April 21, 2014 | 1290 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #219 Pencil Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by rosewitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the only MAC brush i own..i was just thinking of trying out MAC since i thought shu uemura brushes are expensive...but after using this i think i better don't switch...my eyes feel soo painful...it is like poking my skin with needles...i will rather pay for more and feel nice..and i think it is expensive for that quality...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2008 7:36:00 PM More reviews by iwasntlazyinmay

This is a great brush for the crease to define it boldly and to add colors precisely on the lower lash line. It is great also for creating an outer "v" on the outer corner of your eyelids and packing on color in that area as well. I also use it for my tear duct to highlight the eye. All in all one of the must haves for an eyeshadow lady along with the 217, 224, and 239. I've tried the bare escentuals one that is a duo smoky v and pencil but that brush is bigger, fluffier and won't pick up product like the MAC 219. This brush picks up product like no tomarrow and is stiff enough for precise lines. Love this brush...stop reading and go out and buy it. Great smudger as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 5:00:00 AM More reviews by jessicaho

I bought this brush to use it to line my eyes with shadow--especially when I do a smoky eye. It's quite firm, but the bristles are very soft and fluffy. The tip is actually more precise than you would think it would be for a brush that size. I wash it every time I use it with soap and warm water and it's kept it's shape and doesn't shed. All in all, it's a really good brush for the price I paid (29.95CAD) and my only complaint is that the silver MAC lettering is starting to scratch off a bit. I don't think I'll ever need to, but I say that I would hypothetically repurchase in a hypothetical situation that would require me to do so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2008 10:03:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

Oh I love this pencil brush! I use it to apply shadow over eyeliner to create a shaded line over the liner. It's great because the tip is thin so if you press lightly it creates a thin line, then if you angle the brush or press harder it creates a thicker line. Love the white bristled brushes from MAC - they are dense and give a lot of control.

From my experience if you are looking for basic essential eyeshadow brushes from MAC these are the ones you need:
239 eye shading brush - allover lid color
219 pencil brush - liner (can make thin or thick lines)
272 small angled shader - crease/browbone highlight

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2008 7:53:00 PM More reviews by sofabean

This brush is perfect for applying eyeshadow on your lower lash line. It's very precise and fool proof. It's easy to use and does its job. It's also really great for applying shadow to creases.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by LaBellaLisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*Love*... This brush is the perfect crease brush for my almond shaped eyes. I don't have those nice deep set eyes, but this brush allows me to create a good amount of depth to my eyes. I can get color precisely where I want it, those deep dark colors that add dimension, and just buff it out with my clean 224. Can't live without this little brush... great for smudging liner/shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 8:59:00 AM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worth every penny. Wonderful for blending, for precise application on the lower and upper lids, for application in the crease and for correction. I adore everything about this brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 6:03:00 PM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is such a versatile brush that I find so useful I canít remember what doing my eye makeup was like before I had this at my disposal. I use my #219 for creating that perfect smoky eye, for blending at the crease, for applying eye shadow to the lower lash line, for highlighting the brow bone. A must-have for me. A lot of fun to use. Expensive but with some TLC, it should last for a long time. IMO it's worth the price. I definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this brush! I was using the 217 brush on its own for crease definition, but I actually think using the 217 and the 219 together gives a better result. The 219 picks up more colour and is much thinner, so it defines the eye far better, giving a clear and sharp line. I then blend it out with the 217. It means I can get a really precise line in the crease and a nice strong smudge in the outer corner, and then blend it all together to give the perfect definition to my eyes. I didn't use it much when I first bought it, but I wouldn't be without it now. For me it is a must-have!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2008 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Peacelover18

The 219 is a brush with stiff bristles in a pencil-shape. It is the perfect shape for smudging out eyeliner, or for applying color to the bottom lashline or defining the crease. While it is a great, multi-purpose brush, I wouldn't call in an essential one. You can just as easily use other brushes and get the same effects. However, if you do want to purchase, you won't be disappointed. For $23, it's not cheap, but as with all MAC brushes it will last for years.