August 20, 2014 | 1001 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dandelion

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 7:56:00 AM More reviews by strawberrycupcake123

Such a lovely little packaging, and when Benefit said it was 'Ballerina-pink' i couldn't resist such a cute blush! I know its meant to be an 'all-over' face powder to be duster over the face, but seriously? Not for me anyway? Its far too shimmery (for a blush its fine, but not the whole face, eep!) I find that its not very pigmented, say as Coralista or Bella Bamba, but that means that you can build it up. For me, i really have to build up quite a lot to get the blush colour i like. Its adorable and smells great and a benefit classic. Definitely get the MUA tio show you how to use it. Once you know, its well worth the money.

If you have the time to blend it, it works out well. If you're after a straight blush that's stronger with only one application, use Coralista or Bella Bamba. Not a fan of the new flip lids, but the package is quite cute. Overall, a very cute product and teh perfect light-pink shade for a blush!

In love! <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by marsqurine

I love this blush :) This retails for US$28 for a 7g box :) I was actually disappointed that Benefit downsized their products (but still had the same pricing) around last month. I had an older version of this blush, which holds 10g of product. They downsized about 1/3 of the amount of their products, which is quite a lot. The website reads, "This classic ballerina pink finishing powder takes your complexion from dull to radiant in an instant... a celeb fave! Complete with soft, natural bristle-brush. To perk up throughout the day, dust on cheeks or all over complexion." I can see why this product gets so many raves. This shows up well on my fair skin, and even for beginners, its okay even if applied on with a heavy hand. Actually most of the time, I tend to overapply but it still looks natural. It also lasts very long too. I applied this on at 11.30 am for work and after a long day and a dinner with friends, its still looks decent 12 hours later. I haven't actually tried the brush that comes in the box as I use my own brush. Even though its pricey, especially after the product became smaller, its one of the very few blushes that highlights my cheekbones well with a pretty baby pink colour. I can normally see the difference in my blushes after application. I read that there were complaints about the shimmers in this blush, but I actually liked it. I had this for about 2 years and even when using it every other day, it still has 40% of product left. I will recommend this blush to all fair-skinned ladies, as this will not show up on dark complexions. I will repurchase this if I run out :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by tarzina789

I find this color beautiful on my pale skin, however, I think the price is completely ridiculous. I got it in a box set with Dallas and Hoola which made for a better value, but I would never spend $28 on a single blush. The color is great, but I also feel that it's nothing special enough to justify that price. I'm sure you can find a similar blush for much less elsewhere. It's a beautiful light pink blush with a slight sheen. It makes my skin really glowy and natural. It's literally impossible to overdo it with this blush, because it looks so natural! That said, I will enjoy it while I have it, but I won't be repurchasing. It comes with quite a bit of product. I've had mine for about 2 years and there is no sign of getting near the pan even though I use it about once a week at least.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by yuigi

This pale pink is a beautiful colour, although a light hand is needed when applying. If too much it looks like barbie.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by callire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pros:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this blush. I am extremely pale, like paper-white pale in the winter and this shade brings me back to life! I love it because it literally goes with any look and just enhances my natural skin. Secondly, I love it because I can apply it half asleep and it still looks good!

My 1st dandelion lasted me about 2.5 years and I just swapped for my second! It's a staple in my makeup collection.

Cons:

I would give this product 4.5 stars if I could, but since I can't, my only main complaints with this blush are the price and packaging. $28 for a blush is pretty expensive, especially since there are so many more cost-effective alternatives out there. It's not so high quality and amazing that I readily shell out the dough. Since it's just the perfect shade for me, so I just scowl in the checkout line.

Secondly, the packaging, while pretty, isn't made for the long haul. My box got crushed, beat up, and destroyed until only the pan remained. Considering how much product there is (2.5 yrs worth), the box WILL NOT last that long with my normal usage and traveling.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Calliga

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm doing an overall edit on this review, because I had it for a while, put it aside for a year, and came back to it. At first I hated this, it seemed chalky and very shimmery to me, and despite being very pale, it did not show up on my skin. After putting it aside, and finally taking it out again a whole year later, I'm wondering why I ever though those things. It certainly does show up on my skin, it's a lovely, natural flush. Also, it's not chalky and shimmery, it's quite silky, and adds a healthy sheen. Maybe I thought it was OTT because I hadn't been used to wearing any shimmer on my face at all? I don't even know.

One thing to note though, is that in order to get it to that nice healthy flush, you really have to swirl the brush in pretty hard, which kicks up a lot of powder. Maybe before I was being too light-handed because I was more used to extremely pigmented blush? In any case, I quite like it now, but it's still way overpriced.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by annkw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Way overpriced imo. It's just a pink blush and applies like every other (cheaper) blushes and lasts about the same. I've used it once or twice and never reached for it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't like the packaging as it's bulky when travelling.. but that said, there is nothing not to like in this gorgeous peachy pink blush.. it is smooth, not chalky and the application is delicate.. no buffing like mad on the clowny cheeks. The pigmentation is just right so the colour applies beautifully.

love it and will keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pale pinks are very difficult. They are usually on the border of either showing up as a natural tint or nothing at all. I bought this after Mac well dressed failed with me, it is complete invisible on me, I'm NC20 and I don't consider myself dark. Dandelion lOoks very much like Mac pinch o peach and well dressed combined, the good thing is it shows up on me!! It shows up to be this really natural tint, maybe not princessy pink, but a delicate glow that is somewhere between a really light red and the slightest hint of pink, like naturally how my cheeks look, lightly rosy, very pretty. It is one of my only blushes that is fool proof, it's impossible to overdo. Smells great, not as good as my Coralista but I still do think the scent is very comforting, not obnoxious. Pricewise this is expensive, but it also has more than double than usual blushes contain.I like the packaging because I never bring blushes out with me unless I'm traveling, so the box is no big deal to me. Overall I really like it as a everyday school/work blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 8:23:00 AM More reviews by JWILLS

I have used this for years and cant believe I have never written a review. This is my GO TO blush....it never lets me down, the color is just right, and stays put. I dont care for the large package as it doesnt fit that great in my make up bag but thats a small price to pay.I have repurchased this many times and will continue to do so.....