April 20, 2014 | 1665 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by meganmomoney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite brushes and I use it the most out of any of my eye brushes. I have a lot of eyeshadow brushes that look like the 239, but none of them compare. There's something about the mac 239 that allows it to pack on and apply so much more color than other brushes like it. The white natural hair bristles are so soft and dense and perfect for applying color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 11:01:00 AM More reviews by smartiebooboo

Good product overall. The size is good for covering the eyelid and distributing the color. I use this brush when I apply eyeshadow to my lid (very rarely) just because I dont normally have time in the mornings. However, It is a good dense, soft brush and is good quality. I hope it will last me a long time as it was quite pricey!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by ktdetails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I don't understand why this is everyone's favorite brush.
I'd much rather use my smashbox #3 or mac 217.
This is a good brush.
I do reach for it - I guess mostly for highlight.
For the money - the loew cornell version is just as good.

I had the loew cornell - and gave it to my sister - because I just thought I had to have the MAC version - eh, no big difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 11:39:00 PM More reviews by shells08

this is a great little brush for packing color onto the lid. it's small, dense, and slightly firm. i'm sure it would work well with creams and bases, though i have not used it for such. i currently have a SE and plan on getting a full sized one since i often find the SE brushes to be a bit different in quality. a great eyeshadow brush for anyone to have!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by xMissMurderx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this brush so much, I dont know how I ever managed without it! Picks up color and packs it on soo well, its def one of my top favorite brushes I own. Im actually thinking of buying another just because I use mine so much and I dont like to wash it everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the perfect brush for beginners. It does good job applying an average amount of color to the lid; doesnt really pack it on (i prefer the 242 for that). It is also good for highlighting the brow bone. I've had mine for about a year and a half and its still looking good; no staining and hairs still in place. Two thumbs up definite rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by jennerss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This brush is the best eyeshadow brush ever. It packs the shadow very well. It distributes it evenly across the lid; packs on the color very easily. You can also use it for your lower lash line (using the tip). If you want your highlight to have more color, this dense brush sure does its job.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Calitia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The brush is good for eyelid and the crease. I tend to look for this brush when I'm applying any eyeshadow and when I cannot find it I do tend to panic. The bristles are so soft that you automatically feel pampered for using it.The brush is firm and I have not once had the wood/metal pieces break a part like with many other brushes. Mac 239 has white bristle that may get a little stained with certain eye shadows so I have to pay careful attention to clean the brush after applying with dark pigments. However, I have found that the MAC brush cleaner formula does restore the color to an off-white if I forget about cleaning the brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Jaejuu

Great brush! Soft bristles, but sturdy enough to blend. Its densely packed and picks up just enough product to apply to eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 7:35:00 PM More reviews by bvan117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this brush. This brush is great for applying color to my lids. It is dense and applies it perfectly. Grabs the right amount of product and precisely places it exactly where I want it. This brush really packs on the color. This is definitely HANDS DOWN the best brush for applying color to your lid. I highly recommend this brush for everyone!!! this is def a must-have for ANY make up lovers!!