July 30, 2014 | 1174 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #219 Pencil Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 3:22:00 AM More reviews by evie1121

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After hearing a lot of reviews on the board and reading them here: i recently purchased the 219 brush with the FF code.

What a great investment: i used it to apply e/s on the lower lashes.

I've read a previous reviewer who used this on their fluidlines: would love to try that next.

update: pencil e/l often smudges or disappears on my oily skin, but have liked the lower 1/3 lashes lined.

Prepped with UDPP, drew on the e/l and smudged it with 219. and love the effect.

tried it with f/l and not very effective for f/l application

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2008 10:41:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Same as most of other reviewers, love this brush. Wonderful for lining eyes or for outer v. Well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG brush. I don't know how I did my eye make-up without this. It makes lining with shadow/creams/gels so much easier. I also use it for the outer 'v', and for blending shadow into liner. I've had no problems with washing and it losing its shape either. Overall a very useful little brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by may_baby

I bought this brush based on reviews here and I'm so glad I did. I've used it to apply eyeshadow as liner and it's just SOOOO soft on my eyes! I couldn't believe it. I thought it'd be harsh and pokey but it wasn't at all. It can be used to apply a thin (not too thin) or thick line. Just absolutely love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2008 8:55:00 PM More reviews by holly00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this brush, I bought it mainly to smudge liner into a smokey eye but i never could have predicted how useful it would be! If i could only have one eye brush it would have to be this one, it can be used for so many different things and is particularly good for the outer V and underneath the lower lash line, it is relatively cheap compared to my other Chanel brushes, is very easy to clean and has never lost a single fibre to my knowledge!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by rosewitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the only MAC brush i own..i was just thinking of trying out MAC since i thought shu uemura brushes are expensive...but after using this i think i better don't switch...my eyes feel soo painful...it is like poking my skin with needles...i will rather pay for more and feel nice..and i think it is expensive for that quality...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2008 7:36:00 PM More reviews by iwasntlazyinmay

This is a great brush for the crease to define it boldly and to add colors precisely on the lower lash line. It is great also for creating an outer "v" on the outer corner of your eyelids and packing on color in that area as well. I also use it for my tear duct to highlight the eye. All in all one of the must haves for an eyeshadow lady along with the 217, 224, and 239. I've tried the bare escentuals one that is a duo smoky v and pencil but that brush is bigger, fluffier and won't pick up product like the MAC 219. This brush picks up product like no tomarrow and is stiff enough for precise lines. Love this brush...stop reading and go out and buy it. Great smudger as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 5:00:00 AM More reviews by jessicaho

I bought this brush to use it to line my eyes with shadow--especially when I do a smoky eye. It's quite firm, but the bristles are very soft and fluffy. The tip is actually more precise than you would think it would be for a brush that size. I wash it every time I use it with soap and warm water and it's kept it's shape and doesn't shed. All in all, it's a really good brush for the price I paid (29.95CAD) and my only complaint is that the silver MAC lettering is starting to scratch off a bit. I don't think I'll ever need to, but I say that I would hypothetically repurchase in a hypothetical situation that would require me to do so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2008 10:03:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

Oh I love this pencil brush! I use it to apply shadow over eyeliner to create a shaded line over the liner. It's great because the tip is thin so if you press lightly it creates a thin line, then if you angle the brush or press harder it creates a thicker line. Love the white bristled brushes from MAC - they are dense and give a lot of control.

From my experience if you are looking for basic essential eyeshadow brushes from MAC these are the ones you need:
239 eye shading brush - allover lid color
219 pencil brush - liner (can make thin or thick lines)
272 small angled shader - crease/browbone highlight

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2008 7:53:00 PM More reviews by sofabean

This brush is perfect for applying eyeshadow on your lower lash line. It's very precise and fool proof. It's easy to use and does its job. It's also really great for applying shadow to creases.