is basically gone except for the lingering brown spots which are fading very quickly!

My skin has been crazy for the past 10 years since I had my son. I've tried *EVERYTHING* on the market. The thing that had worked the best to keep my skin 'kind of' clear was Clinque 3-Step, but it dried the hell out of my skin. :-( After a while, I guess my skin became immune because it was STILL breaking out, plus oily, PLUS dry, and I was developing tiny little wrinkles in my skin and it had an unhealthy "waxy" appearance.

I basically gave up on my skin and decided that if I was gonna break out and be oily no matter what I used, then I could at least keep it moisturized. So I started with Cetaphil liquid cleanser and/or bar soap alternately and would follow with the Cetaphil lotion during the a.m. and the cream in the p.m. At first I worried I would break out horribly, but that didn't happen. Instead, my skin cleared up! I still get a small pimple here or there at that time of the month, but they go away quickly and don't leave scars! When I ran out of the Cetaphil Bar I decided to get another because it's more covenient than the liquid. When I saw that the Cetaphil Bar was $5 and an 8 pack of Dove was on sale for $6 -AND- the first 4 main ingredients are the same(!), well duh, I got the Dove.

My skin is still soft and clear, and it has lovely fresh scent. I'm sooo glad I tried bar soap on my face! I never thought it would work after reading about bar soap being so bad for you, but it's a lie. I really feel like a lot of liquid cleansers are more drying and leave a slimely film that can break you out maybe even more than bar soap. But that's just my experience.

Will definitely repurchase.

FYI: Here's the ingredient list for Cetaphil vs. Dove so you can see that you don't have to pay $ for the Cetaphil bar. :-)

Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar: Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG 20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Laurate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate

Dove Beauty Bar: Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Isethionate, Coconut Acid, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate or Sodium Palm Kernelate, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Titanium Dioxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Trisodium

21 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by MeganHan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

love love love this soap. It is so moisturizing, leaves a light scent, and feels soft on my skin when I use it. I typically use a body wash on a day to day basis, but I always use my dove beauty bar to shave in the shower. It works better than shaving cream IMO. I always have this soap stocked in my bathroom.. can't live without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by emily0628

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am loving this soap so much!! Short backstory to how I became aware of this little gem, I was with my sisnlaw one day and noticed how soft and supple her face looked, I even reached out and touched it, lol, but anyway I asked her what she was using, and she told me Dove!! I was like no way!! I ran out that night and bought me some and wow!! Never looked back. It cleans and does not dry out, my favorite thing about it which came as a surprise and made me love it even more was that it washed off my mascara!! Yes!! Not even my face wash would do that! This is now HG!!