April 19, 2014 | 1753 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dandelion

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Now that I'm getting close to 50, any product with the word "brightening" in it gets my attention. I also thought the little box was darn cute. My husband saw me playing with this at Sephora and bought it for a b-day gift. I tried every which way but loose to make this product work for me, to no avail. First, the good: The box is cute...if you have a dressing table it's definitely display-worthy.

Now, the bad: Box is not user friendly or travel friendly. Brush is cute and looks like it would work, but no. I wear the lightest shade in every foundation, and it still took 4-5 applications to get this to show up on me. (The best method I found was to apply it with a cotton ball, then blend!) After reading reviews on MUA, I tried to use it as an overall "brightener" rather than blush...tried that, didn't see any effect. Next attempt: I tried to use it as powder on T-zone. Nope, didn't work for that either. Last attempt: Can this be used like bronzer, only more pink? No. It took several applications to show up and, when it did, made me look like I had a case of windburn.

I think my major issue with this is price. If it cost $14 or even $18 I'd probably keep it. But $28 is just too much, when I compare it to something like Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess where for $2 more, you get a quality brush, great product that works and substantial packaging that lasts.

Final verdict: This is a very nice, pale pink blush and if you are rolling in dough, you may think it's worth $28. For the rest of us, skip this, buy a Cover Girl blush and keep the change.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 3:08:00 AM More reviews by PerfectPursuit

I love this blush! I am east indian so a blush is usually a daily thing I wear but I needed something that I could wear during the day. I was worried that it wouldn't show up on my face, but it does. I get just enough colour. I do not use the brush that came with the package. I like the texture, and I like how it comes onto my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by 30oldbagbeauty

I love Benefit so much so I might be a little biased. I love the packaging, though it can be bulky and not really travel friendly but I love the boxed blushes and how they sit inside my makeup drawer neat and tidy. The product can also be expensive but you get a lot of product (maybe last for 5 years even...yikes), coz I don't see myself finishing it soon. The blush itself is soft and smooth, easy to apply and blend. The smell is amazing. The color is somewhat matte ballerina pink that exudes "innocence" though may/maynot match all skin tones. Another issue for some people is pigmentation. It is actually very pigmented, I think it just depends on the brush that one is using. I myself use the Ecotools skunk brush that applies very lightly on the cheeks. A hint of pink on my cheeks is all I need especially when I go to work.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by nana7788

I love the product. The color looks amazing on anyone. But...man! Talk about messy packaging...I will be on a hunt for a new blush when I'm done...unfortunately/fortunately? It looks like a long time from now...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by KDBG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its a beautiful pale pink blush with slightly more gold shimmer than I'd like. It doesn't show any coral on me - which is a very good thing. Its not very pigmented on its own but it does give a nice depth used over bronzer on your cheeks. Used lightly, it can be an overall highlighter or swept over eyes to give a little polish.

I love the litle box and the brush inside it. I've had my dandelion for years and its still holding up. I wouldn't buy it again because I've got quite a few similar yet better pale blushes and I've hardly even made a dint in this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by lyzaklls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love Dandelion.
I have extreme combination skin. This doesn't accentuate my dry areas, and as an all-over face powder, it controls my oily appearance for at least two hours.
I layer it twice on cheeks for nice healthy glow. I'm also incredibly pale, and this is one of those shades that would look natural on any skin tone. It's very light, but layer-able.
It's a very light, pretty pink, and sheer enough in one or two "coats" to use as a finishing powder.
I enjoy the box packaging, it's cute and easy. Because it doesn't close magnetically, you don't have to worry about the box trying to close itself at inconvenient times.
I know it's not just me, but this product smells very nice for makeup! It's not mineral-smelling, like a metal scent. It's not overtly chemical smelling, and it doesn't smell like chalk. It's just a light, fresh, vaguely floral scent. That may bother some people, but I only notice the scent in the box and not on my face.
For $28, you do get quite a good amount of product. I've been wearing it five days a week since December and I can't imagine hitting pan any time soon.
I am very happy with this purchase, and I will re-purchase when I get low the second I can afford it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by juliejoy

This was the first blush I ever had (over 4 years ago!). Since then I've gone threw 2. I like that this product is literally fool proof to put on. Its perfect for days where you want that 'natural' glow to your cheeks. The only draw back for me is the card board packaging, I find it get scratched up easily. I would recommend this product to anyone one who is new to makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2011 4:19:00 AM More reviews by rodri182

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this sheer baby pink blush on my pale skin. I wear it every morning because it is impossible to overdo or mess up. Dandelion helps my face look brighter and awake! However I don't this this is women of color friendly. It is waaay too sheer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by Katie75007

Love, love love Dandelion; it's one of my HG blushes. It makes my otherwise very fair, pale complexion (NW5-10; NARS Siberia) look brighter and more lively. If I could give this ten stars, I would! It's the perfect shade of baby pink, and it is very difficult to overdo. I normally do not like scented products on my face, but I love the way this smells!

(As is the case with all Benefit blushes, though, I really dislike the box packaging. If you carry it with you, it looks worn and beat up within days -- and if you get it wet, forget it -- it looks ruined!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm a neutral light/medium (NW/NC 25) and if I worked with this I could get it to show up and work as a sheer pastel pink blush, but it just required too much work for me like it.