MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

on 12/6/2009 7:22:00 AM

This is amazing for perfect and precise shadow application. I have had mine for about 3 years now and it looks new. Great quality and worth the price.

on 12/4/2009 5:40:00 AM

The 239 is my HG for applying e/shadow.
And as others have mentioned, it is even more perfect for darker shadows as the application is smooth and even.
I certainly make a clear distinction between an application brush (such as the 239) and a blending brush (like the 217).
The fact that the 239 "sucks ups" the darker pigment on its white bristles and appears soiled after one use does distress me a little, however if you're happy to blend a bit more and use both sides of the brush you can get away with washing your 239 just once every couple of weeks.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is a great makeup brush, one that you should invest in. It is made from real goat hair and has dense fibres so application is easy for packing on the lid. I do agree to patt on lids rather than sweeping movements for more colour payoff but hate having to wash it all the time.

on 11/24/2009 8:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This brush must be in everyone's arsenal. It is soft and is excellent at applying colour on the lid. I don't get nearly as much fallout with certain eyeshadows using this brush. Yes, the bristles are white but I wipe off the colour with tissue after each use and wash it often. It's priceless.

on 11/23/2009 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love this brush!!!! picks up color great, perfect size and shape for me. Somehow I just lost mine so I will have to buy a new one soon!

on 11/22/2009 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

The MAC 239 eye shader brush is an essential to anyone's MAC collection and make up collection in general. The brush is soft with fine fibers, yet dense to collect color. A great eye shadow brush to apply eyeshadows or even cream products with. MAC brushes are expensive, but are high quality and a good investment. The only draw back someone might have is that the bristles are white as oppose to black, so when using darker colors or intense colors and cleaning is not done immediately after wards, it could possibly stain your brushes. This is a must have brush, but also to have in multiples :]

on 11/16/2009 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I read that another reviewer prefers the 217 to this brush. In my mind they are 2 completely different brushes. The 217 will never pack on and deposit color like the 239. Try it on the back of your hand. Dip the 217 in to a dark shadow and lay down a swipe on the back of your hand--see how dark you can make it. Then do the same with the 239. The 239 will lay down much more color and in less strokes.

There are other good packing brushes out there but none as good as the 239 in my opinion. I have the pack brushes from Sonia Kashuk. The bristles are longer so I have less control. The shorter bristles on the 239 make all the difference.

The 239 is make from goat hair, thus the white appearance. This is the same material used to make the 217.

The 239 is a makeup lovers must have brush

on 11/15/2009 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I can see why people like this so much but it doesn't work for small eyes. It's dense and it picks up color very well. Not much to say about this brush because it's just a normal shading brush. Cheaper and smaller brushes worked better for me.

on 11/15/2009 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

The MAC 239 is such a great brush for packing on a lid or lid-to-browbone colour. Picks up the shadow wonderfully, and it's a really great size to go in on the lid. When using this for a lid colour, always remember to PAT the colour onto the lid. Swiping it back and forth still gives you colour, but not to the extent that patting will. Also, this brush can be used in the crease if you don't want a diffused look. Although I rarely use it in the crease. Overall, great brush, and definitely one of the must-have eye brushes from MAC!

on 11/7/2009 10:51:00 PM

I only purchased this recently - my first "high end" (ish) eye brush. Can't believe I waited so long! It is very very soft, but firm enough that its not flimsy. Does take on a lot of product, and most of this is distributed fully and evenly onto the lid.
Very expensive in my opinion. Almost $50 australian dollars (should be a lot less with our dollar becoming stronger, but MAC doesn't seem to adjust prices), but because I couldn't find a decent cheaper option, I decided to get this. Probably people in the US and UK have a much larger range of more affordable brushes to choose from.
But like I said, it is a very good brush.