MAC #219 Pencil Brush

4.6

on 7/17/2008 12:45:00 AM

I love this brush! So far, it is my only MAC brush, but it makes me want to try more. I use it to apply/smudge eyeliner, to highlight the inner corner, to apply color to the crease/outer v/lid, and even to blend! It is so versatile. Love it.

Click "continued" for picture.

continued >>

Excellent brush! I know it's to be used to for a smokey eye or smudge liner along your lashline, but I find it's great for Asian creases (if you have them) and the outer corners!
It's also very dense and firm, love it!

I hate to rain on the parade, but everyone seems to say that this brush is firm but not scratchy-I must just be sensitive, but I have to politely disagree. This brush is much too rough to blend with on my gentle eye area. It feels like, while applying barely any pressure, I'm possibly cutting my eyelid, or at least causing some damage. Unlike my old MAC 37 and 33 blending brushes, I do not get even blending from this brush. This is no better than the large EoB crease brush, which comes with a smaller one for $5-the only thing I prefer is the longer handle. Overall I'm disappointed in the brush and the number of recommendations that it recieves-the Posh smokey brush, while slightly larger, is far superior.

ETA: Still prefer the Posh brush, but the 219 gets better with every wash! I wash it multiple times whenever it needs to be done and it's much, much better than it was with no shedding. One lippie added, but still only 4 for all the trouble!

on 7/5/2008 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

After hearing a lot of reviews on the board and reading them here: i recently purchased the 219 brush with the FF code.

What a great investment: i used it to apply e/s on the lower lashes.

I've read a previous reviewer who used this on their fluidlines: would love to try that next.

update: pencil e/l often smudges or disappears on my oily skin, but have liked the lower 1/3 lashes lined.

Prepped with UDPP, drew on the e/l and smudged it with 219. and love the effect.

tried it with f/l and not very effective for f/l application

on 7/4/2008 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Same as most of other reviewers, love this brush. Wonderful for lining eyes or for outer v. Well worth the money.

HG brush. I don't know how I did my eye make-up without this. It makes lining with shadow/creams/gels so much easier. I also use it for the outer 'v', and for blending shadow into liner. I've had no problems with washing and it losing its shape either. Overall a very useful little brush!

on 6/3/2008 11:49:00 AM

I bought this brush based on reviews here and I'm so glad I did. I've used it to apply eyeshadow as liner and it's just SOOOO soft on my eyes! I couldn't believe it. I thought it'd be harsh and pokey but it wasn't at all. It can be used to apply a thin (not too thin) or thick line. Just absolutely love it!

on 5/28/2008 8:55:00 PM

I LOVE this brush, I bought it mainly to smudge liner into a smokey eye but i never could have predicted how useful it would be! If i could only have one eye brush it would have to be this one, it can be used for so many different things and is particularly good for the outer V and underneath the lower lash line, it is relatively cheap compared to my other Chanel brushes, is very easy to clean and has never lost a single fibre to my knowledge!

on 5/27/2008 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

this is the only MAC brush i own..i was just thinking of trying out MAC since i thought shu uemura brushes are expensive...but after using this i think i better don't switch...my eyes feel soo painful...it is like poking my skin with needles...i will rather pay for more and feel nice..and i think it is expensive for that quality...

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great brush for the crease to define it boldly and to add colors precisely on the lower lash line. It is great also for creating an outer "v" on the outer corner of your eyelids and packing on color in that area as well. I also use it for my tear duct to highlight the eye. All in all one of the must haves for an eyeshadow lady along with the 217, 224, and 239. I've tried the bare escentuals one that is a duo smoky v and pencil but that brush is bigger, fluffier and won't pick up product like the MAC 219. This brush picks up product like no tomarrow and is stiff enough for precise lines. Love this brush...stop reading and go out and buy it. Great smudger as well.

Popular Makeup Brushes